Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
evil entity has taken over
    #2627074 - 05/01/04 08:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

has anybody heard of drug induced demons. like while your on shrooms for example a demon may find you vulnerable and possess you.

--------------------
"Where's your will to be weird?" -jimmy morrison

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: evil entity has taken over [Re: namesash]
    #2627170 - 05/01/04 09:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hmm sounds like rubbish to me(pure opinion though, so take it as only that).

Thinking like that is what makes a person more vulnerable.

I'd be more vulnerable when I'm not tripping.  My spirituality could not allow such a thing to happen when I'm tripping.  :smile:

Edited by entityexperiment (05/01/04 09:50 PM)

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2627180 - 05/01/04 11:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This isnt exactly support related. Ill give this another day here and then im gona move it to S&P.

Demons? no, never heard of that because of drugs. I dont believe in heaven or hell tho, so perhaps you meen the demons of our better nature? :tongue: That, sure, on some drugs. Crack made me a demon.

--------------------

Offlinel0st
    #2627228 - 05/02/04 07:00 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

dude, what you are thinking are paranoid delusions.

if u keep this up doctors will label you schizo and you'll end up going down a long road that leads to depression.

stay off the drugs, say to yourself what you're thinking is not realistic and try to stay calm until it tides over.

once you snap out of your delusional haze u will realize how foolish u are being. trust me man , you don't want to go down this path. i believed so many outrageous delusions when i was messed up on paxil and shrooms and they come back to haunt you once the medical people know about you.

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
Re: evil entity has taken over [Re: l0st]
    #2627515 - 05/02/04 11:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

damn i think i may be a schizo. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #2627524 - 05/02/04 11:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The world is full of kings and queens
who blind your mind and steal your dreams
It's heaven and hell.. (black sabbath)

Those are the only demons I know about..

I agree with the above statements..

I also feel the only demons are ones we make ourselves....Positive Energy... Keeps them at bay!!!!! Good Luck....

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Edited by nofind_um (05/02/04 11:59 AM)

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: evil entity has taken over [Re: nofind_um]
    #2627536 - 05/02/04 12:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

itshere

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2627808 - 05/02/04 02:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well, here's a different angle.
There's stuff out there we don't understand. People who have encountered some of this stuff named some of it "demons". Some of this turned out to be what we consider science - thunder, psychosis, volcanic eruptions, disease -
others are still not understood, and still live within the realm of the possible.

Psychedelics open up one's mind to the possible.

Well...some people's minds.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2628010 - 05/02/04 03:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

A lot of people overlook the immense power of suggestion. If you believe you are possessed while you take mushrooms, you'll be much more prone to falling into that delusion especially if it is reinforced by other people who are either fucking with you or also delusional, themselves. I'd say if you are already entertaining such notions as demon possession, to stay far away from psychedelics. Otherwise you're going to end up on the news as another teenage kid who cut his mom up with scissors because satan told him to do it.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2628075 - 05/02/04 03:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hey man, i think you may have gotten this crazy talk from me, so you need to understand something: demons are not real. don't pretend there is an evil entity in your body, you'll only scare yourself into believing it.

this is why i think you believe this... from this thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=7

me:
"i had dissociative feelings, yeah. basically what i meant by that was that my mind felt like a separate entity from my body. it's a hard feeling to explain, but it was very unsettling and it really prohibited me from performing my everyday activities well. someone earlier in the thread described it as "being stuck in the middle of ego loss." all my thoughts were in the form of one very loud voice (similar to my own), and most every thought i had was negative. not fun stuff. i felt like that voice was driving me, and i could NEVER get it to shut up. i thought i was going to go insane if it kept up. "

ash:
"so did the dissociative voice sound evil. like an evil version of yourself. good ash, bad ash. that kinda deal. cuz thats what i feel is goin on in my head. feels like bad ash is trying to take over. i do have that ego loss thing too.."

me:
"no..not evil.. the voice just always had negative stuff to 'say'.."

you have to understand i did not mean this in a "possession" type of manner!! i just meant that my mind had a 'voice' driving it, but it was MY voice! there is nothing supernatural about it!

take care ash
-jonnywax

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
Re: evil entity has taken over [Re: bert]
    #2628128 - 05/02/04 03:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well thing is i didnt feel this way until i took shrooms for my first time. and even wen i was on them i didnt feel this way, altho it was a reaallly bad trip, i didnt recognize myself wen i looked in the mirror becaus my facial expression was so insane & it wasnt all in my head because my friend agreed after the trip that he also didnt recognize me. the insane look didnt come outta nowhere either, someone called me a name which really hurt my feelings and offended me(only because i was on shrooms), and thats when all hell broke loose. i became really depressed, thought iwas crying, but i wasnt. and it was like everything anybody said to me was an emotional stab at me. then i looked in the mirror and was like WHOA.it was only after that horrifying experience that i have become 'delusional' thinkin that i may have been/am possessed after ingesting them. its a really scary feeling, cause i still get different versions of that face and get violent impulses(which i dont believe i had when i was trippin), and get depressed because of it. its like im takin on a whole different person. the reason why "demon" has come to mind is because religion is very strong in my family,and i was the only one who abandoned it temporarily. schizo might run in my family(family members claiming to have seen ghosts and sense when something bad is going to happen, and having ghosts mess w/ them),, unless it is really a 6th sense, and a demon found me vulnerable on shrooms and zapped me. or maybe i just have a chemical imbalance & lots of issues.. or all of the above. i am so messsed up.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2628292 - 05/02/04 04:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If you're sure it was the result of the shroom trip then you should think over the things that made you feel uncomfortable during the trip and work from there. For example, why did you get so offended when someone called you a name rather than just laugh it off (although I know the mind blows stuff out of proportion while trippping). It could be self-esteem or ego issues, or some supressed feelings.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2628732 - 05/02/04 07:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You have 100% control over yourself, whether you realize it or not. Demon is just another way of saying negative thought patterns. The negative thought patterns you are attuned to is what you need to disconnect from.

Tree's are ugly. TV is necessary. Fresh air is overrated. Work sucks. Overdue bills. Closing your eyes and exhaling and feeling peace embrace you is unnecessary.

You are exactly what you truly believe you are. Do not be afraid to be what you are, if that is indeed the root of the problem. It was the root of mine when I had unnecessary issues :smile:

Smile and be happy.
I wish you much peace and self-confidence.

Some really good advice I think you should read is from fireworks_god's post on Higher Consciousness: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (05/02/04 08:10 PM)

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2628753 - 05/02/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

dont worry about it, you were just tripping. tripping is a mental ride, your mind becomes like a mirror, reflecting your thoughts in an extreme way. this reminds me of a zen-story:

"The Subjugation of a Ghost-

The wife of a man became very sick. On her deathbed, she said to him, "I love you so much! I don't want to leave you, and I don't want you to betray me. Promise that you will not see any other women once I die, or I will come back to haunt you."

For several months after her death, the husband did avoid other women, but then he met someone and fell in love. On the night that they were engaged to be married, the ghost of his former wife appeared to him. She blamed him for not keeping the promise, and every night thereafter she returned to taunt him. The ghost would remind him of everything that transpired between him and his fiancee that day, even to the point of repeating, word for word, their conversations. It upset him so badly that he couldn't sleep at all.

Desperate, he sought the advice of a Zen master who lived near the village. "This is a very clever ghost," the master said upon hearing the man's story. "It is!" replied the man. "She remembers every detail of what I say and do. It knows everything!" The master smiled, "You should admire such a ghost, but I will tell you what to do the next time you see it."

That night the ghost returned. The man responded just as the master had advised. "You are such a wise ghost," the man said, "You know that I can hide nothing from you. If you can answer me one question, I will break off the engagement and remain single for the rest of my life." "Ask your question," the ghost replied. The man scooped up a handful of beans from a large bag on the floor, "Tell me exactly how many beans there are in my hand."

At that moment the ghost disappeared and never returned."
--taken from 'zen flesh zen bones'

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineLux
    #2628877 - 05/02/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What Max Headroom said. I strongly advocate living the 'right' way before even touching mushrooms. What I mean by living the right way is living aware of every moment and not letting your ego interfere. When you do this it will carry over when you consume mushrooms and real learning will begin.

Thank the mushrooms, they've showed just about the most important thing you could learn. Lose the ego.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2628926 - 05/02/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have 2 things to say. One, as you pointed out, it's the SHROOMS that made you feel this way, not a demon. You may think a demon attacked you because this is an easy way to explain your feeling and mental state. You said it yourself that your family is religious and you broke away from that from a while.... sounds like guilt to me. And 2nd, I don't believe in demons, but I've talked to people that do believe in them, and they said that a demon can only possess you if you let it possess you . This means you have to willingly invite the evil entity into yourself. So unless you are doing that, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I understand what you are going through though, I've taken shrooms that made me trip where I thought I was going to be insane forever. But it passes, you are still shaken up but don't worry, stay off any drugs for a few weeks and you'll be back to your old self again.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: evil entity has taken over [Re: chodamunky]
    #2628982 - 05/02/04 09:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

naruto? hehe

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Anonymous

#2629003 - 05/02/04 09:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the insane look didnt come outta nowhere either, someone called me a name which really hurt my feelings and offended me(only because i was on shrooms), and thats when all hell broke loose. i became really depressed, thought iwas crying, but i wasnt. and it was like everything anybody said to me was an emotional stab at me. then i looked in the mirror and was like WHOA.it was only after that horrifying experience that i have become 'delusional' thinkin that i may have been/am possessed after ingesting them. its a really scary feeling, cause i still get different versions of that face and get violent impulses(which i dont believe i had when i was trippin), and get depressed because of it. its like im takin on a whole different person. 

this is very important.

i want to first say that there is no such thing as demons, and only YOU can inhabit YOUR body because YOU are the only one connected to it, dont ever worry, this is never going to happen, all that bullshit you see on tv is fake, just to scare people and get em to join church and believe in that dogma...oh and make money of course(surprise surprise).

now, the reason that you felt offended when someone called you a bad name was because your ego was offended.  All this pain and fear you are feeling is stemming from your ego.  The ego is why you felt hurt, it is why you feel depressed, and it is why you are scared.  Ego creates fear and wants to make you hurt and bring your ass down in the dumps, it is no demon, it is your very own ego.

the ego is the whole reason anyone has a bad trip, we like to listen to the ego and hang onto it instead of hear our hearts and be consumed in all of its love.  The heart is who you really are and it knows no fear, no pain, ONLY positivity/love/euphoria whatever you want to call it, dwells.  You want to know who you really are?  You are a very special and very powerful being within that body, you are the light of god, which is pure love and nothing else, that is what YOU are.  So that is what you want to feel, is love, you want to feel accepted and safe.  When you start to worry about being possessed, or worry about if you are no longer the same person u were before it is all the ego man.  Dont listen to it man, you are just fine :heart:

Imagine it is a bright sunny day outside.  You are in your house.  You want to see the sun shining in through your window, but there are blinds over the window blocking the sunlight from coming in.  How do u solve that problem?  You open the blinds and let the sunlight shine through.  Same thing with the ego, you have to lift it away so you can feel the love/light that you are.  *whine* but how man?  Stop feeding your ego with thoughts like "am i possessed?", "am i ever going to be the same person ever again?", "does everyone think i am fucked up in the head now?"......i will tell you right now that anything negative that you are feeling or thinking is complete illusion, and not true.  All there is, is love man, and with the way that you are feeling all you are doing is reaching out for it.  you dont have to reach at all, because it is right there waiting for you to grab it/feel it.  Lift the blinds/the ego by choosing to stop feeling all the negativity that is not true at all of you, and feel the positivity that you are, that lies within that body, feel the TRUE YOU the REAL YOU.  realize that you are not fucked up, you are totally fine, just being silly.

Im sorry i am writing and rambling on so much, but i want to say one more thing.  You will probably not be the same exact person after this, because when you come to realize that you are nothing but positivity and everything is always all good, you will be a way better person seeing things a positive way all the time.  Nothing but a good change.  But as long as you are gripping onto that ego, and thinking you are shit on the ground you are going to be just what you think u are, shit, and you will look like shit too, i know because ive been there.  but once you start shining man(which can start NOW.), you will feel great, and people will be drawn to you and feel good around you because all you radiate will be positivity/LOVE.  but of course th ego is a bastard and will always try and creep back, but always fight it off with a alternative positive viewpoint, dig it out from that love within, because like i said man anything negative is just your ego, all that you should feel is love(d), because that is what you are, pure love.  so feel it! :heart:

everybody loves you , whether they or you realize it now or not changes nothing. :cool:  your cool man  :thumbup: dont worry. be happy.

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: evil entity has taken over [Re: ]
    #2629306 - 05/02/04 10:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Good words Kottonmouth  :thumbup:  You Roxor!
i guess moving this to S&P was the right thing to do.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: evil entity has taken over [Re: Suffer]
    #2629355 - 05/02/04 10:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

ditto to all the poeple that said demon's can't posses you.

however, since i once saw something that may have been a demon while tripping i'll post this peice of advice:

if you happen to come across a demon while tripping, walk the fuck away and don't think about it.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology