Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineinTRAVISweTRUST
Dionysus

Boycott television TODAY!
    #2613605 - 04/28/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Is it just me or when your trippin on a good amount of some mushies, television just seems so... ridiculous! Everybody is so fucking ridiculous it makes me just laugh my head off like i'm mad! I don't like to spend a night trippin watchin TV, but this has been the case a couple times. And everytime I was just crackin up! After that TV seems so pointless and stupid to me.... like it's all just there to suck you in and steal your money! Steal your thoughts! It thinks for you. We all need to rise up against this evil entity and start feeding ourselves real authentic knowledge.

--------------------
Walk tall, kick ass, learn arabic, love music and never forget that you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers & warriors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Boycott television TODAY! [Re: inTRAVISweTRUST]
    #2613636 - 04/28/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

One time I was trippin by myself at home, and I had been watching something on tv(prolly southpark). Well anyways I lost interest after the show, but left the tv on.....and in like an hour or two (no idea how long really) the SAME show came on again and I got so upset. For a good 2-3 hours all I could think was "GOD WHY WOULD ANYONE PLAY THE SAME SHOW OVER AGAIN!??! NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH SOMETHING TWICE! WHY?! WHY!? WHY!?". I was so distraught, I couldn't get over it for the longest time......until finally I realized why, they do it for people who didn't see it the first time. Once I thought that, I got over it and moved on.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2614149 - 04/29/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

HAHAHAHHA @ cheif

I like tv. it's there to relax at the end of a hard day's work

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Boycott television TODAY! [Re: jux]
    #2615192 - 04/29/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yep - it's a tool. It doesn't make you do anything.
If you stop thinking because of television (which ~does~ make it easier) it's because you chose to stop thinking.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #2615277 - 04/29/04 08:41 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

tv is just like anything else.. its best in moderation.. and its also best not to take it so seriously its just entertainment

Offlinetrancefishy
ambiguity

Loc: under the stars
    #2615881 - 04/29/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Duh.

It took tripping on mushrooms to figure that out? I have not watched tv since I was 18 or so (4 years), and everytime I happen to glance at one somewhere, I think "wow, it's gotten even that much dumber since last time....", and I can hardly believe it. Then, I guess I do believe it. Unbelievable.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Boycott television TODAY! [Re: trancefishy]
    #2616835 - 04/29/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

> I have not watched tv since I was 18 or so (4 years)

It has been about two years since I last had a working TV in my home. The first few months without were difficult. Now, I do not miss it at all... quite the opposite; I have an extra three or four hours in every day that used to get consumed by that damn box. I don't really think the programming has gotten dumber. Rather, after being away from it for a while, we see how bad it really was.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Boycott television TODAY! [Re: Seuss]
    #2617057 - 04/29/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

No, it has DEFINATLY gotten dumber......jesus just watch primetime fox. It didn't used to be this bad, our society is crumbling at the foundation.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

#2617076 - 04/29/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

man i remember when i was tripping hard on dpt and i decided that thibgs were getting a little rough so i turned on the tv to calm my mind a bit. it helped nothing. i flippedd to a channel with the grim reaper as a host of a late night talk show talking in tongues. it was on every channel after that until the trip ended.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2617820 - 04/29/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Whenever I watch TV while tripping; I feel like my mind is going 10 times too fast for the slow gameshows and quizzes...
I also don't understand the whole concept, why people seem happy when they win a fridge ( ? ) ...

It's all very confusing; one time , I actually believed that television was made to turn people into vegetables. All those commercials were really getting to me!

That's why it's not a good idea to be tripping and watching TV; you get frustrated with it, cause many people like to be dumb and just watch endless crap.

I feel smarter just staring at my garbage can ...(that's litter bin for the British fellows here :wink: )

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Offlinetruecaucasian
gangsta.
    #2618122 - 04/29/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

trancefishy: I must agree a havent watched TV for longer than 20 mins in 3 years. No more cable! Saves me some $$$ :smile:

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2618282 - 04/29/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If i am in my house when beginning my trip (which i usually i am not) I like watching TV or a movie on the coming up. When getting close to peaking I like going out side and *explorering* I would also watch TV on the way down.

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2618605 - 04/29/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think tv has just become so crappy. There are so few shows which actually entertain me. Sometimes I'll channel surf for an hour or two and nothing will remotely spark my interest. And after that I think about what I could have done in those two hours. IMO tv wastes what little time I have free in a day.

--------------------

OfflineDoogle
    #2621287 - 04/30/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

THE MATRIX HAS YOU. TURN OFF YOUR BRAINS... I MEAN TV's/MONITORS...

ahm yes

*thinks of a brick wall spanning the width of the universe*

ahh.

THE UNIVERSE HAS A WIDTH NOW?! :blush:

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
Re: Boycott television TODAY! [Re: Doogle]
    #2621378 - 04/30/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The BBC in the UK ususally shows interesting stuff and it's nice not to have any adverts on there, but most of the time I just have better things to do..

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Boycott television TODAY! [Re: Rob_K]
    #2622402 - 04/30/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I never watch TV. Seriously. If i ever watch tv, its because a movie is on that i like. But generally i maybey watch 1 hour of tv a month. Tv is what is reponsible for the mass brainwashing of our society.

One interesting perplexing concept is that TV seems to be a necessity for present living. But we must realize that a TV is not necessary. TV is a material possesion that you must purchase. You must purchase Cable, or satellite. For some reason people feal the need for a television.

Tv is an important factor for the system.

1. Go to work all day.
2. Get home and watch tv.
3. Consume mass amounts of crappy fast food.
Repeat.

That is what the majority of our people do. And its very sad.

When you are younger you watch tv to get a general concept of how life should be lived, Tv presents a conformed package that sub conciousley programs you to behave in the ways you see on tv.
action was planned out. Nothing on TV is real. There are a few exceptions, but generally, everything is planned out to the minor detail. It is like watching a bunch of puppets. Well actually that is what it is.

Instead of watching TV you can:

Use the internet.
Make music.
Go outside in nature.
Paint
Draw
Sing
go to the beach
Go to the city
Trip out
Eat mushrooms
Have a good time
Peace!

OfflineImmortalAngel
ImmortalAngel
Loc: Australia
    #2638925 - 05/04/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it makes me laugh most of the people that are fed up with boring "dumb" television, all stem from america with your plefora (sp?
of TV choices, most television shows shown around the world are primarily made for american audiences so if the television shows are getting dumber is that saying anything about the populas.
there are plaenty of TV shows around that are anything but boring have you ever been blitz and watched animal geographic, lions and tigers in there natural habitat chasing down pray, raising their young.
I am in china at the moment and cannot understand a single word on TV so i will go a year and a half without TV, but as Iamthewalrus says its just entertainment.. and trust me if you were watching chinese TV on mushrooms you would not be able to move through laughing so much

--------------------
He will devour the freshest crop...drop.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Boycott television TODAY! [Re: ImmortalAngel]
    #2640529 - 05/05/04 04:59 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I just download the shows I like and watch new episodes on TV when I catch them. I would miss my Trailer Park Boys and Aquateens and Chapelle Show! Come on now - where would we be without I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!

--------------------
]

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #2640802 - 05/05/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hehehe this is just so true... During my first trip I watched Whose line is it anyways.. you know the show with 4 "comedians" doing sketches and shit.. While watching I didn't understand AT ALL the point of all this. The guys were all talking gibberish (Like awhgwahrwrhwgwhehgeawhhhdg) and they were running around in circle. I was like "Is there a point to this? Is this what we call humor? Goddamn I never realized it was THAT stupid!!"

I still think television sucks and that I shouldn't watch it.. But I do watch it anyways.. I dunno, it may be some kind of addiction. But one thing's for sure, once I get an apartment or something, no tv will ever cross the door to my home.

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2640878 - 05/05/04 09:01 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

pfft boycott tv... macgyver just started.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom