Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26263804 - 10/19/19 07:16 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Thinking you can control these experiences will lead you down a path of these moments.
Where the false confidence is highlighted.

If you continue to hang your hat on your egos ability to control these moments then you will only ever get so deep, you will never leave.

Its a strange thing.
Both your and my self assuredness brings us to a point of being able to experience these things multiple times and it is this very quality that you may learn to see differently.

Beyond that...walking really pumps the blood.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: GuyBuddyFriend]
    #26266105 - 10/20/19 10:06 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I understand about the music. I'm not sure if you read some of my replies or not.. but I was in such a funk that music wasn't even doing it. Music was just making my world go upside down. I think I just wanted to lay down so badly and just chill the fuck out but the thought of someone seeing me lying there like that would have caused concern, which would have thrown me down into a deeper spiral.

I do completely agree though. I toughed it out nonetheless. I've never taken a "heroic" dose of anything 5g+.. so I'm sure things are a lot less manageable when you get into some of those states. But I did a pretty damn good job at calming myself as best as I could.

Weird thing too, was while I was walking I felt like a midget. This trip was just fucking wild. Like I said earlier. I'm done with hiking and taking mushrooms. I will hike to spots and spend the trip in the hammock or somewhere relaxing. Hikes were great until that shit hit me.

But then again, I was alone so I know that played a huge role as well. Usually have never had an issue with this. But or course, can't get cocky because these things are completely unpredictable, regardless of how many times you've taken them. I'm scared to take them each time that I do :lol:

--------------------
:greyalien:

Offlinesuperwhitedolemite
Coincidentia oppositorum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26298727 - 11/04/19 05:31 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Man, that sort of stressed me out just reading it. Hah.

I've had these bizarre states where I'm quite sure that if I'd been doing anything other than laying in bed under 10 layers of blankets, I might not have survived.

I never go beyond a "party dose" if I'm going to leave the sanctuary of my bedroom. I've resigned to the fact that this stuff will take you far, far away and you have no power over it.

Thanks for the report!

Invisiblerickyswamps
Bad Apple
I'm a teapot

Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: superwhitedolemite]
    #26301779 - 11/05/19 11:57 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I usually take no more than 1.5 grams when there is hiking involved.  Anything more causes too much anxiety and too heavy of a mental/body load.  Sometimes hiking sober is a thought loop and a time loop.  Unsure of how long it has been since the last time you checked.  Replaying past experiences or worrying about the future.  Its also just hard to walk 10 miles on mushrooms lol.

Point is, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.  Bad trips happen all the time.  Those are the ones that you learn the most from.  You said it, they are unpredictable no matter how many times you've taken them.

I recently took the strongest dose Ive ever taken (7g cubes) and pulled a muscle in my back 30 minutes in.  All it took was turning my head the wrong way.  The next 5 hours were spent in excruciating pain, unable to walk, laying on my couch, tripping ballzzzzzsss.  Miserable…..Next day, back was ok.  I took it as a sign.  The mushrooms don't do what you want.  Sometimes they whoop your ass.

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: rickyswamps]
    #26302003 - 11/06/19 03:45 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Oh, the thought loop. Feels like you’ve splintered into a million and one pieces and can’t make sense of what the pieces even are, or mean. Sometimes accompanied with sense of phasing into visuals if present, as if that image is the only thing there is or ever will be. Sometimes accompanied by a sense of being everyone in the world at once, yet somehow also aware that the whole thing is an illusion, a joke and the ruse is up, but nonetheless unable to point to anything that seems real, yet the reality of epistemic and ontological collapse is in your face, choiceless and unavoidable.

I’m sort of conflating different features but yeah, it’s a trip. Your report brings back memories. You can never imagine it or expect it the first time it happens.

Edited by CountHTML (11/06/19 03:58 AM)

InvisibleMice-Helium
Advocate
I'm a teapot

#26302065 - 11/06/19 06:02 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Vibe_Enthusiast said:
Man this is when ready weird shit started to happen.. as I was walking it felt like I was reliving the same exact step over and over. It felt like nothing was changing. It seriously felt as if I was walking on a treadmill and going nowhere.

It was such weird fucked up feeling that I can't even explain it.. but that's about as good as I can. I kept looking behind me like I was rewalking the same shit I just did. It literally was a repetitive moment over and over (in my head at least).

When i read this, I couldn't help but picture this music video:

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: 10 mile hike: Trip Report - got sucked into the Rabbit Hole. [Re: Mice-Helium]
    #26302167 - 11/06/19 07:59 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

rickyswamps said:
I usually take no more than 1.5 grams when there is hiking involved.  Anything more causes too much anxiety and too heavy of a mental/body load.  Sometimes hiking sober is a thought loop and a time loop.  Unsure of how long it has been since the last time you checked.  Replaying past experiences or worrying about the future.  Its also just hard to walk 10 miles on mushrooms lol.

Point is, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.  Bad trips happen all the time.  Those are the ones that you learn the most from.  You said it, they are unpredictable no matter how many times you've taken them.

I recently took the strongest dose Ive ever taken (7g cubes) and pulled a muscle in my back 30 minutes in.  All it took was turning my head the wrong way.  The next 5 hours were spent in excruciating pain, unable to walk, laying on my couch, tripping ballzzzzzsss.  Miserable…..Next day, back was ok.  I took it as a sign.  The mushrooms don't do what you want.  Sometimes they whoop your ass.

Yeah I'm kind of adapted to taking that much and doing my hikes and usually spend the peak lying in my hammock. After that trip though. I don't even think I will hike and take them. Maybe a gram or so like you said. But I like to FEEL them in my soul. Not a tease. I want them to show me their presence. But damn dude that sounds like a worse case taking mushrooms and pulling something before they even hit you... I always get scared of something dumb like that happening to me as well. These things are absolutely mind fucks and there will never be no way of understanding them. Just matching experiences with each others to see what we get out of it. 7g cubes too.. ooof. Hefty dose there my friend

Quote:

CountHTML said:
Oh, the thought loop. Feels like you’ve splintered into a million and one pieces and can’t make sense of what the pieces even are, or mean. Sometimes accompanied with sense of phasing into visuals if present, as if that image is the only thing there is or ever will be. Sometimes accompanied by a sense of being everyone in the world at once, yet somehow also aware that the whole thing is an illusion, a joke and the ruse is up, but nonetheless unable to point to anything that seems real, yet the reality of epistemic and ontological collapse is in your face, choiceless and unavoidable.

I’m sort of conflating different features but yeah, it’s a trip. Your report brings back memories. You can never imagine it or expect it the first time it happens.

I've had though loops before.. but NEVER like this. This was full blown episode. I felt like I was losing my mind. I couldn't even finish a task because I was blindly staring into nowhere and I would catch myself. I don't even know how long I was blindly staring at something before I came back to 'reality'.. and as soon as I would acknowledge that "fuck wtf am I doing".. I would get sucked right back into the thought loop. It was scaring me so much that I literally was like having trouble breathing and hurry and packed my things so I could move from that spot. It was so unpleasant. And after I started walking is when I felt like I was stuck in time and not moving anywhere. It was insult to injury. It was so bad. Didn't help that I was alone in the woods either. But like I said before. I held my own. I told myself it was the mushrooms and laughed at them "you fuckers are doing well". Gosh, if someone would have seen me i could only imagine what I looked like. It was when I finally hit an opening by water that I got this huge shot of euphoria. I took my lack off and just laid there on the ground. Not so much tripping.. but thankful. Just thankful that I got passed that. Everything felt amazing at this point. It made me cherish my sanity and little shit that I take for granted. I had to sit there for an hour just enjoying the sunshine and water... happy the trip was coming down.. and that I made it through such a difficult time. It wasn't all bad. Like said.. bad trips aren't really bad. Just difficult. This just showed me how fucked up things really can get...

Quote:

Mice-Helium said:
Quote:

Vibe_Enthusiast said:
Man this is when ready weird shit started to happen.. as I was walking it felt like I was reliving the same exact step over and over. It felt like nothing was changing. It seriously felt as if I was walking on a treadmill and going nowhere.

It was such weird fucked up feeling that I can't even explain it.. but that's about as good as I can. I kept looking behind me like I was rewalking the same shit I just did. It literally was a repetitive moment over and over (in my head at least).

When i read this, I couldn't help but picture this music video:

LITERALLY HAVE GOOSEBUMPS. PUT YOURSELF IN MY HEAD AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT FELT LIKE. EXCEPT ALONE AND IN THE WOODS.

I have about two dozen trips under my belt and have never experienced this. It was my first time and I doubt it will be my last. But I don't think I'll freak out like I did before. Because now, it's not completely foreign. But still.. would be fine without it happening. It is a bit disturbing.

--------------------
:greyalien:

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience