Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAllAlone
Stranger
How to prevent contaminations in spawn bags?
    #2622977 - 04/30/04 08:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I received a spore syringe and a presterilized spawn bag (I don't have a pressure cooker and don't wish to raise suspicions by buying an aquarium... and besides, I thought spawn bags would give a foolproof attempt on the first try) almost a month ago and I sprayed some sterilizing fluids on the syringe and the self-healing injection site and innoculated the bag and waited... Soon, white mycelium patches started to show up and spread ever so slowly and suddenly, today (or was it yesterday), I looked at the bottom of the bag and I found a black patch on the bottom! Also, on one side of the bag, the substrate looked "wet". Basically, it means I waited for like a month (and add to that the mail delivery time) only to find I've wasted all this time and I'd have to start all over!!! But I don't wish to spend some more money buying more spawn bags only to discover a month later those bags are also contaminated! What precautions should I take next time around? I'm eager to try out magic mushrooms (since I don't know where or how I could get LSD) for the first time and this is simply frustrating.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to prevent contaminations in spawn bags? [Re: AllAlone]
    #2623004 - 04/30/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

one method to guard against contamination with bags it to use a cotton ball and a lighter... wipe the injection site with a cottonball soaked in alcohol, then heat the needle until its red hot on the pointy half... use the cottonball to quench the heat and poke the site of inocculation...inject and you should be golden... make sure you shake the syringe for 5 minutes very vigorously before heating... and use no more than 2ccs per 4lbs of substrate...

I had avouded many contams using this method

OfflineAllAlone
Stranger
    #2623008 - 04/30/04 08:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Is it safe to eat mushrooms grown from a contaminated mycelium? No, I'm NOT dumb enough to do so unless you reassure me it's OK, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does it? It's sad to see the money and time spent all go to waste just like that. I'm impatient for a significant psychedelic experience. (I wish I knew where I could buy drugs off the black market, except that I have no clue how to even go about finding the black market!)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2623040 - 04/30/04 08:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

NO don't eat shrooms that have been with contam's
Forget the black market-- its black for a reson
Be patience Learn the pf tek best simple and Safe
:goodluck:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2623049 - 04/30/04 08:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have eaten from a cake that was maybe 3% green mold but I wouldnt recomend doing this to anyone... I'm not aware of any pathogen testing that had been done regarding it...

as for your impatience... dont be, psychedelics/psychotropics are quite powerful, they arent for everyone... some people are eager and discover that it wasnt what they were hoping for... most enjoy it though...

and be aware that this is not a good place to try and score a hookup, most people are hobby growers/researchers and look down on dealing.. publicly and privately...

OfflinemrTtheH
Micro Bio

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2623080 - 04/30/04 09:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

dont ever eat anything that is questionable.. getting very sick or death... is not worth it... get/grow some more and be patient

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

"Human beings, the potentially highest form of life expression on this planet have built the vast pharmaceutical industry for the central purpose of poisoning the lowest form of life on the planet--germs!"--Dr. Richard Murray

OfflineNoG
journeyman

#2623084 - 04/30/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:confused:

you have no idea how much of a loser you sound to me.
=============================
organic============snythetic
Natural============Not       
:mushroom2: ==============LSD
=============================
black market that just screams loser this is a mushroom cultivation forum not *find some kidy drugs* go to your room before i send you to bed kido.

repeat after me NoGs nice he just doesnt want fools linking drugs with mushroom cultivation.

Later NoG

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to prevent contaminations in spawn bags? [Re: NoG]
    #2623091 - 04/30/04 09:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

come on... lets not start flameing him... I'd let him know already

he's new and really isnt aware of everything yet... thry showing the same patience with people as you do with mycelium...

OfflinemrTtheH
Micro Bio

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: How to prevent contaminations in spawn bags? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2623133 - 04/30/04 09:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i would feel better being harsh on someone about not eating anything questionable... no need for someone to die or get sick.. <-- just my opinion

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

"Human beings, the potentially highest form of life expression on this planet have built the vast pharmaceutical industry for the central purpose of poisoning the lowest form of life on the planet--germs!"--Dr. Richard Murray

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to prevent contaminations in spawn bags? [Re: mrTtheH]
    #2623155 - 04/30/04 09:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

my comment was in regard to the drug hookup issue... he wasnt asking and I was letting him know ahead of time what to expect... being hard on him out of safety reasons is more than reasonable.. it's his life on the line and he may not be aware of it...

I wont open a contamed item in my home... lab only... and then its not with out a resperator... some molds are a serious danger to be in contact with...one of the vendors discovered that while remodeling his bathroom

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation