Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

How does your dog feel about you tripping? * 2
    #26210367 - 09/26/19 10:28 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

My dog has had mixed reactions when I trip, mostly neutral or negative.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he can tell that something is up.

Sometimes my dog doesn't seem to care; he's a low energy dog, and he naps most of the time anyway. 

He may or may not cuddle with me during the come up.

There's been at least one occasion, however, when he didn't seem to like it.  I tried calling him over to me repeatedly, and he kept his butt firmly planted on the couch, as if to say, "I'm not going to support whatever you're doing right now." 

But, he can also sense when I'm coming down, and he can get cuddly then as well, as if to say, "Hey, you're back!"

How does your dog react?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: How does your dog feel about you tripping? [Re: PrimeNumber] * 2
    #26210732 - 09/26/19 01:32 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Head down, kinda looks up at me like I’m doing something wrong or making him uncomfortable. Clearly he can sense a change. I do not pay attention to him while I trip. Great dog otherwise...

Offlineackuric
Stranger
Re: How does your dog feel about you tripping? [Re: CountHTML] * 3
    #26211096 - 09/26/19 03:44 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Odd, my dog (pit mix) acts more positive, is more interactive and playful. Maybe dogs simply just mirror their handlers behavior, or resort to a behavior that keeps their handlers content? In fact, that is what they (try) to do, because they are pack animals...Just my 2c.

Edited by ackuric (09/26/19 03:45 PM)

OfflineHerbalSteve
Herbalist
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: How does your dog feel about you tripping? [Re: ackuric] * 2
    #26212847 - 09/27/19 09:55 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

:whathesaid: Missy senses I'm wonky and starts trying to play, you know sit on the chest, lick some ears, throw ball at you...  Its times like those you wish you didn't have a shepherd malamute cross, chokes you with hair if it doesn't squash your lungs first.

Invisiblenulls
Male User Gallery

Re: How does your dog feel about you tripping? [Re: HerbalSteve] * 2
    #26213450 - 09/27/19 02:35 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Dog's have different personalities that effect the way they react as well. Current dog just ignores me and seems to not notice. I had an aggressive dog that used to block walkways and growl at anybody (human or animal) he thought he could get away with (~100lbs of muscle that proved he would attack to protect on multiple occasions, so a bit intimidating), and even me when I was sick or acting different for whatever reason (being too stoned or too anxious for example). I never tripped around him and I wouldn't by choice. If you act or spoke to him in a sympathetic tone, he'd become aggressive. If you act/spoke in an authoritative tone, he was a good sweet boy that would give his life for you. Even in training, if you praised him more than once, he'd growl at you because he'd get puffed up and see you as weak. None of my other dogs have ever acted like him and would act concerned, or indifferent in similar scenarios. Thankfully he mellowed with age, but that's the last time I get a dog with dominance issues.

OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: How does your dog feel about you tripping? [Re: nulls] * 2
    #26213741 - 09/27/19 04:29 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

My dog just stays away from me when I'm tripping. But there's been there times when I've been riding rough, just laying there having my mind eaten, that he's come over to check I'm alright. Has stayed close until I pulled right and then moved away again. Still loves me, even when I am acting weird.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineNewAccount
Stranger
Male

Loc: N.I. U.K
Re: How does your dog feel about you tripping? [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #26217502 - 09/29/19 06:35 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Mainly at the tail end of a trip I would be around my dog and it seems I have a closer relationship with her then. Like i'm switched on to subtle cues and more receptive to her body language. I'm likely projecting this on her but I swear she does behave very different towards me in the aftermath of psilocybin. With cannabis she seems to act stoned too lol. I wouldn't say its a negative thing, its like a deeper understanding that takes place mutually or more likely just affects me and my behaviour and thus she adjusts to this new version of me being more empathetic and attentive.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience