Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
In Search of Ibogaine!
    #2610444 - 04/28/04 03:33 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I am in deep need of Ibogaine (from the Tabernanthe Iboga shrub) for a few close friends and my cousin who have various drug addictions  :crying:. If anyone knows of a way to obtain the plant could you please let me know? It was on sale from Shaman Australis website but I don't think it is any longer.

I found this Australian site but they haven't replied to my question about quantity (3s for $110?) so I'm afraid they are dodgy.

http://www.medicine-garden.com.au/nursery.php?id=n&name=Nursery&offset=160

Please help! Thanks

PS this is not Merkaba, but his sister

peace

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: In Search of Ibogaine! [Re: Merkin]
    #2610612 - 04/28/04 06:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2611093 - 04/28/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ibogaine is illegal in the us :nonono: :nonono: :sad: :crying:

why dont you try calling the company that you have the link for.  could 3s mean 3 seeds?

~JSlice~

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2612457 - 04/28/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was able to buy some Ibogaine HCL in Amsterdam when I was there this spring. It's the only time I have ever seen it. It's not readily available ,but I was there gathering data from a therapist who works with it and was able to aquire some.

Your best bet is to find a someone willing to sell you the plant. There is a clinic in Canada that offers Ibogaine treatment ,but I hear its very expensive.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2612547 - 04/28/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Remember that i this is a very very heavy hallucionogen with a lasting of three days of effects. IT is not a recreational drug.

My friend Giorgio asamorini was the first and only white man for many years to be the first initiate into the Bwiti cult in Africa. he was the first white man to become a memnber of said cult and the first to participate in a three day ceremony.

In Amsterdam this compound is used by c some psychiatrists to help in Opiate and cocaine addiction. The cost is usually around a thousand dollaars and up for the therapy for one session.

And as also noted is illegal in the USA.

Be safe about this. Read some of Samorini's work or read Claudio Naranjo's chapter on this palnt in his OP book, "The Healing Journey." HE is the only Western Civilizzation therapist to experiment with this compound oon patients int he west.

mj

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: In Search of Ibogaine! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2612955 - 04/28/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't know that Melbourne was in the U.S......

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2614793 - 04/29/04 02:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys!! Yea I'm aware I have to do further research..

Chinacat: I've read that the HCL is used in thereapy treatment over there.(I've also seen it for sale online $$$!) What did you think of it? Did it help your sickness?

Thanks for the further info mjshroomer.
I'm just unsure if it would be worthy of using it unprofessionally?
It sounds very promising though

thanks again!

--------------------

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2615270 - 04/29/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Don't you guys know? Voacanga Africana is very simular to Iboga and legal in the US. Both have a few alkaloids of the same family..VA doesn't have ibogaine itself, but..well, you do the chemical research, they are simular. Really do look into the chemistry here, it is amazing, these compounds are so much more complicated than the traditional psychedelics. I have some VA that I'm saving for the right time..for a massive, transformative, 30 hour trip. Sometime this summer I hope. Anyone thinking about doing these drugs has got to be ready for a super heavy experience..they are not used as initiation into adult hood and the tribal community for nothing

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: In Search of Ibogaine! [Re: rdnp2035]
    #2617372 - 04/29/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i was to say too, this should be a heavy ended (serious) trip...
take care!

FH

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2617746 - 04/29/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chinacat: I've read that the HCL is used in thereapy treatment over there.(I've also seen it for sale online $$$!) What did you think of it? Did it help your sickness?

I got it through the theraputic community in Amsterdam a month ago. I wasn't dope sick looking to get clean. I'm a graduate student studying it with hopes of doing some studys with it in the US. I was in Europe for vacation and I was in Amsterdam to talk to and gather data from professionals who use it.

Also from what I hear be very carfeul about buying Ibogaine HCL online. I have never heard of somebody not getting ripped off

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2618959 - 04/29/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2620876 - 04/30/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm curouis, how effective is it? I've had my own success with mushrooms, not with drug addiction, but motivation to work on a career for myself. Doing mushrooms showed me what would happen if I continued to be afraid of trying and slacking off. I no longer got the same rewards in the things that distracted me, and I think drug addiction is somewhat simuliar in that the motivation to use outweighs everything else.

Invisibleshriek

Re: In Search of Ibogaine! [Re: Twirling]
    #2620891 - 04/30/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

im having seeds to both ibogaine and voacanga , havent given them much thought tho and started to grow them yet, i wonder for how long these seeds stays viable? (if anyone knows?) these plants sounds intresting.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: In Search of Ibogaine! [Re: shriek]
    #2622041 - 04/30/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Also, how long does it take for that plant to mature enough to harvest its bark/roots.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineKerin
Strange
Loc: UK
Re: In Search of Ibogaine! [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2625754 - 05/01/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"Also from what I hear be very careful about buying Ibogaine HCL online. I have never heard of somebody not getting ripped off "

Hello all, I'm obviously new :smile:
I also need a source for the elusive stuff, but the only way I have is to buy online, and the only HCL source I can find is the ethnogarden one already posted above....I could probably deal with the price if I knew that site was genuine, but am wary of being ripped off...has anyone here had any experience of buying anything from them? not just iboga, but stuff in general?

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2635995 - 05/04/04 06:01 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so here is the lowdown on our search for Ibogaine...

Medicine Garden in NSW, Australia shows they have it on their website, but unfortunately this is no longer the case as their supplier sadly passed away... and they have no other leads on the plant within the country.

Full support to everyone who works at the Garden though, they are doing their best to help with drug abuse and other problems within legal limitations constituted especially for the vile pharmacutical industry. The fantastic guy I talked to did however give me some other relevant information.

1. If you try to import Ibogaine from overseas, do not attempt to conceal it in things such as coffee, be honest about the contents, and ask the sender to label the package clearly.
2. Despite different methods of obtainment many attempts are fruitless, yet the benefits are worth it!
3. This is great: Ibogaine = I begin again
4. Even if you get Ibogaine, the treatment is a complex psychological journey and all care must be taken, research, research!
5. There is an Australian relative to Iboga, by the name of Ervatamia, and this is the current plant of choice being used. It's very good for less serious drug addictions, but the process is difficult. It takes 2 days and 2 supervisors looking after the person going through treatment.
4. Ervatamia is $AUS200 per kg. one kilo needs to be drunk over the two days and night in between.

IMPERATIVE: Last but not least, if anyone does get it, PLEASE let me know! I'm going to try to import it and will tell you how it goes.

Thanks!

PS I will soon be a member of Shroomery under the name of Lovelight but for now think of me as Merkaba's wonderful sister!

--------------------

OfflineKerin
Strange
    #2636390 - 05/04/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Before buying you might like to check these out as well Lovelight

Indra (link deleted, it's not a decent or advised source of Ibogaine from what I've found out)

Cannapee

Another alternative for rootbark...someone here said they are a good company that they've dealt with and had no problems with in another thread of mine

The Indra link I got off the UK ibogaine site, so am assuming it too is genuine, however, I deleted it due to info on that site I found when researching further.
You probably have these already, but just in case you don't, lots of useful information on both these sites below

http://www.ibogaine.co.uk/
http://www.ibogaine.desk.nl/index.html

Ethnogardedn is the only site I've found that claims to sell the HCL, which is why it would be very useful to find someone who's bought pretty much Anything off them...to get a general idea of whether they're reputable as a company....I live an hours (Cheap) flight from Ansterdam, and could go there to buy the stuff myself if only I had a contact or knew where, failing that I'm stuck looking for it the same as you
Good luck :smile:

Edited by Kerin (05/09/04 07:53 AM)

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2654929 - 05/08/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for that Kerin!

I posted the following points here as well as in the Australian Ethnobotany Forum, and here is a reply I got.

1. If you try to import Ibogaine from overseas, do not attempt to conceal it in things such as coffee, be honest about the contents, and ask the sender to label the package clearly.

This rule applies to quarantinable material. if you mislabel a quarantinable product and it gets found then AQIS will destroy it and may charge you with an offence. if you label it honestly then there is a good chance that the parcelw on't get opened and will pass through to you even if it is not quarantine permitted.
The issue with Iboga is NOT a quarantine matter and Medicine Garden knows this. Ibogaine and anything containing ibogaine is a CUSTOMS prohibited import. Importing iboga seeds is regarded under the law the same as importing a bit of heroin. The only difference is that if you have no previous customs offences or seizures then they will usually not bother to prosecute until the second time. They will use the registered mail seizure notice of the first seizure as evidence that you were aware of the illegal act. Theoretically they don't need to wait for the second seizure to prosecute under the law, but without being able to proove that the importer knew it was an illegal act they often don't obtain a conviction and hence prefer not to waste their time. If you have drug convictions then customs may not wait for the second offence.

3. This is great: Ibogaine = I begin again

Ibogaine is a dangerous substance. People have died from it. It is imperative that you and your charge do as much study on this as possible. Do a search on Howard Lotsof and Deborah Mash, who have pioneered ibogaine treatments. Also have a look at ibogaine.org and join the two active ibogaine mailing lists. You will find that ECG and liver function tests are essential and you will also need t learn about drug interactions 9the main cause of ibogaine deaths).

4. Even if you get Ibogaine, the treatment is a complex psychological journey and all care must be taken, research, research!

yes. very important is the aftercare. You ahve just taken away something that occupies a persons mind and life 24/7. This must be filled with new routines and positive feedback. A close contact person such as family or friend is essential for up to 6 moths afterwards, and so is professional drug counselling. A job goes a long way to mopping up routine issues. A total change of circle of friends (ie the druggy ones) is also a good idea to reduce temptation. But possibly the most important aspect is to keep some iogaine handy for maintenance doses afterwards. It is thought that noribogaine (a metabolite of ibogaine) is rsponsible for the 3-4 week afterglow which presents the weaning & adjustment phase. For many people 3 weeks is not enough and a small 50-100mg dose may be required at that point.
Ibogaine does not fix everyone. Only about 50% of patients end up drug free for an extended period. Some of them will go back eventually, but this is probably due to poor preparation.

5. There is an Australian relative to Iboga, by the name of Ervatamia, and this is the current plant of choice being used. It's very good for less serious drug addictions, but the process is difficult. It takes 2 days and 2 supervisors looking after the person going through treatment.
Ervatamia is $AUS200 per kg. one kilo needs to be drunk over the two days and night in between.

Oh dear. I wonder if Steve is ready to take responsibility for such a statement. 100-150g of Ervatamia leaves (it's the leaves that are rich in ibogaine) can cause total temporary blindness and severe sideeffects. I know several people who have been experimenting with this over the last 8 years and they have all found it to be utterly useless for large dose experiments. We grow alot of this species (which is actually correctly named Tabernaemontana orientalis) and would never recommend anyone to use it as it is. There may be ways of extracting the ibogaine from it to make it more acceptable, but that is beyond most home preparative methods.

IMPERATIVE: Last but not least, if anyone does get it, PLEASE let me know! I'm going to try to import it and will tell you how it goes.

We have been growing plants for many years. While it will still be a few years before we have any rootbark available, we will be selling plants soon. In fact we have plenty of them already, but as they are so temperature sensitive we have decided not to start selling them until spring (they die at 10 degC). Even better news is that one of our oldest plants has finally produced a seedpod... the first of many I hope.
If you do plan to import it then be prepared to deal with a federal drug conviction.

OfflineKerin
Strange
    #2656108 - 05/09/04 07:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

To update, since my last post I've discovered more information about the indra extraction and so have deleted the link I put in....apparently it has over ten alkaloids and has been tested and found to have anything between 0% and 8% ibogaine....It's obviously not a good source due to variable ibogaine and 9 other alkaloids that are unecessary and possibly harmful.

As far as I'm aware it's still completely legal here in the UK, and so shouldn't present problems to import. I'll have to wait until my man comes here from the US which may not be for a couple of months yet, and naturally it's his choice whether he feels he needs the stuff to "top-up" his efforts to stay clean from crack, but if and when I have to import it for him, I'll let you know how it goes :smile:

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: In Search of Ibogaine! [Re: Kerin]
    #2672373 - 05/13/04 05:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sounds interesting. thanks again.

good luck on your man, do something, before it's really too late

merkabah

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom