Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKrogerBrandOfficia
Stranger
Contaminated Jar?
    #26267914 - 10/21/19 05:18 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

hi folks. noticed some strange coloration on one of my four jars of pcubensis grain spawn. ive also noticed that my other jars aren't colonizing as densely as this one is around the area of contamination (the other jars resemble the top half of grain spawn in this picture, but without discoloration). would love to get some opinions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRot
Worlds best trichoderma farmer
Male

Re: Contaminated Jar? [Re: KrogerBrandOfficia]
    #26267964 - 10/21/19 05:37 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KrogerBrandOfficia said:
around the area of contamination

I think you know the answer to your question. :wink:

This is also the reason we don't do MS syringe straight to grains. Syringes are dirty. I would either swap to brf cakes (PF Tek) or learn agar for grains.

--------------------

Stranger
Re: Contaminated Jar? [Re: Rot]
    #26267984 - 10/21/19 05:42 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the reply man. this is my first time experimenting w a monotub grow and i hadn't read anything about not shooting spores straight into grain, very useful information to have for my next grow.

OfflineRot
Worlds best trichoderma farmer
Male

Re: Contaminated Jar? [Re: KrogerBrandOfficia]
    #26268033 - 10/21/19 06:01 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KrogerBrandOfficia said:
thanks for the reply man. this is my first time experimenting w a monotub grow and i hadn't read anything about not shooting spores straight into grain, very useful information to have for my next grow.

Don't get me wrong, you can have success with MS spores to grains. However, often it ends up with what you have here.

What you're seeing here is metabolites fighting off some kind of contam. Likely just a random bacteria. Some metabolites are ok. The amount you have is not good.

It could also be that your grains weren't PC'd well enough. But most likely it is the syringes.

--------------------

Stranger
Re: Contaminated Jar? [Re: Rot]
    #26268210 - 10/21/19 07:24 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

makes sense. it's definitely been a good learning experience at the least.

i decided to use my other 3 jars as a bit of a test run. each one has a single speck that looks similar to the contam in the posted jar. i'm spawning them as we speak, and while i don't have any expectations for the grow, is there a chance that spawning them right now will delay the process? i'd ideally want a single mushroom so that i could clone it, if i can manage to make this batch fruit would it be a waste to do this?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder