Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Student of a Celestial Source
Male

Loc: Southern East Coast, The ...
Update... FFU wired and working !!!
    #26192704 - 09/16/19 08:25 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

This was originally posted to ask for help but I got is all sorted out...

Here is the completed unit!

10/17/19 Update!

Before this the fans did not blow hard enough because the pre-filters I installed added too much StaticPressure.

Now the FFU is up n running with variable speed and definitely blowing hard enough!!!

The little aluminum cylinder on the back of the unit inside that open box is the potentiometer nob it’s around half speed, maybe a tan higher.

I took the entire filter off and found a good spot to drill the hole for the potentiometer Nob to slide through. I purposely put it so that it would come out of the unit meanwhile still inside one of the boxes on the back to protect it.

I have yet to use it for a session but I did run it for a good 10-15 min and it’s a dream come true!

--------------------
Love, Light & Happy Trails

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

Edited by ThUmB pRiNt (10/17/19 10:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under your bed Flag
Re: FFU/Flow cabinet wiring troubles, please help ! [Re: ThUmB pRiNt]
    #26192901 - 09/16/19 10:21 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Take a pic of the actual thing you're trying to wire .. looks like you have the 2 power wires going in then out to the light then piggy backed .. the switch looks like it just plugs into the terminal ??

--------------------

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

#26192961 - 09/16/19 11:13 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

From the circuit diagram...

Terminal 1 and terminal 2 does the switching, so the hot from the circuit goes on terminal 1 and the hot for the FFU goes on T2.

The power in/power in must be for the light on the switch.  The hot from the circuit goes on one and the neutral goes on the other.

Must be that.

If you want the switch light only to be on when the FFU is on, you could pigtail from the FFU's hot to one of the power ins instead of pigtailing from the circuit hot.

But it is a slight bit unclear. I dont know what the hell is going on in that pictorial. 

Edited by JohnRainy (09/17/19 12:36 AM)

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26193279 - 09/17/19 06:41 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ThUmB pRiNt said:
I bought this 16amp 125vac/10 amp  250vac Radio shack illuminated round rocker switch 275-0028 to energize my FFU but this damn switch doesn’t say how to wire it.

I looked it up on line and I found this

I can’t figure out how to wire this up for 120vac with the led light on when the circuit is closed (when switched on)

Thanks 🙏

Ask the guys who sold it to you

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

Re: FFU/Flow cabinet wiring troubles, please help ! [Re: JohnRainy]
    #26193308 - 09/17/19 07:20 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Boogieman47 said:
Take a pic of the actual thing you're trying to wire .. looks like you have the 2 power wires going in then out to the light then piggy backed .. the switch looks like it just plugs into the terminal ??

Here’s a few pics...

If you notice in all the pics I placed the switch like it is in the diagram with the black boxes screw facing up.

The top pin is 1 and it’s also slightly a different looking metal, the bottom pin is number 2 (under the red wire) and bellow that there is a space under that that has a little slit for another pin except it’s empty and say 3, then there’s the positive and negative that come out of the switch and into the box then from the other side of that box are the 2 inputs

Last night I was tinkering with it and I was able to kind of figure out at the very least that the LED light turned on and off with the switch if you connect one of the white inputs from the box went to incoming power and the second white wire has to go on the common wire and that get the led light to turn on or off what I could not figure out is from where do I take the power from the switch to my FFU’s power converter?

I tried a few different things and couldn’t figure it out... lol

I actually burnt out the led by mistake trying all different kinds of connections.

Maybe it’s just defective...

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
From the circuit diagram...

Terminal 1 and terminal 2 does the switching, so the hot from the circuit goes on terminal 1 and the hot for the FFU goes on T2.

The power in/power in must be for the light on the switch.  The hot from the circuit goes on one and the neutral goes on the other.

Must be that.

If you want the switch light only to be on when the FFU is on, you could pigtail from the FFU's hot to one of the power ins instead of pigtailing from the circuit hot.

But it is a slight bit unclear. I dont know what the hell is going on in that pictorial. 

This actually sounds like it makes perfect sense and I’m about to try it out

Edited by ThUmB pRiNt (09/17/19 07:21 AM)

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

#26193312 - 09/17/19 07:28 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

On second thought shouldn’t one of these 2 pins be a common?

And if one is a common and the 2 white wires before the box are to control the led as I already verified wouldn’t there have to be a power in to the switch and a power out to the FFU’s power converter ?

--------------------

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

#26193620 - 09/17/19 10:51 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Doesn't seem they did it that way.  They could have, I guess, but they did not. 

When it comes to commons, I think they often do that with neutrals, less so with hots, and there is only one neutral getting hooked up there, so, nothing to common it to.

Did you try it the way I suggested above?

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

#26193679 - 09/17/19 11:16 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
Doesn't seem they did it that way.  They could have, I guess, but they did not. 

When it comes to commons, I think they often do that with neutrals, less so with hots, and there is only one neutral getting hooked up there, so, nothing to common it to.

Did you try it the way I suggested above?

My blood pressure has been dangerously high since this morning, I haven’t been able to yet.

When BP goes this high you got just lay down and rest of else it’s too much for our hearts.

I will try it as soon as it goes down again.

--------------------

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

Offlinesporecap
Shedding...

Loc: Europe
    #26193847 - 09/17/19 12:37 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

My honest advice: Please get a friend or a professional to help you. These voltages are dangerous and can kill you if you don't know 100% what you are doing.

It seems the diagram shows the 2(?) LED's in the switch, which are powered by an AC/DC converter (square box), driven by a 110V voltage source. The switching seems to be purely done by Terminal 1 and 2, which are connected/broken depending on the position of the switch.
This means the switch can be used to break/close the hot connection of your FFU or any device with less than 2kW power rating, and the white cables need to be connected to a 110V outlet individually.
A good idea would be to get a multimeter and check the internal wiring of the switch before proceeding.

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

Re: FFU/Flow cabinet wiring troubles, please help ! [Re: sporecap]
    #26194007 - 09/17/19 02:24 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Two LED's?

Yeah, I see what you're looking at.  Those two diodes, right?

There are two resistors.  One in the ballast (or whatever is the proper name for that box) input circuit and one on it's output.

Im going to assume that the first resistor, the 470,000 ohm one, which is in parallel with a contact, is so that the switch will light up differently whether it's on or off. 

That paralleled resistor/contact part will let a tiny bit of current through the box when it's off, and a lot more when it's on, which could be used to make different indicators for those two states.  OP says he wants the light on only when the FFU is on, but perhaps that's redundant.

Or perhaps it's a generic part that does that on other products. 

The other resistor is for the LED's themselves.  The 'ballast resistor'.

I hate scaring people with 110v death warnings.  Yes it's true that people have died from 110v shocks, but it's pretty rare.  How many of them have you gotten in your life?  I know Ive had a few.

Just work with the breaker off.  Once you got it wired, turn the breaker back on.  That's what the pros do.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26194067 - 09/17/19 03:02 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I thought the other picture was the switch itself  ?? The one showing the terminals must be just the light itself ?

--------------------

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

Re: FFU/Flow cabinet wiring troubles, please help ! [Re: Boogieman47]
    #26194138 - 09/17/19 03:59 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Im not sure what you are referring to. 

There is a pictorial and a circuit diagram in the instructions, and some pics taken by OP.

Im strictly referring to the circuit diagram, as it was an electrical question, and I don't understand what the hell is going on in that pictorial.  It's like there should be third part, a termination block with two terminals.

Maybe you're supposed to connect T1 and T2 with stake-ons.

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

#26194220 - 09/17/19 04:43 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Boogieman47 said:
I thought the other picture was the switch itself  ?? The one showing the terminals must be just the light itself ?

The only lights involved in this project are the led’s those picture are of the switch.

I didn’t post a front pic cuz you guys know what a rocker switch is, spst

But here it is.

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
Im not sure what you are referring to. 

There is a pictorial and a circuit diagram in the instructions, and some pics taken by OP.

Im strictly referring to the circuit diagram, as it was an electrical question, and I don't understand what the hell is going on in that pictorial.  It's like there should be third part, a termination block with two terminals.

Maybe you're supposed to connect T1 and T2 with stake-ons.

Ya some manufactures send a terminal block but not theses guys I purchased another one for a different project that came with one

With these I just got 2 females for those pins, the ones used in cars or car audio

Quote:

sporecap said:
My honest advice: Please get a friend or a professional to help you. These voltages are dangerous and can kill you if you don't know 100% what you are doing.

It seems the diagram shows the 2(?) LED's in the switch, which are powered by an AC/DC converter (square box), driven by a 110V voltage source. The switching seems to be purely done by Terminal 1 and 2, which are connected/broken depending on the position of the switch.
This means the switch can be used to break/close the hot connection of your FFU or any device with less than 2kW power rating, and the white cables need to be connected to a 110V outlet individually.
A good idea would be to get a multimeter and check the internal wiring of the switch before proceeding.

That sounds pretty weird, why would 1 switch need two power sources ?

--------------------

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

Re: FFU/Flow cabinet wiring troubles, please help ! [Re: Edmunter]
    #26194228 - 09/17/19 04:46 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:
Quote:

ThUmB pRiNt said:
I bought this 16amp 125vac/10 amp  250vac Radio shack illuminated round rocker switch 275-0028 to energize my FFU but this damn switch doesn’t say how to wire it.

I looked it up on line and I found this

I can’t figure out how to wire this up for 120vac with the led light on when the circuit is closed (when switched on)

Thanks 🙏

Ask the guys who sold it to you

I got it a long time ago

--------------------

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

#26194241 - 09/17/19 05:00 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

He must be referring to the fact that you need two hot wires for your light switch there.  One for the LED and one for the switching terminals. 

They can be from the same circuit.  It's there that they could have made a common, but they did not. 

Since there is no common, that might give you the option of having the switch light come on when the FFU is running, and shut off when the unit is off, since you can connect the LED to the switched power via the FFU's hot.

Im all interested in this thread.  I hope you get it working and tell us what was what there.

Edited by JohnRainy (09/17/19 06:36 PM)

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26194423 - 09/17/19 06:02 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

From the diagram it looked like you had a switch and a light ... but technically both are hot going in .. what were you using to run power?

--------------------

Offlinesporecap
Shedding...

Loc: Europe
    #26194906 - 09/18/19 12:41 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
Quote:

He must be referring to the fact that you need two hot wires for your light switch there.  One for the LED and one for the switching terminals. 

They can be from the same circuit.  It's there that they could have made a common, but they did not. 

Since there is no common, that might give you the option of having the switch light come on when the FFU is running, and shut off when the unit is off, since you can connect the LED to the switched power via the FFU's hot.

Im all interested in this thread.  I hope you get it working and tell us what was what there.

Yes, good point. The switch is designed in a way that the power supply for the LED (white wires) need 110VAC, but you can switch anything with the switch itself, be it 110VAC, 220VAC or DC (as long as its power rating is respected). But a DC current could not be connected to the white wires.
So if your FFU is also running on 110/120VAC, which I guess it is, you can connect the hot to both one of the termial and one of the white cables. The other white goes to neutral, and the other terminal to the hot side of your FFU.
From the diagram it's not clear to me how the LED is switched on or off. Maybe it's supposed to be bright all the time when connected to a power source? Or maybe that was actually your question how to modify the wiring so that the LED only lights up when the FFU is running? :lol:  :foreheadslap:

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

#26224683 - 10/02/19 11:42 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Ok so to make things easier for me I decided to put my switch between the main power source which is 120vac so it goes in this order...

120vac power source - switch - ac to dc converter (input 120vac output 36vdc) - FFU

This old switch can either be wired for the led to always be on or to be on while the circuit is open or to be on when the circuit is closed.

I figured out how to wire it with the help of our family on here but I burnt out the led before helped me lol so now I am replacing that old rocker switch I had laying around for this new and much nicer Latching
Push button.

This one is also rated for 120vac/250vac but when doing this I have to put a 75k 1/4 w resistor in series with the positive pin (+)

I already have the resistors in hand and I’m ready to do this...

Can anyone guide me just to make sure I’m doing this right

Lol I would really be bummed if I burn out another led

--------------------

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

Edited by ThUmB pRiNt (10/02/19 11:43 AM)

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

#26233998 - 10/06/19 06:17 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Everything is up and running thanks to the help of some of our fellow Shroomerites.

Here is the back of the unit with the prefilters I built onto the unit, I installed the push switch but I forgot to take pictures of the switch...

Next time I am in the shop I will take more pictures of the entire unit, plus I still have to buy another piece and I have to install it so that I have variable speed

--------------------

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

InvisibleThUmB pRiNt
Male

#26240137 - 10/09/19 12:17 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Updates!!!

Updates!!!

Im almost done but I still have to add a potentiometer to be able to regulate the fans speeds since the pre filters added too much sp.

--------------------

THUMB PRINT'S TRADE LIST

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder