Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Anxiety and worrying after shrooms
    #26271546 - 10/23/19 11:09 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone. I'm having some troubles, that is anxiety episodes and slight body illness. That's the situation: 3 days ago i assumed 2 dried grams of Psilocybe Bohemica, and in the following days i continued microdosing, until yesterday at 4 pm (last microdose). Yesterday night, after smoking a joint, i had a strong anxiety episode, accompained by thought about a possible body damage given by the shrooms. Then i've been able to sleep, but today i had again some anxiety episodes, a bit lighter than yesterday, still accompained by some body feelings and tiny flashbacks (bright light and colors, sometimes very little objects waving). What do you think? Have you ever had experiences of this kind? Do you think it could be a kind of withdrawal symptom or something different?

I specify that the trip was weak but felt and i had some kind of sadness during it (i think it's typical when i take small amounts). Furthermore the next days in microdosing were wonderful, very good mood and so on. Another factor is that weed usually cause me a bit of anxiety (i know i'm dumb). Thanks a lot for reading and helping :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSigSaur99
Human

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: jl87]
    #26271772 - 10/23/19 01:11 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Just don't smoke weed, and lay off on the mushrooms for a few weeks.

OfflineBillywilly1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: SigSaur99]
    #26271818 - 10/23/19 01:32 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like someone is ready to start and get their life rolling.  Sounds like you have done your fair share of drugs and you need to start working out and find a career maybe also see a nutritionist or allergist.  Sounds to me like your brain is telling you you're made to do something else. I rarely do drugs anymore I started out like you and then hit rock bottom man I'm talking bad psychosis  I mean look at some of the posts people post about their psychedelic enlightenment it's insane..  one thing I noticed is shrooms dont make me feel good, I make myself feel good and shrooms make me focus on that because it's not like I can do much or want to while I'm on them. For example if I'm pissed then I will be pissed whether or not I'm on shrooms. So then your worry and guilt triggered your anxiety just like a random call from a number you dont know asking for you would trigger concern.

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: SigSaur99]
    #26271888 - 10/23/19 02:06 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you! I've already decided not to smoke weed anymore for a while, and after your suggestion i will not take shrooms for a while as well.
It is not the first time i take mushrooms, and not even one of my heavier trips, that's very weird. Anyway i already eat well and work out, have other interests etc. No past of several mental illness for me and my family, just story of weak depression and some anxiety but nothing clinical. The only thing is that in the last month my lifestyle has changed to a more "boring" one. Maybe the combination of weed and new lifestyle contributed to trigger this situation (i had never smoked weed so nearly to a shrooms assumption). Anyway thank you again for suggestions and supporting!

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: Billywilly1]
    #26271917 - 10/23/19 02:25 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Billywilly1 said:
Sounds like someone is ready to start and get their life rolling.  Sounds like you have done your fair share of drugs and you need to start working out and find a career maybe also see a nutritionist or allergist.  Sounds to me like your brain is telling you you're made to do something else. I rarely do drugs anymore I started out like you and then hit rock bottom man I'm talking bad psychosis  I mean look at some of the posts people post about their psychedelic enlightenment it's insane..  one thing I noticed is shrooms dont make me feel good, I make myself feel good and shrooms make me focus on that because it's not like I can do much or want to while I'm on them. For example if I'm pissed then I will be pissed whether or not I'm on shrooms. So then your worry and guilt triggered your anxiety just like a random call from a number you dont know asking for you would trigger concern.

If you want to share your story and what you understood about taking drugs and so on i would be pleased to read it! But of course is up to you.

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: jl87] * 2
    #26272445 - 10/23/19 06:31 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Mushrooms or any psychedelic will amplify anxiety if that is what you are harboring at the time. If you're in a tough period in life, or under considerable stress, this may give the trip a negative valence or tend to steer it in that direction because, after all, these things are problems striving to become conscious to be addressed. Our defense mechanisms against these things are usually there to protect us and keep the content in the shadow (i.e. invisible) (Jungian terminology).

Psychedelics can help with some anxiety or existential crises if it is at a level that can be managed through direct confrontation. There are gradations of difficult experience that, depending on the person, may become traumatizing if beyond their ability to manage, and may become trauma (a whole new problem to deal with). This difficult experience is caused by all boundaries disintegrating to varying degrees depending on dosage, including our usual defense mechanisms. Lying to oneself is nearly impossible in a psychedelic state, or, if one persists in doing so, the lie may come to possess one as a self of self-imposed autosuggestion in a deeply suggestible state. This type of self-programming could feasibly be positive or negative.

These forms of paranoia you describe, hypochondria, fear of dying, etc are symptoms of ego losing grip. Ego must have control and must remain invisible in order to survive. Psychedelics throw open the floodgates to a much vaster unconscious and if the ego struggles to hold on, temporary psychosis and a bad trip can result.

Some people let go easier than others, and these people are the best candidates for psychedelics in general. Those who have trouble letting go, imo, should stay away. If I see signs of this in people I do not trip with them. Bad vibes.

Anxiety can be caused or exacerbated by diet and gut health. Consider a good quality probiotic and eating more anti inflammatory foods.

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: CountHTML]
    #26273107 - 10/24/19 01:43 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:
Mushrooms or any psychedelic will amplify anxiety if that is what you are harboring at the time. If you're in a tough period in life, or under considerable stress, this may give the trip a negative valence or tend to steer it in that direction because, after all, these things are problems striving to become conscious to be addressed. Our defense mechanisms against these things are usually there to protect us and keep the content in the shadow (i.e. invisible) (Jungian terminology).

Psychedelics can help with some anxiety or existential crises if it is at a level that can be managed through direct confrontation. There are gradations of difficult experience that, depending on the person, may become traumatizing if beyond their ability to manage, and may become trauma (a whole new problem to deal with). This difficult experience is caused by all boundaries disintegrating to varying degrees depending on dosage, including our usual defense mechanisms. Lying to oneself is nearly impossible in a psychedelic state, or, if one persists in doing so, the lie may come to possess one as a self of self-imposed autosuggestion in a deeply suggestible state. This type of self-programming could feasibly be positive or negative.

These forms of paranoia you describe, hypochondria, fear of dying, etc are symptoms of ego losing grip. Ego must have control and must remain invisible in order to survive. Psychedelics throw open the floodgates to a much vaster unconscious and if the ego struggles to hold on, temporary psychosis and a bad trip can result.

Some people let go easier than others, and these people are the best candidates for psychedelics in general. Those who have trouble letting go, imo, should stay away. If I see signs of this in people I do not trip with them. Bad vibes.

Anxiety can be caused or exacerbated by diet and gut health. Consider a good quality probiotic and eating more anti inflammatory foods.

Absolutely agree. I started, from yesterday, to understand that the anxiety is in my control and is triggered by some given thoughts and states of mind. Essentially, i believe, the thing is that in the last weeks i started to come back to my "normal" life after several months of wonderful experiences (i.e. staying abroad, knowing lots of people, lots of relationships -of every kind- and healty stimuli -see new things, living in different contexts where all the pressure and limitation that i realized i was suffering from the place where i lived till that point of my life were almost completely gone away), and i started to rely upon weed and mushrooms, but in an unproductive and addictive way, because i'm not having that interesting life anymore and my former anxiety and general unsatisfaction are coming back (and i was repressing it, in a certain way, by force myself to believe that all would have been the same, regardeless of the fact that the condition generating my bad mood states had returned). But now i'm aware of it so i can manage it; and i can start looking at the shrooms and drug in general with less "restlesness" (or dependece-like behavior) and trying not to hide through them or weed my current state of things.
I think i'm addressing the problem well. Btw today i'm feeling much better, idk if it is because of these coping attitude or because some chemicals in my brain are stabilizing (probably for both).
Thank you for your opinion and help! I really like psicology and addressing problems in its way.

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#26273112 - 10/24/19 01:47 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:

Just a couple of questions: what do you mean with "let go"? And what kind of signs are you referring to (could you give me some examples)?
But, above all, do you think that if one takes a psychedelic for several times and nothing happens but some unpleasant trips (at low doses), is the subject safe or it could happen anyway to have really bad consequences? I mean, do you think that if one can control his/her problems by directly confrontation during several trips or in general during his/her past life, will also be able to manage these problems in the future or they could assume, with time and events, a character so that they could become unmanageble by direct confrontation?
And the last thing, what do you mean with "Ego must have control and must remain invisible in order to survive"?
I'm just noticing that your post is full of precious informations but i would need explanations to understand better what you said, so if you will be so patient it would mean a lot for me! Thank you.

Edited by jl87 (10/24/19 05:07 AM)

Offlinekate148
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#26273129 - 10/24/19 02:06 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Weed is the worst trigger for my anxiety!
Stop smoking,  dont do mushroom for some time. Exercise,  meditate,  eat healthy, relax, stay positive and you will be good !

Letting go means not trying to control it, observing it instead.

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #26273174 - 10/24/19 03:04 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:

:kenthumbup:

Nailed it. This is exactly what I always say: psychs/psychoactives are "amplifiers". Whatever your present state...prepare for a more intense version of that.

Excellent post overall, and spot on about the diet and gut health thing.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: kate148]
    #26273228 - 10/24/19 04:52 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kate148 said:
Weed is the worst trigger for my anxiety!
Stop smoking,  dont do mushroom for some time. Exercise,  meditate,  eat healthy, relax, stay positive and you will be good !

Letting go means not trying to control it, observing it instead.

Yes, the same for me regarding the weed, but i don't know why sometimes i keep smoking it anyway; but from now on i will stop, at least till when i will feel good with it.
I'm already fixing my diet and my lifestyle.
I've also made a supposition about my condition and shrooms in general: since this drug can actually create new neural paths (i'm talking as a prophane clearly-i'm not a neurologist) and make them staying in this new way, it could happen that it could born, consequently to an anxiety episode during/after a trip, a neural path associated with strong anxiety and, if you don't make any effort to change this new way of feeling (that is often correlated to some events/thoughts in your life) it could become permanent. And maybe that's the reason for which someone who experiences anxiety episodes (or other issues) after a trip can actually solve the problem just by tripping again with the right mindset and awareness. I know it's just a thought and a not-scientifically-proved hypothesis, but i noticed that when my anxiety starts, if i control my mind and understand the thought process behind the triggering the episodes suddendly stops. And if i succeed to change my thought process for that given "object of worrying", the anxiety doesn't come out anymore.
Of course, anyway, there is a "brain chemical" factor, i.e. i'm getting better because i stopped taking shrooms and weed and eating well etc.

Are you referring to kind of mindfulness right? Regarding the "letting go".

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26273232 - 10/24/19 04:56 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
Quote:

CountHTML said:

:kenthumbup:

Nailed it. This is exactly what I always say: psychs/psychoactives are "amplifiers". Whatever your present state...prepare for a more intense version of that.

Excellent post overall, and spot on about the diet and gut health thing.

Completely agree.

OfflinemeaculpaUIO
Male User Gallery

#26274782 - 10/24/19 07:53 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

If you are getting anxiety after smoking, you should avoid doing it. It might be easier to smoke in just a few days, or weeks of full pause. Many people I know including myself overindulge in cannabis sometimes. Its not a perfect lifestyle to be stoned everyday for many people who try it, but those are less visible.

Also it sounds like your anxiety worries you and has a hold on you; always remember that you are the boss of your body and your mind, and that you wont allow bad feelings to rule you or take your attention against your will

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: meaculpaUIO]
    #26275371 - 10/25/19 06:08 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meaculpaUIO said:
If you are getting anxiety after smoking, you should avoid doing it. It might be easier to smoke in just a few days, or weeks of full pause. Many people I know including myself overindulge in cannabis sometimes. Its not a perfect lifestyle to be stoned everyday for many people who try it, but those are less visible.

Also it sounds like your anxiety worries you and has a hold on you; always remember that you are the boss of your body and your mind, and that you wont allow bad feelings to rule you or take your attention against your will

I'm one of them too; the thing is that i like to smoke in some period of my life or in certain situations, but sometimes i keep doing it also when i know i shouldn't. My greatest fear now is that when i will trip again (without weed and with a right mindset that i am building dat by day) i will experience again anxiety episodes, or worse. But by knowing myself i know these are just fears and all will be fine. A thing that i overlooked is that in the past month i used three times mdma, and maybe it could interact with shrooms by generating anxiety etc. Do you know something about this kind of interaction?
Thank you for your valid support!

OfflinemeaculpaUIO
Male User Gallery

#26275446 - 10/25/19 06:48 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I've experienced trips where the shroom or "the event" concentrates on the fact that I am smoking tobacco and cannabis. Dont recommend those! The mush and the guilt inspired horrid scenes and sensations in my body. I would get strong sensations of killing myself with my use, a dry throat, the taste of ash and filth in my mouth, way worse than anything I've ever experienced sober or from smoking many joints in a row. The fear of death and disability that was composed in me, seriously opened me up to quitting cannabis, and it's a process I still work with

Its reached the point where I will only smoke at the end of a trip, because I dont wanna end up "in court" with the mushroom as a judge and myself as the accused.  I will also consciously ask for forgiveness for my crutch and my weakness. I am looking at myself and my use from the outside, I start to consider whether or not it diminishes me in a way that I cannot agree with.
These are the kind of processes that the mushrooms can help enlighten and shape.

Shrooms allow you to fight anxiety, depression, repeating thought patterns, habits - and addiction. However, you may not like the proposed causality of your problems the mushroom experience offers. It will not aid you in protecting you from your guilt if that is what you truly feel, and there is a great overlap in feeling guilt and despair at one's actions, and the general "anxiety" many people use as a term for the different experiences they have.

Mushrooms do offer relief at the same time, but an experience may point out YOURSELF as the origin of your pain, if that truly is the case, or if that theory or understanding is something you emotionally hide from yourself that might be true, it will surface.

And then you forgive yourself, or at least accept what has happened,
as far as you manage, as you realize how fallible and vulnerable you are to your own lies and misconceptions, yet you are loved and capable of love
for yourself and your surroundings.

Love and forgiveness towards yourself is allowed, something is learned and changed, a too hard grip on something is loosened; while other connections are strengthened.

Alternatively, it could be that any emotion or conclusion you reach "in the state" is self made, and that the whole manifestation originates in myself/yourself. There is no court, no third party, only the conflict, grief and process in yourself that your choices produce and maintain. The shame is self imposed, the pain is one you create and maintain, it is as much a product of you as anything else you've willingly or unwillingly done or not done.

Listen to your stomach, your guts, your feelings. They contain information, its not always easy to use or to understand; dreamlike in their nature they escape a strict framework for understanding them. But we often realize that our cognition, or senses, or intuition, warned us or indicated things of interest, after both the cue and the event has passed.

Edited by meaculpaUIO (10/25/19 07:00 AM)

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

#26276128 - 10/25/19 12:03 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meaculpaUIO said:
I've experienced trips where the shroom or "the event" concentrates on the fact that I am smoking tobacco and cannabis. Dont recommend those! The mush and the guilt inspired horrid scenes and sensations in my body. I would get strong sensations of killing myself with my use, a dry throat, the taste of ash and filth in my mouth, way worse than anything I've ever experienced sober or from smoking many joints in a row. The fear of death and disability that was composed in me, seriously opened me up to quitting cannabis, and it's a process I still work with

Its reached the point where I will only smoke at the end of a trip, because I dont wanna end up "in court" with the mushroom as a judge and myself as the accused.  I will also consciously ask for forgiveness for my crutch and my weakness. I am looking at myself and my use from the outside, I start to consider whether or not it diminishes me in a way that I cannot agree with.
These are the kind of processes that the mushrooms can help enlighten and shape.

Shrooms allow you to fight anxiety, depression, repeating thought patterns, habits - and addiction. However, you may not like the proposed causality of your problems the mushroom experience offers. It will not aid you in protecting you from your guilt if that is what you truly feel, and there is a great overlap in feeling guilt and despair at one's actions, and the general "anxiety" many people use as a term for the different experiences they have.

Mushrooms do offer relief at the same time, but an experience may point out YOURSELF as the origin of your pain, if that truly is the case, or if that theory or understanding is something you emotionally hide from yourself that might be true, it will surface.

And then you forgive yourself, or at least accept what has happened,
as far as you manage, as you realize how fallible and vulnerable you are to your own lies and misconceptions, yet you are loved and capable of love
for yourself and your surroundings.

Love and forgiveness towards yourself is allowed, something is learned and changed, a too hard grip on something is loosened; while other connections are strengthened.

Alternatively, it could be that any emotion or conclusion you reach "in the state" is self made, and that the whole manifestation originates in myself/yourself. There is no court, no third party, only the conflict, grief and process in yourself that your choices produce and maintain. The shame is self imposed, the pain is one you create and maintain, it is as much a product of you as anything else you've willingly or unwillingly done or not done.

Listen to your stomach, your guts, your feelings. They contain information, its not always easy to use or to understand; dreamlike in their nature they escape a strict framework for understanding them. But we often realize that our cognition, or senses, or intuition, warned us or indicated things of interest, after both the cue and the event has passed.

That's a wonderful description of how shrooms affect us and make us different and, most of times, better. I'm not an expert tripper (i just did shrooms four times) but i already had the possibility to notice the kind of phenomena that you pointed out. Thank you!

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #26278590 - 10/26/19 03:00 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I feel the advice "if you get anxiety after smoking weed then I wouldn't do mushrooms" is wrong. Weed seems to trigger this special anxiety button in your mind that only it can touch. I have found mushrooms are the same Everytime in one aspect...you eat them, you feel like you're a piece of shit, then you get exhaulted. Always that order. With weed, you just smoke and get paranoid, unless you are used to it and have tolerance.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Edited by Bill_Oreilly (10/26/19 04:50 PM)

OfflinemeaculpaUIO
Male User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26279424 - 10/26/19 11:34 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm, how to measure whether or not someone is "used to" paranoia..

Offlinejl87
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and worrying after shrooms [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26279633 - 10/27/19 05:20 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
I feel the advice "if you get anxiety after smoking weed then I wouldn't do mushrooms" is wrong. Weed seems to trigger this special anxiety button in your mind that only it can touch. I have found mushrooms are the same Everytime in one aspect...you eat them, you feel like you're a piece of shit, then you get exhaulted. Always that order. With weed, you just smoke and get paranoid, unless you are used to it and have tolerance.

Agree! Getting anxiety from weed doesn't mean that other substances can cause you anxiety as well, but smoking weed toghether with another substance can cause bad experiences.
Sometime i experience what you said, i.e. when you have tolerance you don't get paranoid (then idk if it's a tolerance from weed or from anxiety, maybe both).
Anyway, if a substance makes you feel bad, just don't do it, that's a simple rule. Sometimes i smoke weed and tell myself "why did you do that? You knew that it would have messed up your mind/thoghts/behaviour", that's an addictive-like behaviour, and i don't fucking like that. Getting rid of that!

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #26279659 - 10/27/19 06:10 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

meaculpaUIO said:
Hmmm, how to measure whether or not someone is "used to" paranoia..

I meant used to weed.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder