Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? * 1
    #26198894 - 09/20/19 08:47 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Been looking into getting some trippy lights to add to my room, I have 2 random ones already that are pretty cool but I'd like to get a pretty sweet set up.

The main goal is for recording music videos, so I can fog/smoke up my room and get some nice trippy footage.

Would like to get a decent digital projector eventually for fractal videos and other stuff, but for now I'm mainly looking at cheaper options such as lights and simple pattern projectors.

So does anyone here have any experience with some cool lights? Been considering some blacklight LED strips to tape around my room, but some heavier duty stuff might be nice.

Bought this cheap "ocean light" projector as a start, interested to see how it looks:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotating-Ocean-Wave-Music-Projector-LED-Bedroom-Night-Light-Remote-Lamp-7-Colors/232293200715?hash=item3615c0f34b:g:888AAOSw32lY0MTS

Was thinking of buying a cheap fog machine as well, but they are simple enough to make. Pretty much just need a heating element and metal dish for the fog liquid to be heated in. You can use a candle and foil tray, but I plan on rigging up something bigger. Also I want to be able to use cannabis tincture glycerine for the fog fluid, since it's basically glycerine + water or some sketchier alternatives such as mineral oil which doesn't seem the healthiest to breath in... Would be awesome to have a private party with cannabis fog getting everyone baked :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: musiclover420]
    #26198913 - 09/20/19 09:12 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Was about to recommend one of those.  I have two cheap round white bucket like ocean light projectors that are quite nice and soothing.  They move by a little motor on top, so I disconnected the motor from one for stationary patterns.

I would recommend buying a basic fog machine, they’re pretty cheap and there is a small but real danger that unregulated heating elements will burn the fog juice and emit potentially dangerous smoke instead of fog.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: StygianKnight]
    #26198930 - 09/20/19 09:24 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Bought my Neice a cheap kids projected made in China off Amazon.

Not into trippy myself thes days.  Used to have a bunch of tapestries and posters/art.  Got the idea from a neighbor I knew and lived with before I moved in.  He had is own art on walls and is artistic.

These days a nice tree through an open window is cool.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #26198936 - 09/20/19 09:28 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Check pawn shops. People buy light setups all the time and then sit on them for years and sell em off hardly used at all.

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #26198937 - 09/20/19 09:28 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

U can go oldschool an use a projector with oil and food color over the top

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: TedsDead]
    #26198945 - 09/20/19 09:32 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Hookers used to put the old red clothe over the lamp shade.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: TedsDead] * 1
    #26198950 - 09/20/19 09:38 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:

I would recommend buying a basic fog machine, they’re pretty cheap and there is a small but real danger that unregulated heating elements will burn the fog juice and emit potentially dangerous smoke instead of fog.

Seems like DIY would be safer since you know exactly what is in the fog juice and what the heating element is. Was planning on using a cast iron pot which is probably a lot higher quality then most of the cheap chinese ones made from aluminum and who knows what else.

Also some of the fog juices they sell are already toxic as they use machine oil and other nasty shit instead of glycerine. So making the juice seems safer as well, and much cheaper :shrug:

I've actually tried it before over the stove and it was very simple, making a portable version shouldn't be too hard. I'm most concerned about the heating element, but it shouldn't be hard to find a safe method using candles or a hot plate.

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Bought my Neice a cheap kids projected made in China off Amazon.

Not into trippy myself thes days.  Used to have a bunch of tapestries and posters/art.  Got the idea from a neighbor I knew and lived with before I moved in.  He had is own art on walls and is artistic.

These days a nice tree through an open window is cool.

Some of those 50$~ chinese laser projectors are pretty crazy, strongly considering buying this one:

120-Pattern RGB Laser Light

Hard to find the specs for this one but pretty sure it's around 200-300+mw which is pretty damn nice for the price. A typical laser pointer is around 5mw, and this has 7 beams. 2 red 2 green and 3 blue. Also has sound sensitive modes which seem fun :strokebeard:

A little worried about the quality of a chinese laser projector, seems not the most reliable possibly. But also seems hard to beat for the price...

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Check pawn shops. People buy light setups all the time and then sit on them for years and sell em off hardly used at all.

Good idea :thumbup: Will check craiglist as well.

Quote:

TedsDead said:
U can go oldschool an use a projector with oil and food color over the top

I want one of those setups eventually but they are pretty hard, ideally you want 2 people working a liquid lightshow live. One person to mix up the oils and the other to apply them and stir them around. It's supposed to be pretty hard to do alone.

Though the other day I was wondering how hard it would be to set up one of those projectors so that the image is mirrored, so you could turn the liquid lightshow into a kaliedoscope, would probably make it a lot easier to keep interesting :strokebeard:

My dream lightshow set up currently is to have one of those old projectors for liquid lightshows overlayed on a huge screen with a digital projector for fractals and other stuff. That way you could have a premade fractal video going with the liquid lightshow blended over, maybe with some fog and lasers as well for good measure :awesomenod: Would like to get some sound sensitive lights set up as well so they react to the music.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #26199150 - 09/20/19 11:50 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I recently bought this for my room: https://m.ebay.com/itm/48-Pattern-Laser-Projector-Stage-Lights-Mini-LED-RGB-Lighting-Party-Disco-DJ-KTV-/283273670119?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

I love it. Great price too ($30). Everytime Im playing my stereo, i turn it on and it reacts to the music. Its great. Only downside is the little symbols it displays thru the laser are pretty goofy (like an apple icon). But i still love the thing.

I also have some blue Christmas string lights too. It gives off a nice gentle glow.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26199265 - 09/20/19 12:34 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I recently bought this for my room: https://m.ebay.com/itm/48-Pattern-Laser-Projector-Stage-Lights-Mini-LED-RGB-Lighting-Party-Disco-DJ-KTV-/283273670119?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

I love it. Great price too ($30). Everytime Im playing my stereo, i turn it on and it reacts to the music. Its great. Only downside is the little symbols it displays thru the laser are pretty goofy (like an apple icon). But i still love the thing.

I also have some blue Christmas string lights too. It gives off a nice gentle glow.

Pretty sure that is the same brand I ended up getting, they definitely seem pretty sweet for the price. Some of the patterns do seem pretty goofy but there are some cool ones as well it looks like.

Was looking at one listing where one of the patterns it showed looked like a swastika :eek: but it was probably supposed to be the Buddhist symbol :lol: Some of those geometric patterns look really trippy though.

Still want to get some more hanging lights, been trying to find some decent cheap string blacklights. Or a long blacklight strip that could wrapped around the room in cool patterns. Though then I'd need some blacklight posters :grin:

I wonder if there are any cheap lava lamps out, or one of those plasma globes with the arcs of electricity that follow your fingers :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #26199289 - 09/20/19 12:45 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Nice. Its a decent generic brand.

I highly recommend this Glow Lamp: https://m.ebay.com/itm/Colour-Changing-Boon-Glo-Night-Light-Removable-Glowing-Balls-Lamp-Kids-Toy-Bulb/392274679060?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=20150209130153&meid=2de31b73f8724c0ba1f482666a2701d8&pid=100373&rk=1&rkt=1&itm=392274679060&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047936&_trksid=p2047936.c100373.m3226&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

I love mine. Its got a slider to "dial in" the color you want. Also has a "color cycling" setting too. Not only does it look cool, but the light is a very pleasant glow thats perfect for a lamp in dark rooms. I use it every day.

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #26199303 - 09/20/19 12:52 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

This thread is cool!

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26199310 - 09/20/19 12:57 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I highly recommend this Glow Lamp: https://m.ebay.com/itm/Colour-Changing-Boon-Glo-Night-Light-Removable-Glowing-Balls-Lamp-Kids-Toy-Bulb/392274679060?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=20150209130153&meid=2de31b73f8724c0ba1f482666a2701d8&pid=100373&rk=1&rkt=1&itm=392274679060&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047936&_trksid=p2047936.c100373.m3226&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

I love mine. Its got a slider to "dial in" the color you want. Also has a "color cycling" setting too. Not only does it look cool, but the light is a very pleasant glow thats perfect for a lamp in dark rooms. I use it every day.

Looks pretty cool. Would like something like that but hanging. My mom got some weird "smart bulb" awhile back that lets you control it on an app in your phone, so you can change the colors/settings while laying down :lol:

Pretty sweet idea and I've been tempted to get one but they are probably a bit spendy for the novelty. Here's a random "smart bulb" off ebay for anyone interested: Smart LED Light Wifi Bulb

Pretty expensive at 13$ for a single bulb but not quite as bad as I was expecting. Who knows how nice that one is though. Actually sounds pretty useful, it can be programmed to turn on/off at certain times :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26199377 - 09/20/19 01:27 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Smart bulbs are pretty sweet. They remind me of the rich peoples houses who have a remote that controls every light in the house with full dimming and color options :smile2:

Just discovered a cool new light, Firework Lights: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanging-Firework-LED-Fairy-String-Light-Christmas-Party-Decor-Xmas-8Modes-Remote/332880244734?hash=item4d81356ffe:m:mwtLiv3hX9lSbfcYzuHi8Xg

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#26199434 - 09/20/19 01:56 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Smart bulbs are pretty sweet. They remind me of the rich peoples houses who have a remote that controls every light in the house with full dimming and color options :smile2:

Just discovered a cool new light, Firework Lights: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanging-Firework-LED-Fairy-String-Light-Christmas-Party-Decor-Xmas-8Modes-Remote/332880244734?hash=item4d81356ffe:m:mwtLiv3hX9lSbfcYzuHi8Xg

When I was younger my only rich friend had a smart fan in their living room, we used to get super baked and trip sitting around with their giant dogs and watching the fan change direction over and over :lol:

Was checking out some of those firework lights things, as well as some "star" ones with varying results. Some of the LED curtains/nets seem interesting as well.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26199458 - 09/20/19 02:12 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Ha that sounds like fun.

Ya those curtains are pretty sweet. Only thing I would kinda worry about is an electrical short! They're safe right?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26199495 - 09/20/19 02:31 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Ha that sounds like fun.

Ya those curtains are pretty sweet. Only thing I would kinda worry about is an electrical short! They're safe right?

Who knows about a lot of these cheap chinese electronics, plenty of other stuff to worry about.

There are mice in the walls here, and because of them certain power outlets no longer work or are buggy. So I worry about them chewing wires in the walls and starting a fire, no way to see that shit coming :uhoh:

I also have 3 power strips all lined up around my desk with a giant mountain of instrument cables piles up behind, thankfully they've never had issues. But with the wiring here using strips feels safest :lol: I actually need another one... :shakefist:

Had a guitar amp start smoking randomly in my room awhile back, a pretty old vintage amp so who knows what the problem was. Might have been from the wiring in the walls, can't remember if it was plugged right in or not. Gave me a good scare though, thankfully it was a pretty cheap used amp. Hopefully it will be fixable.

--------------------

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: musiclover420] * 2
    #26199539 - 09/20/19 02:53 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I do suggest getting at least a few fluorescent light blacklights either long tube or curly, as LED UV lights often have a tighter spectrum and not everything will glow under them that does under the tubes.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacklights/projectors/trippy lights recommendations? [Re: StygianKnight] * 1
    #26200970 - 09/21/19 10:45 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
I do suggest getting at least a few fluorescent light blacklights either long tube or curly, as LED UV lights often have a tighter spectrum and not everything will glow under them that does under the tubes.

Pretty sure my room has a bunch of fluorescent T5~ lights on the ceiling as it used to be a growroom so there are 8 double light fixtures built into the ceiling.

Anyways many of the bulbs are starting to go out, so maybe I'll try replacing a few with big blacklight bulbs :strokebeard:

Then I could set them up so it would be easy to switch from the normal lights to the blacklights.

Will need to measure the bulbs though, pretty sure they are at least 24" so buying even 4-6~ blacklight bulbs might be pretty expensive. Would probably only take a few for some strong light though.

Or maybe it would work out better to just get a blacklight lamp or strip to put on each side of the room at a better angle.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26202856 - 09/22/19 01:07 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I definitely need some blacklights.

But my next purchase will probably be a smoke generator. Everytime i exhaled toward my mini laser projector, it makes it look bad ass :awehigh:

Only issue that smoke substance sorta makes me cough if its too heavy.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#26202868 - 09/22/19 01:15 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Make the fog liquid yourself, you can straight up use veggie glycerine and water. While some of the premade ones use other sketchy stuff like mineral oil.

I want to try mixing in different terpene blends as well as using cannabis tincture for the glycerine, that way it would be like aromatherapy + a mild edible fog :lol:

But yeah I want to get a fog machine set up ASAP so it works solid for when I get more lights.

Here's a DIY video:

DIY Super Powerful Fog Machine under 10$

But something even simpler would work fine. Basically all you need is something hot to put the liquid  in, and preferably some sort of funnel to direct the vapor. They are pretty much giant vapes with fans to blow the fog out :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals