Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #26235851 - 10/07/19 03:32 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Do you want all the air to try to have to find the entrance to that tube hanging somewhere. Or a hole in the top of a smooth domed lid with less restrictions as well.

Quote:

LotKid said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Ive only used jars. And i have a 25x not a 75x

I would probably not put bags on the rack directly

And somewhere i read that he's currently not growing at all right now, either. So... just consider the source of info is all i'm saying.

I've got an ego problem like a motherfucker but at least i recognize it and try to take steps to combat it...

And when i'm not well versed on an aspect of this hobby i keep my not knowing ass out of it...

By your reasoning a lot of people are wrong just because they're not growing at the moment. Being a TC is more than skills it's attitude too. I'd watch yours.

It takes a 11/16 wrench or socket. You don't even need a deep socket if you take your toggle apart a short socket will fit. Or use the wrench.

If that's difficult I don't think you should be using a sterilizer in the first place. Ever heard "can't turn a wrench"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26235885 - 10/07/19 03:49 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Could it be that we just have different models with different parts and there's nothing to argue about at all?  I have one chilling in the lab. I'll go see what's up with mine. back in a second

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26235898 - 10/07/19 03:57 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

While my tube was very old and brittle, I absolutely broke it by being a dumbass. I thought I'd read that it was supposed to unscrew on the underside, heh. In that big thread on converting PCs to sterilizers, fools had broken/stripped threading on their stopcocks removing the top. Mine was already loose/ill fitting and leaking on the first runs so I didn't want to fuck with it. Combine that with me thinking it unscrewed on the bottom and I'm a dingbat.

Anyway, I just unscrewed the stopcock on the other, better conditioned unit with the newer exhaust tube. Looks like I might need a vice or something to unscrew the valve from the stopcock now? Edit: I can just screw it back in and put the wrench on the stopcock portion.

Okay, got them separated. So just the stopcock goes back in? The tube definitely doesn't unscrew? Edit #2: Yeah, if you turn it, the coil gets tighter and it shrinks to the point you can see a space through it. But it doesn't seem to unscrew.

Put the stopcock back on, tightened it down fairly close to the base and I reckon I'm good to go now.

Edit 3:

"Simply remove the air exhaust tube from the control valve on the bottom of the sterilizer cover."

This is the shit that confused me as it reads like they're describing where to go to begin the removal, not just iterating where the tube is located.

Edited by stareatclouds (10/07/19 04:35 PM)

Offlinebadsponge
 User Gallery
Loc: SoCal
    #26235938 - 10/07/19 04:23 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Do you want all the air to try to have to find the entrance to that tube hanging somewhere. Or a hole in the top of a smooth domed lid with less restrictions as well.

Sorry if I'm overthinking this. I just don't want to do something stupid with a huge pressurized bomb. I got plenty of wrenches and know how to turn em. Do you think it's safe to remove the tube AND run it WITH the insert? That's the only reason I'm hesitating, is for the times I only sterilize a small load and might as well use the insert. If it's all the same, I'll just remove it. I've rebuilt engines, I can remove a tube :grin:

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: stareatclouds] * 1
    #26235947 - 10/07/19 04:28 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

well, that's how MY vent tube came off. It was pretty easy but did require the use of not one but two wrenches.

I feel like a lot of arguments in life arise from simply not seeing both sides of a thing clearly. I'm guessing we don't all have the exact same situation going on.

Anywho, that's how MINE works

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26235967 - 10/07/19 04:38 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

That's what I was talking about when I thought I'd need a vice or something. For anyone else trying who doesn't have extra wrenches or vice grips, I just tightened it down into the original threading so it was snug enough to act like another wrench holding it.

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: stareatclouds]
    #26236042 - 10/07/19 05:21 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

AA changed their stopcocks a few years back. Seems like the new assembly is different including the vent tube. I’m actually not looking forward to having to replace mine as from what I’ve heard the old style was better.

Also I tied my tube up with a zip tie when I didn’t run with the liner. I don’t think it hurt anything.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26236056 - 10/07/19 05:28 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Being a TC is more than skills it's attitude too. I'd watch yours.

:fuckyou:

Maybe i wouldnt have the attitude if you didnt always present yourself in typical condesending dismissive bod fashion...

Edited by LotKid (10/07/19 05:38 PM)

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi!
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26236071 - 10/07/19 05:38 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Ours (new 75) appears to require removing the control valve to get it out. Not to be anal about it, 22yrs of preventative maintenance checks and services and technical manual deciphering and all :rolleyes:, I couldn't help but notice AA recommends removing the vent tube monthly to check for restricted flow- which doesn't sound like a great idea when having to double wrench it.

I had planned to remove it every 6 months tho, waste of time?

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: TeaforTwo]
    #26236081 - 10/07/19 05:41 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Waste of time and possible waste of money if you break it...

Get long pipe cleaners if youre worried.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: LotKid]
    #26236096 - 10/07/19 05:45 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, and bod... why does my toggle look completely different from yours? What you just posted doesn't work for my model... says I and the noob reading this trying to figure shit out.

There is a universe outside of the one youre experiencing...

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26236120 - 10/07/19 05:59 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

It's not rocket science on the other models or parts either

Would you attach a tube to the inside of a presto coming from the vent port. Do you think that might hurt venting performance

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi!
    #26236136 - 10/07/19 06:04 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

yah, not the safe harbor i need this ship to sail out on lol. Thanks Lotkid, we'll leave it and run some my long stem pipe cleaners thru it occasionally for a check.

suppose if this sucker start building pressure with control valve still open will also be a good sign it may be high time to check/replace it.
not gonna sweat it tho :jah:

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26237326 - 10/08/19 09:32 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Would you attach a tube to the inside of a presto coming from the vent port. Do you think that might hurt venting performance

:lolwut:

I don't use prestos and if i did why would i attach a piece if equipment that the pc didn't come with? This hypothetical scenario you came up with has no value or merit in this convo.

I'm gonna say this... even tho the vent tube is removeable... its an erroneous step that needs not to be done. Spend the time it would take you removing that tube and do something else more useful with your time. Like prepping grain.

--------------------

Offlinebadsponge
 User Gallery
    #26237365 - 10/08/19 09:49 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TeaforTwo said:
22yrs of preventative maintenance checks and services and technical manual deciphering and all :rolleyes:

FUCK PMCS!!! :mad2::laugh: I was in for 6 years Reserves, so after basic and AIT, I only had to deal with that shit for 4 years. I can't imagine 22! :crazy2:

So the takeaway I get from all of this is it doesn't fucking matter. Bod removed his and it works. LotKid doesn't remove his and it works. Stareatclouds (Star Eat Clouds? :grin:) has two, one with, one without, and both work. Case closed!

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: badsponge]
    #26237611 - 10/08/19 11:18 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

It doesn't matter but can only help ventilation. Tubes and bends are restrictive to all fluids(air). Not only that but the tube makes the spot which gas can evacuate a floating point inside the sterilization vessel making it easier to trap air bubbles. It's not hard to remove and the manual suggests removing it as part of preventative maintenance. You remove it once you're never spending time on it again and shortening your vent times for every time thereafter.

Like the thought experiment with the presto. Just imagine adding an erroneous tube to the vent port on any pressure cooker, including an AA that had its one taken off. Do you think it would lower venting performance? Yes.

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?

Trusted Cultivator
    #26237625 - 10/08/19 11:24 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TeaforTwo said:
yah, not the safe harbor i need this ship to sail out on lol. Thanks Lotkid, we'll leave it and run some my long stem pipe cleaners thru it occasionally for a check.

suppose if this sucker start building pressure with control valve still open will also be a good sign it may be high time to check/replace it.
not gonna sweat it tho :jah:

Just blow through it, dude.

Offlinebadsponge
 User Gallery
    #26237740 - 10/08/19 12:03 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
It doesn't matter but can only help ventilation. Tubes and bends are restrictive to all fluids(air). Not only that but the tube makes the spot which gas can evacuate a floating point inside the sterilization vessel making it easier to trap air bubbles. It's not hard to remove and the manual suggests removing it as part of preventative maintenance. You remove it once you're never spending time on it again and shortening your vent times for every time thereafter.

Oh yeah, those are all great points that are really obvious now, but I never thought of. That settles it for me. I'll remove it.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: badsponge] * 1
    #26237901 - 10/08/19 01:12 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

It works just fine either way. Mountains out of mole hills.

Show me proof that removing the tube actually shortens vent times. Removing the tube doesn't make the unit heat any faster which is the catalist for vent time...

Or are you just guessing? Like when you say that you wouldn't place bags directly on the rack inside the sterilzer but yet I do it all the time. That's you assuming. You admit that you don't run bags but yet you speak so first hand... which clearly isn't the case.

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26238032 - 10/08/19 02:07 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't and I don't are different :shrug:
Now you're grasping at strawmans

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies