Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | Next > | Last >
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: meltdowner]
    #26615839 - 04/20/20 07:06 PM (2 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

meltdowner said:
Todays trump tweet was hilarious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252204786059018240

Wow.  Trump's gonna kill Biden.

:rofl2:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26616525 - 04/21/20 12:31 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

meltdowner said:
Todays trump tweet was hilarious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252204786059018240

Wow.  Trump's gonna kill Biden.

:rofl2:

:lmafo:

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Shenmue]
    #26616695 - 04/21/20 03:42 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

12.7 million views, 357 thousand likes, and it's hasn't even been up for a day yet.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Psilynut2]
    #26616750 - 04/21/20 05:29 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

"Na , in order for ww3 to happen someone would have to believe they could win and live in what’s left over .  It became way less likely to happen the day we nuked japan . Without nukes though nothing could stop us from bombing any country into submission if we had the will to do so ."

Miscalculation,
Say a boat full of sailors gets blown up on accident, and the other side starts shooting back.
Kind of like with the Israelis when it comes to escalations.
Their policy is
"If you hit us, we hit you back, no discussion"

It almost happened during the Cuban missile crisis,
Vasily Arkhipov (vice admiral)
Was ordered by the brass to fire, he disobeyed that order and prevented a nuclear war between the Soviet Union and the U.S.

My point is, there will always be some looming crisis or another, right around the corner.

More often than not, cooler heads will prevail, in the common interest of us all staying alive.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

"It's called rational thinking" - Zappa

"Logic leads to nihilism..."

Love, in a lot of ways is like good drugs, when you get good drugs its very obvious you got good drugs.

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Shenmue]
    #26616751 - 04/21/20 05:30 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

Brutal.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

"It's called rational thinking" - Zappa

"Logic leads to nihilism..."

Love, in a lot of ways is like good drugs, when you get good drugs its very obvious you got good drugs.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #26616961 - 04/21/20 09:11 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Buckomcdoogle said:
"Na , in order for ww3 to happen someone would have to believe they could win and live in what’s left over .  It became way less likely to happen the day we nuked japan . Without nukes though nothing could stop us from bombing any country into submission if we had the will to do so ."

Miscalculation,
Say a boat full of sailors gets blown up on accident, and the other side starts shooting back.
Kind of like with the Israelis when it comes to escalations.
Their policy is
"If you hit us, we hit you back, no discussion"

It almost happened during the Cuban missile crisis,
Vasily Arkhipov (vice admiral)
Was ordered by the brass to fire, he disobeyed that order and prevented a nuclear war between the Soviet Union and the U.S.

My point is, there will always be some looming crisis or another, right around the corner.

More often than not, cooler heads will prevail, in the common interest of us all staying alive.

Without nukes we could never have prevented the Soviet Union from taking over Europe. Their huge advantage in tanks was one of the most important reasons for nuclear weapons escalation during the cold war.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmi... Flag
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26617822 - 04/21/20 03:32 PM (2 months, 20 days ago)

They didn't have a huge advantage in tanks in 1945
The US/UK had every advantage in combination - especially in the air - except for sheer manpower and landmass
But nuclear weapons certainly did originally play excellently into the US playbook until the advent of icbms

--------------------

¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26617834 - 04/21/20 03:37 PM (2 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Without nukes we could never have prevented the Soviet Union from taking over Europe. Their huge advantage in tanks was one of the most important reasons for nuclear weapons escalation during the cold war.

:knowwhatnevermind:

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Near Dylan] * 1
    #26618002 - 04/21/20 04:42 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

WWII may have devastated the armies of Europe, but it honed the Red Army into a formidable war machine. At the same time, half of the US's logistical network was sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic due to the Second Happy Time.

You gotta remember that most of the USSR's failures in battle during the early parts of WWII were caused by Stalin's purges of the military, which meant that there was a severe lack of skilled officers to lead troops into battle. It also meant the troops were largely demoralized conscripts.

There is a reason that every single first strike scenario against the USSR relied on massive nuclear bombardment, and that reason is because nobody could field a conventional army in Europe that could match the Red Army.

There is also a reason that Zhukov was sent to some podunk post in the middle of nowhere after WWII, and that's because Stalin feared him.

Edited by Kryptos (04/21/20 04:51 PM)

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Kryptos]
    #26618009 - 04/21/20 04:46 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
WWII may have devastated the armies of Europe, but it honed the Red Army into a formidable war machine. At the same time, half of the US's logistical network was sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic due to the Second Happy Time.

You gotta remember that most of the USSR's failures in battle during the early parts of WWII were caused by Stalin's purges of the military, which meant that there was a severe lack of skilled officers to lead troops into battle. It also meant the troops were largely demoralized conscripts.

There is a reason that every single first strike scenario against the USSR relied on massive nuclear bombardment, and that reason is because nobody could field a conventional army in Europe that could match the Red Army.

:knowwhatnevermind:

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Near Dylan]
    #26618024 - 04/21/20 04:59 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

People that are unconcerned with their military standing rarely come up with things like Operation Dropshot, Operation Unthinkable, or publicize Plan Totality as a bluff-based deterrent.

Here ya go:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101116152301/http://www.history.neu.edu/PRO2/

Pages 22, 23, and 24.

British and US intelligence projects being outnumbered and outgunned 2.5:1

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #26618094 - 04/21/20 05:32 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Ya' killin' me ND! :laugh:

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26618252 - 04/21/20 06:49 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Recently I got to talk to someone at the RNC and there's a special election in our area and I told him I voted for the candidate he was calling about and I was able to establish a human connection with this person. During this Exchange I outlined that over 50% of all PTSD patients can only be treated with anxiety medication and due to the National opioid crisis being a federal executive order it's made it so I was inactive student in college before with aspirations of getting a job and now I am barely making it staying at home because the doctors can't give the dose they recommend for me. Also my father served in the Vietnam era on the cold war front and was LAPD for years after that sustaining permanent debilitating spine injuries and they made him choose between his pain meds and his anxiety meds.

Because he is bed-bound and I only get to be with him four days a week his anxiety, depression and PTSD attacks he had to choose the anxiety medication. Ever since every day he is an agonizing pain and it absolutely kills me to see him that way because of our own government. After talking to them for a while he said he had a specific way that he could get the message to the RNC because I'm technically a registered Republican and that's absolutely going to change if doctors don't get the right to treat patients Case by case and use their medical knowledge that the government does not have.  Also while I had him on the phone I emphasized that while leaving cannabis legislation up to the states is good the way it falls through the cracks is local governments are then able to override the vote of the state especially because it's the schedule one.

Who knows if they give a shit I doubt it but at least I said my piece.

That being said that's also not the only direct consequence that's happened in my life because of this administration's actions. And if you go back in some of these posts I was praising Trump for doing things like freeing up five hundred billion dollars in a real pandemic,(not the horseshit opiate one), invoking the defense production Act and after he got fooled he required them to do it and the most important in best decision Trump maybe he's ever made is having Anthony falchi as are leading expert leaving us through this and trying to tell people in layman's terms what we need to do he's received bipartisan support because he knows what needs to be done so through all of this I have some sense of hope that the dumb shit that Trump says isn't what he ultimately does.

But those small business loans dried up because they have not to big business, when he introduced the plan Enphase has to get back to normal I pretty much supported all that. Then he dangerously undercut his own efforts by encouraging protesters with no masks that weren't social distancing meaning of the word spreading more disinformation that coronavirus is a lie and these people only are saying what they're saying because they're not seeing the immense death toll that could be even though we have New York and Italy does the model and now many states.

Whenever someone asks a question nowadays that doesn't end in some ass kissing, the response is" your ratings are low, you're pathetic oh, what a horrible question, you're just being nasty, fake news, terrible reporters. Imagine if Obama would have done that Republicans would have been calling for an immediate impeachment over mental sanity. The reason being is the leader of the free world is supposed to be able to have a composure that sets an example for all Americans in public discourse. When you are the president of the United States of America you need to be able to keep your calm in eloquently answer even the hardest and sometimes very critical questions. Recently he said that "he doesn't mind criticism but they shouldn't be able to criticize him if there are wrong" That's the exact definition of criticism is they say you're wrong when you think you're right. Do you really want the government deciding who's wrong and who's right when it comes to the debate over what should we should do with our country? Do you want a free press which is a cornerstone of freedom or do you want a president that can pick and choose which questions he answers if he doesn't like the question?

--------------------
R.I.P
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (04/21/20 06:49 PM)

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26618260 - 04/21/20 06:51 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Excellent post ST.

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #26618300 - 04/21/20 07:12 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Trump is to Twitter as Roosevelt was to Fireside chats.....Dump does utilize current tech (everyone talking about his recent troll); more than Obummer's Blackberry jism. Hopefully, any parallel ends there as Roosevelt's chat premiered during Great Depression.

Help us all.  :finger: :voodoo:

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

Edited by SirTripAlot (04/21/20 07:14 PM)

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26618439 - 04/21/20 08:34 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Theoretically, that's what local representatives are supposed to do.

I had some bullshit a while back when I was in HS, where I moved states while I had a learner's permit, which led to complications getting a DL when I moved states, and then I became a US citizen halfway through so my documentation was suddenly invalid (since I was applying with a passport...I-5? I-501? something like that) and had to apply with a green card/citizenship.

Took 12 separate trips to the DMV, then I called my local congressman, and on my 13th trip to the DMV I got my DL. No paperwork that time. Just a signed letter from my congressman.

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
That being said that's also not the only direct consequence that's happened in my life because of this administration's actions. And if you go back in some of these posts I was praising Trump for doing things like freeing up five hundred billion dollars in a real pandemic,(not the horseshit opiate one), invoking the defense production Act and after he got fooled he required them to do it and the most important in best decision Trump maybe he's ever made is having Anthony falchi as are leading expert leaving us through this and trying to tell people in layman's terms what we need to do he's received bipartisan support because he knows what needs to be done so through all of this I have some sense of hope that the dumb shit that Trump says isn't what he ultimately does.

Sadly, trump has done none of that. He did not free up any money for real pandemics (he actually cut funding). He did not actually use the DPA, he only invoked it as a threat.

Not firing Fauci is the only good thing dumpty has done thus far, and that's not an action. That's a lack of action. A literal brick on a chair would have done that same.

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26618497 - 04/21/20 09:07 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

How does anyone expect this man to win. Just pick a better guy. He may just be running low on adrenochrome tho it happens.:cheers:

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Ovoidhunter]
    #26618518 - 04/21/20 09:25 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Well, he's a whole lot more coherent than the current POTUS, so there's that. He can speak in complete sentences and his grammar is at least at a ninth grade level.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmi... Flag
    #26618521 - 04/21/20 09:26 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Is he really though? :lol: At least I can tell what trump usually even is fucking talking about even if he knowing he's saying it makes it all the more idiotic.

--------------------

¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #26618523 - 04/21/20 09:27 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
...He can speak in complete sentences and his grammar is at least at a ninth grade level.

if ever there were evidence that Trump has permanently lowered the bar rather than served as an aberration...

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion