Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole.
    #26248225 - 10/12/19 06:55 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Left this morning after work to go and do a 10 mile day hike. Just got home not too long ago.. took nothing short of 7 hours to complete.

Anyway.. it was gorgeous. I usually never have problems with dosing and being in nature. Especially when on my hikes. But wow this time.. oof.

So the comeup was amazing. I was enjoying the beautiful fall colors. Kept on moving and finally found a sweet spot to hang the hammock. Now this is when things started to get extremely weird and I just want to know if any of you have experienced this to an extreme.

I wasn't having my 'standard' visuals. Actually at this point everything seemed kind of normal. I remember when I TRYING to set up my hammock I kept getting caught in these never ending thought loops.

Just would catch myself blindly staring somewhere and then I would notice it and get lost in a thought again. It took me almost like 20 minutes to get my hammock up....

Finally when I did.. I really didn't like that spot. The wind was kind of getting shitty and making it extra cool. So I was packing my shit back up and then again go stuck in these never ending thought loops while trying to pack my things.

I felt like I just needed to get out of that area at this time because I felt like I was losing my shit and just had to keep moving.

Man this is when ready weird shit started to happen.. as I was walking it felt like I was reliving the same exact step over and over. It felt like nothing was changing. It seriously felt as if I was walking on a treadmill and going nowhere.

It was such weird fucked up feeling that I can't even explain it.. but that's about as good as I can. I kept looking behind me like I was rewalking the same shit I just did. It literally was a repetitive moment over and over (in my head at least).

The effects finally started to subside and I was getting back into my rhythm and all was well after that. But holy fuck, I can't believe how well I held myself. I kept saying "its the drugs its the drugs, keep moving, itll pass".. until it finally did.

I've never had a "bad" experience with mushrooms. But this was terrible. I was questioning my sanity in the middle of the woods during this episode. I've never been to consumed by these thought loops and the feeling of living the same step.. over and over and over. I DID NOT like that shit.

It probably had to do with me being in the woods as well and everything kind of looking the same. There was no big change in scenery that gave me something to "break out of".

But wow. I have about two dozen trips under my belt.. and have never had this happen to this extreme. Was definitely a TROUBLED trip.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Still can't wrap my head around it. But honestly I'm glad it's over with.

--------------------
:greyalien:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineP0K3R
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26248348 - 10/12/19 07:54 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

This is exactly my experience almost every time I take them. 1/8th seems to be the thought loop for me on the times that I've taken them. But I would never be able to tell you what variety they were. Generic gold caps is my assumption. I totally concur with the terrified feeling but it's always been a positive in the long run.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26248449 - 10/12/19 08:54 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I remember once when I took a bunch of 2ci and 4-aco-DMT together I had multiple loops, not thought loops though more like extreme short term memory loss or something. For example, I was sitting on the couch about to get up to take my jacket off and go outside, but everytime I stood up I did a 360 like I was lost and trying to figure out what I was doing, then sat back down. Did this about a dozen times, so weird.

Also I hear pans are more lucid than cubes, I can't say for sure myself it's been so long since I tried them.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #26248521 - 10/12/19 09:54 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

The thought loop thing preventing doing something else - sure.  It can really fuck with you which is why I like tripping in familiar places then going somewhere later on.  But I've done large doses at the beach with nothing much planned and had no problem.  :shrug:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26248831 - 10/13/19 01:26 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, awesome trip report OP! I've never had the looping occur yet, but I'm still rather low on my notches for trips (less than 10). Wild!

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OfflineColourSoul
Stranger

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26248985 - 10/13/19 04:20 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds intense, I had a thought loop while skateboarding on shrooms where I was seeing my self skating the same section of footpath over and over. About 5 seconds later I was much further along the footpath, no idea how I managed to stay on

OfflineNathan Bones
Stranger
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: ColourSoul]
    #26249162 - 10/13/19 07:20 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds strange. Fair play for keeping it together out in the woods on your own.

I have had a terrifying loop of another kind when on Amanitas. They are trippy in a different way but this visual nightmare like loop terrified me. It’s strange though, as terrifying as they are at the time and short term, in the long term I always like to reflect on it. Mainly because it’s insane just what the mind can do!

Cool report by the way!

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Nathan Bones]
    #26249285 - 10/13/19 08:40 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I've read of people having issues with time distortions and whatnot. There were prior trips where minutes would feel like hours but it never 'tripped' me out because I really didn't care.

But when you're walking around in the woods and literally feel as if the same thing is happening over and over and over.. anxiety kicks in and starts to make things terribly worse.

I really had to try and compose myself. I knew it was the mushrooms but then you try in that mindset of "did I just break my brain". That was really messing with me too. "All these mushrooms trips finally caught up with you".. as  I was walking the same step over and over.

I was freaking myself out to a whole different extreme. Those mushrooms were eating me alive. This lasted for like a half hour and then then things settled down and I enjoyed myself.

I even tried to distract myself from this feeling by putting my headphones in and walking. But the music was SO DISTORTED. It was like I was connecting to aliens. Music was just too much. I never thought I was tripping that hard because my visuals weren't extreme at all.

I usually get awesome visuals and can say to myself "wow I'm tripping dick".. but there was like NO visuals. It was one of those trips that I've never experienced and I think that was the hardest I've ever tripped.

I didn't know what to do besides telling myself to not stop walking. I ripped my headphones out because the music was just flipping everything upside down. I couldn't handle anything. And I didn't want to just sit down and lay there because I didn't want someone seeing me and being like "oh man are you okay".. because that would have made things worse.

And I definitely wasn't in any shape to put my hammock back up. It was just a terrible 30/45 min that felt like a psychotic break.

But on the other side of the spectrum I am glad I experienced something so profound because it tested me and I didn't lose my shit. I stood my ground.

--------------------

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

#26251561 - 10/14/19 10:58 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Just giving this a little bump because I am curious of any others that have experienced something similar. This had such a profound experience on me that I'm going to steer clear of mushrooms for a bit.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them more than once. This trip was very very troubled and I did handle it well.. just wondering if there's someone else that has a better "get your shit" together method lol.

:cheers:

--------------------

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #26251576 - 10/14/19 11:06 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I can clearly see how an ever repeating forest path leads to such thought loops.

Never had this happen to myself though. I often trip outside in the forest or nature resorts.

How much did you take? You haven't mentioned this, have you? :sun:

-

OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Pandemoon]
    #26251634 - 10/14/19 11:31 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Im assuming its your regular ~3g run. Sometimes in mid trip on this dose it literally takes me 20-30 minutes to send a 2 sentence text. Its extremely hard to pay attention. I think what happens is I will write the text and go to proof read but then forget exactly what was meant initially. Then its changed, proofread, and then still unsure of what I mean lol. On and on. Think the same thing happens when outside, you know where you are and walk a short distance, train of thought changes, and all the sudden you are recycled back into the same spot from where you started. Thats a real bitch.

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Cosmic Eye]
    #26251802 - 10/14/19 01:03 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah man I know exactly what you're saying. But while I was walking I wasn't in a thought loop. I was completely aware of what I was doing. And I literally felt like I was in a treadmill stuck in time almost.

Just like when you're in a dream and try to run.. and you just can't regardless how hard you try.

It was so fucked up honestly. Like I said earlier I think it may have been because I was in the woods and on a trail surrounded by similar things. It really fucked with me heavily. Literally thought I was clinically insane lol.

And it didn't help that I was alone in the  middle of the woods questioning my sanity:awegrow:

This is not my first rodeo either. I backpack all the time. I had my pack and had everything I needed if need be. I always tend to dose in nature but I usually spend my peak in my hammock and watch things unfold.

I just think these were some really strong mushrooms and I underestimated the peak. And it hit me like that while I was walking. You know it's bad when you can't even listen to music because its making you feel more insane. Lol.

And this was a 4g dose. Very familiar with this dosage as well. Have not taken anything past 4.5g.. yet.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #26252091 - 10/14/19 03:05 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, time loops - it's not like you think you're doing the same thing repeatedly, you actually are experiencing the same thing repeatedly until it stops.  Similar nature to when time gets all out of sequence and that's your experience - all stitched together but in the wrong order in places. 

It can mess you up seriously if you have some sort of exterior goal you're also trying to accomplish - best to be in a place where you can just enjoy the crazy ride without concerns...

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26252405 - 10/14/19 06:00 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah for sure man. Definitely going to at least chill out on taking them in the woods for awhile. You're completely right.

I would've gotten lost if I would've sat down and just rode that wave. But I didn't want someone coming up to me incase a bypasser seen me lying on a tree lol.

Those were some good fucking mushrooms nonetheless lol. Never had no shit like that happen before. I even said to myself that this trip is fucking awesome even while I was scared as hell because I knew it was the mushrooms lmao.

Appreciate you dude.

--------------------

InvisibleAcidStrippedMind
The Sunshine Fix
Male User Gallery

Loc: Appalachia
    #26253358 - 10/15/19 08:53 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I've experienced something similar. What was more strange is my ex at the time, experienced it too. We were tripping on shrooms in the woods in Maine. We were in a clearing for awhile, and when we went to walk the path out, we weren't going anywhere. Same thing like you said, we would walk, look back and we were still in the same spot. So we started walking faster, same thing. Was quite panic inducing for some reason. Eventually we got through it.

That trip had other strange phenomena that I had never experienced till then, or since. Such as when we left the cabin, the door and handle was extremely small, I remember opening the doorknob with my thumb and index finger. On the way to the woods I towered over the trees like a giant. In a different part of the woods, on flat ground, it became an incredibly steep incline, we could not stand anymore, we had to drag ourselves up with tree branches until we got over this steep incline... that wasn't there.

--------------------

I am the storm. I am the wonder.

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: AcidStrippedMind]
    #26254819 - 10/15/19 08:08 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AcidStrippedMind said:
I've experienced something similar. What was more strange is my ex at the time, experienced it too. We were tripping on shrooms in the woods in Maine. We were in a clearing for awhile, and when we went to walk the path out, we weren't going anywhere. Same thing like you said, we would walk, look back and we were still in the same spot. So we started walking faster, same thing. Was quite panic inducing for some reason. Eventually we got through it.

That trip had other strange phenomena that I had never experienced till then, or since. Such as when we left the cabin, the door and handle was extremely small, I remember opening the doorknob with my thumb and index finger. On the way to the woods I towered over the trees like a giant. In a different part of the woods, on flat ground, it became an incredibly steep incline, we could not stand anymore, we had to drag ourselves up with tree branches until we got over this steep incline... that wasn't there.

And you both experienced both of these at the same time?? That's.. idek. Phenomena nonetheless. But I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from when it comes to the same step.. over and over repeatedly. Its extremely scary.. even when you know that you're tripping because it makes you question your sanity and if you really did it with this one.

It was so profound that I don't think I will do mushrooms in the woods by myself anymore. Unless I'm planning the whole trip to be in my hammock the whole time.

Personally, I've done this plenty of times and have never had an issue like the one I had. Maybe it was being alone & the woods. Because I started to feel like i was alone in the world too. It felt like i was left behind.

It freaked me out so much. I didn't see anyone for hours on that trail either. So I think that's where the "alone" part came from. I also wanted to start calling people to help ground myself.. but I didn't want to be that guy. The things that REALLY helped me.. was looking at my watch. Even though minutes felt like LONG intervals.. I seen the clock moving forward. This really did help ground me in a sense for what it was worth.

I'm proud that I made it through as well as I did. That was a hell of a test.. and I'm going to lay off the mushrooms for a bit and let that set in.. cause that fucked me up.. lol

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast] * 1
    #26255210 - 10/16/19 01:00 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

🤣 this reminds me very well of the worst trip I ever had, 3.5g lemon tekked up a mountain, very long story short a buddy I was tripping with went into a negative spiral and basically wanted to fight and kill me. I hiked down the mountain keeping my distance until he got so far behind I decided to wait for him.. I heard a DEADLY grizzly bear roar echo through the mountains, I realized it was him in that moment, and I started to fucking book it.

Now imagine your feeling but actually with a murderer following you, and letting out vicious roars.

I felt like a 2 foot tall gnome, running on a treadmill, with impending doom getting closer and closer as my foot steps were so small it felt like I was moving a milimeter at a time.

I convinced myself I was already dead(from earlier in the trip I died and went to heaven for eternity) and now I was reliving the nightmare of how my friend killed me, just inevitably waiting to be killed running and getting no where.

This was a long time ago, maybe 4-5 years now. I just found out the guy almost stabbed his dad with a knife and is in jail now with a felony.

I knew shit wasn't right back then!

Needless to say, I got the FULL dose of heaven and hell that day

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Edited by Eclipse3130 (10/16/19 01:12 AM)

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #26255779 - 10/16/19 10:22 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Awe man.. I'm pretty good at holding my composure.. but if that were my scenario I would've probably lost my shit or really ended up hurting someone if I thought I was in extreme danger as such.

That's one thing I've learned about mushrooms.. it sure doesn't take much for logic to get thrown right out the window.

That's really funny that you say the feeling of being small. Because now it's coming back to me.. while I was in this episode, I felt LIKE A DWARF. It felt like I had midget legs while I was "walking".

Was such a weird experience for that whole 20 minutes or however long it was. I just told myself to "keep moving my legs" even though it felt like I was going nowhere. And I was looking down at my footsteps and it felt like I was moving on a treadmill going nowhere.. I felt literally like a midget as well. I wonder if these correlate...

Very very uncomfortable. As I stated before I tried music to help and ground myself but.. music was too much to handle. I didn't know what to do so I tried eating a granola bar while walking and I was just chewing it and couldn't swallow it.. and it felt like I was suffocating myself so I spit it all out. It was so fucked for that half hour lol. I was so happy when I finally shook it. That was definitely the peak and I wasn't doing the right thing when it hit me like that.

I was just having extreme anxiety because of the thought loops that I felt like I just needed to walk.. I was fucked either way. Can't escape your mind lol.

--------------------

Edited by Vibe_Enthusiast (10/16/19 10:30 AM)

InvisibleAcidStrippedMind
The Sunshine Fix
Male User Gallery

Loc: Appalachia
    #26262536 - 10/19/19 08:09 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yep, we both experienced this stuff together, which was pretty strange. Funny you guys say you felt small, during my trip I felt very big, everything else was small. Until the time loops at least...

--------------------

I am the storm. I am the wonder.

OfflineGuyBuddyFriend
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26263736 - 10/19/19 04:45 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry I’m late to the party but yes I have been there before on multiple of my trips and there are definitely moments of “I’m stuck in this forever” because you either experience the same thing over and over and over again or are walking but seemingly going absolutely nowhere. What you described is spot on to a few of my experiences. One thing I’ve noticed is it is much better to go through this during the beginning of your trip than the end because you have a good chance of turning things around and having some euphoric times before comedown.

Sometimes listening to or changing the music you’re listening to can help you get out of those forever moments/loops, or eventually you realize that you are tripping and that everything you are worrying about is BS and things get much much much better. I have done a few regrettable things in those circumstances but at the end of the day I feel better having gone through what I have and feel confident I can weather the storm of psyches as long as I keep the dosage reasonable.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom