Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAinva
Stranger
ketamine vs mushrooms
    #26270672 - 10/22/19 11:16 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

What are their similarities and differences in treating depression?

What can I expect from a set of K infusions at a clinic vs taking mushrooms at home?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKronikism
Mixing paint
I'm a teapot

Re: ketamine vs mushrooms [Re: Ainva]
    #26271222 - 10/23/19 09:20 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ainva said:
What are their similarities and differences in treating depression?

What can I expect from a set of K infusions at a clinic vs taking mushrooms at home?

Depends how high,what kind of high you want, for me both work pretty good, mushrooms more visual but I only sniff k so I've never done enough to khole injections probably get you blasted

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: ketamine vs mushrooms [Re: Kronikism] * 1
    #26271632 - 10/23/19 02:02 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

"What can I expect from K infusions?"

Go to a CVS, find yourself some robitussin (or other DXM-only cough meds) and drink the bottle. Pretty similar.

I'd expect the clinical infusions to be significantly weaker, though.

As for mushrooms and depression, I don't really think they're great. I've tried microdosing for depression, but it didn't really help much. It's like having a beer or two: the world is a little brighter and a little goofier, but ultimately it's not consistently helpful long term.

Both worked better than antidepressants.

What I find works best, and what I currently do, is lifestyle changes. I went veggie, I regulated my sleep schedule instead of my previous tendency to just sleep when tired regardless of time, and I do a small bodyweight workout in the morning and row 1-5K every night. Oh, and a multivitamin. While none of these things individually made me feel not shit, multivitamin was the one that made me feel the most not shit immediately.

I'd suggest doing the lifestyle thing slowly over time, not all at once. Makes it easier. Add the multivitamin in the morning, then add a cup of coffee at a certain time to make you wake up regularly, then start going to bed at a similar time, then add some physical activity, I started out going for 2-3 mile walk every night, then add the veggie.

There's definitely something to be said for routine. The only times I hate my routine is when I'm out drinking till 5am on a Friday, and then pop awake like clockwork at 7am on Saturday. Though waking up drunk makes me feel like a college kid again.

InvisibleAinva
Stranger
Re: ketamine vs mushrooms [Re: Kryptos]
    #26272622 - 10/23/19 09:47 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

None of what you said answered my questions.  But good for you for making lifestyle changes.  Routines and exercise help me immensely as well. 

I'm looking for a breakthrough.  Something to help bypass the conscious barrier to get to the core belief system.

InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: ketamine vs mushrooms [Re: Ainva]
    #26272940 - 10/24/19 01:10 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
What I find works best, and what I currently do, is lifestyle changes. I went veggie, I regulated my sleep schedule instead of my previous tendency to just sleep when tired regardless of time, and I do a small bodyweight workout in the morning and row 1-5K every night. Oh, and a multivitamin. While none of these things individually made me feel not shit, multivitamin was the one that made me feel the most not shit immediately.

I'd suggest doing the lifestyle thing slowly over time, not all at once. Makes it easier. Add the multivitamin in the morning, then add a cup of coffee at a certain time to make you wake up regularly, then start going to bed at a similar time, then add some physical activity, I started out going for 2-3 mile walk every night, then add the veggie.

There's definitely something to be said for routine. The only times I hate my routine is when I'm out drinking till 5am on a Friday, and then pop awake like clockwork at 7am on Saturday. Though waking up drunk makes me feel like a college kid again.

Well said mate!!

Quote:

Ainva said:
I'm looking for a breakthrough.  Something to help bypass the conscious barrier to get to the core belief system.

LOL, if only you had any idea of how many people I've seen pass through this place with that exact desire. To believe that some substance will 'magically' cure them. Fix them. Alleviate the hard work that comes from figuring out this being a tightly wound knot of being a fucked up human being.

There aint no easy answer. There aint no magic pill. Sure, shit can help you on your way, but if you won't put in the kind of hard, constant, daily work - like the guy above described - then you neither deserve, nor will you get shit (done).

Sorry mate, I know it sounds harsh, but it's reality, whether you like it or not.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleAinva
Stranger
Re: ketamine vs mushrooms [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #26273401 - 10/24/19 09:17 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

The only thing that you seem to be an expert on is to make assumptions about people you don’t know. Your unsolicited advice on hard work is not taken, nor was any offense.

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: ketamine vs mushrooms [Re: Ainva] * 1
    #26273438 - 10/24/19 09:57 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I think its hard to have a scarring experience on K.

Shrooms are another level of high, this other level can be too extreme or lead to extreme healing. More risk, more reward.

If weed causes regular anxiety you probably want no part of some shrooms.

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

OfflineKronikism
Mixing paint
I'm a teapot

Re: ketamine vs mushrooms [Re: The Mycologist] * 2
    #26274112 - 10/24/19 03:42 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Mycologist said:
I think its hard to have a scarring experience on K.

Shrooms are another level of high, this other level can be too extreme or lead to extreme healing. More risk, more reward.

If weed causes regular anxiety you probably want no part of some shrooms.

Yeah k is way more gentle and less chaotic then mushrooms but at the same time k numbs you to the point where your stream of consciousness is somewhat limited, in my experience  anyway

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being