Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNityananda
Stranger
Strange experience with liberty caps
    #26248864 - 10/13/19 02:03 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

So my parents recently moved and they are away from the house for a few days so I took the opportunity to come and stay for a few days alone and so that I could have a place to have a shroom experience.

I ate 40 dried liberty caps to begin with .. I went for a walk and after about 45 mins I started feeling kind of tired and slow and my body felt kind of good , I went back to the house and definitely started to feel it but I felt that I wanted to take more.

It took me quite a while to actually sort out and take some more it was kind of hard to get anything done, I took another 25 and made a tea with them, at this point I was already tripping for example I went to the kitchen and made the tea but there was this feeling of fear or like not being in touch with reality and sort of confused, I made the tea but was scared while I was doing it I felt like am I actually doing this ? After .making the tea I thought did I really just do this did I actually turn on the stove and it was a bit scary.

After drinking the tea it got more intense and was very difficult. It was strange because I did not get anything that I expected.. I expected to see colors and things moving and to feel good but it wasnt like that.. there was slight movement and colors were bright but nothing like what I expected. I felt that I didnt take enough but at the same time it was too much.

The next maybe 2 hours was just very difficult I felt like I was half in my normal reality and half not. I actually felt that I was poisoned and I just wanted to go back to normal. During this time I understood that baseline normality is the best place to be. This was a very difficult experience at the time.

There was a feeling of fear and paranoia during this time and I felt like someone may come to the house or call me or whatever and I dreaded it.

I also just had this feeling of fear that I'm going to do somethin wrong or leave something on or something like that .. like I was scared because I felt out of touch and like I couldn't function

It was a very strange experience and nothing what i expect or expected. I really wanted to have a deep experience and to get insights into my life and my self and to feel connectedness and love, but I just felt mad and poisoned.

Then at some point I put on some psychedelic music mix on my phone and just sat on my knees and the music made me feel good and then I started to come back to normality slowly .. then I decided to eat some truffles but nothing really happened.

I was disappointed by the experience. It was very strange. Somehow not enough but also too much. It didnt really work but at the same time it did , I didnt trip how I expected but definitely tripped in some way although it was 90% negative and difficult, I haven't taken anything from the experience and I dont feel it has helped me in any way.

Does anyone have any thoughts ?

Would really like to hear what people think, I still have the desire to have a good experience but to be honest that feeling of being poisoned makes me doubt taking liberty caps again

Edited by Nityananda (10/13/19 03:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male

Re: Strange experience with liberty caps [Re: Nityananda]
    #26264680 - 10/20/19 05:37 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Couple of thoughts, first is that you mention a few times it wasn’t what you expected. Well, that’s great isn’t it? If it was exactly as expected, wouldn’t it be kinda boring?

I noticed many of your fears were “basic”, like, being poisoned, or accidently burning your house down, parents calling, or landlord knocking on the door. Most of these fears are easily overcome with a bit of prep work, and/or a sitter. Next time, prepare things a bit more ahead of time so you don’t have to do very much “normal” stuff. Pro tip: you don’t have to answer the phone while tripping.

I can imagine if these anxieties were not present, your trip would have been more of what you were looking for, however, dancing unicorns and rainbow trails might not have been as insightful as this trip. You did find out how irrational fears interfere with your intentions.

If you ever come back to read this, I do have a question: when you were fixing the second cup, and you were feeling like “why the heck am I making another cup, for all I know the last cup was poison, shoot, maybe I shouldn’t be working the stove while in this state.”

What made you finish brewing it and drink it? Was there a final reason? Or was it like autopilot, like you were just watching yourself do it, and not stopping yourself.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Strange experience with liberty caps [Re: Nityananda]
    #26354937 - 12/01/19 03:43 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

It seems to me firstly that you didn’t take enough. Rule #1: weigh your doses on decent scales. I mean, what the heck does 40 liberty caps equate to? Rule #2: never take extra mushrooms an hour after the first dose....WAIT. Rule #3: don’t trip on your own until you have a few trips under your belt. Already covered above, rule #4: get everything you need for the trip prepared before you take the dose. Rule #5: tone down your expectations.

Based on me thinking you didn’t get a large enough dose, are you 100% sure all those liberty caps were in fact....liberty caps? There are mushrooms that look very similar that are not psychoactive. The gills should be dark, not light. Do your research......

My experiences with liberty caps are that they are so much stronger than cubensis; 3.5g dried is a heroic dose. And the trip is significantly different to cubensis. Much more externally visual, less so internally.

Take care y’all,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag