Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

what is "Love"?
    #26178543 - 09/09/19 08:13 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Was reading some Krishnamurti the other day and he was talking about how when you see beauty, or something beautiful, like a mountain with snow capped peaks across a blue sky, or a sunset/sunrise, for that moment, you forget "yourself", your worries, your family, your job, all that for the moment is put aside.

And I think he mentioned, or I just thought up, how love is like that, timeless, selfless, speechless, but what is love to you? I can think of ways on how to express it, you can share that too, but what is that connection of cognition that you define "Love" as?

could Love be "connection" itself?

are there many forms of Love? or can you narrow it down?

In the Bible, it is said "God is Love", what does that mean?

I can say I believe in love, but what I think love is just flows naturally from me, but can't pin point it, for example, the reaction to say "i'm not angry at you even though you carelessly gave me bed bugs" etc etc, it comes from inside me, to forgive, to respect, to admit humility, to give my drugs to you without thinking of reward, to offer nights to stay in my apartment for a friend even though I like my alone time...

But I feel this lack, this emptiness, due to not knowing what Love is, but having the ability to feel/express it, it might not make sence, but I feel like a dog trying to catch it's own tail trying to find out what this Love inside of me is, just running around in circles, it makes me sad searching for a definition, thinking it's the answer to all man's problems, but uncertain, but maybe it's because I can't "control" love that makes it feel so allusive.

Is Love the answer to pretty much everything? if so, what is it?

Yes, a very simple thread, but to me it's important.

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePocketLady
 User Gallery

Re: what is "Love"? [Re: saintdextro] * 1
    #26178881 - 09/10/19 01:03 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Great topic :smile: Words are so limiting when it comes to stuff like this, but I like what the Dalai Lama said:

“Love is the absence of judgement.”

I don't think he's just talking about judging people or things to be good or bad etc, but literally the mind making any form of judgement or conceptualisation about something. As soon as I conceptualise something, try to define it, make it concrete, it exists as something that is separate from me. I like what you are saying about connection. In my currently very limited understanding of love, love is seeing everything as part of me. When I see other people or things as part of me, I want to give to them as much as I want to give to myself.

The kind of love we most often experience in society seems very self-centered. I love certain people more than others, because of what they give me in return. I love a flower because of the way it looks, because I get pleasure from looking at it. I love my friends or partner because they have certain qualities that appeal to me, or they make me feel a certain way, or I like the experiences I have with them. If they do enough things I don't like, I stop loving them. It all generally revolves around what we receive from the experience of loving. This kind of love is limiting because I am taking it, consuming it, and it is dependent upon external circumstances. Eventually I use it all up and it disappears.

Spiritual love, or impersonal love is about giving, instead of receiving. How can I be of service? How can I help? What do other people need? It feels like it's recognising the same essence in myself and in everyone and everything around me. It doesn't matter if it's my beloved, or if it's Hitler, because it's a recognition that goes beyond surface appearances and sees that everything is God, and is therefore a part of me. For me, this kind of love takes effort to cultivate, because I am constantly looking back at myself wondering what I am getting from it. What's in it for me? It's a challenging habit to break, but it seems to get easier the more I practice. The best thing about this kind of love is that it is limitless. Because I am creating the love, and giving it, I can just keep on creating more and more of it, forever.

--------------------
Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.

~ Rumi

The day we start giving Love instead of seeking Love, we will have re-written our whole destiny.
~ Swami Chinmayanada Saraswatir

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: what is "Love"? [Re: saintdextro]
    #26178890 - 09/10/19 01:11 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

When God loves you He makes you into a big fat zero. Yes the superiority/inferiority complex foisted by the literature is reflected in a game's score: 15/Love: That's us, the zero in God's love. My 2 cents.

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: what is "Love"? [Re: Buster_Brown] * 1
    #26178914 - 09/10/19 01:23 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.

No more.

(That's love btw).

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: what is "Love"? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26178931 - 09/10/19 01:34 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.

No more.

(That's love btw).

Yeah, the ominous side of love has it's place in our reflections.

Offlinekillingravensun
destroying angel

Loc: cult of the sun machine
Re: what is "Love"? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #26192999 - 09/17/19 12:04 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

love is mental dis ease

the end stage of judging good from evil

the secret of the knowledge of good and evil is that evil always subverts good

evil will do anything to gain advantage over good while good can only do what is good

good unknowingly does evil works

evil always wins in the the battle of good vs evil

love is the greatest evil

love excuses evil acts for the greater good

love allows some to suffer so others may prosper

love begets hate

love is a mask for killing

appreciation is the antidote to the poison of love

--------------------
evil always wins, good can only do good, evil will lie and cheat until it fools good into doing evil

freedom is the ability to take wrong action, right actions are constrained by nature

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: what is "Love"? [Re: killingravensun]
    #26193017 - 09/17/19 12:22 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Love is the meaning of attachment

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #26194660 - 09/17/19 08:06 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlineamanita blunt
Stranger
    #26196095 - 09/18/19 04:49 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

person-to-person: my personal definition is a voluntary exchange of energy between people.
many relationships are built upon a fearful adherence to what one has learned they are "supposed to do" in life i.e. valentine's day, marriage, hallmark cards, and to value a projection of what a person is to you rather than who they truly are. feeling better that a person exists, regardless of what they can do for you.

and then there's love one feels for anything else, which I suppose I would define similarly. ever felt like a mushroom in the woods was calling to you, like "hey, you seem pretty legit. you should eat me before some other asshole does" yeah?

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: what is "Love"? [Re: amanita blunt] * 2
    #26196114 - 09/18/19 04:58 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Love is the only place we allow mystery to infiltrate our absolutes.

This is why it feels good.
It is closest we get to humility and closer to truth than all else.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies