Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Spawn Bags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
Loc: SoCal
All American 75x tips & tricks compilation * 1
    #26224455 - 10/02/19 11:59 AM (1 year, 23 days ago)

I recently bought an All American 75x, read the manual, but found several mush-specific tips scattered all over. I want to make a compilation of all the tips & tricks in one place.  This is what I’ve found so far. Please post any other nuggets of wisdom you may know, and I’ll edit my list.

1. Plug it into an electrical timer. The onboard timer does not auto shut off the unit. The 120v pulls 13.75 amps, make sure the timer is rated for that. I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MVDTEXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. But beware of using this if you live with lots of dust and pets.  Someone told me theirs got gummed up with debris, so they have to use a digital model.

2. With room temp water, it takes about 90 minutes to heat and push enough steam to close the valve. Close it only after 10 minutes of steam steadily escaping. Do not do second vent as described in the manual. You can speed up the process by pre-boiling water on the stove. Once you close the valve, set the timer for 4 hours. Takes about an hour to get up to pressure, then about 3 hours run time. Once you find the number on the heat settings that keeps pressure in the sweet spot, there’s no need to ever move it. Just leave it on that number during warm up and everything. Cranking the heat to 10 will not make it heat up any faster. https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25813046#25813046

3. If you run it without the inner basket, you may remove the flex tube...or not. It's not a critical point, but it can only help. Bod completely removed his tube from the toggle valve so it vents like a normal pressure cooker. LotKid just lays his tube across whatever is in his 75x. Stareatclouds (Star Eat Clouds? :grin:) has two, one with tube, one without, and both work.  However, if you don't remove it, you MUST position the tube so the opening is at the top of the unit. I decided to remove mine based on Bod's input. At 4:05 in this video, they also say they removed their tube without any side effects:

3. Loading without the insert. See pics from LotKid below. He loads 9 bags directly on the support stand, no rack, no spacers. Note this is contrary to RR’s advice to use spacers between all substrate and walls (https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/14843955). But LotKid runs two 75s several days a week and grows massive bulk, so if he’s doing it, I can do it.

4. Need an extension cord? Get a #12 guage: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/13548358

5. How to adjust thermostat: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24273886

6. This is a good general operation video (ignore 2nd vent part):

Edit: Changed the list.

Edited by badsponge (10/08/19 02:09 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi! Flag
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: badsponge]
    #26224512 - 10/02/19 12:21 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

great thread! tagging in early and marking as fave lol :rockon:

want to start with my concern, what about the vacuum tho? with no flowhood, how to reduce risk of contam when breaking vacuum- or does the vacuum pulled gradually release over say 24hrs? versus my worry it will hold forever (or days and days)...

to mitigate this I was looking at the AA75x vacuum breaker tek:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18556648

don't want to modify though if it degrades sterilizer performance at all so hoping for good responses on this.

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: TeaforTwo]
    #26224536 - 10/02/19 12:29 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

Vacuum doesn't hold for days. I usually start mine late afternoon, finishes around bedtime, I open it next afternoon, no vacuum. I've never tried opening it sooner, so I wouldn't know about breaking the vacuum.

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: TeaforTwo] * 1
    #26224563 - 10/02/19 12:46 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

There's no problem with opening the stop cock once the gauge reaches zero psi to unload. Why are you worried about vacuum?

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi!
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: p9hu7]
    #26224698 - 10/02/19 01:47 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

hey badsponge, we had interacted this topic recently (I pinged you in new tools thread, iirc, you told me the same then;). I may be mixing up early reading up on on the 75, thinking now the vacuum for days may have been from those converting their regular AA PCs to be (non-electric) sterilizers using the control valve and blowout plug 75x replacement parts. idk, time for me to stop stressin about it tho lol

p9hu7, my plan is to open valve at 0 psi and continue to cool in place. concerns over that babysit part, and that I miss the 0psi moment- then vacuum pulls, then to break vacuum it has to re-pressurize pulling in 'dirty' air. I may be thinking about it wrong though... yah, i'm all mixed up about this dang beautiful thing lol! more experience than my hasty test run is needed and for sure gonna happen in the coming weeks... just trying to avoid stoopid mistakes as i've been getting hung up on some cult things not so clear yet to me.

When you run the 75x do you open valve when cook time is complete or wait/watch it until it has naturally cooled and dropped to 0psi?

if cooling in place and no vacuum remains, say 12-24 hours after 75 is flipped off as badsponge is assuring, then that is what I'll do. seems best bet until I'm ready willing or able to do more than one load a day.

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26224730 - 10/02/19 02:03 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

Quote:

TeaforTwo said:
When you run the 75x do you open valve when cook time is complete or wait/watch it until it has naturally cooled and dropped to 0psi?

Leave it closed

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26224736 - 10/02/19 02:06 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

Cool post. I love it when someone takes a step toward making the info on the site more accessible for noobs and a little less confusing. thanks

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26224740 - 10/02/19 02:08 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

Wait until the unit naturally falls to zero before opening the sterilizer. You can let your jars/bags/whatever sit in there for a while but why bother.

Your jars/bags/whatever are protected from the external environment via filters, so don't worry about contamination via removal from PC. Many of us run cycles back to back and let our jars/bags cool either in front of a hood or on any old shelf, depends on the situation and how soon you'd like to use them.

Keep the foil on the lids until use
(it doesn't really matter though)

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26224764 - 10/02/19 02:17 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:
Cool post. I love it when someone takes a step toward making the info on the site more accessible for noobs and a little less confusing. thanks

Thanks! I owe all my success to Shroomery. But info on some topics scattered all over, so I hope to contribute back to the community that has helped me so much.

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26224770 - 10/02/19 02:18 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

That's the spirit

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
    #26224853 - 10/02/19 02:53 PM (1 year, 23 days ago)

thanks for clarifying that p9, and again badsponge. it is what I will do. now to find some more aa75x threads to add here, good lookin out badsponge, this is helpful!

--------------------

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
    #26227495 - 10/03/19 03:48 PM (1 year, 22 days ago)

Quote:

badsponge said:
7. Remove the air tube? At 4:05 in this video, they say they completely removed the air tube. But they give no explanation why. Is this really a good idea?

what I think I know about the "air exhaust tube" on the AA75x and 25x. it is separate from the control valve and can be completely removed or bundle it up and secure at top/nearest lid. One or the other needs to be done if you run your sterilizer without the insert (aluminum inner container) since its purpose is to help remove air from the bottom of the insert where it may be trapped.

Couple notes from the manual. I do plan to use the inner container with the rack on the inner container's bottom, as designed. the aluminum "rack" is the one with holes, not the "support stand" which is wire grate that goes underneath the insert/inner container to keep it at/above the water line.

Feed the air exhaust tube into the channel for it on the inner container, the channel should be positioned towards the right handle (of the sterilizer), this also puts the inner container right handle at the lid index alignment arrow ensuring good position to guide tube into channel as you place lid on and turn to align on the index arrow before tightening down the wing nuts.

again, if never using the inner container I think it better to just remove the exhaust tube.

The manual also states to remove the air exhaust tube once a month and test for unrestricted flow by blowing air through it and cleaning it out with long wire pushed through.

searched for posts mentioning remove (or coil up) the vent tube/air exhaust tube and got some good hits from TCs and regulars posted below:

Quote:

RogerRabbit Re: getting an all american pc!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20/04/2009 18:44 (10 years, 5 months ago)

Make sure you route the tube from the toggle valve down the slot in the insert, and let it vent for five to ten minutes before using.  If you're using it without the sleeve, be sure to unscrew the tubing from the vent.  If it's hanging down low and you don't use the insert, you'll have an air pocket on top and sterilization won't be complete.

Quote:

RogerRabbit Re: PC/Sterilizer Question. Can I Guarantee Spore Death? 26/05/2011 20:17 (8 years, 4 months ago)

Zangarmarsh said:
    My setup is this, inside the AA921 I have an aluminum cooking pot slightly smaller then the PC, I use this to keep my bags out of the water.  I take a damp towel and place it over the mouth of the PC, I place the (2) 5 quart bags down inside the towel,  I tuck the loose towel between the bag and cooking pot to sinch the bags in nice and tight, so they don't expand during the cook.  I don't use spacers.
----

This is your problem.  Get rid of the cooking pot and you'll have complete sterilization.  The steam isn't penetrating down into the pot.

An AA sterilizer comes with an insert, but it also has a steel tube from the exhaust vent on the lid(toggle valve), down to the bottom of the insert.  This causes steam to rise up along the outside edge of the insert, then to flow over the top and all the way to the bottom of the insert, where it enters the tube and escapes.  This ensures all the air gets out.  In your setup at 15 psi, you're essentially using the PC as an oven at 250F, and we all know that won't work.

In addition, use spacers between each and every substrate.  It greatly reduces the amount of distance the heat must travel by conduction through the substrate material.
RR

Quote:

RogerRabbit  Re: Loading an AA 75x ? 29/07/2011 13:28 (8 years, 2 months ago)

If you remove the insert, be sure to coil up the flex tube from the toggle valve so it vents from the top of the unit rather than down low. RR

Quote:

Pastywhyte  Re: How to Safely Upgrade your All American pc 26/08/2015 11:46 (4 years, 1 month ago)

Well said juiceh. I would only add that if you decide to run the sterilizer without the basket you simply need to tie the tube up to the top. Just coil it up and zip tie or wire it up. The reason its removed or tied up is because its design is to exhaust the air in the bottom of the basket or liner which allows the liner to fill with steam as the air is displaced. When you run It without the liner the steam collects in the bottom and if left down the exhaust tube will vent your steam instead of the air.

Quote:

bodhisatta Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Crispykoot] 18/05/2019 07:42 (4 months, 14 days ago)

Crispykoot said: Bod what are your thoughts on the vent tube attached to the stopcock on the 75X? I still have mine on but I make sure it sits at the top of the sterilizer when venting.It seems too restrictive. Have you removed yours?
----

I removed mine. it is restrictive. I think it's probably helpful if you use the insert basket since air collects at the bottom and the steam would have a hard time displacing it from an basket insert. but without the basket despite air collecting at the bottom I think in 10m with the boil there's enough turbulence and steam produced to displace all the air. and the maximum registration thermometer I have seems to validate that fact.

I'll edit to add more significant quotes on it, however, TC consensus over this past decade of samples appears to be remove the air exhaust tube or coil and tie near top/lid, if not using the inner container.

--------------------

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26229853 - 10/04/19 05:33 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

Damn TeaforTwo, you do some good homework! I searched for posts about the 75x and didn't see these. I made some edits to the list based on these posts.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26229869 - 10/04/19 05:38 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

#2.

Air tends to be trapped at the bottom hence the tube to evacuate the air. The last thing you want is it coiled up top. Remove it entirely so it vents like a normal pressure cooker. The coiled up hose at the top will only make it even harder to properly vent and get the air out. If you're leaving it on it should hang as intended into the bottom of the insert basket. Most of us don't use the basket so i would strongly recommend that you just remove the hose entirely

--------------------
police violence is no accident
ACAB
There's two kinds of people. Those who have had a bad interaction with cops and those who haven't got their turn

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26229889 - 10/04/19 05:44 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
#2.

Air tends to be trapped at the bottom hence the tube to evacuate the air. The last thing you want is it coiled up top. Remove it entirely so it vents like a normal pressure cooker. The coiled up hose at the top will only make it even harder to properly vent and get the air out. If you're leaving it on it should hang as intended into the bottom of the insert basket. Most of us don't use the basket so i would strongly recommend that you just remove the hose entirely

Edited! When you run yours do you put bags directly on the wire support stand? Or the round rack on the stand?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26229891 - 10/04/19 05:46 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

Ive only used jars. And i have a 25x not a 75x

I would probably not put bags on the rack directly

--------------------
ACAB
There's two kinds of people. Those who have had a bad interaction with cops and those who haven't got their turn

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26229906 - 10/04/19 05:49 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Yeah, I didn't think that was a good idea. I remember reading one of your old posts you were running a 100 jars/week and it was killing you. Why haven't you switched to bags? I was running maybe 20 jars/week and hating it :laugh:. I love bags so much more.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26229921 - 10/04/19 05:54 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

I did that many jars for a few months. Then i moved. My friend got out of jail again and wanted to make it a two person operation. He dicked up a bunch of grows and I moved to a different house and did a little growing then took a hiatus. And im still on growing hiatus for now. If i pick back up its going to be small time again. I don't need pounds. When you have that much there is really only one thing you're doing with them which is getting rid of them and im at a point in my life where the only ones i need to grow are for me.

If my buddy had actually succeeded id probably be working with him and bags would be getting done. He was very old school and his ideas fucked him in the ass hard.
Best part he told me when he grew in the late 90s early 00s that he lost 50% or more of everything he did at every step. Lost 50% of spawn jars and then with the "good ones" lost 50% of his tubs. So idk why he wasn't really open to keeping a good thing going. When he went off to jail i took over his apartment and his rent for almost a whole year so it would be there when he got back. And that whole time it was more than easy enough to not have to spend anything out of pocket to keep both places.

--------------------
ACAB

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
    #26229979 - 10/04/19 06:18 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

yah, removing air exhaust tube if not using the liner really does make more sense to me after thinking about it (and a lesson I learned on a test run last night!

Posted about my sterile fail test in True confessions and What have you learned today threads and is largely unrelated to this thread, however thought I'd share about what I learned. and that is...

Trapped air sucks! lol

ran a dozen empty qt jars in the 75 for 1 hour at 21PSI/259F, original two piece lids, no holes drilled, and forgot to flip the inner lid, which led to the jars sucking lid down to a vacuum seal. I had placed autoclave tape on the outside of 3 jars (all good) and inside 3 jars- which all 3 failed to change to black stripes. The air trapped inside the jars obviously failed to hit 250F which is the temp required to change tape color.

so ya, not really if, but when I outgrow wanting the to use the inner container (insert/liner thing) I will be removing that damn vent tube- no way I want to learn after many fails to grow all boil down to trapped air in PC and that coiled up tube would not be efficient at all in helping remove air from sterilizer without inner container!

--------------------

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26229981 - 10/04/19 06:19 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

Damn Bod...interesting times. 50% loss at every step?! Shiiiit :eek:

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26230391 - 10/04/19 09:36 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
When he went off to jail i took over his apartment and his rent for almost a whole year so it would be there when he got back

Absolutely solid. The world lacks men with old school ideals, much respect.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26230485 - 10/04/19 10:09 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

ACAB :thumbup:

--------------------
ACAB

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26230662 - 10/04/19 11:35 PM (1 year, 21 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

I just melted 2 bags like this the other night. I swear I had enough water in there, too. Probably use the liner from now on.

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: stareatclouds]
    #26232468 - 10/05/19 10:00 PM (1 year, 20 days ago)

Quote:

stareatclouds said:
I just melted 2 bags like this the other night. I swear I had enough water in there, too. Probably use the liner from now on.

But RR says he can fit 4 bags in his without the liner. How does he do it?

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26232573 - 10/05/19 11:06 PM (1 year, 20 days ago)

My 25x is old and used from CL. The stopcock was initially leaking a bit when I first used it, but I tightened it and seemed to have fixed it. Beyond that, I've only used my sterilizers maybe 10 times or so (successfully with bags, though, including in the liner).

It's possible I'm underestimating how much water is lost during the heat up and venting, or maybe I'm just starting with less than I should have, or both. Or perhaps the stopcock was leaking again when I wasn't around. But I'm sure it's a water issue which adds a mark to the "user error" category either way.

InvisibleGypsyCurse

#26232583 - 10/05/19 11:17 PM (1 year, 20 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

:yess:

--------------------
~The Gypsy Den~

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: GypsyCurse]
    #26233165 - 10/06/19 11:18 AM (1 year, 19 days ago)

Quote:

GypsyCurse said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

:yess:

Professional life ruiners, fuck the police.

@stare were they melted to the sides or the bottom?

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26233398 - 10/06/19 01:41 PM (1 year, 19 days ago)

The bottom, for sure. The rack melted lines through the bag.

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26234238 - 10/06/19 11:01 PM (1 year, 19 days ago)

Quote:

stareatclouds said:
The bottom, for sure. The rack melted lines through the bag.

I'm running on little sleep these days. While I am quite sure I've gotten away without it, I definitely should've set the trivet on the rack for bags. :facepalm:

Going to unscrew the air exhaust tube tonight in one of them. Edit: That didn't unscrew at all, but I ripped it off with needle nose pliers, so whatever.

Edited by stareatclouds (10/06/19 11:43 PM)

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #26234371 - 10/07/19 12:30 AM (1 year, 19 days ago)

Do NOT remove the vent tube!!! I run 2 75x multiple days out of the week with both bags and jars. I just lay the vent tube across the top of whatever is in the sterilzer. I can fit 9 1 gallon spawn bags without the basket insert. The vent tube is NOT restrictive. All that malarky about removing the tube is a complete load of horse shit. Sometimes i do use the insert basket for things and if you use that you want the vent tube. The vent tube is NOT easily removeable.

Don't break your expensive equipment. Especically if doesn't make a fucking difference.

And i'm posting this info now with methods i'm currently using... not 8-10 years ago...

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
Grain Strainer

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: LotKid]
    #26234660 - 10/07/19 06:51 AM (1 year, 18 days ago)

It unscrews. Aka extremely easy to take out. If you tie it up all the air has to find its way to the entrance of the vent tube to get evacuated. I know you don't like me but it's retarded to leave it in. You can prove that with an autoclave safe thermometer.

Quote:

LotKid said:
The vent tube is NOT easily removeable.

Don't break your expensive equipment. Especically if doesn't make a fucking difference.

Don't make shit up to try to prove me wrong. Unless you don't know how to use a wrench it's easily removable.

Ill take a picture later to show

http://www.allamericancanner.com/All-American-Sterlizer-Parts.htm

All American Sterilizer 2155-15 Air Exhaust Tube
Fits All American Sterilizer model: 1915X
OpcAA215515
$23.99
Over priced but you get the idea. It threads on and off.

--------------------
ACAB

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26234826 - 10/07/19 09:57 AM (1 year, 18 days ago)

A while back I'd researched and found both people saying it easily unscrews, as well as folks claiming the opposite, IIRC. I just chalked it up to the age of the equipment. I used a crescent wrench and it wouldn't budge. I tried needle nose pliers to carefully turn it and it split in half. It's an old unit I got used. Definitely knew you could replace it so I wasn't super concerned. And I have another 25x with the exhaust tube in there so I can use the basket if I need to (which I probably won't).

I previously did use it with the tube taped to the lid and it did restrict me. A lot of loads wouldn't close with 3 jars on top of the 7 so I had to go 9. I'm cool without the exhaust tube on 1 of my 2 units. :undecided:

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235206 - 10/07/19 01:17 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

According to stare's post it wasn't easily removable and he broke his equipment...

It's easy to prove you wrong bod when you so often are... just saying...

How about you stick to the aspects you know bud. When you actually grow some bulk shrooms then get back to me homie...

I don't reccommend coiling the tube at all. I don't. I lay the tube across the top of the bags or jars in the direction of the pressure gauge to keep the tube up high but as straight as possible.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
Grain Strainer

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26235250 - 10/07/19 01:37 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
I don't reccommend coiling the tube at all. I don't. I lay the tube across the top of the bags or jars in the direction of the pressure gauge to keep the tube up high but as straight as possible.

Do you run it without the insert? Can you tell me specifically how you pack it? I can fit 3 bags in the insert, but RR says he loads 4 bags without the insert. As long as I use spacers to keep bags from touching the walls, is that all I need to worry about? I'm nervous about doing something stupid running without the insert.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235550 - 10/07/19 03:41 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

I get 9 full 1 gallon spawn bags into a 75x. On the metal rack that came with it. No insert. No trivet. No spacers. .02 micron bags. Pre sealed with a 5mm wide seal on each...

--------------------

Grain Strainer

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26235570 - 10/07/19 03:51 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Damn, thanks for that. I thought the bags would melt if they touched the sides. I've seen some videos saying spacers are necessary to allow steam to flow around the bags for even heat distribution. But you don't, so...huh. How long do you run a cycle?

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235614 - 10/07/19 04:06 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

I have them on timers. Takes about 90 min for them to push enough steam to drop the stop cocks. Then timers are set for 4 hrs. Takes about an hour to get up to pressure then about 3hrs of run time. Once you find the number on the heat settings that keeps pressure in the sweet spot... no need to move it. Just leave it on that number during warm up and everything. Cranking the heat to 10 will not make it heat up any faster. Trust me...

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235618 - 10/07/19 04:08 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
It unscrews. Aka extremely easy to take out.

Pay attention kids... this is the difference between advice coming from actual hands on experience vs assumptions...

Stick to what ya know, dawg!

Anybody have any questions for him about yeast?

--------------------

Grain Strainer

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26235632 - 10/07/19 04:12 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Hot damn, this is exactly the kind of first hand info I was looking for! Yeah, I already know 6.5 is my sweet spot. Thank you so much, I'll update my list soon.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235646 - 10/07/19 04:20 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

And somewhere i read that he's currently not growing at all right now, either. So... just consider the source of info is all i'm saying.

I've got an ego problem like a motherfucker but at least i recognize it and try to take steps to combat it...

And when i'm not well versed on an aspect of this hobby i keep my not knowing ass out of it...

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #26235851 - 10/07/19 05:32 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Do you want all the air to try to have to find the entrance to that tube hanging somewhere. Or a hole in the top of a smooth domed lid with less restrictions as well.

Quote:

LotKid said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

And somewhere i read that he's currently not growing at all right now, either. So... just consider the source of info is all i'm saying.

I've got an ego problem like a motherfucker but at least i recognize it and try to take steps to combat it...

And when i'm not well versed on an aspect of this hobby i keep my not knowing ass out of it...

By your reasoning a lot of people are wrong just because they're not growing at the moment. Being a TC is more than skills it's attitude too. I'd watch yours.

It takes a 11/16 wrench or socket. You don't even need a deep socket if you take your toggle apart a short socket will fit. Or use the wrench.

If that's difficult I don't think you should be using a sterilizer in the first place. Ever heard "can't turn a wrench"

--------------------
ACAB

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235885 - 10/07/19 05:49 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Could it be that we just have different models with different parts and there's nothing to argue about at all?  I have one chilling in the lab. I'll go see what's up with mine. back in a second

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235898 - 10/07/19 05:57 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

While my tube was very old and brittle, I absolutely broke it by being a dumbass. I thought I'd read that it was supposed to unscrew on the underside, heh. In that big thread on converting PCs to sterilizers, fools had broken/stripped threading on their stopcocks removing the top. Mine was already loose/ill fitting and leaking on the first runs so I didn't want to fuck with it. Combine that with me thinking it unscrewed on the bottom and I'm a dingbat.

Anyway, I just unscrewed the stopcock on the other, better conditioned unit with the newer exhaust tube. Looks like I might need a vice or something to unscrew the valve from the stopcock now? Edit: I can just screw it back in and put the wrench on the stopcock portion.

Okay, got them separated. So just the stopcock goes back in? The tube definitely doesn't unscrew? Edit #2: Yeah, if you turn it, the coil gets tighter and it shrinks to the point you can see a space through it. But it doesn't seem to unscrew.

Put the stopcock back on, tightened it down fairly close to the base and I reckon I'm good to go now.

Edit 3:

"Simply remove the air exhaust tube from the control valve on the bottom of the sterilizer cover."

This is the shit that confused me as it reads like they're describing where to go to begin the removal, not just iterating where the tube is located.

Edited by stareatclouds (10/07/19 06:35 PM)

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26235938 - 10/07/19 06:23 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Do you want all the air to try to have to find the entrance to that tube hanging somewhere. Or a hole in the top of a smooth domed lid with less restrictions as well.

Sorry if I'm overthinking this. I just don't want to do something stupid with a huge pressurized bomb. I got plenty of wrenches and know how to turn em. Do you think it's safe to remove the tube AND run it WITH the insert? That's the only reason I'm hesitating, is for the times I only sterilize a small load and might as well use the insert. If it's all the same, I'll just remove it. I've rebuilt engines, I can remove a tube :grin:

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235947 - 10/07/19 06:28 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

well, that's how MY vent tube came off. It was pretty easy but did require the use of not one but two wrenches.

I feel like a lot of arguments in life arise from simply not seeing both sides of a thing clearly. I'm guessing we don't all have the exact same situation going on.

Anywho, that's how MINE works

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26235967 - 10/07/19 06:38 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

That's what I was talking about when I thought I'd need a vice or something. For anyone else trying who doesn't have extra wrenches or vice grips, I just tightened it down into the original threading so it was snug enough to act like another wrench holding it.

InvisiblePastywhyteM
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26236042 - 10/07/19 07:21 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

AA changed their stopcocks a few years back. Seems like the new assembly is different including the vent tube. I’m actually not looking forward to having to replace mine as from what I’ve heard the old style was better.

Also I tied my tube up with a zip tie when I didn’t run with the liner. I don’t think it hurt anything.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26236056 - 10/07/19 07:28 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Being a TC is more than skills it's attitude too. I'd watch yours.

:fuckyou:

Maybe i wouldnt have the attitude if you didnt always present yourself in typical condesending dismissive bod fashion...

Edited by LotKid (10/07/19 07:38 PM)

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26236071 - 10/07/19 07:38 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Ours (new 75) appears to require removing the control valve to get it out. Not to be anal about it, 22yrs of preventative maintenance checks and services and technical manual deciphering and all :rolleyes:, I couldn't help but notice AA recommends removing the vent tube monthly to check for restricted flow- which doesn't sound like a great idea when having to double wrench it.

I had planned to remove it every 6 months tho, waste of time?

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26236081 - 10/07/19 07:41 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Waste of time and possible waste of money if you break it...

Get long pipe cleaners if youre worried.

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26236096 - 10/07/19 07:45 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

Oh, and bod... why does my toggle look completely different from yours? What you just posted doesn't work for my model... says I and the noob reading this trying to figure shit out.

There is a universe outside of the one youre experiencing...

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26236120 - 10/07/19 07:59 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

It's not rocket science on the other models or parts either

Would you attach a tube to the inside of a presto coming from the vent port. Do you think that might hurt venting performance

--------------------
ACAB

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
    #26236136 - 10/07/19 08:04 PM (1 year, 18 days ago)

yah, not the safe harbor i need this ship to sail out on lol. Thanks Lotkid, we'll leave it and run some my long stem pipe cleaners thru it occasionally for a check.

suppose if this sucker start building pressure with control valve still open will also be a good sign it may be high time to check/replace it.
not gonna sweat it tho :jah:

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26237326 - 10/08/19 11:32 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Would you attach a tube to the inside of a presto coming from the vent port. Do you think that might hurt venting performance

:lolwut:

I don't use prestos and if i did why would i attach a piece if equipment that the pc didn't come with? This hypothetical scenario you came up with has no value or merit in this convo.

I'm gonna say this... even tho the vent tube is removeable... its an erroneous step that needs not to be done. Spend the time it would take you removing that tube and do something else more useful with your time. Like prepping grain.

--------------------

Grain Strainer

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26237365 - 10/08/19 11:49 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

TeaforTwo said:
22yrs of preventative maintenance checks and services and technical manual deciphering and all :rolleyes:

FUCK PMCS!!! :mad2::laugh: I was in for 6 years Reserves, so after basic and AIT, I only had to deal with that shit for 4 years. I can't imagine 22! :crazy2:

So the takeaway I get from all of this is it doesn't fucking matter. Bod removed his and it works. LotKid doesn't remove his and it works. Stareatclouds (Star Eat Clouds? :grin:) has two, one with, one without, and both work. Case closed!

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26237611 - 10/08/19 01:18 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

It doesn't matter but can only help ventilation. Tubes and bends are restrictive to all fluids(air). Not only that but the tube makes the spot which gas can evacuate a floating point inside the sterilization vessel making it easier to trap air bubbles. It's not hard to remove and the manual suggests removing it as part of preventative maintenance. You remove it once you're never spending time on it again and shortening your vent times for every time thereafter.

Like the thought experiment with the presto. Just imagine adding an erroneous tube to the vent port on any pressure cooker, including an AA that had its one taken off. Do you think it would lower venting performance? Yes.

--------------------
ACAB

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26237625 - 10/08/19 01:24 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

TeaforTwo said:
yah, not the safe harbor i need this ship to sail out on lol. Thanks Lotkid, we'll leave it and run some my long stem pipe cleaners thru it occasionally for a check.

suppose if this sucker start building pressure with control valve still open will also be a good sign it may be high time to check/replace it.
not gonna sweat it tho :jah:

Just blow through it, dude.

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26237740 - 10/08/19 02:03 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
It doesn't matter but can only help ventilation. Tubes and bends are restrictive to all fluids(air). Not only that but the tube makes the spot which gas can evacuate a floating point inside the sterilization vessel making it easier to trap air bubbles. It's not hard to remove and the manual suggests removing it as part of preventative maintenance. You remove it once you're never spending time on it again and shortening your vent times for every time thereafter.

Oh yeah, those are all great points that are really obvious now, but I never thought of. That settles it for me. I'll remove it.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26237901 - 10/08/19 03:12 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

It works just fine either way. Mountains out of mole hills.

Show me proof that removing the tube actually shortens vent times. Removing the tube doesn't make the unit heat any faster which is the catalist for vent time...

Or are you just guessing? Like when you say that you wouldn't place bags directly on the rack inside the sterilzer but yet I do it all the time. That's you assuming. You admit that you don't run bags but yet you speak so first hand... which clearly isn't the case.

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26238032 - 10/08/19 04:07 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

I wouldn't and I don't are different :shrug:
Now you're grasping at strawmans

--------------------
ACAB

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
    #26238198 - 10/08/19 05:24 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

badsponge said:
Quote:

TeaforTwo said:
22yrs of preventative maintenance checks and services and technical manual deciphering and all :rolleyes:

FUCK PMCS!!! :mad2::laugh: I was in for 6 years Reserves, so after basic and AIT, I only had to deal with that shit for 4 years. I can't imagine 22! :crazy2:

still cant believe i said pmcs out loud...
:epicfacepalm:

I do imagine outgrowing the insert eventually and will likely remove vent tube then. for now it stays put and as is.

stareatclouds, not gonna pop brain vessels trying to blow through it while attached lol. rethinking my 6mo maintenance removal would be a good check to keep tho...

--------------------

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26238261 - 10/08/19 06:00 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Huh? If the vent is open, you should be able to blow through the tube without having to remove it.

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
    #26238274 - 10/08/19 06:06 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Quote:

stareatclouds said:
Huh? If the vent is open, you should be able to blow through the tube without having to remove it.

didnt think of that :facepalm3:

(works fine, and as expected :irishtoast:

--------------------

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: TeaforTwo] * 1
    #26238279 - 10/08/19 06:08 PM (1 year, 17 days ago)

Yep. I figure if you run your sterilizer often enough, you'll know either way, but a quick blow before each run is easier than removal and using wire brushes or whatever. Cheers to safety. :smile:

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: stareatclouds] * 1
    #26243964 - 10/11/19 04:29 AM (1 year, 14 days ago)

Hott damn!! I like the sound of quick blow before each run! Ha Cha Cha!... :rimshot:

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
    #26244312 - 10/11/19 09:31 AM (1 year, 14 days ago)

a quick blow...:mushroomtwirl:

ForTheWin!!

:winnersurprise:

:bearbreakdance: oh yeah....

lol

--------------------

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

Loc: In your MOM's poop shoot
    #26960362 - 09/29/20 03:53 PM (25 days, 12 hours ago)

I have an hour and a half to order, do i really need the stand wi5th my 75x? Do you guys use it or do something else?

Time sensitive, if you have a 75x please advise!

THX!

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: Funky Monkey]
    #26960381 - 09/29/20 04:04 PM (25 days, 11 hours ago)

Don't run it on something that heat will ruin. I built a little wooden stand for mine and it's def fucking it up. Even a couple two by fours under it would be fine. Just don't want to burn your counter or floor

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

#26960490 - 09/29/20 04:51 PM (25 days, 11 hours ago)

Cool thanks, apparently the system was down and they are gonna have to call me back tomorrow :/

I think I am gonna put it on some two bys mounted on a dolly so I can wheel it in and out on days it's too hot to do it in the room, and to wheel it to the flowhood table.

Thanks for the timely response brother!

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26961298 - 09/30/20 02:36 AM (25 days, 1 hour ago)

My pleasure. Also know that if you have the water level a little too high it'll pump out boiling water until it lowers the level. This can fuck things up as well.

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26961299 - 09/30/20 02:37 AM (25 days, 1 hour ago)

Also, and i'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, get a timer for that sucker and it'll change your life.

#FarmingRainbowsInYourSleep

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26971736 - 10/06/20 10:48 AM (18 days, 17 hours ago)

Does anyone else calibrate their 75x the way this guy does at what the fungus?
He adjusts the nut connected to the heat dial to turn the unit on and off between 16 and 20 psi. Skip to 6:45.

--------------------
Easy flowhood math template:mushroom2: Gourmet lab build:mushroom2:How I wrap an entire sleeve of plates

shrooms make you gay anyways

Two of a trade never agree

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26972042 - 10/06/20 02:05 PM (18 days, 13 hours ago)

I do not. Why not just use the dial provided? That's what it's for.

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26972337 - 10/06/20 04:57 PM (18 days, 11 hours ago)

Did you watch the video? because the video is pretty clear why one would do such a thing.

--------------------
Easy flowhood math template:mushroom2: Gourmet lab build:mushroom2:How I wrap an entire sleeve of plates

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26972347 - 10/06/20 05:03 PM (18 days, 10 hours ago)

The video guy is confused it seems. You can make it kick on and off at lower or higher temperatures with the dial. There is always a few psi between it kicking off or on.

--------------------
ACAB

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26972355 - 10/06/20 05:07 PM (18 days, 10 hours ago)

Well...the guy grows between 600 and 800lbs of mushrooms per week, so something tells me that he's not just pissing in the wind here. My question has been answered though, thanks.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26972357 - 10/06/20 05:09 PM (18 days, 10 hours ago)

You're not adjusting the sensitivity of the thermostat it still has a 2-4 psi gap between off and on. He's just adjusting where that happens on the dial. It's not being calibrated for 16-20 psi he's just moving that from being 8 on the dial to 5 or so.

Growing 600 pounds a week doesn't necessarily mean you know what a mechanical thermostat does.

--------------------
ACAB

OfflinebadspongeS
 User Gallery
    #26972637 - 10/06/20 07:47 PM (18 days, 8 hours ago)

I use the dial on the front. I used to grow at a place where the dial needed to be at 5. Now I grow at a place where the dial has to be at 3.8 to maintain 15-20psi. But once I dial in the dial I never have to touch it. I remember watching that video around a year ago when I got the 75x. I thought it seemed silly doing it the way he does. I've only ever used the dial. Works perfectly.

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26972647 - 10/06/20 07:51 PM (18 days, 8 hours ago)

He was saying that after banging it around and general usage the dial will get to the point that it won't turn off even when turned down all of the way, so to prevent that from happening he sets it all the way to max and then holds the nut behind the dial to reset it back to around 6 so that it turns off there.

He is still using the dial.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26972739 - 10/06/20 08:40 PM (18 days, 7 hours ago)

Yea was going to say dropping it might be causing it to need the calibration that guy was doing

--------------------
ACAB

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26974818 - 10/08/20 04:09 AM (16 days, 23 hours ago)

To those of us that actually use 75x... that is good info. 

Some of my dials need recalibrated because i'm having the same issue he's descrbing. Now, I know how to fix it!

Thank you for sharing that.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
You're not adjusting the sensitivity of the thermostat it still has a 2-4 psi gap between off and on. He's just adjusting where that happens on the dial. It's not being calibrated for 16-20 psi he's just moving that from being 8 on the dial to 5 or so.

Growing 600 pounds a week doesn't necessarily mean you know what a mechanical thermostat does.

And someone that uses a piece of equipment constantly they know when its not acting the way it used to. Things need to be recalibrated sometimes. Does your car's steering stay perfect all the time or do you get an alignment when it starts pulling to the left?

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

#26974840 - 10/08/20 04:35 AM (16 days, 23 hours ago)

That will come in handy I'm sure, thanks P. :cheers:

:fuckinawesome:

Waiting on my 75x now.

I might end up getting two if things pan out for me this month.

:gome:

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26974927 - 10/08/20 06:50 AM (16 days, 21 hours ago)

Ive never needed to recalibrate a 75x or 25x and the 75x was used by a business. They're made well. The thermostat doesn't come lose and get thrown off.

Do you have to calibrate your cars gas gauge very often?

--------------------
ACAB

Offlinenogoodnamesleft
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26975032 - 10/08/20 09:37 AM (16 days, 18 hours ago)

In on this thread for future reference and early morning geeking out

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26975067 - 10/08/20 10:11 AM (16 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Ive never needed to recalibrate a 75x or 25x and the 75x was used by a business. They're made well. The thermostat doesn't come lose and get thrown off.

It's not comparable.

Most people using an autoclave for cubes are barely touching their equipment, so it stands to reason that they won't experience this issue. As mentioned before  the man has about 20 seasonal staff members interacting with those sterilizers that run far more often than the average cube grower is accustomed to, 6-800 lbs/week means a lot of moving in and out of the lab, lot's of handling.

If your switch  will not turn off even when set to the lowest setting, use this method to have the switch reset.

I don't see how this is at all difficult to understand. Obviously LotKid and Filthy are pumping out higher volumes of spawn than most people here, stands to reason that he would see the value in the tip.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26975074 - 10/08/20 10:16 AM (16 days, 17 hours ago)

Whoever posted the video originally made it seem like a cool mod to achieve different level of function.
not a if you ever needed to do this if you drop your sterilizer off a table

--------------------
ACAB

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: bodhisatta] * 2
    #26975087 - 10/08/20 10:30 AM (16 days, 17 hours ago)

So I guess you didn't watch the video, because it's quite obvious that nobody is dropping a 75x.

Listen bod, yeah you're a mod and a "TC", but you're super fucking dismissive. Not grasping this information and it's utility says more about you than it does the information, ego has nothing to do with this until you make it about your ego.

The guy said he needs to calibrate his equipment approximately once per year, he never mentioned anything about how to be slick and mod an already functional piece of machinery. There is no argument here, I don't see any reason why you've hitched your horse to a dead argument other than ego.

Use a 75x more often and then report back :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by p9hu7 (10/08/20 10:41 AM)

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

#26975316 - 10/08/20 01:29 PM (16 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Listen bod, yeah you're a mod and a "TC", but you're super fucking dismissive. Not grasping this information and it's utility says more about you than it does the information, ego has nothing to do with this until you make it about your ego. :thumbup:

👆

A thought or feeling many have had, put to words...

:lordhelpus:

BOD is a real peach... I doubt a brighter ray of sunshine could be found. 😘

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26975380 - 10/08/20 02:03 PM (16 days, 13 hours ago)

I I'll rewatch the vid before speaking further

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26975755 - 10/08/20 06:17 PM (16 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Here we go with the moot points and psudeoscience. Of which you are king. :bow2:

--------------------

Grain Strainer

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #26975766 - 10/08/20 06:26 PM (16 days, 9 hours ago)

Bod hasn't experienced the need to recalibrate a 75x, therefore there is never a need to do so.

--------------------

InvisiblePastywhyteM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: p9hu7] * 1
    #26975787 - 10/08/20 06:43 PM (16 days, 9 hours ago)

It’s funny but after a few moves and a fair bit of use I’m noticing my dial starting to creep. Used to lock in at a 3 and now I’m at 5.5.

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #26975800 - 10/08/20 06:50 PM (16 days, 9 hours ago)

Mine operated wonderfully at 3.5 and then suddenly started needing set at 6. Then it sat for a good while and i fired her up and she maintained proper psi at 4. Different extension chords were the only variable... besides ambient outdoor temps.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26975807 - 10/08/20 06:53 PM (16 days, 9 hours ago)

It appears that... in the real world, knobs tend to creep. But, in bod's world, the knobs are as solid as a rock. :wink:

--------------------

Grain Strainer

InvisibleQuadryder
 User Gallery
Loc: Idk it's dark Flag
    #26975830 - 10/08/20 07:16 PM (16 days, 8 hours ago)

:threadmonitor:

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: Quadryder]
    #26975987 - 10/08/20 09:21 PM (16 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
...in bod's world, the knobs are as solid as a rock. :wink:

My nob is as solid as a rock...

:awehorny:

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All American 75x tips & tricks compilation [Re: Funky Monkey] * 1
    #26983428 - 10/13/20 03:55 PM (11 days, 12 hours ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
So I guess you didn't watch the video, because it's quite obvious that nobody is dropping a 75x.

Listen bod, yeah you're a mod and a "TC", but you're super fucking dismissive. Not grasping this information and it's utility says more about you than it does the information, ego has nothing to do with this until you make it about your ego.

The guy said he needs to calibrate his equipment approximately once per year, he never mentioned anything about how to be slick and mod an already functional piece of machinery. There is no argument here, I don't see any reason why you've hitched your horse to a dead argument other than ego.

Use a 75x more often and then report back :thumbup:

To be fair, your original phrasing was kind of ambiguous and confused both verum, bod, and me. I also incorrectly inferred you were asking about the calibration like it was an optional mod or standalone performance hack. I didn't immediately assume it was to counter a malfunctioning unit with a faulty thermostat.

I didn't think bod's initial replies were him being some dismissive dickbag TC mod, either. He just didn't watch the full video in-depth, like verum/I didn't, and made an incorrect assumption. :undecided:

Quote:

Funky Monkey said:
Cool thanks, apparently the system was down and they are gonna have to call me back tomorrow :/

I think I am gonna put it on some two bys mounted on a dolly so I can wheel it in and out on days it's too hot to do it in the room, and to wheel it to the flowhood table.

Thanks for the timely response brother!

I've only used 25x units and kept them stationary on my floor, but weight lifting plates worked perfect for me. A 45lb Olympic plate is completely flat on one side and big enough for a 25x to sit comfortably. I mostly used smaller 25lb and 35lb ones with the unit balanced in the middle (no issues). They also double great for weights inside the unit on top of trivets or whatever (if you're one of those who does that). Craigslist always has them for cheap.

Also, RE: my melted bags mentioned earlier ITT,

The issue was too little water by following the manual's listed water level (which actually gave a cutoff NOT to go over, IIRC) and it wasn't enough.

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize this (actually, LotKid figured it out). It wasn't super obvious since failure wasn't consistent, despite water volume remaining constant.

Some bags I left sealed in a regular tote would show specks of mold in the bottom after a few day (pinholes). Some batches would go through fine, get inoculated, and pump out 3 flushes. I spawned 25 bags overall and 14 hit 2+ flushes. Not sure how many bags were tossed pre-spawn or pre-inoculation, but I'd say most were due to low water levels compromising the bags and not bad spawn/inoculation (despite using an SAB).

Once I added more water, the pinholes/mold issues disappeared and my success rate rose. I wasn't able to fruit them, but out of at least 25 or so bags after, I'd say 20 or so hit 100% and looked clean.

Sorry, not 75x specific, but wanted to follow-up. Huge PITA that I'd love to help someone avoid. Cheers.

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26983488 - 10/13/20 04:36 PM (11 days, 11 hours ago)

I let the video speak for itself, that's why I kept asking if the people responding had actually watched the video. If I post a video for people to watch and then they do not watch the video and make a statement apriori,  well, that's on them.

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Did you watch the video?because the video is pretty clear why one would do such a thing.

--------------------

Edited by p9hu7 (10/13/20 05:15 PM)

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26990692 - 10/17/20 11:03 PM (7 days, 4 hours ago)

So... this died off... :lol:

--------------------

Grain Strainer

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26991171 - 10/18/20 11:04 AM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

No more tips and tricks, I guess. I went through the OP again and the info in that video was already linked in the OP.

Do you have your units on carts to unload in front of the hood?

--------------------

InvisiblePastywhyteM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26991209 - 10/18/20 11:36 AM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

I have a rolling table I built to move mine to the hood but, in the years I never had a hood that of course wasn’t an option. Never had a contam issue from opening the unit in open air that I was able to trace. It’s a vector but a small one IMO.

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#26991317 - 10/18/20 01:12 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Rgr, thanks.

Ultimately my plan is to have 3 running side by side, it may be difficult to park in front of my flow.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Spawn Bags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation