Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
The Beauty Of Simplicity. (For all Painters/Visual Artists)
    #2618191 - 04/29/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The beauty of simplicity

When there's a blank piece of paper in front of me, I sometimes stare at it for countless minutes. If I saw myself doing this, I would describe myself wincing, maybe looking offward into the mid-air nothingness and then perhaps frowning in deep thought. The expressions are probably numerous.

Inside, I seem to be pushing and pulling away different ideas, all of these shadows and shapes in complete darkness. All I do is feel my way amongst them.

I start with only a stroke, a line, or a smudge. Electricity is the only word to describe the way I feel. The sadness or occupying thoughts that may have been bogging me down earlier turn to dust and blow away in the wind. The world outside of my own curls away into itself like a closing flower, while a new one opens right before my eyes. A million possibilities with only one drop of paint. Every swirl evoking such feelings, memories, places and dreamscapes, continuing onward, having less and less to do with my manipulation of it, and more and more to do with just plain physics. Like gravity forcing the paint to move towards a direction, the way the light reflects off the glistening paint while it is still wet. The way the dry paper absorbs the moisture content of the paint I use, and the way colours collide, forming new colours that are almost impossible to duplicate ever again. The simplicity of it is so beautiful, though. It asks nothing, yet answers everything about what life is all about. It never wants to challenge me, and I never want to restrain it. I can only add more, and try to show others... I try so hard to show others this simplicity, but it's difficult. People aren?t used to simplicity. People expect deep meaning, intricate explanations and some sort of relevance. The only way I can feed their hunger for this is to attach an idea to it, to "paint something" that I imagine in my head. An idea that challenges the viewer, forcing me to restrain its beauty, to force myself on it, to manipulate it into an image. An image of maybe a field, a stream, a flower, or even a weed. But no matter what it is, I try to make it as beautiful as possible, as logical as possible for the viewer, yet still trying to challenge the viewer to see it the way I see it. I prefer not to do things for people to please them, but I must.

I always dream of a world changing because of my art. I want to show everyone that trying to change things, restrain things, manipulate things, and challenging things only undermines the beauty of simplicity, the beauty of the way things were meant to be. Because when you don't restrain simplicity, there is beauty. Stop fighting it and just sit and see how simple the world really is.... I do this with Art.

By Northernsoul
- How I feel when I do my watercolouring, anyone else out there?

Can you relate?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: The Beauty Of Simplicity. (For all Painters/Visual Artis [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2618198 - 04/29/04 09:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nothingness is pretty beautiful sometimes isn't it.  :smirk:

I feel that way, and then I try to draw a few strokes, realize I cannot draw, and find something else to do :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: The Beauty Of Simplicity. (For all Painters/Visual Artists) [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2618199 - 04/29/04 09:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Show us some of your art!

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media