Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
to everyone at S&P
    #2623112 - 04/30/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

all of us have internal struggles that we deal with day in and day out. whatever the goal may be, I think we can all help each other out here. this community is special..so why not take advantage of that. We already are learning from each other, but let's go deeper...

we are slowly learning how to communicate with each other, but in order to fully take advantage of all this, we also need to help ourselves with our internal struggles.

I am proposing to have is a group of all (i wish all of us hehe) to get together and help each other our with our day to day experiences. we have over 8000 hours a year to work on ourselves...why not take advantage of this as much as possible?

this could be considered a class...but you will be supplying your grade. a journal is definately needed!

We all have negative emotions, and they may ber the most useful things we have to help better ourselves. that's what this is about btw, bettering ourselves and our lives. it's not about the external world, but the internal one that matters before we can start bettering the external one. many of us (including myself) dwell in negativity a lot, way more than we need to. I'm not syaing negative is bad, but what I'm saying is if you feel negative a lot, looking at the reasons why you feel this way about the world can be very helpful. I'm proposing to use negative emotions as a signal to see why your mind wants to view life in a certain way.

let's train the mind in a conscious way!! increase awareness of how you feel about yourself and the world around you. a good way to do this is to get some key ideas together and study them. to write what our emotions down, and to see what external events triggered them to feel this way. let's claim our right for control of our emotions instead of letting the instant get to us.

let us see that when we start becoming aware of how we think, we can then open ourselves to more options. this will provide clairity, and helps the mind focus on reality instead of being stuck in our emotions.

the way this could be set up, we are all teachers, and all students. let's help each other in a very conscious way!!

anyone with me? let's get some ideas going!!!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: kaiowas]
    #2623157 - 04/30/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I need to find my soul mate. Can you help?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2623756 - 04/30/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wonderful idea man, you know im up for it  :laugh:

--------------------
What?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2631968 - 05/03/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I finally bought the book "What to say when you talk to yourself" that Skorpivo told me to buy. It says some really good stuff. I'm impressed so far. I think this should be read by all, but I'll summarize the best parts as I read, if you want.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: Frog]
    #2632851 - 05/03/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Frog: Is that by Shad Helmstetter, author of Who are you REALLY and what do you want??

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
    #2636417 - 05/04/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like a good idea. when do we start?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2640555 - 05/05/04 05:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, I'm definitely down with this. Where do we start, man? Discuss and suggest? Someone suggest something and then we go from there? We need to move! :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: daba]
    #2643606 - 05/05/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

daba said:
Frog: Is that by Shad Helmstetter, author of Who are you REALLY and what do you want??

Yes!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinebumski
cattle russler

Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: Frog]
    #2643678 - 05/05/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How's about a sticky thread for this sorta thing? :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Cheech: Hey man, the house is bein' raided man! opsCays! You hear me man? get-outski!

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #2646257 - 05/06/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well I could use some help...
Let me start with a story of my recent life. In February I started to get into Buddhism, reading as much as possible and trying different meditation techniques. I also began to practice yoga. I did a lot of work on living in the present moment and letting go of the ego. It was going wonderfully: I was becoming more and more aware of the world, the veil was beginning to slip away. I was enthusiastic about practicing the teachings, reinforcing them more and more each day.

Then, about 2 months later I started to hang out with these kids and smoke pot everyday. I had been a daily smoker from July-February, but with my discovery of Buddhism and renunciation of the physical plane, I decided that I was done with bud. Yet one day with these kids I said it would be OK... but it led to a feast of temptation. For the past 6 weeks or so, I've been smoking daily, drinking a few times a week, and spending an awful lot of time thinking about how I must start practicing again. Yet, for some reason that driving force that made it so easy for me in the beginning isn't there anymore. I'm not really sure what I'm asking, I'm not in a great state right now. I guess I'm looking for some words of advice, maybe a similar experience and the way you were able to come back to the world. Thank you!

OfflineLux
Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: obfuscatelesol]
    #2646345 - 05/06/04 03:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Didn't Buddhism teach you anything?! Haha! All there is is this moment. If you want to stop endlessly, pointlessly filling that void you created when you gave up something precious to your heart then all you have to do is begin your practice again at this very moment. All it takes is one moment, as you should already know as all it took was that one moment to send you on your cycle of self-gratification.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: Lux]
    #2647716 - 05/06/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I has something typed up on Word, and then my comp crashed and I lost everything, by tomrrow I will have up a basic strategy..and of course, in put is deifnately needed!

obfuscate...this is exactly the thing that I was talking about. the idea here is to first tackel how you feel about the situation. we look at our external reality for happiness when in fact, it is utterly futile to depend on it for happiness.

these will be common sense principles here. here's the first one

in life...you win some and you lose some.

since this is the case, then you can start seeing that if you depend on "what happens" for happiness, most of the time, you will be let down. the first thing to do is to be aware of how you feel when certain things happen...to train your mind so that no matter what happens, you can still keep your serenity. from there, we will be much more clear headed, and then it will be WAY easier to deal with external world. this will bring clarity and wisdom to the board, which will lead to better choices. asl ong as the ego tries to change our surroundings to fit on the way that we thing the world should work, we won't find much happiness. and if we do find happiness in manipulation of the world, it is normally short lived.

it's liek today I went to court. most of the time I would have been mad, but I trained my mind to the point that I was sitting there with a fat grin on my face because I accepted the situation as a way for me to grow. even if it is painful, it can be used as a growing experience

Lux..this isn't about which philosophies teach you what...it's about how well you deal with what life throws in front of you. many people don't suscribe to certain philosphies or religions. I kind of get what you are saying with the "now moment" but that really doesn't help. thisi s looking at how the mind operates and not being a slave to it. rather being the master over your feelings. when things don't go your way, you can still keep your happiness.

you can still think you are right...and you can still do what you do, we can keep that. this is about creating a better world inside first...before dealing with the external one. one hting at a time

I'm working really hard on this and I should have something up in a day or two.

this will be a system that you will develope yourself, but with a great foundation to start with.

any ideas for contribution will be great as I don't want it to be like "this is my way and this is the ONLY way." it's your mind...and let's get the idea across that you are the best person suited to make your own system. at that same token...sharing ideas helps immensly.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMylz

Loc: Ontario (Canada)
    #2647736 - 05/06/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

**Wonders why people always feel such a need and spend so much time trying to find themselves and who they truly are, when the answers are put blatantly in front of them.**

You are who you are. Who you are is who life shapes you to be; who you are while working, while with friends, while alone. You may act different in each of those situations, but why in hell would you react and act the exact same to totally different people and situations? All 'self-help' and 'self-discovery' books do is give you instructions to follow in order to become the quasi-spiritual self that everyone with access to media and the internet are now being pressured to become. If you feel a yearning for more spirituality or feel you truly put on masks or aren't your true self, get some medication; only neural chemical imbalances like depression of schizophrenia cause these kind of things. Why-oh-why do people feel such an insane need to improve themselves into the people they're now being pressured or taught to think they should be? Reading these books and programming all these changes into yourself doesn't make you who you truly are. Each individual person is so unlike any other, that no one, hundred or even thousand books could lead people to find who they truly are, because they are who their lives have shaped them to be; that is their true self whether they like it or not. Don't get any misconceptions, spirituality is great, and having spiritual experiences is a good and important thing. I just get angered when people go through method after method trying to 'find themselves', or who read through books that try and tell them how they ought to be spiritually. Working on yourself and your spirituality is great, and having changes in personality, opinion and heart due to exploring your spirituality are too. It just gets me worked up when people change large portions of how they are because a book tells them it's how they as a person should change to be more spiritual; I'm probably repeating myself, but every individual is too different for any one book to properly apply to them.

Sorry if I offended anyone or ranted a little too much.. Thread read and replied to while in a bit of a not-so-happy mood..  :sorry:

--------------------
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist, are you? :wink:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: Mylz]
    #2649452 - 05/07/04 08:59 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

you misunderstand this mylz

why wouldn't you want to better yourself? do you feel that other people don't have something to offer? I already pointed out the fact that everyone is different. it's not about acting the same at all. it's about using the ego and the rational mind to provide clarity within. some people are shy (lime myself) around others because they judge themselves or don't accept the situation.

it's about looking at how your mind works and processes information. it's about being in control of your feelings. when you feel something negative, it's about looking at what happened around you that triggered that specific negative emotion. this way when the same thing happens again you'll be able to adjust and handle the situation with a much clearer head. we try to manipulate the world around us and we may get satisfied for a bit...but then we "need" something more. Ever get bored? don't you hate being bored? often giving a sigh and depleting your energy even more, and then what...you're still bored. so then we try to buy things to keep us entertained, and while that may last for a little bit, it is normally short lived. look at why you are bored and then realize that at this moment you can feel not bored. you can do nothing at all and still be content. what about when something goes wrong...does feeling angry or upset ever help the situation? here's an example to illustrate what I'm referring to...

you are driving and your tire blows out. you get to the side of the road and naturally you're pissed, agitated, frustrated..etc. the ego will send the mind reeling...you might get angry at the person who threw the glass on the ground that made your tires go, you might get angry at the people who sold you tires that didn't work as well as you wanted, you can get angry, upset, frustrated, worried..etc...but does this help the situation at all? no...because after you've went through all those negative emotions and put uneeded stress on your body and mind...you're still left with a flat tire to deal with. instead of getting unpleasant emotions at the tire, you can get busy on getting the situation fixed so you can move on. these emotions don't help the external situation at all...but they can be used for you to look at so when a similar situation happens again you can get busy and do what you gotta do. plus...if you've got an almost clear head...your mind can focus more on fixing the problem and your body will be able to help you out more.

people get panic attacks that come out of no where, I used to get those as well. I took the medication, I went to at least 7 psychologist/psychiatrists, and all that did was make me dwell on the situations more. the medication fucked me up as well, as most ritalin kids will tell you. when we get negative emotions, our body stresses out, and over time this can lead to severe health problems. just look at the woman who had a heart attack at the movie passion. feeling negative all the time keeps you from enjoying company with others..get's you tired a lot quicker, and keeps you from enjoying the peace you could have. don't you want to feel peace?

it's about not being a slave to our emotions and increasing the awareness of what's really going on. you said you were in a negative modd when you were reading and making this post. did you like that feeling? did you "need" to feel that at all? does it help your body? does it help your situation that you are in? did it make your ideas much clearer for us to understand? did it help your point you were trying to make? did it ever cross your minds that a lot of the medication that is givin does more harm than good? do you think that you can make better more clear..well thought out choices if your mind wasn't so concentrated on being negative. wouldn't you not want to drain your energy? wouldn't you want to reach a state of near constant happiness? instead of just going around being a slave to robotic like responses, be aware..and not let life get to you so bad. was it really worth it to feel negative? to know you can view the world anyway you want to...why not make it that way? I'm not saying the negative emotions aren't needed, it's jsut that we use them way too often and this puts stress on the body. in that instant you feel stress, your heart rate goes up, your body pumps in hormones and adrenaline that really only are needed to happen in life threating situations (ie shelter, lack of food, someone trying to do you harm, etc).

a book that I got even said in the beginning, that these are just labels, and that to take what ideas you agree with and discard the rest until you find them useful.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2649584 - 05/07/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

let's start the foundation!  fireworks god made a great post regarding the handbook to higher consciousness, and it is these ideas that I will use as a solid foundation. the book would be helpful to get, and I can help with that if you'd like..but it isn't "required" we can still do the same work without it. all we are going to use is some common sense!

a lot of people will be intially put off by words such as "the twelve pathways" and the "seven centers of consciousness"  I know I did.  realize that these are jsut labels (tools even) for our mind so we can organize information.  our ego and rational mind loves to catagorize while processing information so that it is easier to understand. one of the best ways we learn, and retain knowledge is through repetition.  we have all learned how to feel negative through repitition, let's turn this bad boy around and learn how to feel happy through the same way. most of us will always have a point in time when we feel negative...but how about making it so we are happy at least 95% of the time. 

taken from the first couple of pages from the handbook

"many of us are unhappy because we are trying to find  enough  security, sex, pleasant sensations, ego rushes, prestige, money, power and status.  this struggle yields lives of constant resentment, worry, suspicion, anger, jealousy, shyness, and fear.  most people tell themselves tjeu must do to be happy ends up yielding more frustration than joy.  the more sucessful a person is in making money, collective skills and possessions, aquring knowledge and degrees, and achieving positions of status, power, and prestige, the less loving peaceful, and contented they may find themselves.

And yet it is not these things in and of themselves that create an unhappy life, it is the internal mental feeling about the desires for them that minute by minute keeps one from enjoying life 99% of the time.  Addictions (or emotional backed demands) bring fear of non-fullfillment; jealousy that someone may steal our source of fullfillment, anger when someone twarts us; cynicism if constantly undersupplied; paranoia if constantly threatened; boredom if we're making no progress towards statisfying our addictions (emotional backed demands); worry if we can't see the steady supply; anxiety if we;re worried about being worried; and unhappiness when the outside world does not supply is with whatever we are addicted to.  since commons snese tells us that the way things go in life is that you win some and you lose some, an addicted person has no chance of living a happy life over 90% of the time( ie being loving, peaceful, wise and effective.) And the addictive programming is not necessary to find and enjoy that which we prefer in life.

we will be ready for this type of growth into a constant supply of happiness when you realize the utter futility of trying to live a beautiful life by your efforts to rearrange or change the world of people and things outside of you to fit your emotional backed demands.  we will find time and again, that you have to rearrange your own personal responses to life situations...things that we learned in our childhood that was nessary so we survive in our younger years.

as we start growing, we will find that we have always had enough to be happy.  it is the patters in our heads that make us unhappy, although we tend to blame the pole and conditions outside of us for our unhappiness. 

this does not require you to detach yourself from your present life.  serenity can be used most efficiently if we stay with our current business and personal life.  once we understand this system thoroughly, you won't need a teacher. our lives will be the best teacher for we will discover that we are always putting ourselves in learning situtions that are ideal for growth.  the programming that we must changew has an unerring way of putting us into life situations that can make us aware of the exact inner work we need to do.  this will add to the enjoyment of life all around.

think of all the energy we put now into the up and down hour by hour coping with our feelings will contiually trying to rearrange the people and situations in our lives so that we can be loving, effective, and happy.  and yet year by year our quest may be as elusive as ever.  since almost everyone around us has trouble in boming happy 95% of the time, we may have lowered our standards and decided that continuous happiness is probably not realistic.  let's get rid of this notion and up our standards, after all, we are worth it!

Most of us assume that our desires (backed up by emotional feelings) are true guides to doing the things  that will make us happy.  but yet no one has yet to find happiness by using emotional backed demands as guides.  flashes of pleasure...sure, happiness...no.

our wants and desires are so seductive...they are thought of as needs that must be satisfied so we can be happy at last.  we tell ourselves "if I can jsut become president of this compnay, or if I jsut make this much money, I will be happy."  It is fine to aquire these positions, and to aquire money, but it may be misleading to expect it to bring us peace, love and happiness.  "if only..."  so we search for these external situations, we trust in them, but we all know life doesn't go our way half of the time. 

our negative emotions are a  misleading result of an extensive pattern of scars we have experienced.  again, uhhappines through repetition.  we haven't had the chance yet to understand and love on a continuous basis..so we think it's not possible.  it is how we have dealt with emotions that lead us to percieve differences that make us uptight, instead of similarities that enable us to understand and love.  we percive other people and situations as threats when we rely on the external world and situations for our happiness.  we respond with adrenaline, faster heartbeat, increase in blood sugar, and other jungle survival responses that prepare us for fight or flight.

think about some of the threatening situations you have felt in the last day or two. are you going to lose your job? is the person for whom you feel the most love paying attention to somone else than you?  do you have unpaid bills that you cannot take care of?  now these problems euther have solutions or they don't.  either you can do something about them now, or you can't.  if you can do something about it, then do it, even if it's jsut a first step.  don't dwell on the situation, yes think about it, but not dwell, this doesn't lead to getting th problem fixed.  if you are in the process of fixing it, but it'll take some time, stop dwelling while you're doing it.  if you are doing what you can, then feeling negative about it doesn't help, it just hurts your mind, the body, and possibly the situation.  you energy will be drained when you are worried or axious about a problem. do what you can do, but don't be addicted to the results or else you will creat more worry.  if you can't do anything about it right now, then why make yourself uncomfartable about it, save that energy for when you CAN do something about it.  these negative emotions in non life threatening situations jsut lowers insight and effectiveness of our actions. 

if you do not hassel yourself emotionally when the outside world doesn't fit your demads (as it often does) you will be much more joyous, and really appreciate each moment of you life.  we need to learn to flow with the people and things around us, because after all, we are all different, and no one is going to conform jsut for you.  since we are conscious beings, the only thing we need to find happiness in life is to perceive clealy who we are, and what exactly are the real conditions.  in order to do this, we need to do some inner work, and we will do this through repetition."

i know this might have been long and tedious, and if it has, see how it might be your emotionally backed demands making you feel this way.  you can read anything you want and enjoy, if you find this annoying, ask yourself, why so?  be aware of how you feel and why you feel this way. so let's take a break here...if you want, look at fireworks god's post regarding the handbook to higher consciousness.  look at the seven ceters and the so called twelve pathways, as just labels so our mind can organize and catagorize.  see how carfully they are worded to get an idea of how this repetition thing will work.

I will leave you all with this one idea to think about so we can discuss.  I'm not syaing what I put here is "the way,"  just use your common sense and tell me what you think. can you apply any of this to your situation?  does any pof it make sense, take what you agree, and write it down, ask yourself why do you agree.  give yourself example of situations that you have experinced in the past, analyze them, ans see if you could have approached them in a different way.  if you could have...would it have made your decision making process different.

at the same token..write down what you didn't agree with, and say why you don't.  see if you can still apply what you don't agree with and see if it would have made your decision making process different. 

this is repetition.  look at the seven centers and see how it is catagorzed to included every emotion.  make a list if you want.  lookat the twelve pathways and see how if you told yourself these at least twice a day, if it can stop the mind reeling negative emotions, and get you back on track to fixing any problem.

hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed typing it.  :grin:

--------------------

Edited by kaiowas (05/08/04 08:53 AM)

OfflineMylz

Loc: Ontario (Canada)
    #2649997 - 05/07/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Understand and agree with pretty much all of what you've said... Was just in a bad mood yesterday, and happen to have a lot of people in my area that don't just read a book and try to learn for it, they adopt it as their new gospel (not literally; you get what I mean). I think learning and bettering yourself and keeping an open mind to things are great... Just again, wrong mood, wrong post, bad judgement on some parts..

--------------------
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist, are you? :wink:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: Mylz]
    #2651576 - 05/07/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it's all good mylz...and your point wasn't stated without good reason. too many times we see people take what they see at face value as truth or "the way" without analyzing it. I know I used to be that way, not use critical thinking skills at all, until something kicked me in the ass and told me to stop being so gullible. that's wy I asked everyone who read and wanted to join in on this to look at it themselves and see what they like and dislike...because you are right...everyone is different.  but let's not have that stop us from helping each other!!  :grin:

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2654461 - 05/08/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Bump..good thread! :smile:

I started reading the handbook yesterday, it definitely has a real interesting way of putting things into perspective.  Maybe I shouldn't be saying this yet since I've just started..but so far it really does seem like this is a book everybody should consider reading atleast once.  And if one doesn't have access to the book..they could just read this thread! :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #2657668 - 05/09/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

This thread is looking great so far- thanks to Lux, whose few simple words were enough. I'm HERE again. Kaiowas, you've got great things to say, I can't wait to hear more. Mylz, I understand where you're coming from and what you've said has great truth to it, as unfortunate as that is (and the quote in your profile is wonderful). Let's keep this up.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: to everyone at S&P [Re: obfuscatelesol]
    #2673501 - 05/13/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

this will probably be my last post regarding my ideas before we start helping each other out in a more focused maner.  btw, if anyone has any ideas, please please share!!!!! to me..the more input the better!  part of this is focusing on what you want using writing and talking.  that way you can focus on what it is you want when you feel any energy draining negative emotion.  communication is essential and we should get used to using all modes...what a better place to start then here?!

I want to use the so-called "seven centers" and "12 pathways"  as a catalyst to engaging your rational mind and ego towards a higher state of serenity.  if you haven't read them, they are  located here

and again, use these as labels or markers only.  we live in all the "centers" but lets try making it so we live in a centers the provide happiness, freedom, and clarity most of the time. read them, if you agree that these centers are a great way for us to use as a label in order for our rational mind to be aware of how we're feeling...write down why and take a look.  if you disagree...write down why you disagree and take a look. Same with the "pathways," look at them and see if you understand them.  this way we enolve our ego and rational mind to opening your mind to ideas.  use your common sense!! 

here's what I see the process as

first we will intellectually realize how our minds make us feel negative and how we can use our rational mind and ego as tools in order to learn how to be positive.  (this is what we are doing right now).  then we will use all the ideas we agree upon, and use them to notice how we are negative a lot in the world...way more than we need to be. as we start to notice was sets us off in a negative mind chattering thought loop, we write down or go over in our heads (depending on the situation your in) what made us feel uncomfortable.  we will then use the labels as a way for our rational to categorize what "center" we are using.  we will then look for ways of how we can use our minds to focus on the feeling and overtime, as the same feelings keep popping up in similar situations, you will get used to seeing how each emotion feels, and even moreso, how to "deal" with it quickly..to the point where if the situation happens again...you won't feel negative.  now why do this??  this way you can spend more time fixing the problem instead of just thinking about it; it gives motivation; more energy as negative emotions do drain the mind and body; less stress; better health...and so on. this way we can go about our business and get things done faster while enjoying AS we do it.. it's about not letting your ideas give you self defeat, and eliminating depressing thoughts.

again I presented the core idea,

"in life...you win some..and you lose some"-ken keyes

this common sense idea is fundamental because it begs to ask, "if you aren't always going to get your way in life, then why depend on that for your happiness." 

besides the idea listen above..here are a couple of things that we should debate (and then) agree upon before we start.  he's my start... 

1) 95% of the time we don't need to feel negative.  which means, 95% of the time we should feel neautral or positive.  that whcih isn't as energy draining.

2) 95% of the time, it is how your emotional back demands respond to a situation that has your mind make you feel negative...not what actually happens. again I invite you to use your common sense here and realize that if you are in danger...or your mom dies, or any real extreme situation happens that is affecting your health, is a part of the other 5%...as adrenaline in some situations (as in running away) DOES help you!  again... my point is that we are negative  way too often.  it's the litle htings we should deal with first and foremost!  we have to deal with emotional backdemands, yes..we can keep our demands...you can keep your version of right and wrong..it's yours after all..who am I to TELL you different. but let's not feel uncomfortable about them when life shoves somehting different in your face.

4) that you need to "unconditionally love everyone, including yourself."  unconditionally love means to simply accept yourself and everyone else.  again, you can agree and disagree with what they do, but WHY make yourself uncomofrtable doing it?  do you need negative draining emotions in order to think someone is wrong?  why toss your serenity aside when you don't agree with someones idea?  what is unconditional love?it is not "I can love you if you do what emotional backed demands say I want you to do or believe."  it is that I love you because you are here.  even if our minds and ideas are different. and a conscious level, we are all alike in that we all make mistakes...and we all we are just plain human!  acceptence.  we also need to love ourselves.  we need to feel that no matter what we have done in our past, we can change each day.  don't haggle yourself when you fail...cause guess what...we have all failed before.  that's just how life is..."you win some and you lose some."

5) you'll need a pen, pencil, paper, a computer, friends, an open mind, and most of all, honesty. :grin:

ok...let's hear from you!  if you want to post it on this thread...great...make another thread...go ahead.  what do you think?  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale