Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCheeseWook
Stranger
Strange Cyanesense Look alike
    #26251807 - 10/14/19 01:06 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

So I found these mushrooms while looking for psilocybe semilanceata in denmark. I lived in seattle for a bit and we had psilocybe cyanesense, these remind me of them but clearly not them.
Habitat: Bornholm,Denmark. About 10min walk from the sea. Growing in wet moss in a big tall grassed old pasture.

Gills:
Very yellow, turning blue further in.

Stem:
about 3 and a half inches tall. pretty much identical to a small cyanesense in size. hollow. Very yellow on base of stem turns bluish green closer to cap.

Cap:
Just a bit larger than a nickel. Carmel cap with bluing color,very smooth and slimmy to the touch. Flat and wavy like the cys.

Spore print color:
currently waiting on one.

Bruising:
So looks like bruising but not sure if that is just the way these grow or if it was previous bruising. They where bluish green like that before I picked them which is what caught my eye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: Strange Cyanesense Look alike [Re: CheeseWook]
    #26251810 - 10/14/19 01:10 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Some kind of Hygrocybe

OfflineMagic Badger
Discoverer of Curiosities
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Strange Cyanesense Look alike [Re: doctorghosty]
    #26251889 - 10/14/19 01:43 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

As far as I know the only waxy cap that shows green/blue tones is Hygrocybe psittascina - at least in the northern latitudes. New Zealand seems to have all sorts of wildly colored mushrooms, as do some places in the tropics.

--------------------
Disclaimer - I'm just a hobbyist and cannot absolutely guarantee any ID offered. I'm most familiar with the species found in the Pacific Northwest - those found in other parts of the world may vary considerably, so always do your own research to find out what grows in your area and what lookalikes you need to be aware of. Understand that many mushroom species cannot be 100% reliably identified by photographs alone, even by an expert, so it may not be possible to go beyond suggesting a probable genus.

Edited by Magic Badger (10/14/19 01:51 PM)

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Strange Cyanesense Look alike [Re: Magic Badger]
    #26251895 - 10/14/19 01:44 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, it's Gliophorus psittacinus for sure.

--------------------

OfflineCheeseWook
Stranger
Re: Strange Cyanesense Look alike [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26252079 - 10/14/19 03:00 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome! Thank you guys!

OfflineMagic Badger
Discoverer of Curiosities
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Strange Cyanesense Look alike [Re: CheeseWook]
    #26252805 - 10/14/19 10:10 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Huh..... I wouldn't have questioned that these were Hygrocybe even a bit this morning, but I just came across this
Leptonia incana

Any thoughts?

--------------------
Disclaimer - I'm just a hobbyist and cannot absolutely guarantee any ID offered. I'm most familiar with the species found in the Pacific Northwest - those found in other parts of the world may vary considerably, so always do your own research to find out what grows in your area and what lookalikes you need to be aware of. Understand that many mushroom species cannot be 100% reliably identified by photographs alone, even by an expert, so it may not be possible to go beyond suggesting a probable genus.

Edited by Magic Badger (10/14/19 10:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder