Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Bioluminescent mushroom spores and other questions [Re: jCshrooms]
    #2625963 - 05/01/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jCshrooms said:
ivi -> where di dyou get that map dude?

From Fungimap of Australia :smirk:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Bioluminescent spores and glowing luminous questions [Re: Akrobatik]
    #2627175 - 05/01/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

From what I know Suntzu has had good success with growing Panellus stipticus. Check his thread. :yesnod::thumbup:
MycoBag has grown them as well (see this thread).
So has Zeronio, Mr_Mushrooms and many many others. Do not hesitate asking for help or a piece of advice. Shroomerites are very helpful :smile:

And I recall that an Australian shroomerite Mycena was offering Panellus stipticus wedge in the Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms forum last fall. If You can't find any Australian sources of P. stipticus maybe try to PM him...

Hope this helps...

:goodluck: 

--------------------

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Bioluminescent mushroom spores and other questions [Re: Akrobatik]
    #2628258 - 05/02/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

14/04/2004 Akrobatik said:
I think I will go through sporeworks, now just gotta ficure out how to grow these babies!!!

So are You having any success, Akrobatik? I am kind of interested... :smile:

--------------------

OfflinejCshrooms
Stranger
Re: Biolumencent spores and other questions [Re: jCshrooms]
    #2640194 - 05/05/04 02:57 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

any aussie spore supplies out theere?

OfflineBellock
Stranger
Re: Bioluminescent mushrooms spores and luminous questions [Re: ivi]
    #4155273 - 05/09/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've become fascinated with luminescent mushrooms. I am currently growing Panellus stipticus from Sporeworks. One variety that I desperately want is Mycena chlorophos. I have searched and searched and haven't been able to find a source. Fungi Perfecti used to sell it, but they don't offer it anymore because it is toxic. Can anyone point me in the direction of spores/cultures/syringes of this mushroom? Thanks a lot!
P.S. I'm in the United States.

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Bioluminescent spores and glowing luminous questions [Re: ivi]
    #4155555 - 05/09/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I too have has success with Panellus stipticus. The mycelium grows easily on PDA agar for me, but I did not have luck with blending the agar and trying to pass it to grain. Strangely, the same liquid culture that didn't do anything on grain, sprang to life on more agar?! I later took the agar plates and cut them up into wedges and inoculated some rye grain with mustard seed. The mycelium is now growing out on rye/mustard seeds. My experience shows the mycelium grows slowly at room temperatures, and it seems to have a very long recovery lag when subject to crushing unlike cubensis which springs back in hours.

So far for me, the glow on agar and rye grain have been very weak. In fact it's only possible to see the glow I have in total darkness and is best seen if one looks at it in the periphery of one's vision, where light sensitivity is higher. Although I have not gotten to the fruiting stage yet, I am told that fruiting is only possible on wood chips and the glow of the fruits are relatively bright, especially at the pin stage.

I hope to have fruits in the next couple months, once I inoculate some hickory wood chips with the rye.

Offlinebelladonna1
Stranger
Re: Bioluminescent spores and glowing luminous questions [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4209165 - 05/23/05 04:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thought you might like this:

These small (2cm) fruit bodies formed on 90% beech chips w/ nutritional ingredients.

Greets,
b+elladonna

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Bioluminescent spores and glowing luminous questions [Re: belladonna1]
    #4363192 - 07/02/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I am going to revive this thread: the Panellus stipticus rye bags were a failure. Transferring the mycelium wedge resulted in very slow to no growth in the rye grain. The bags didn't contaminate, but they just didn't grow well either. They started then stopped before there was any serious coverage.

Now I have a nice malt/dextrose liquid culture maturing and hope to grow a block using hickory, alder shavings, oak sawdust, and bran. The liquid culture looks like it has about three days left before it's ready, putting its maturation time at a week which is pretty rapid. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale