Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

I thought I was responsible for her death
    #26196067 - 09/18/19 06:29 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

When I was about 8-9 yrs old I was outside the house playing with the neighbors daughter who was probably 3-4 at the time. 

I watched her walk up to a hornet and reach down for it.  I remember having the conscious thought of stopping her but I didn’t.  Apparently I wad a terrible little boy for not stopping it.  I don’t recall exactly what was going through my mind but I guess I was curious to see what would happen. 

She got stung by it immediately and started screaming bloody murder.  I never saw her again after that and within a few months we moved to a different area of town. 

I suppressed this memory for probably 20-25 yrs them for some reason I started thinking about that day.  As more time passed I thought more and more about it. 

About 12 months ago I tried to ask my mom if she remembered the little girl and I was curious to know what happened to her.  My mom at the time blew me off and said she didn’t know what I was talking about.  I translated this to “something terrible did happen and my mom doesn’t want to talk about it.”  Then I started thinking about the timing of our move and I was convinced we left the neighborhood because of this little girls death. 

It was really tearing me apart thinking about it.  Like really bad.  Then I finally confronted both of my parents at the same time and it turns out they did remember her.  They don’t remember her getting stung by a hornet but they assured me that my assumption all these years were wrong.  A 900 lb elephant was lifted off my conscious immediately.  My parents eventually remembered her last name(I never forgot her first name:  Mia). 

So I decided to do a little facebook creeping and found her.  You can definitely tell she’s lived a fast life but nonetheless, she’s alive!  And kinda cute. 

Not sure what the point of this thread is but thought I would share it all with you.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineliving_failure
unworthy
Male

Loc: spain, madrid
Re: I thought I was responsible for her death [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #26197429 - 09/19/19 03:08 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Dude, thank you.

We hold ourselves gulty for things we haven't done.

Having read you, you relieved of a weight i didn't know i had.

Good read, 7/9

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being