Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: sleepforrest]
    #26265347 - 10/20/19 12:25 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Telephone works really well at 2%

Cover the dish yes. Should get 20 100x15 dishes from 400mL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26265764 - 10/20/19 04:10 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

So my first attempt has a few hundred fruit. The biggest is 15mm diameter and had torn it's veil. Many others 7-15mm are also tearing. They are also only 20-35mm tall.

Is this a result of too much FAE? Or genetics.

Have I found another misfit midget?

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Bobbit]
    #26265846 - 10/20/19 05:01 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Post pictures

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26266447 - 10/21/19 01:04 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

So in 12 hrs most have now torn.

The biggest is Ø20mm the average being maybe Ø13mm, some only 8mm

The canopy is 35-40mm above the substrate. . .

Will clone and see what grows. . .

This is first fruit, so very happy. . .

Will also cut the corner that has mould, and transfer the 'good' bit to a new tub. . .

Most might say don't bother, I'm going to see what happens. . .

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Bobbit]
    #26266594 - 10/21/19 04:54 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Probably a bit too much water. Sometimes causes short fruits. Usually really dark caps too. Yours a light tho. Could be genetics as well

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi! Flag
    #26267000 - 10/21/19 09:40 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

bodhisatta, I'm seeking your consent- we'd like to add this thread, with attribution, to our ForTheWin! signature. Is this ok with you?

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: TeaforTwo] * 1
    #26267208 - 10/21/19 11:15 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

It's your sig. No permission needed. It's meant to be disseminated to help people

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

#26267416 - 10/21/19 12:38 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Cheers,,

The coir was a little too wet. The pins were super dark brown.

Next round coir not so wet. . .

--------------------

Offlinesleepforrest
Stranger
    #26267738 - 10/21/19 03:34 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Ok got it cover the dish. For clarity are you saying 2% of (8 grams of Telephone) PLUS ANOTHER 2% (8 grams of BRF) totaling 16 grams of dry ingredients for 400mL of water?

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: sleepforrest]
    #26267766 - 10/21/19 03:53 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sleepforrest said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Ok got it cover the dish. For clarity are you saying 2% of (8 grams of Telephone) PLUS ANOTHER 2% (8 grams of BRF) totaling 16 grams of dry ingredients for 400mL of water?

That’s 2% agar.

--------------------

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi! Flag
    #26268065 - 10/21/19 06:20 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bobbit said:
Quote:

sleepforrest said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

That’s 2% agar.

and its also 2% nutes (the brf) :shrug:

fwiw (no grows yet) we used 10g agar AND 7g brf for 420ml water, it was too thick (my brain did not math out the water/agar ratio, should have been 8g agar and from 6-8g/1.5 - 2% brf/nute. worked well though... poured test plates in our kitchen and left them out, uninoculated and unwrapped (half went in an unzipped ziploc baggie, left on kitchen table). around two weeks a couple plates showed issues- now past 3 weeks and, well... i got good training on what contams might look like (microbiologist partner had some good laughs :tongue2:

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: TeaforTwo] * 1
    #26268383 - 10/21/19 08:15 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Many of the agar teks in here recommend 2% agar (2% agar agar & 2% nute).

There are plenty of personal preferences, e.g. I use 1.5% for both agar & nute.

Using brf however makes thicker agar due to the gelling properties (additional proteins) it has.
A straight sugar like LME adds very little 'thickness' at that concentration.

--------------------

InvisibleWhyterye
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #26268742 - 10/21/19 11:44 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Not sure if anyone asked this but do you not put the lid on your sab in the videos ? Do you just wipe down the table and use that as a flat surface ? Seems like a good idea because my plates don’t sit flat on the lid

OfflineL34DP41NT23
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Whyterye]
    #26276543 - 10/25/19 03:23 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

HEY guys and gals and other fungal fanatics! Sort of a noob here. I have some questions of course. We've downloaded T.M.C. So ill be reading soon.. Now here's where I could use some input for my friend who has is new to the world of mushroom cultivation. The amount of information here and the sense of community and a positive presence flowing through the vibes and threads . this is just awesomeness.
So here's what they want to know. Currently have some beautiful 1st gen grain spawn. Was nocd with what I believe was a G.T's M.S syringe. As well as a few qts of grain nocd with AA+s the syringes got mixed up .smh... Yeah he was stoned Af. Anywho. Some jars are popcorn and some jars are whole oats. Or course the dry is better bit is all too true. Now, he has some bags with .2 micron filter attached 3 mil. 8"×5"×20". How do you recommend this be done. Hoping to sterilize in bulk for g2g. I hear a lot of bad stuff about the bags but I don't see why it would be a problem if they are properly sterilized and kept clean. Input anyone? Pointers. He has oats. Bags.p.c super healthy 1st gen spawn on corn and oats. Already made a few g2g fro a pint or half.

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: L34DP41NT23]
    #26277878 - 10/26/19 09:51 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

L34DP41NT23 said:
HEY guys and gals and other fungal fanatics! Sort of a noob here. I have some questions of course. We've downloaded T.M.C. So ill be reading soon.. Now here's where I could use some input for my friend who has is new to the world of mushroom cultivation. The amount of information here and the sense of community and a positive presence flowing through the vibes and threads . this is just awesomeness.
So here's what they want to know. Currently have some beautiful 1st gen grain spawn. Was nocd with what I believe was a G.T's M.S syringe. As well as a few qts of grain nocd with AA+s the syringes got mixed up .smh... Yeah he was stoned Af. Anywho. Some jars are popcorn and some jars are whole oats. Or course the dry is better bit is all too true. Now, he has some bags with .2 micron filter attached 3 mil. 8"×5"×20". How do you recommend this be done. Hoping to sterilize in bulk for g2g. I hear a lot of bad stuff about the bags but I don't see why it would be a problem if they are properly sterilized and kept clean. Input anyone? Pointers. He has oats. Bags.p.c super healthy 1st gen spawn on corn and oats. Already made a few g2g fro a pint or half.

This is bods thread so excuse my forwardness, but this wording may be a little nicer:
if your friend needs advice he can come get himself like a grown up.

Those jars are completely bacterial, and i wouldnt spawn them. I would spawn anything just to try it so that means something from me.
I also wouldnt expand them.
I also would tell your friend that he hasnt invested his money correctly, as agar was the first supply he should have bought.
You will have MINIMAL success (think 25/100) using spore syringes straight to grain.

Goood luck :shrug:
If youre "friend" seriously can not afford to just toss those jars and start over, then he needs to make up some CVG and top fruit.

--------------------
If the thunder don't get ya, the lightning will.
In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face.
Trade List
Forever giving away prints. PM at anytime for a free print.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26278383 - 10/26/19 01:44 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Also TMC is old junk.

Offlineinsutama
No pain no gain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #26284333 - 10/29/19 08:50 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hey bod,
just had a question i have some shoeboxes going un modded and my mushrooms from the first flush were quite small and only got 7 grams dried from 1 myco quart spawn and 1 quart substrate (CVG). I used the bucket tek for my substrate and i think my field capacity was a little on the wet side and thats why my fruits were so small. My question is will leaving the lid cracked a bit help with with my second flush having larger fruits ? also seeing how my first flush was very small in weight and the sides of my substrate are still tight against the tub no shrinkage should i not bother re hydrating ?
This is a picture of the last few fruits on my first flush on one tub

This is a picture of a other tub just starting its first flush but i can tell already there gonna be small fruits also

Offlinegeomantric
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26298274 - 11/04/19 12:03 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Is it more safer and easier to do PF Tek in jars instead of bulk tub if its your first time starting from a print?

InvisibleGrumio

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: geomantric]
    #26299876 - 11/05/19 04:00 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Morning all,

Can anybody let me know if they think my unmodified tub is looking alright or there is some kind of bacterial contam?

I noticed the odd yellow "myc piss" and yes I know it's not actually piss, heard this could potentially be a sign of bacteria as the myc piss is actually antibacterial.

I think it is a pin in the close up photo of the side but no sign of them on top just yet. I'm not in a rush for pins just wanting to know if this look like a contam or not?

Spawn ratio was 2:4 using rye grains and a sub mix of Coco Coir, Vermiculite, Hpoo, straw, gypsum.

No casing layer and no liner.

Was mixed together on Sunday 21st October. 

First post and first time uploading photos so hope they work!

Thanks,

OfflineCocoa0113
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26318345 - 11/13/19 06:32 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lot this helped me so much.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds