Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Matucana pachanoi. [Re: Heyowana]
    #26227749 - 10/03/19 04:03 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Wrong date and name. Checked that thread out. Its about landfill.

On the ethnobotanical garden. Thread called Super pachanoi started 30th May 2013. Fellows name is Ren. There is a pic of the clone in the first post. That's the look I'm trying to describe. Much fatter than PC clone look. With blunt ribs. So cross section is quite round without the angulation of sharp ribs on the cactus.

That thread is now on the google webpage along with mine. So type in Matucana pachanoi shroomery forums and you'll find it.

Edited by Heyowana (10/03/19 06:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGrey Fox

#26229304 - 10/04/19 10:26 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

This is the type that I'm talking about.  I have 2 different plants like this, and they are both excellent.  Only bridgesii has been stronger, but this type has a much nicer, less harsh feel to it compared to the bridge.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: Matucana pachanoi. [Re: Grey Fox]
    #26229389 - 10/04/19 11:19 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Ugh where can I get cactus THAT nice ^^^

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26230900 - 10/05/19 01:24 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thanks for sharing the pics. I know what you mean but there are exceptions in this Matucana seedline. I remember Mp 1&3 had slightly longer than very short spines.

Yes they come on more mellow and euphoric than most bridge. Then they got going. Super fiery and intense. I thought I was a Maori dancing the haka. Eyes mad and glaring waiting for that big black boar to come smashing down upon me. Chanting in some unknown language.

Bridge can be like that. Mp2 short spine was calmer but even more hallucinogenic in effect. Mp5 that was the first very potent one. Crazy walls melting clock going backwards!. Didn't remember a lot of it cause I was too out of it. Mp4 threw out because I left it in the fridge till it turned to vinegar.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26230911 - 10/05/19 01:46 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Mp6&7 were a bit too weak. Didn't have me tripping. Saw colours and felt out of it but a bit ho hum. Mp8 was a creeper. Felt myself getting out of it more and more for about 6 hours. Then it really hit. Was dry reaching watching the intense flouro colours building up more and more each time I felt like vomiting.

Mp9 short spine. I love saying that. Best but meanest by far. I wrote on ethno garden I watched two wedgetail eagles fly north just as it started really coming on. Wondering where the third one was? Anyway it wrecked me. Tripping unlike any cactus trip I've done. Hard to tell anything because I was too far gone. Really thought I was going to meet mescalito after spewing for hours.

Bridge does that to me when they are good. Go to the land where my life and death mean nothing. This one just did it with more power than any bridge I've taken. I was crying at first thinking someone had spiked it with strychnine. It was too hallucinogenic and strong for me.

Mp10 got very out of it like Mp9. Didnt throw up. Pretty sure it was less potent. That was a relief. It was that overpowering. Just felt my impending doom mixed in with the intense colours and landscape morphing into fairyland I think.

Bridge can do that but not as convincingly so. I'm very impressed with them. Sad thing I went to the vendors website today and he's sold out of that seed. He still has seedlings but its a bit expensive when its a numbers game to find that super pachanoi.

Same with bridgesii. People say they are nearly always potent. Maybe compared to most peruvianus and pachanoi. These aren't just any pachanoi though. They are full of surprises.

Edited by Heyowana (10/05/19 01:51 AM)

InvisibleGrey Fox

#26231112 - 10/05/19 07:02 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Well I hope you still have the stumps and are growing these cacti out more, especially the ones that really stood out to you.  It sounds like you came across some really nice genetics there.  I would love to see pics of those Matucana Pachanois if you get a chance.  Hopefully people with more knowledge of cacti from that area will chime in.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Matucana pachanoi. [Re: Grey Fox] * 1
    #26231188 - 10/05/19 08:14 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks. Kept the tops and bases. First three I tried are pupping nicely now. Starting to get a bit warm to have the fire going. Pity in a way. Cactus trips when I have had them in summer are very enjoyable. With the long, warm sunny days.

I'm a bit fussy how I make my brews. Only to have the finished product as thin in consistency as a cup of tea. Nothing I dislike more than drinking a glass of foul tasting goop.

So trying the teks and being very unhappy with the results. As in drinking snot I made some changes and now its good. Also I noticed how the long boiling time changes the trip quality.

Started off 12-16 hours pounding it with a potato masher when boiling. Very undesirable outcome. Now I cut cactus into say half inch chunks. Cover with water and boil with lid on for 24 hours. I just top up the water. Leaving the chunks alone.

24 hours later I pour it through a stainless steel strainer using potato masher to press it through. It just disintegrates into a paste with all that boiling as I push the liquid through .

I noticed that with boiling it half the time I do now. That it still remained in chunks. Now I'm left with a small quantity of paste that I discard out of the strainer.

Before reducing it I get a one litre jug and put it through a stainless steel tea strainer into a cup. Once cup is full I pour it back into pot on fire then repeat until it's all done.

It will block up with sediment. So I roll it around in the strainer until it becomes a little ball of goop. Discard  and wash strainer.Then keep going. Takes about twenty minutes extra doing this. Then when its reduced to a cup and a half I put it through tea strainer again.

Its just like water then and goes down fine. Except for that taste!

Edited by Heyowana (10/05/19 06:51 PM)

InvisibleGrey Fox

#26231392 - 10/05/19 10:21 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah its the kind of thing with these cacti that you just have to do some experimenting and find the prep method that works best for you.  The community of people who use these cacti and share info is still pretty small.  It sounds like you've found some good plants to grow and you have a good method for tea.  Thats the way to do it!  Thanks for contributing to the body of knowledge by sharing what you're learning.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26231462 - 10/05/19 11:02 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Still lurks each reply while being ignored

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Matucana pachanoi. [Re: Tripsten]
    #26231979 - 10/05/19 04:01 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I am sorry. I can't get hold of the Ogunbodede or Landfill clone where I live. The pachanoi clones I have tried didn't impress me.

It would be wonderful to hear the names of potent pachanoi clones.

I know growing seeds takes time. It has its rewards in that its inexpensive and there are plenty of individuals to try. Plus I like growing cactus and more the better.

I've read reports about potent pachanoi on Trichocereus growers unite. A great resource. Then there was the potency testing thread in the Ethnobtanical garden and DMT nexus. Named clones were extracted for their mescaline content. The amounts were compared.

Some pachanoi clones were tried. From memory the bridgesii clone SS02 was the winner last time I read it. Lumberjack scored fairly high too from memory.

Edited by Heyowana (10/05/19 04:06 PM)

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26232145 - 10/05/19 05:27 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

The thread I was talking about on the Ethnobatanical garden  is called- graph of alkaloid content of named Trichocereus clones and anecdotal potency reports. Started by DGB. It's 11 pages long and well worth the read.

Last post was Dec 2017. However it has the names of cuttings tested. So it's really interesting for those that want to know how much mescaline is in some of the better known clones.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26266028 - 10/20/19 07:07 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

There is an old thread on The Corroboree called Pachanoi Matucana/Lima region under Cacti and Succulents. First post by slice shows some pachanoi cuts sourced in the flower market in Lima.

They look similar in looks and shape to the seedline I'm growing. Since Lima is only a bit over 80 km from Matucana by road I guess that figures.

At the moment they are growing faster than everything else in my garden with the warmer weather. Will concentrate on bridgesii bioassays now. When the cooler weather comes back to Matucana pachanoi testing.

Thinking the best four so far would have been better at 1000g. They knock me around way too much at 1250-1500g. I think Mp9 might still be too strong at 1000g but only one way to find out.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26281497 - 10/28/19 04:55 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Bridgesii mum and dad 992 g.
Beautiful, beelicious. Yum yum.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26281616 - 10/28/19 06:33 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Not as sharp in effect like sab Eileen. More mellow. Just as profound however.
Quite beautiful but potent. Ah bridgesii there is something so special about you. You lovely little spiny devils. Nectar for the spirit.

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #26281695 - 10/28/19 07:27 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like someone may have taken an interior vacation recently :wink:
:vibin:

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Matucana pachanoi. [Re: coAsTal]
    #26288906 - 10/31/19 03:23 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I love posting on these forums towards the end of a cactus trip. Everything is so sublime and beautiful. Too early and I write that much BS as evidenced by some of my posts in other threads.

I'd say four of the Matucana pachanoi have taken me as deep as the average bridgesii. One deeper than any so far. However I took a bigger dose. Around 1.5 kilos as opposed to 1 kg for bridgesii.
Overspring/summer I intend to take another seven bridgesii at the kilo mark. Starting with the weakest and building up to the more potent. Followed by two unknowns.

Starting with bridgesii 33, then Jess, then Bruce. After that Con 1- not really Con but probably Tig. Real Con is a thinner spikier looking cactus with a euphoric effect of average potency. This Con is fat like Tig and doesn't pup easily. It started flowering the day after Tig so it may be the same thing.

If not they will make some potent babies I'm sure. Anyway after that Kai- the beast from hell I reckon. Followed by two unknowns- Cornucopeia 1& JAC 007.

Then back to Matucana pachanoi at a reduced dosage of 1 kg to see how they stack up against bridgesii potency wise.

InvisibleGrey Fox

#26289451 - 10/31/19 09:44 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for keeping us updated.  It sounds like you have several promising clones there.  Its impressive that you are keeping track of the effects of each clone.  I usually end up mixing different cacti together to make tea, and that makes it harder to know the potency of each plant.  But I like the effects.  Have you noticed a different "feel" to the different species?  For me bridgesii has been strong and visually stimulating, but it seems to cause a lot of nausea and muscle cramps at high doses.  Scopulicola and pachanoi have been less harsh in terms of those side effects, but also not quite as strong as the bridgesii.  These days my tea usually consists of bridgesii mixed with pach or scop.  The mixture seems to allow for the more pleasant scop/pach effects to come through, but with the extra kick in power from the bridge.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26290206 - 10/31/19 04:34 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I don't mind the nausea as much any more. I just throw up and the trip seems to get more spiritual after that. First time I took Tig at 1 kg I fought the nausea for what seemed like 10 hrs. Every time I felt nauseous I wouldn't move. Next time I tried Tig I boiled it for 24 hrs instead of 14. It started coming on hard. I started coughing then up it came. I threw up for about ten minutes.

After that just bliss. So out of it but no nausea. Same with HB06 at 1 kg. Best not to fight the nausea just go with it and heave! Mp5 just dry reaching at 1.25 kg. Mp8 same at 1.5. Mp9 constant vomiting at 1.5kg. It wasnt that unpleasant. It feels like being purified each time I threw up. Mp9 was incredible in a psychedelic sense. I thought this must be how out of it they can get on peyote for some reason while I was tripping.

Mp 10 just dry reaching. SAB Eileen plenty of vomiting at 1080g. Seems I was way more out of it when I did throw up on Eileen. Before and after throwing up.

With the exception of Mp9&10 I think the bridgesii experience offers more full spectrum of effects.Bridgesii Hans and two seedlings I call Br 1@2 I vaped that much weed that I'm not sure. Normally a few bowls of Zamal, Malawi or North Indian Sativa would be enough. On cactus I can continually vaporise bowl after bowl into double figures and hardly notice it.

Kai was very heavy and I smoked that much weed to try and change that. It didnt work. Icaro peruvianus I don't like much. Crappy ones I feel a lot of nausea when they are first coming on. Then they seem weak. Best one was good without any nausea.

Bridge 33 seemed weak. Still enjoyable but the effects didn't last long. Jess was weak but very spiritual. That made up for it. Eileen I got from a different vendor. Very smooth and euphoric. No where near as intense or psychedelic as SAB Eileen.

InvisibleGrey Fox

#26291716 - 11/01/19 10:54 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for all the info in your reply.  For me the vommiting seems to happen whenever I take a strong dose.  But on really strong bridgesii trips it can get real bad.  Lots of vommiting over and over.  But I accept it as part of the process.  Sometimes a really strong, challenging trip is exactly whats needed.  But I am learning to appreciate the moderate level trips more and more.  The Pachs and Scops are intetesting because of their gentler effects on my body.  But I'll always have a love for Bridgesii because it has that power.

Thanks for your observations about the different clones you have.  Its a big help to hear about the effects of different clones and species.  Its great that you are keeping good track of these things and sharing with the community.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#26291804 - 11/01/19 11:36 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for your info as well. I'm still thinking Mp9 was meaner and stronger than any bridgesii I've had so far. I had 50% more though weight wise.

I can't imagine what state I'd be in if I dosed 1.5 kg on Tig or HBO6 bridgesii's. Probably worse than on Mp9. I don't intend to find out! Too much of a good thing.

HB06 I just kept throwing up until one of my ribs hurt at 1kg. I already had the injury there and all the vomiting renewed the pain.

After that it was meltdown blissfulness. So it had its up side too.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds