Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHollaatshrooms
Stranger
Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!?
    #24674232 - 10/01/17 02:29 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, I live in West Sussex in the U.K and Have a few places nearby me which I already know contain shrooms, as friends often pick them for me from there.

But there is a place we haven't searched yet called Petworth Park in West Sussex, If you google it, it'll show loads of images of it, It contains thousands, and I mean thousands of deer, and is a common place for walkers with and without dogs, I know they grow in cow fields, but wouldn't deer fields be the same principle?

Cheers in advance before we go later and waste our time :laugh:!

Edited by Hollaatshrooms (10/01/17 02:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrancedd
candyflipper
Male User Gallery

Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: Hollaatshrooms]
    #24674277 - 10/01/17 03:27 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

It's worth checking. I think they just have a preference for fertile semi-natural grass settings in general.

OfflineHollaatshrooms
Stranger
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: Trancedd]
    #24674377 - 10/01/17 05:55 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Cheers, hopefully some more people have some experience with this :P

OfflineTrancedd
candyflipper
Male User Gallery

#24674385 - 10/01/17 06:06 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

^I think the main problem would be the deer eating them. Maybe try any fields that they are not currently occupying.

OfflineHollaatshrooms
Stranger
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: Trancedd]
    #24674398 - 10/01/17 06:20 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Trancedd said:
^I think the main problem would be the deer eating them. Maybe try any fields that they are not currently occupying.

I thought this was the whole principle of why they grow in cow fields because when the mushrooms/spores are eaten they aren't digested and when they come out they already fertilized in the manure.

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #24674449 - 10/01/17 07:02 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hollaatshrooms said:

So instead of going out there to look yourself you come here to waste both your and our time? Well...

OfflineHollaatshrooms
Stranger
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: Byrain]
    #24674475 - 10/01/17 07:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Byrain said:
Quote:

Hollaatshrooms said:

So instead of going out there to look yourself you come here to waste both your and our time? Well...

Not really sure why you're digging at me, I was literally just wondering if anybody had experience finding them in Deer parks lol...

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #24674489 - 10/01/17 07:29 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

There is only one way for you to know that, go outside, but instead you rather waste everyone's time... If you read the forum rules you would know these kinds of questions are frowned upon for good reason.

Quote:

6.  No asking when or where mushrooms, or a specific mushroom species will grow.
This includes, asking what habitat a mushroom[s] can be found- or their preferred fruiting conditions.  This can be very simply answered by using the "search posts" feature: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/2263556

OfflineTheRoots
Stranger

#26271047 - 10/23/19 04:24 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Hi,

I've been to a deer park hunt yesterday for 4 hours, a dry day after 2 semi dry days and maybe I found what I think is 1 Liberty Cap..

Still waiting for verification, but if it is, It might just not be the right conditions that I was out searching for them in? Or that the deer just missed out on that one haha!

Honestly I still have a lot of research to do on this..

Do try it out and let us know and I will too if somethings new.
Best of luck!

OfflineSkunkonToast
Stranger

Loc: UK Kent Flag
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: TheRoots]
    #26271605 - 10/23/19 11:36 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I've had pretty good days of hunting at my local deer park. They don't graze any more aggressively than sheep and although alot of the grass is short there are always those shabbyer areas that have alot of sedge and clumps of longer grass. I find them almost exclusively in these areas. Try close to the tree lines where the grass tends to get thicker. Also worth waiting for a good day of rain or so before going out. Was this at the place sort of West londonish that I mentioned? Like I said I know it used to be good but not been there for years. The one in Kent is where I tend to have reasonable success. It's about 200meters above sea level and gets good and wet. I find a good indicator for suitable areas is if you find a few patches of that yellow antler fungus growing from the grass. I tend to scour these areas and find quite a few patches of libs. It may just be coincidence, or me looking for patterns everywhere but it seems to work for me. In the end of the day it really comes down to alot of searching different places, keep scouring satellite maps looking for the right king of field then putting in the leg work until you find what you want. It gets easier with the more success you have as you get more of an idea what the perfect field should look like from the sky.

Edited by SkunkonToast (10/23/19 11:37 AM)

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Trusted Identifier
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: SkunkonToast]
    #26272172 - 10/23/19 04:38 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think it matters, as long as there's grass, that's the important thing. It doesn't even necessarily have to be pasture. I have a deer park near me, but it's not a great producer, I might find one or two if I'm lucky, but I don't think it's anything to do with the deer. I do, however, find that sheep fields are the best, but I think that is more to do with the type of habitat that sheep tend to be grazed on (i.e. rough and montane regions), plus the sheep keep the grass nice and short so it's easier to see the mushrooms.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: Duggstar]
    #26272439 - 10/23/19 06:29 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

You can find them anywhere grazing animals are kept or use. They will also grow where fertilizer is used regularly with a lot of nitrogen.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: Doc9151]
    #26272483 - 10/23/19 06:46 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
You can find them anywhere grazing animals are kept or use. They will also grow where fertilizer is used regularly with a lot of nitrogen.

Sorry, but I disagree with both those points.
(a) Just because there are grazing animals, it doesn't necessarily mean you will find them there, and, just because there aren't grazing animals, doesn't mean you can't find them there. The important thing is the grass.
(b) I find that artificial fertiliser actually kills them - I find far more in fields that are either naturally fertilised with dung, or not fertilised at all.

Edit: I think the OP was talking about Liberty caps; maybe you were talking about cubes? :shrug:

Edited by Duggstar (10/23/19 06:49 PM)

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Are Deer parks just as good as Cow Fields?!? [Re: Duggstar]
    #26273306 - 10/24/19 06:02 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

No, libs, but I should have been more specific about the fertilizer used, there are some made from liquified dung, but the way I said it made it seem as if I was talking about synthetic ferts.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #26273308 - 10/24/19 06:04 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I'm curious how treated human waste from the shit plant would work for growing cubes or other dung lovers, it works awesome for regular food crops and they give it away.

--------------------

OfflineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #26273454 - 10/24/19 08:11 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I always thought of animals as important (but not necessary) vectors for p. semilanceata spores, which is why they are more commonly found in areas with animals than not, but they can be found in both types of areas

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
    #26273710 - 10/24/19 10:12 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
I'm curious how treated human waste from the shit plant would work for growing cubes or other dung lovers, it works awesome for regular food crops and they give it away.

"Local studies have shown a correlation between the growth of Psilocybe Weilii above the ground that leaking sewage pipes are buried under. In one instance, in Suwanee, Georgia, a clearing that was roughly 1/4 mile in length was found with thousands of fruiting Psilocybe Weilii, many of which were 5" in diameter; this discovery was found in late September 2003. After the city of Suwanee found the leak in the sewage pipes, and corrected the problem, the Psilocybe Weilii were never found again in that specific location."

--------------------

You never kno

Edited by Shroomhunts (10/24/19 10:13 AM)

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #26273787 - 10/24/19 10:47 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:

My understanding is that it has to be the dung of herbivores, otherwise it doesn't have the right nutrients. Even if they did grow on human shit, I'm sure you wouldn't want to eat it, you'd probably get something nasty from it like cholera or something! :puke:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds