Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesayt1397
sayt1397
Female

Loc: Statesboro, Ga.
Bad trip with demons...advice
    #2622216 - 04/30/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, the other night me and my boyfriend tripped in my appartment and he had a bad trip. He's only tripped a few times and never really hard but this time he ate more and had a horribly scary trip. He was freaking out because every where he looked he would see demon faces flash. He said it was like something out of the excorcist. I love to trip and now he never wants to do it again. I had a bad trip once before but it ended up great after a while and I never saw demons. Is this normal? Will it happen if he does it again? Is there something we can do to prevent it so that he will trip again without being afraid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Bad trip with demons...advice [Re: sayt1397]
    #2622307 - 04/30/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

a bad trip might be a sign of some deeper problems, or it might just be that he let himself get hung up on a bad thought and didn't know the proper ways of dealing with it. All you can really do is be supportive of him and talk to him. Don't pressure him into shrooms, let him learn from the experience and respect his decisions. It will happen again if he thinks it will happen again. Bad trips are normal, but usually the user has induced it. Have him meditate, be supportive of him, have someone there who isn't trippin balls to be a ground to reality.

however, if you're just lookin for some guy to trip with, gimme a holla :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2622314 - 04/30/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

A bad trip can always happen; especially if you are somewhat unexperienced and tend to eat heroic amounts.

And I'm sure it's kind of hard to focus on something else if you see demon faces everywhere :frown:

My advice:
-Don't try and convince him that it was nothing, try and graduatly point out that bad trips can happen, but it's something you have to learn from.
-Try to tell him to really prepare the set and setting, both from external point of view (maybe try tripping in the garden, in nature, instead of dark rooms) and internal (to forget about demons, and concentrate on having fun)
-There is always a chance that he will see demons again; the mind tends to remember shit like that :wink: So when it happens again, try to have some back-up; a happy song, a colorful poster without dark colors...

Good luck! :smile:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Offlinesayt1397
sayt1397
Female

Re: Bad trip with demons...advice [Re: boeha]
    #2622337 - 04/30/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

so, you think that if he can do it in a better environment then, he won't have a bad trip? He wants to do it again, if we can find out why and change it.
Thanks for the advice, anyone have any advice on how to have a really pos. trip outdoors?

jux, anytime. :smile:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2622389 - 04/30/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

OOHOHOHOHOHH, If you go outdoors, you HAVE to watch the sunset. There are few things as beautiful as a sunset on shrooms.

Anyway, bad trips can ALWAYS happen, but the environment helps. Happy music, vibrant colors, a calm soothing voice, a warm fuzzy rug, even a nice hug, can go far to making it a better setting. But the most important factor is himself. He has to be in the right state of mind. He should meditate before hand and deal with any issues that are troubling him before tripping. Also, he has to learn how to control his own thoughts, even when tripping balls. If he is freaking out, he needs to learn to take responsibility for improving the situation. You can deffinitely help him with that, but he needs to learn how to control his own thoughts.

--------------------

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2622399 - 04/30/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sayt1397 said:
so, you think that if he can do it in a better environment then, he won't have a bad trip? He wants to do it again, if we can find out why and change it.
Thanks for the advice, anyone have any advice on how to have a really pos. trip outdoors?
jux, anytime. :smile:

Just make sure that you are in a safe place; you don't wanna go to a public park thinkin' everybody is lookin' at you.

Just try a sunny or cloudy day (any day is good for trippin' you see); and if there aren't any freaky objects around in the garden/environment, I doubt he'll see demon faces again you know.

And don't try and think that there is something terribly wrong, a bad trip can easily happen. I once totally freaked out because somebody came knocking on my door. Those things do happen, and I believe the majority are coincidences, and a minority serious mental problems.

Just try to have a relaxin' time!

Oh yeah, I forgot; if it should happen again, and cause serious problems; try putting on a funny video or so; because a bad trip can also easily be reverted into a good one by using simple comedy/laughter :smile:

--------------------

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2622405 - 04/30/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

a bad trip might be a sign of some deeper problems
I agree.  Folks with mental health concerns should avoid psychedelics because a bad trip is usually inevitable (although there are possible exceptions...I guess).  If you somehow convince him to trip again, make it a much lower dose.  You may need to lie about the dose to keep his ego intact.

Good Luck  :cheers:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Offlinesayt1397
sayt1397
Female

Re: Bad trip with demons...advice [Re: Viaggio]
    #2622659 - 04/30/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

damn, u guys just make me realize that i wanna do it again right now.:) Well, thanks for all your help. Hopefully, it's not a sign of some deeper problems cuz that would be horrible but jux, when he was havin a bad trip, in addition to seeing the demons he HATED my appartment. He said it was so dark and ugly and I was trying to teach him (coach him) to fixing it like seeing it brighter and bigger and differently (cuz thats what i had to do once when i had a bad trip) but it didn't really work. I think he got caught up in and forgot that it wasn't reality. I've never done it outside before except once when i watched the sunrise from my front porch. I just don't think I can think of a pretty enough place around here where we could go and not be bothered. What do ya'll do to get away?

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2622708 - 04/30/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Must go to nature...

Find a big park or a national forest, there is plenty of places you can sneak to! Find one!

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2622747 - 04/30/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'd definitely considering going out with nature.  I'm sure she'll dazzle the both of you in ways you might not have ever imagined possible :smile:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2622782 - 04/30/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm lucky enough to have some very beautiful places where I live, Saguaro National Park, Reddington Pass, Seven Falls (beautiful right after the rain). I'm sure you can find some sort of National park, sorry, I'm not really familiar with SC, but national parks can be great since you can lose yourself from everyone else and just enjoy.

but, yeah, sounds like he just needs to get out of your apartment, :lol:

--------------------

Offlinesayt1397
sayt1397
Female

Re: Bad trip with demons...advice [Re: jux]
    #2622813 - 04/30/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah appt is not very trip friendly its boring and dirty. i dont even like to trip here. what do u think about going to an art gallery? anyone ever done that. theres one near me and i was thinkin about trippin and going there...maybe not private enough i dont know. what do you think?!

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2623221 - 04/30/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

art galleries can be fun if you don't think he'll freak out in public

--------------------

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2623348 - 04/30/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yah trip in the mountains, picknik

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2623546 - 04/30/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I believe going into a trip believing it will be good will make it good. Make sure he doesn't go into trip thinking he is going to see demons again.

--------------------

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Bad trip with demons...advice [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #2624818 - 05/01/04 07:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I can relate to the fact that it's hard to find a place where there are no other people.

Maybe you need to redecorate your appartment;
out of my experience; whenever I don't do this, the trip gets shitty.

The key is sheets, drapes, pillows...
Anything with nice colors; try to cover every peace of concrete wall.
Find this guy: http://www.ibizaqueenvictoria.com/photoshosting/hippie_market_punta_arabi_photo_ibiza_9.jpg

If the appartment is dirty/ugly, try to make it comfortable and warm.

--------------------

OfflineFrankieN
Stranger

#2624913 - 05/01/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If he's nervous at all about a bad trip, he should try taking a really small dose. I've had some great experiences just eating small amounts, and it cam really change how you think about shrooms.

OfflineL05t_N_G0n3
Professional

Loc: Indiana
Re: Bad trip with demons...advice [Re: FrankieN]
    #4759796 - 10/05/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

A bad trip usually means that either the person is too deep into thought, or too worried about tripping. if one worries about the trip he/she is about to expeirence, then most likely it will end up a bad trip. the only thing you can do is not worry about it. relax and have a good time. a clear mind helps also. but, my opinion, yes trip again. its not bad everytime and who knows, his next trip may be the best trip hes ever had.

OfflineL05t_N_G0n3
Professional

Loc: Indiana
Re: Bad trip with demons...advice [Re: L05t_N_G0n3]
    #4759807 - 10/05/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

wow if you tripped in an art gallery, that would have to be great. can you imagine. just thinkin about it makes me want to. thats a great idea as long as you could control yourself ya know.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #4759812 - 10/05/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ahhh the wretched demon faces...

nothing worse then the demon faces.. 

:bitch:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom