Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
my brain spilled out onto the keyboard
    #2624607 - 05/01/04 04:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

As long as humans are in their current state of evolution, the world will never change. There will always be wars, death, famine, poverty, and a small ruling class. Sure, the number of people dying from starvation or oppression may fluctuate throughout the decades, but nothing has really changed. The world is pulling togethor and growing at the same time. The people in power are fighting to keep their interests prominent in the new world. If the world unites under one flag, there will still be death and war between the states. As long as man remains what he is, this is never change. Man, by nature, seeks superiority over his brothers. We are still animals. Until we can evolve beyond the need to be better than those around us, there will always be struggles for power, and thus there will always be wars, death, pain.

The trick will be to evolve beyond our lust for power, but still retain our love of knowledge and need to advance ourselves as a culture, to improve. This is not something we have control over, and will only happen gradually, through slow, cold, mechanical evolution.

The "hippies" think that it would be possible for the world to live as cooperative tribes. There are so many people out there that think we could govern ourselves if it weren't for this damn government. I challenge them to find a better way to do it. Even if a lot of people are ready to cooperate with eachother and not battle, there will always be people who want more than that, and will fight to get it. As long as the human psyche is able to create people like that, they will always be there to upset the balance, and try to control.

Drugs do not give you insight into the universe, instead they simply free your mind of the conscious restraints it places on our perception of reality. You can't hide inside a yurt, tripping on mushrooms every day, growing all your food in your little garden and think that if the whole world did what you do, then it would all be ok. But you're doing better than most.

I think the internet is the key to the next stage of human evolution. It exists just below the point of a sentient conscousness. It gives billions of people access to the world's knowledge. When people are given the ability to look beyond their singular perception of the world, to see it from someone else's view, that's when they can finally begin to grasp the big picture. Change comes slowly, from the masses, not from a single person preaching what is "right". The internet is still very much in its infancy, but I think it will lead to a grand revolution, within our life time. Big things are on the horizon, and I think we will get to see the beginning real new world before we leave the world to our children.

Our individual lives are insignificant, but as a group we can change things. People don't listen to ads or opnions in newspapers, they listen to eachother. The only way to change the world is to spread the truth through eachother. People don't trust the media any more, and any message we try to send through it would be distorted and twisted for the benefit of those in power, and nothing would change.

This is but one of many realities, completely seperate but somehow connected. When we die, we will move on, just as we arrived in this reality through another. Our perception is all we have, and do distort it with drugs is both insane and necessary. To understand life more fully we must twist our perception and tear our consciousness away from our waking state, but at the same time, our perception is all we really have, and we take it completely for granted. Is this wrong?

I dream lucidly every night, and the older I get, the more my dreams tie into my waking life. I do not believe the dream world is an alternate reality, I think it is unique to every person and is a purely fictional escape that our subconcious creates to let us experience all the things we never will in our waking life. I also believe that our waking life is just as maleable as our dreams, but we are so grounded in the perception that reality is absolute and solid, we will never allow ourselves to truly let loose and play, as in a dream. I think this is an evolutionary law, too much twisting of reality would destroy us. I've seen too many impossible things to believe that reality is one thing, and one thing only.

Negative feelings and actions are a waste of energy and time. They help nothing. Every action has a reaction, and if someone throws a negative one at you, beat the fucking laws of physics and step above the petty bullshit that has destroyed so many good people.

Expand your mind but only do so within the infinite confines of yourself. If your reality begins to spill outside your own, you risk destroying someone else's. Everyone must have their own unique perception. Helping someone along their way is imperetive, but all discoveries and breakthroughs must be made by the individual, or they bear no real weight for that person. Shared experiences are the exception, for shattering reality with another is one of the most life changing and extraordinary experiences available to us.

You cannot base your relationship with another human on the length of time you have known them, but rather base it on the experiences you share. I have made better friends in a matter of days than I have with people I've known for years. Life is not about the passage of time, but rather the events and happenings between birth and death.

ABOVE ALL. NEVER lose site of the fact that reality is not real, and in the end it's YOUR trip. Love your life. Love those around you. Don't live in the future or the past, but rather for the moment, because it's the only thing that really exists at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: my brain spilled out onto the keyboard [Re: Turd]
    #2624673 - 05/01/04 05:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

everything we do is based on primitive inscticts buried in our genetic makeup.

There will always be violence, death, greed, lust, gluttony. etc.

to deny that is to deny your very natural genetic makeup that makes you a lifeform on this planet competing for survival with everything around you and the very planet itself.

Very nice post though :laugh:  You should read the lucifer principal, by howard bloom.  You will enjoy it.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: my brain spilled out onto the keyboard [Re: Barbi]
    #2625833 - 05/01/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

:nonono: :shake:

--------------------

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Re: my brain spilled out onto the keyboard [Re: abhi]
    #2626185 - 05/01/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psychopsilocybin said:
Quote:

:nonono: :shake:

I agree it sucks, but it's true....  well, we wont ALWAYS have it, but it's going to be a long time till we can evolve out of those habits as a species

mndfreeze:  I'll check that out, always fun to read about that kinda stuff.

Anyone else take the time to read my blathering?  Just kinda went off last night while listening to some pink floyd.... would like to hear if anyone else agrees/dissagrees with anything I said :smile:

Offlinemonolith4
Stranger

Re: my brain spilled out onto the keyboard [Re: Turd]
    #2626913 - 05/01/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, you must have gotten yourself well psyched up for that post!
Any specific inspiration?

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Re: my brain spilled out onto the keyboard [Re: monolith4]
    #2629782 - 05/02/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

dunno.... for some reason at like 4 am I just decided I needed to write something... and that came out :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies