Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: StygianKnight]
    #26224283 - 10/02/19 08:47 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
I find a major problem with ‘automatic’ is really people want to add lots of gadgets and tech stuff to make it look cool, but nothing is actually automatic.

Sure it’s replaced misting and fanning, something a good chamber replaces anyway but everything else is still human run.  To get closer to automation, I would be wanting something that watches the fruits and when ready cuts the sub at fruit level, moves all the fruits out of the tub and into a dehydration chamber, which flips on till the fruits are dry, weighs them and drops them into a heat sealed bag, while the grow machine bottom waters the substrate and preps it for another flush.  A small camera at top watches the surface and uses neural network training to spot molds and other contams.  When the sub is spent it’s flipped out of the tub into a spent tub/contams chamber and the bottom watering system flushes the tub out a few times before it’s dried and ready for new spawn.

Fucking word:lol:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: cronicr]
    #26224297 - 10/02/19 08:52 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: footpath]
    #26228043 - 10/03/19 06:30 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Ok so perhaps "automated" wasn't the correct term for the design concept. Semi-automated? I'm not the best with words. Also should have said concept instead of experiment.

For the record the method I will be using is a 32 L monotub with micropore tape over the air exchange holes. Still need to figure out a heat source due to the place being too cold (15°C or less)

I just wondered if anyone thought the drawn idea would work in theory. It wasn't about being easier or faster or less expensive. I totalled what it would have cost and it would have been roughly £200 to do what was in the drawing (which included verm, perlite, a PC and all the items needed to prep for a basic monotub as well as the extras like timer plugs)

This idea was purely just a design concept. A theory of something I thought could work, that's all lol.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: Zenn]
    #26228141 - 10/03/19 07:04 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

My advise, keep it simple. You don’t need all that fancy stuff.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: eatyualive]
    #26228156 - 10/03/19 07:08 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

i have stated I have kept it simple with  32L monotub. I just need to think of a way to sort my heat issue as I have plenty ambient light but it is very cold in here for them. (15°C or less)

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

#26228162 - 10/03/19 07:10 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Basically this post is a theory. A design concept only.

I only wondered it it would work. In theory. It hasn't actually been built or even attempted. Only drawn.

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
    #26228208 - 10/03/19 07:30 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

If you really want to automate something go with a Martha for exotics and gourmet but just starting out with cubes your best bet is shoeboxes or a humidity chamber or SGFC.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

#26228668 - 10/03/19 11:28 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Your heat issue?  You need a space heater to heat a space where your tubs are.  A closet is a great space. 

I made my own in a basement out of 6 pieces of 1" rigid foam insulation and tuck tape.  It's 2'x4'x6'

Trying to heat the tub, and only the tub, is pretty difficult.  A heat mat will make the bottom of the tub too hot. 

I once grew in a coolish basement with terrariums I put a fluorescent light inside of.  Was warm when it was on, cool when off.  Worked like a hot damn but I'm pretty sure I just lucked out and isolated some stellar genetics that time.

Yeah man, simplicity is something you can indulge in with this hobby.  Forget the gadgets.  All you need is a tub with some holes in it, the 12/12 6500K, and a place that's not too hot or too cold.

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: JohnRainy]
    #26228684 - 10/04/19 12:06 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you for your pointers! Yeah I already found that heat mat is not great for my 1st cake so I kept rotating it. But then decided to fill a little tub (double the size of the jar at least) with a little water in it and another tub small about to keep the jar off the bottom but it's been doing well to heat around the jar consistently around 26°C. I'm so happy with the progress.the bath type or TiT method I know is generally used for the earliest stage rather than fruiting. But I will definitely heed your notes. Been trying to sort this out before I got cakes ready for the chamber. I still have a little time. I've seen people have success with TiT even if just for colonisation. I saw the aquarium heater in a jar me this that was interesting. The one I wondered would work tbh a guy put a little heater in a shake bottle, with water in it so it was like a tiny radiator for the box.
Unfortunately the closet I wanted to use originally is very breezy (this apartemt...is a bit quirky...i think it was built in a hurry) so I decided against that area. The other area has plenty ambient light but at this time of year I'm not sure it's 12/12 lol so may look into a little light. Doing what I can to provide the best environment for my little cake ....ive fallen in love with the little block of fuzz lmao. So yeah I really appreciate your info

InvisibleAlienSapien
Stranger

#26228693 - 10/04/19 12:36 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I think the best way to have a 'set and forget' aka automated grow is to just use the HydroShroom method. There are others, basically just start the Fruiting chamber with enough water so it never needs to be misted.

Since once fruiting, misting and fanning is the only activity required.

You could just copy the HydroShroom grow chamber, and use perlite instead of expanded clay pellets.

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: AlienSapien]
    #26228803 - 10/04/19 03:21 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

monotub        thats all that il say

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

#26228816 - 10/04/19 03:36 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jcm4620 said:
monotub        thats all that il say

Quote:

Zenn said:
i have stated I have kept it simple with  32L monotub. I just need to think of a way to sort my heat issue as I have plenty ambient light but it is very cold in here for them. (15°C or less)

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: AlienSapien]
    #26228817 - 10/04/19 03:39 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Noted. I will look into this. Thank you.
This was just a crazy idea I had that got out of hand on paper when I was trying to figure out a heat source lol

InvisibleYogiBear
Male User Gallery

#26231510 - 10/05/19 11:36 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I love to experiment and I think you should get one of these $100 co2 meters if you really want to know what's happening with your co2 levels and oxygen. The timer in the photo does short cycling meaning like 1 minute on and 29 minutes off. The fan is the most industrial 120v that you can find on the web here in 2019. Get this exact fan because it's the quietest of their small fans.

You can experiment for 2-3 weeks and send the stuff back to amazon for a full refund.

People say that a co2 meter can't tell you what's happening with oxygen but it do so in reverse. If the co2 levels drop when the fan is on then that means it's being replaced with fresh oxygen from the room.

I have my results from experimenting that drove me to find a truly set it and forget it grow environment for mushrooms to flourish.

First question you need to ask yourself is all that extra air really necessary for growing Cubensis mushrooms.

Second question is the biggest.. How much air does mycelium and mushrooms really need to grow?

Unmodified tubs like Bods are barely opened and they fruit. Study the theory behind what he is doing and how little "FAE" is really needed.
(You will probably never get wall to wall flushes like him because you don't have the genetic library that he has.)

Shoeboxes are another good example of how minimal things can be but I personally don't like that small of foot print for growing. I like tall 20qt tubs for many reasons.

After all my experiments and studying here on the Shroomery I setup my personal Grow Lab to hold 8 - tall 20qt minis. I have had 3 successful grows in these 90qt chambers (terrariums).

See the Grow Lab Setup link in my signature.

InvisibleYogiBear
Male User Gallery

#26231512 - 10/05/19 11:37 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Temps between 68-86 are just fine for all stages of mycelium/mushroom growth.

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26231520 - 10/05/19 11:40 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grimsweeper said:

:loljesus:

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: Asura]
    #26231805 - 10/05/19 02:36 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

well i live in the midwest n its already gttn cold here and i dont even hav the heat on in the winter time in my growing room. i only run 4 32qt tubs and 2 54qt tubs and just the heat generated by the substrates alone keeps the room warm enough to have to keep the vent closed when the heats on otherwise itl b too hot in there so i am willing to bet unless ur outside in a shed or a garage u should need no xtra heat source

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: YogiBear]
    #26233298 - 10/06/19 10:46 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Info much appreciated ^_^

OfflineZenn
LittleLurker
Female User Gallery

Re: Design drawing for "automated" chamber. Experiment. Thoughts? [Re: jcm4620]
    #26233309 - 10/06/19 10:49 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Mid west? As in the US? Well I am over seas to the east. Here it is less than 68°F hence my need for a heat source. Most of the time it is at least or less than 59°F

Edited by Zenn (10/11/19 09:57 AM)

Offlinespiritlands
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26233355 - 10/06/19 11:11 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Zenn said:
Mid west? As in the US? Well I am over seas to the east. Here it is less than 68°C hence my need for a heat source. Most of the time it is at least or less than 59°C

68°c? You must be living in hell! Jk

Zenn there are lots of ways but the most automated way for me was running a Martha. Once your timers are dialed in and you balance your humidity/evaporation/fresh air exchange your good to go. Mine was set to achieve 90+ humidity in 15 min while the humidifier runs. Then the timer kills it and it stays stable for fifteen min, then evaporation sets in for 30 min. I keep adding slits until at the end of the 45 min off the humidity is upper 70s- lower 80s. The timer runs everything and the majority of the time average humidity is 90+ all but the last ten min. This high evaporation keeps it from bring dripping wet and helps draw in volumes of fresh air. Thats my go to setup personally.

--------------------

Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha

:spiralflip::spiralflip:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate