Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
draft of the news
    #2623655 - 04/30/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hey...they're now talking about the draft!!

:shake: :whistling:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: draft of the news [Re: kaiowas]
    #2623697 - 04/30/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

They won't draft, but if they do they will damn sure lose any support they have for this war. If I was to be drafted it would signal my departure from this country.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: draft of the news [Re: z@z.com]
    #2623701 - 04/30/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If the media is talking about it, you can be pretty sure those in power are seriously discussing it and may have already made up their minds :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: draft of the news [Re: trendal]
    #2623705 - 04/30/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
If the media is talking about it, you can be pretty sure those in power are seriously discussing it and may have already made up their minds :wink:

I have talked to a few in the media and for the most part they will talk about anything regardless of the quality of their sources.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2623745 - 04/30/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

jsut because five mopnths ago I heard about a draft coming up, then 28 million dollars put into selctive services, time to get suspicious...no??

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2624849 - 05/01/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
They won't draft, but if they do they will damn sure lose any support they have for this war. If I was to be drafted it would signal my departure from this country.

The first sign of a draft and people start talking about haulin' ass. How's about stickin' around and fighting the system?

If the draft was reinstated, which I highly doubt, America would protest greatly. Don't worry about the draft. It ain't happening.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2624890 - 05/01/04 08:18 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

So you're gonna turn tail and run?

You support the war as long as it's some other poor bastard who has to die for it? That's big of you.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: draft of the news [Re: Xlea321]
    #2625606 - 05/01/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That's some twisted logic...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: draft of the news [Re: ]
    #2625989 - 05/01/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If you see many of his posts you'll come to realize that if a twist can be put on anything, PinocchiAl is the man to do it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: draft of the news [Re: Xlea321]
    #2626779 - 05/01/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

So you're gonna turn tail and run?

You support the war as long as it's some other poor bastard who has to die for it? That's big of you.

The poor bastards you speak of signed a contract where they agreed to do what they do. I signed no such contract and I consider the draft to be a violation of the most basic human rights. If I believed that I was needed to defend America (not just to let us continue to put troops all over the world while fighting a war) I would join of my own accord.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2627085 - 05/01/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Aye! Hear, hear! If it were a matter of defending freedom I would fight, but it's not. Our fight for our freedom is here, right at home. It's a battle of wills, rather than of bombs, and the federal government is winning.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom