Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinethrowawaiting
Stranger
Re: Fruiting chamber inside IKEA Bedside Table? [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26242964 - 10/10/19 03:03 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I was definitely not trying to be a dick, but the fact that you have to hide it means you could be completely fucking someone’s life if you ever got caught

Didn't see it like that at all. The concern is valid, but as I said at a post above, not applicable to my case. Everyone living with me is fully aware. I'm more concerned about people I don't trust too much coming into my room like a landlord or friend of a friend kind of a thing. One of the reasons why I would prefer a stealthier way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruiting chamber inside IKEA Bedside Table? [Re: throwawaiting]
    #26242971 - 10/10/19 03:08 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Put a lock on our door and turn it into a full lab with a bed :shrug: that’s what I would be doing if my room was big enough, and I’m planning on moving into the basement with my grow. I trust my housemates but I also would like to be close to it so I don’t have to get up and go all the way downstairs to my space.

--------------------
If the thunder don't get ya, the lightning will.
In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face.
Trade List
Forever giving away prints. PM at anytime for a free print.

Offlinethe_sonic16
Mushy McMusherson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere off topic
Re: Fruiting chamber inside IKEA Bedside Table? [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26243025 - 10/10/19 03:40 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, just grow a log or two of gourmet mushies and tell everyone you're "getting into mycology and are just interested in mushrooms in general." That's what I do. I get a few raised eyebrows here and there, but most people can't tell a cube from a shiitake anyway. When you're serving up your grows people stop asking questions. On top of that, just put your cubes in a place where they are less likely to be seen than the rest of your delicious decoys.

:douchewink:

OfflineToxic enigma
High priest of his own madness
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Fruiting chamber inside IKEA Bedside Table? [Re: the_sonic16]
    #26243085 - 10/10/19 04:19 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with the suggestion of growing stones, those can be done entirely in the jar .
Enclosing an SGFC inside something will prevent any sort of FAE, not to mention trapping that much humidity in a particle board enclosure is asking for mold problems.

--------------------
The goal of life is not to arrive safely at the grave, but rather to slide in side ways yelling " holy crap what a ride".

CAUTION: contents under pressure, highly volatile, may contain language of a vulgar, subversive or blasphemous nature, handle with care, point away from face when opening.

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting chamber inside IKEA Bedside Table? [Re: Toxic enigma]
    #26243126 - 10/10/19 04:39 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I can understand not wanting it to be blatantly obvious, but as previously mentioned, monotubs or shoeboxes aren’t that obvious either.  The problem I see with your Ikea setup is that a SGFC was designed with general amount of openness in mind and isn’t going to do as well without it.  Changes could certainly be made to it but I’m guessing you don’t have the experience to know how much additional airflow is enough and will spend a lot of time fighting conditions.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26243296 - 10/10/19 05:50 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

throwawaiting said:
So how much is an expected yield per cake in your mind? I'm just going off of other posts I've seen here but I could be wrong.

Regardless, I think it's wrong to assume it wouldn't yield enough for my personal use. I trip maybe once a month with like 3.5 - 5g. Sometimes with my SO so if I can yield even 20g with this setup I think it should be enough.

Quote:

If u want stealth grow stones

Why the gatekeeping? I don't understand why wanting stealth in an illegal activity is so frowned upon here.

I'm not frowning on anything, just a simple solution, sure you could grow tubs or shoeboxes and get half assed results , it's hard to stop cubes from growing but a monotubs can pump 8 ounce flushes and stink up an entire house.
Stones are extremely simply they require zero attention they yield great they are very potent and at the end you can still get mushrooms..its really a win win.

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinethrowawaiting
Stranger
Re: Fruiting chamber inside IKEA Bedside Table? [Re: cronicr]
    #26244244 - 10/11/19 07:02 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not frowning on anything, just a simple solution

Yeah, I gotta apologize. I wasn't aware that stones was slang for truffles so when I saw your message I thought you telling me to grow stones meant something like "just don't grow anything".

Anyways, I've decided to to a normal SGFC but with a opaque blue container so that it's not clearly visible as soon as you get into the room. I think that should be enough.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26244414 - 10/11/19 08:12 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi!
    #26244521 - 10/11/19 08:47 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

hi throwawaiting!

I'm noob/no grows yet, anyway, Violet has some great teks that can be very stealthy if desired, especially the PODs tek seen here: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21390984/fpart/1/vc/1

(read first 5-6 pages of that thread to get a real good grasp of what Violet and others using it are doing, initial post left me with a few questions that get answered later)

it is one we are going to use to help find good genetics from small quick grow outs for cloning and to take sterile prints from. if in your situation, toss the sgfc, shoeboxes and monotubs ideas and just go PODs/invitro. can easily use your ikea side table to keep them in just add some light (as you mentioned an LED on timer sounds sufficient). no worries about humdity/wood rot this way either and if cubes variety the PODs give enough FAE with lids cracked once in fruiting. This will allow you some time to sort exactly how you want to manage roommates, visitors and your grows in general while giving you some good results to eat and meditate with further.

Stealth grows, hells yeah!

ForTheWin!!
:bearbreakdance:

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix