Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: koods]
    #26354206 - 11/30/19 04:44 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Even if Russia spied on the DNC, we don't know who released the emails to Wikileaks.  I've already shown you there is more evidence it wasn't Russia than it was.

Russia hacked the DNC. They or someone they supplied the emails to gave them to Wikileaks.

Whether you realize it or not, you are an active participant in Russia’s disinformation campaign.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (11/30/19 04:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: Kryptos]
    #26354210 - 11/30/19 04:46 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
How is Trump benefitting Russia, or even Yevgeny Prigozhin?

Well, the immediate benefit was lifting/cancelling sanctions. Since then, we've got attacks on NATO, the free US military base, the demolition of credibility and world alliances elsewhere...

The aluminum mine in Kentucky funded by US taxpayers. What else am I missing?

Oh, and the boost to Russian politics that the appearance of owning donnie has provided.

He's done plenty that was bad for Russia. He's imposed lots of new Sanctions, sold weapons to Ukraine, ordered two consulates closed, beefed up our military...

Some of the stuff you mentioned like 'attacks on NATO' is just him looking out for the US taxpayer.  I support that.  But I guess you're going down the road of the anti-Tulsi crowd.  "Tulsi wants peace in Syria?  Putin wants peace in Syria!  She must love Putin!!!"

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26354230 - 11/30/19 04:53 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:
Even if Russia spied on the DNC, we don't know who released the emails to Wikileaks.  I've already shown you there is more evidence it wasn't Russia than it was.

Russia hacked the DNC. They or someone they supplied the emails to gave them to Wikileaks.

Whether you realize it or not, you are an active participant in Russia’s disinformation campaign.

If you won't even read my short link that I provided for you, what's the point in arguing?

I don't play make believe, and you sir are king.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26354235 - 11/30/19 04:55 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
How is Trump benefitting Russia, or even Yevgeny Prigozhin?

Well, the immediate benefit was lifting/cancelling sanctions. Since then, we've got attacks on NATO, the free US military base, the demolition of credibility and world alliances elsewhere...

The aluminum mine in Kentucky funded by US taxpayers. What else am I missing?

Oh, and the boost to Russian politics that the appearance of owning donnie has provided.

He's done plenty that was bad for Russia. He's imposed lots of new Sanctions, sold weapons to Ukraine, ordered two consulates closed, beefed up our military..."

The Russian sanctions were mandated by congress in a bill that he signed only because his veto would have been overturned. The Ukraine military aid was also mandated by Congress, but there is also some reporting that those javelins were conditioned on Ukrainians stopping giving assistance to the Mueller investigation concerning Paul Manafort.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26354250 - 11/30/19 05:02 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The day trump signed the Russia sanctions bill, the kremlin tweeted that Trump was weak. Trump, for the first time in his life, did not respond to the insult.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26354262 - 11/30/19 05:06 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

So lots of arguing, but too chicken to take my bet?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26354282 - 11/30/19 05:15 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
A taxi medallion in NYC costs nearly a million bucks.

Uber never spent more than a couple bucks on any of its drivers.

Therefore, Uber is completely useless and the taxi business in NYC is booming, with zero competition from Uber.

Sounds like the above logic.

And how much did Uber spend to develop it's software?

I just don't think that's a very good comparison.  The idea is to compare how much a story got in people's faces on Facebook, and Facebook ad spending is a very good way to measure that.

If we were to make an estimate of how much Uber was used compared to taxis, a rough estimate would be to look at how much passengers spent on Uber vs Taxis.

Comparing a story's spread through facebook based on ad revenue is a fundamental misunderstanding of both facebook and viral content.

For example, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "OK Boomer" at some point. That does not mean there is a billion dollar advertising machine pushing that phrase (at least, not at first).

That's the entire point. Nobody looks at billboards anymore, so people switched to TV advertising. Now people tune out TV commercials, so there is a burgeoning market for "authentic" reviews by other people--it's why I can sell a year old reddit account with a couple thousand karma for $100-200, because that account can be used to market things while seeming like it's just a friendly suggestion from a real person.

Same thing happened here. Instead of buying up TV ad space, a couple hundred college students in Russia got paid to create "authentic" accounts, and once in a while they shotgunned a few politically tinged narratives. The ones that stuck got amplified, and suddenly your uncle is sharing a Killary meme on facebook. That's all free advertising. The brilliance of the strategy is to put out memes and narratives on both sides, so that someone looking for an easy counterargument starts using a manufactured narrative as well.

That's just how it is. You either get it or you don't. There are plenty of smart people that just don't get it. They never will. Just like how McDonald's execs were all freaking out in the early 2000s because their TV ad buys didn't seem to work.

Yet, you're completely unable to quantify any influence anything posted on FB or even The Shrommery has on a election, correct?  What difference does it make if it's some Russian students or the BBC spewing anti-Trump rhetoric?  It doesn't.

I hope you're not looking for some sort of political vacuum that would exist in the US political world, that's never going to happen and we shouldn't ever expect it to happen.  We're all adults here and ONLY voters hold the responsibility for their vote, NOT social media outlets.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: qman]
    #26354287 - 11/30/19 05:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

:raisemyglass:

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: koods] * 1
    #26354316 - 11/30/19 05:29 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I’m saying Guiliani should not be trusted as a credible source. IDK if he was in on the lie or just a stooge. What we do know is he was working with two people who are now under indictment for trying to influence us politics with illegal campaign contributions. Guiliani was working for a man who would personally benefit from the allegations. He was interviewing a man who has a personal grudge against the person he was accusing.

And we know that Biden was executing Obama foreign policy when he went to Ukraine to demand Shokin be fired.

At this moment the case against Trump is circumstantial. But it's a strong circumstantial case. It merits forcing Trump to testify or take the 5th. Probably none of this can happen while he's President. Let's hope that's in one year and not five. If it's the latter he'll probably escape prosecution by dying. Like the guy from Enron.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: qman] * 1
    #26354350 - 11/30/19 05:46 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

Therefore, Uber is completely useless and the taxi business in NYC is booming, with zero competition from Uber.

I just don't think that's a very good comparison.  The idea is to compare how much a story got in people's faces on Facebook, and Facebook ad spending is a very good way to measure that.

If we were to make an estimate of how much Uber was used compared to taxis, a rough estimate would be to look at how much passengers spent on Uber vs Taxis.

Comparing a story's spread through facebook based on ad revenue is a fundamental misunderstanding of both facebook and viral content.

For example, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "OK Boomer" at some point. That does not mean there is a billion dollar advertising machine pushing that phrase (at least, not at first).

That's the entire point. Nobody looks at billboards anymore, so people switched to TV advertising. Now people tune out TV commercials, so there is a burgeoning market for "authentic" reviews by other people--it's why I can sell a year old reddit account with a couple thousand karma for $100-200, because that account can be used to market things while seeming like it's just a friendly suggestion from a real person.

Same thing happened here. Instead of buying up TV ad space, a couple hundred college students in Russia got paid to create "authentic" accounts, and once in a while they shotgunned a few politically tinged narratives. The ones that stuck got amplified, and suddenly your uncle is sharing a Killary meme on facebook. That's all free advertising. The brilliance of the strategy is to put out memes and narratives on both sides, so that someone looking for an easy counterargument starts using a manufactured narrative as well.

That's just how it is. You either get it or you don't. There are plenty of smart people that just don't get it. They never will. Just like how McDonald's execs were all freaking out in the early 2000s because their TV ad buys didn't seem to work.

Yet, you're completely unable to quantify any influence anything posted on FB or even The Shrommery has on a election, correct?  What difference does it make if it's some Russian students or the BBC spewing anti-Trump rhetoric?  It doesn't.

I hope you're not looking for some sort of political vacuum that would exist in the US political world, that's never going to happen and we shouldn't ever expect it to happen.  We're all adults here and ONLY voters hold the responsibility for their vote, NOT social media outlets.

Of course everything posted here or wherever else has an effect on the election. And of course it's ultimately up to the voters, but the voters rely on information, which is coming from somewhere.

Now, where does, for example, the idea that Hillary is Satan come from? It's been mentioned before, even here on the Shroomery.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/6053177352305.pdf

Now, an interesting thing about election laws--it is illegal for a foreign entity to spend money to support a candidate, but they can support issues due to Citizens United. So, if they said "elect donnie" or "vote against Hillary", that would have been illegal. However, calling Hillary "Satan" isn't an endorsement of a candidate, it is technically a single issue. Sorta like M4A, or UBI, the belief that a candidate is the devil himself is not an endorsement of a candidate, but of their policies.

It just so happens that targeting places like the shroomery is largely a waste of time. There are much bigger places to go, like Twitter. Especially with something like twitter, where something either catches on or is immediately forgotten. You take what catches, you amplify it a bit, and you watch it disseminate throughout the rest of the internet as people send it to each other. Then people like you, or people like dreamachine can take over and make sure the idea that one of the candidates is evil incarnate spreads elsewhere for free.

Again, trying to "quantify" a viral meme is a fundamental misunderstanding of how modern social media platforms work, or how viral memes work. If there was a way to quantify it, there would be a formula for it, and McDonalds would be putting out a viral Big Mac meme every 38 seconds. And society would become desensitized and stop paying attention, just like how I can drive by 300 billboards and not be able to tell you a single thing written on any of them.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26354393 - 11/30/19 06:14 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Of course everything posted here or wherever else has an effect on the election. And of course it's ultimately up to the voters, but the voters rely on information, which is coming from somewhere.

Now, where does, for example, the idea that Hillary is Satan come from? It's been mentioned before, even here on the Shroomery.

Were you tricked by that one too?  :lol:

C'mon, that's clickbait.  How about just taking my bet, because I don't think we'll get anywhere before April.

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26354404 - 11/30/19 06:22 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Why do you continue to argue with him?  He doesn't care about discussions, just how he's feeling at the moment.

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26354405 - 11/30/19 06:23 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

koods said:
I’m saying Guiliani should not be trusted as a credible source. IDK if he was in on the lie or just a stooge. What we do know is he was working with two people who are now under indictment for trying to influence us politics with illegal campaign contributions. Guiliani was working for a man who would personally benefit from the allegations. He was interviewing a man who has a personal grudge against the person he was accusing.

And we know that Biden was executing Obama foreign policy when he went to Ukraine to demand Shokin be fired.

At this moment the case against Trump is circumstantial. But it's a strong circumstantial case. It merits forcing Trump to testify or take the 5th. Probably none of this can happen while he's President. Let's hope that's in one year and not five. If it's the latter he'll probably escape prosecution by dying. Like the guy from Enron.

False.  There is no evidence but hearsay and on the grand scale of things, it's unimportant.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: meltdowner]
    #26354423 - 11/30/19 06:33 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hearsay? We have multiple witnesses who directly heard trump ask for or discuss a quid pro quo. Also, it’s not hearsay when you are dealing with a chain of command.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26354476 - 11/30/19 06:59 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

Were you tricked by that one too?  :lol:

C'mon, that's clickbait.  How about just taking my bet, because I don't think we'll get anywhere before April.

No, because your bet is stupid.

Hell, this whole discussion is stupid.

Ukraine is a great example. Nobody cares about corruption, nobody cares about investigations, donnie got everything he wanted from Ukraine--people like you talking about needing to look into the Bidens. Evidence doesn't matter. Crimes don't matter. The perception is all that matters, and the perception is there. That's why donnie didn't care about investigations themselves, but needed the announcement of investigations on live TV. He got exactly what he wanted--his announcement that he wanted the Bidens investigated, on live TV, from the impeachment committee. He might pay for it dearly, but donnie's disposable.

Same thing here. Nobody cares about who got influenced, nobody cares if anybody gets indicted. The real 4D chess is making people think there is a deeper purpose to any of this. The goal has been accomplished. It's working out marvelously, and has been for the past three years. Sadly, I think it's going to keep working out marvelously, and the only outcome will be the slow bleeding of the US populace. First the money, then the freedoms, and finally the Pyrrhic victory that will be removing donnie from office. What happens after that? I don't know. We might be at the point of President Ivanka, if donnie kicks the bucket by then. Either way, the US won't ever be the same. At the very minimum, we are no longer trustworthy. And that's a fact. Regardless of indictments, regardless of impeachment, the investigation has been announced, and that makes the US not credible any longer. The outcome doesn't matter, the goal has been achieved.

Why do you think I keep spending time and money on maintaining my Russian citizenship?

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: Kryptos] * 2
    #26354528 - 11/30/19 07:36 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

Now, an interesting thing about election laws--it is illegal for a foreign entity to spend money to support a candidate, but they can support issues due to Citizens United. So, if they said "elect donnie" or "vote against Hillary", that would have been illegal. However, calling Hillary "Satan" isn't an endorsement of a candidate, it is technically a single issue. Sorta like M4A, or UBI, the belief that a candidate is the devil himself is not an endorsement of a candidate, but of their policies.

It just so happens that targeting places like the shroomery is largely a waste of time. There are much bigger places to go, like Twitter. Especially with something like twitter, where something either catches on or is immediately forgotten. You take what catches, you amplify it a bit, and you watch it disseminate throughout the rest of the internet as people send it to each other. Then people like you, or people like dreamachine can take over and make sure the idea that one of the candidates is evil incarnate spreads elsewhere for free.

Again, trying to "quantify" a viral meme is a fundamental misunderstanding of how modern social media platforms work, or how viral memes work. If there was a way to quantify it, there would be a formula for it, and McDonalds would be putting out a viral Big Mac meme every 38 seconds. And society would become desensitized and stop paying attention, just like how I can drive by 300 billboards and not be able to tell you a single thing written on any of them.

So in other words, people are still discussing politics like they always have in the past and it's impossible to measure the impact of social media today.

Voters make their own decisions and have the capability to filter through information to make rational decisions from their own perspective. Not everyone has access to all the information available and they still vote in the elections.

In my opinion, I want as much access to information that is available and then I can make my OWN decisions from that information. I don't need people to worry about how I decide to act on the total information I have access to before I cast my vote, it's none of their concern.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26354545 - 11/30/19 07:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Hearsay? We have multiple witnesses who directly heard trump ask for or discuss a quid pro quo. Also, it’s not hearsay when you are dealing with a chain of command.

I guess you didn't watch 4:39 - 7:30 of this video.

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Re: White House ignores subpoenas [Re: koods] * 1
    #26354557 - 11/30/19 07:58 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Simply not true.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26354582 - 11/30/19 08:18 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Ukraine is a great example. Nobody cares about corruption, nobody cares about investigations, donnie got everything he wanted from Ukraine--people like you talking about needing to look into the Bidens.

I agree with you.  But I'm glad we found out the Bidens are corrupt.  If you want to take down Trump for asking for help to investigate this corruption, that's fine with me.  Just don't make up stories along the way (like the Bidens clean, which is what koods is trying to argue).

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Evidence doesn't matter. Crimes don't matter. The perception is all that matters, and the perception is there. That's why donnie didn't care about investigations themselves, but needed the announcement of investigations on live TV. He got exactly what he wanted--his announcement that he wanted the Bidens investigated, on live TV, from the impeachment committee. He might pay for it dearly, but donnie's disposable.

Wait, do you think the Bidens are clean?  I don't care about corrupt people.

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Same thing here. Nobody cares about who got influenced, nobody cares if anybody gets indicted. The real 4D chess is making people think there is a deeper purpose to any of this. The goal has been accomplished. It's working out marvelously, and has been for the past three years. Sadly, I think it's going to keep working out marvelously, and the only outcome will be the slow bleeding of the US populace. First the money, then the freedoms, and finally the Pyrrhic victory that will be removing donnie from office. What happens after that? I don't know. We might be at the point of President Ivanka, if donnie kicks the bucket by then. Either way, the US won't ever be the same. At the very minimum, we are no longer trustworthy. And that's a fact. Regardless of indictments, regardless of impeachment, the investigation has been announced, and that makes the US not credible any longer. The outcome doesn't matter, the goal has been achieved.

I don't think we deserve to be trustworthy after all the lies we've been telling.

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
How about just taking my bet, because I don't think we'll get anywhere before April.

No, because your bet is stupid.

My bet is unrelated to impeachment.  My bet is that that "Yevgeny (the head of the Russian 'troll farm') either wins, or the US drops the case before a ruling, because we can't afford to lose this and we don't feel confident in our evidence."  If you don't believe this statement, you should take the bet.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26354610 - 11/30/19 08:37 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:

I guess you didn't watch 4:39 - 7:30 of this video.

That’s some fancy editing

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom