Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Next > | Last >
OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms
Male

Loc: Derby City Flag
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: fahtster]
    #27031072 - 11/10/20 05:09 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
Shameless cross post.. I think I may have cracked the crossing formula and it’s extremely easy..

Alright.. so I’m now 99.99999% sure (and you’re gonna have a hard time convincing me otherwise) these are indeed PE/AA+ crosses.. look at these things.. they all have 2 toned and bell shaped caps

They all have the PE stem bumps to some degree (the small ones) but the large fruits have it unmistakeably

They’re solid all the way through

And they look nothing like these (these are the ones I thought I may have mixed up swabs with because I didn’t think I could possibly get crosses at all my inoc points)

I think my method of getting them to cross is just really effective

1. Double swab two varieties on top of each other.  The presterilized swabs I have come 2 in each pouch so I just use both at the same time and return them to the same pouch

2.  Make a spore solution by rubbing the two swab tips together in sterile water.

I think the big problem with getting crosses is that spores clump and it’s hard to get the two varieties’ spores to germinate with each other but by swabbing on top of each and then rubbing the tips together, it intertwines and meshes the two varieties into the same clumps and they easily mate with each other and that’s why I think I got crosses at every inoc point.

Some comparison pics
AA+.                        PEA+

I took a bunch of swabs and plan on growing them out to see if I get variations of course but I’m pretty confident. :laugh:. I plan getting a red spore PE.. that’s my next project.. I’ve got PFRS and CRS on grain and PE so I’ll be double swabbing those as well.

Faht

Righteous work man!! Those look awesome. I love the bell shaped caps

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: B21] * 1
    #27032581 - 11/11/20 12:45 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Just now I came up with a way to very quickly get layer upon layer of 2 different varieties onto one swab (I use two because I like to rub them together when making spore solution—which further clumps them together)

made a diagram :smile:

Gonna test it out tomorrow with two caps from a mini mono that’ll be ready.. just to see if it’s a pain in the ass to do.. probably easiest if they’re the same sized caps.

Thinking that it’d be even cleaner if at first I take one pair of swabs and run them a couple times over both gills (where they meet) and then set those aside.. grab a new pair of swabs and do the back and forth (like 10 times) over the same gills.. the first set of swabs will act as a sort of cleaner and get any contaminates that are sitting on the surface.. I’m sure they’ll still be plenty of spores for the 2nd (the ones that count) set of spores to grab

Faht

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27033367 - 11/11/20 12:37 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

So I did the cap butting thing this morning and it was easy.. first had to slice a flat spot on the top of the caps so they lay flat.. obviously I’d do this with a separate knife.

I was worried the knife would flatten the gills when I pushed it straight down without doing any sawing action but it was sharp enough to go right through

I also found that I could “score” the bottom (normally the top) of the cap a little with a knife and “snap” off that brim instead of having to cut it all the way through... in case one didn’t want to risk the knife contaminating the gills.. it worked pretty well, but the gills “ripped” jaggedly instead of a nice flat edge that the knife cut would do... that’s what the left edge of the left side cap is in the above pic.

This is probably all a little unnecessary and you can just as easily just go back and forth between the two caps without the cutting and butting to get the spore layers (especially for smaller caps like these) but I thought it was a neat, novel idea.

Faht

OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms
Male

Loc: Derby City Flag
    #27033556 - 11/11/20 02:33 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Righteous!
You’re a baaaddd mann Faht

--------------------

Offlinebunsie
Stranger

Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: B21]
    #27033686 - 11/11/20 03:59 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

:threadmonitor:

Offlinetonz0Funguy
Male User Gallery

Loc: 420 yellow brick road
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: bunsie]
    #27034942 - 11/12/20 10:03 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I use a wand back massage wand to make a vortex inside a spore sticker to mix 2 spores together till the syringe becomes clear(homogenized), this is a poor mans magnetic stir plate lol If you hold the sticker to the top of the wand hold your finger where the plunger would be this will thoroughly mix together nicely after a round or 2. Watch tipping it upside down with the open end downwards as the force can cause spore solution to be pushed of the the sticker tip. best to do in front of hood if sticker tip is on. If open air i recommend just a plastic cap and mix it!! Its so cool to watch the spores dancing inside when you do this!! I've got crosses at every innoc point so far, I would assume both ways mixes them on a macroscopic level. I can post a video if anyone is interested in seeing how this is accomplished!! I don't use a ton of spores either i try to keep the amounts as even as possible.

--------------------
"The search bar is a oracle"

OfflineJohn_1098
Didge life
Male User Gallery

Loc: Living my dream
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: tonz0Funguy]
    #27035170 - 11/12/20 12:21 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

a "back massage wand" lol :cattoy:

--------------------
Don't listen to anything I say, I'm likely 10 grams deep at this very moment

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Loc: Year Zero
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: John_1098]
    #27050815 - 11/21/20 05:34 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Rusty whyte x melmac f1 plate fruits look super normal. Still going to run and see if f2 throws some cool fruits

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: D3_Myc] * 1
    #27051045 - 11/21/20 07:31 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck yeah!  I was literally just thinking how i wanna see/do some melmak crosses.  Keep us posted

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: TedsDead]
    #27051072 - 11/21/20 07:52 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Is crossing strains really as simple as Faht's instruction sheet?

Don't want to doubt the man but if its that simple wouldn't we have more crosses or is it a matter of stabilizing the genetic mixture?

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #27051085 - 11/21/20 08:06 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

The jury is still out but it’s looking promising.. I need others to give a try with me.  Waiting on the pea+ f2 to give me a better idea, they’re coming

One of the main reasons for me posting it is to get ppl interested in trying it out for themselves.. I think the magic (if there is any) happens when you rub the layered swabs together

And it’s cool.. you can doubt me.. I’d be skeptical too.  I’m just looking at what’s growing in front of me and I post all the evidence so if I see it, you see it.  If it does turn out to be a fluke or not what I thought it was, I’ll own it. :smile:

Faht

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
    #27051094 - 11/21/20 08:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yea man, the reason this community is so great is because of peer review

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #27057695 - 11/25/20 07:32 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Probably not the best SOP I do have some F1 of this RW x Melmak on grain but couldn’t resist scraping some plate spores and streaking a few plates to see what I might expediate. So far all the plate pins I’ve seen where very standard cube looking fruits but hopeful F2 gives something worth pursuing.

Offlinestarbones
I'm an alien, I eat uranium.
I'm a teapot

Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27058128 - 11/26/20 04:55 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Prepared 3 expanded LC last week.
Averys Albino, Penis Envy and McKennaii.

Will be mixing a small amount of each together in one jar today. The smallest amount possible to try to maximize chances of cross-fucking as they grow out, skipping the stir plate which usually speeds up my growth so one doesn't become dominant. Hopefully they just sit in the bottom of the jar together and fuck at some point.

--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.

Offlinetonz0Funguy
Male User Gallery

Loc: 420 yellow brick road
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: starbones]
    #27058234 - 11/26/20 08:02 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Pesaxape F1 I have tons of these crosses going!!

--------------------
"The search bar is a oracle"

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: tonz0Funguy]
    #27073767 - 12/05/20 03:40 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

See anything worth chasing? 3 way cross tub of rw x melmac x gremlin (a ghost revert- ghost is a small albino gt mutant)

Salted a few spots going south so tossing this tub after I select some fruit.

There’s a few white capped fruits that look sporeless. The green nipples on silver cap aren’t too unappealing looking either.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #27073925 - 12/05/20 05:43 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like the gt genes got a hold first.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: A.k.a]
    #27090792 - 12/15/20 04:03 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I swabbed spores from each color of that tub above and streaked some plates.

Double/tripple post buuut I’m excited for this ones potential

F1 rusty whyte x melmac hard to get a reference on pin size but that’s a purple handle mono. Def cloning that cluster and running this generation again. Also been doing a time lapse the last three days and will run till harvest

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #27091359 - 12/15/20 11:03 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

That one does look like it could have potential. Definitely seems Melmak heavy but then again rusty throws all kinds of goofy ass pins just like Melmak.

I’m curious to see if the caps open.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A strain crossing thread [Re: A.k.a]
    #27091576 - 12/16/20 05:08 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

The few plate pins I’ve gotten looked very normal, opened and dropped purple  spores. We shall see, figure these got a few days of growing left in em. Tub spawned 15 days ago now. I’m going to clone that cluster and run it again to see if I can get a full tub o dicks like that.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom