Home | Community | Message Board


Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Registered: 01/19/04
Posts: 582
Loc: oHIo
Last seen: 3 years, 25 days
ok to eat??
    #2626275 - 05/01/04 04:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

My friend took some grain jars and spawned them to straw. When the straw was colonizing he noitced a few tiny spots with green mold. He cased it and put it away from his "sterile" casings. He left then in his garage. THey have fruited and no spots of green mold is on the casing. Are they ok to eat?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinemrTtheH
Micro Bio

Registered: 04/02/04
Posts: 188
Loc: C A N A D A
Last seen: 9 years, 2 months
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: buckeye]
    #2626284 - 05/01/04 04:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

not worth it man.. chunk 'em


--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)


"Human beings, the potentially highest form of life expression on this planet have built the vast pharmaceutical industry for the central purpose of poisoning the lowest form of life on the planet--germs!"--Dr. Richard Murray


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineivi
 User Gallery

Registered: 01/30/03
Posts: 9,083
Last seen: 1 month, 8 days
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: buckeye]
    #2626389 - 05/01/04 04:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Could You possibly post some photos?


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineberto23
Stranger
Registered: 04/26/04
Posts: 250
Loc: NJ
Last seen: 4 years, 8 months
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: buckeye]
    #2626894 - 05/01/04 06:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well, if there are mushrooms grown they are probably pretty good i mean mold doesnt grow mushrooms.... so id say spray them with hydrogen peroxide and let them dry before eating


--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Registered: 01/22/03
Posts: 193,665
Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: buckeye]
    #2626924 - 05/01/04 07:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

there have been no pathogen tests that I;m aware of in regards to your question... I have eaten them from contaminated cakes, I didnt enjoy it.
the safe answer is to toss the casing...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/15/03
Posts: 9,399
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: berto23]
    #2627045 - 05/01/04 08:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

berto23 said:
well, if there are mushrooms grown they are probably pretty good i mean mold doesnt grow mushrooms.... so id say spray them with hydrogen peroxide and let them dry before eating



hahah that is horrible advice
just be safe and don't eat them
better luck next time


--------------------
:beakedwhale:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNoG
journeyman

Registered: 04/15/04
Posts: 98
Last seen: 12 years, 9 months
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: muse_sick]
    #2627086 - 05/01/04 08:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It is not okay to eat mouldy food even after the mold has been cut off, as surface mold is more than what you see. It actually has hyphae or roots which can penetrate deeper into the food.


you say some spots of mold were noticed. Id remove all the mushrooms that have grown and give the casing a check if the green mold has died off they will be ok to eat. If it turns out the mold progressed you could mush your mushies and try mixing it through some poo.


Later NoG


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Registered: 02/14/04
Posts: 2,662
Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Last seen: 2 months, 18 days
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: NoG]
    #2627276 - 05/02/04 08:56 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This will make a good arguement!lol

What is cheese?
What is jelly?

When cheese grows a mold it is perfectly fine to eat(not appealing of course but edible),remove all mold and wash under water and eat away!no sickness,no fever,no headaches etc,etc,etc...

Same thing with jelly-keep an open jar of jelly in the fridge and it gets a mold on the surface-scoop it out and eat away-no harm in it at all!

I am stating this from personal experience and coming from a "Farming Family" you learn alot of shit that isnt in the "books"!

I know,why would you eat moldy cheese?
Believe this to be true people-when cheese ages it gets better-stronger taste,better texture,down right better tasting,period!

Jelly-it doesnt really change the taste-but when you got a bad case of the munchies,"OH GOD this is Good"!lol

Mushrooms are different I know,but,in the wild,who knows what kind of mold or contam is growing under them,and you would eat away,right?
As long as you saw no mold,contam,you would be fine and if you got sick you would blame it on everything but that.
I personally wouldnt advise eating them,I just threw this in for the hell of it.And to get a good laugh.

I wouldnt eat them.
:thumbup: :cool:


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKttail
DragonDreamer
Male

Registered: 09/15/03
Posts: 114
Loc: S. Oregon Coast , USA
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2627303 - 05/02/04 09:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What about starting an outside grow with contaminated spawn?
How would that work if they fruited after being cultivated outdoors?


--------------------
"Do not meddle,
In the affairs of Dragons.
For thou art crunchy,
and tasty with catsup."


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

Registered: 02/21/04
Posts: 267
Last seen: 6 years, 10 months
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: Kttail]
    #2627331 - 05/02/04 09:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

As a few here have said...don't mess around. People who mess around with fate and lose are the ones who make things illegal for the rest of us. If we all treated these things, gifts from God, after all he created everything else before he created man so..if we all treated these things with respect and humility, we minimalize risk and damage to our health. Be responsible and don't become a statistic. Don't be in such a hurry, good things come to those who are willing to wait . And that applies to most things in life.


--------------------
Wir sind nicht so gut, versuchen Sie besser zu allen Zeiten und um Vergebung bitten.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: ok to eat?? [Re: buckeye]
    #2627501 - 05/02/04 11:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Eat them


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDaturaEnigma
Astronaut

Registered: 02/04/04
Posts: 313
Loc: Nibiru
Last seen: 1 year, 5 months
Re: ok to eat?? [Re: buckeye]
    #2627817 - 05/02/04 02:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you could eat them if you feel safe doing so, if they were bad the mold would have taken over and since you have shrooms they should be good.


--------------------
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"-Edgar Allan Poe


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: ok to eat?? [Re: buckeye]
    #2627842 - 05/02/04 02:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* eating molded fruit polishfarmer 396 2 01/31/08 11:00 PM
by polishfarmer
* Is this shroom ok to eat? (Pic)
( 1 2 all )
SomeScienceStuff 1,452 21 05/20/08 10:15 PM
by FurrowedBrow
* Can I Eat Them If The Mycellium Is Mouldy? Sarah1984 575 2 06/22/06 02:55 AM
by soulsizzle
* slime mold or life stage of P. cubensis? skeetbot 1,854 4 07/30/05 12:54 PM
by iateshaggy
* safe to eat these? anthony034 873 11 10/01/07 06:47 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Cobweb mold!!!!!! Thworp 711 3 06/28/01 09:00 PM
by dmb420
* Using Mycelium to Trip
( 1 2 all )
HankHill 3,988 34 09/21/07 01:54 PM
by veilbreaker
* White Mold BUDDHA_702 1,299 8 11/04/07 04:37 PM
by Chi Ro

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Roadkill, Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, cronicr, PussyFart, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
812 topic views. 30 members, 108 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 19 queries.