Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Therapy
    #2610574 - 04/28/04 05:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Many years ago, I had a single visit with a psych-(one or the other). I was quite young. 11-14, something like that. I didn't want to talk to her, I didn't want to be there, and she knew it.

Years later, the media has consistently bombarded me with the notion that Therapy is a positive and helpful behavior. Most notable is the tv series Sopranos and a movie a saw (and would like to discuss) recently called A Happy Accident.

If you are not familiar, you've got homework. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208196/

I consider myself paranoid. Not like crazy, paranoid, just.. uh. well?

Everthing seems to be connected. When I hear people speak, sometimes their words have multiple meanings to me. Often they seem to be designed to help me. Sometimes even, the words that someone will say to me won't register as their intended meaning, but touch me on an intellectualization that exists only in my paranoid spider web mind.

If you know me, you know that one of my favorite topics of discussion is time travel. I feel I have a pretty good understanding of it, and I like to discuss and debate and expand my understanding of it.

Lately, I've been crazy lonely. Most of my mental energy is spent thinking about relationships. Along comes this movie. Go see it, it's great.

The interactions that people have (on tv anyway) with their therapists appeals to me. I would like a therapist who is at least as smart as me, and who can actually come closer to knowing ME, than anyone with whom I am currently aquainted.

I really think I have alot of emotional and psychological problems for which I need help, professional help.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Therapy [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2610973 - 04/28/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'll keep my eye out for that movie, thanks recalcitrant. Are you familiar with Donald Mallet's time machine?

By all means, get professional help. Many people advocate (Ken Wilber, Roger Walsh, etc.) that EVERYONE could use psychological help. It may be best to find a psychologist that is familiar with higher states of consciousness so that you are not indoctrinated into 'flatland' thinking.

Take care!

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2611713 - 04/28/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think a lot of people that go to therapy are simply paying someone to find them interesting, and I find them childish and whiny. There are some people who genuinely benefit from memory regression, hypnosis, prescribed medicine etc., but the overwhelming majority are just self-centered bored people who want to talk about themselves, or are so emotionally and mentally inept that they can't/won't examine anything from another perspective.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2611758 - 04/28/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not one for therapy. I'd try to solve my own problems first using psychedelics, meditation and nature

I've had to go to therapy once. I was completely against it from the moment I had it suggested, and as soon as I got there I told them that I thought it was just brainwashing. It was, it was shitty, I learned nothing from it and was glad to get out after a couple months

People need to learn to deal with their own problems. Divinity lies within, not with the psychiatrists or religion or the government. I've always had this view, yet people will constantly tell argue it, telling themselves they need to look to others/ medications to become "normal."

It's all neurochemistry, and some people are born with disorders. Yet the more they tell themselves they can't overcome it, the more it actually happens. People can get over so many things: near fatal accidents, brain damage and traumatic brain injuries, death, yet they can't go over a bit of depression and loneliness without medication and "professional" help.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Therapy [Re: Ravus]
    #2612020 - 04/28/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I've never been to a therapist so you definitely have the inside view of this more than me. But when people undergo traumatic physical injuries they really don't get over it by themselves. They are stiched together in an operating room by professional surgeons.

Likewise, if a person is refusing to face a deep psychological need which must be met, a properly trained professional therapist may be able to help one face the issues that must be faced. Isn't that what therapy is (or should be)? Isn't this the same kind of thing that psychadellics often do (among others)?

A therapist cannot take care of anyone's problems, all they can do is help one understand what the REAL problem is so the patient can work on it themself.

At least that is my perception of it.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2615130 - 04/29/04 06:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Some people have grown up with an inability to self reflect and identify their problems, let alone start to work on them... They might have had some traumatic experiences that they weren't able to mentally deal with at that time, and etc. etc., these people need help to get going. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: Therapy [Re: Ravus]
    #2615143 - 04/29/04 06:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ravus thats pretty sad that you have to use psychedelics to get through your own problems, psychedelics shouldn't be used as a crotch for emotional, spiritual, or physical problems but rather as a treat after once you have gotten through them. i have been to a spiritual therapist, life coach, counsellor and it was freaking excellent. this guy knew everything i had been through on a deeper level. pitty it costs a bit or else i would see him constaintly. the therapy did its trick got me out of my dark hole and back into the light and i am very thankful that i had a chance to go to the session.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Anonymous

Re: Therapy [Re: spudamore]
    #2615184 - 04/29/04 07:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ravus thats pretty sad that you have to use psychedelics to get through your own problems

Its not like he said he is numbing his pain with psychedelics. He simply said he would rather find his own personal answer from within while meditating on a psychedelic with the energy of nature surrounding him. That is his right to do so. Psychedelics are a self exploration key, and that is exactly what he said he would be doing. He'd find the answer within himself, becuase he knows that is exactly where the answer to any personal problem lies(in the heart), not at some shrink. he can grow his own shrooms for free, have a free spiritual experience that would help wayyyyyyyyyy more than paying an assload of money on some therapist who doesnt know him like HE knows HIMSELF.

plus he said he would "try", not keep doing and doing and doing even if it did not work for him until he got a suitable answer, but i believe this man knows what he is doing and can heal himself with the knowledge he has and does not need anyone else to "try" and tell him what his problem is.

sorry ravus, thats just what i got out of your post, my appologies if i am wrong

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: Therapy [Re: ]
    #2615230 - 04/29/04 08:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i am not denying his right to have that choice. but for all his problems he is going to use the same gateway to sort it all out but i just think there are easier ways to get through it all. and for that last remark i didn't pay for it and the person that was doing the therapy was a remarkable person and you probably wouldn't even beleive me if i told you what happened or who he is or what he is. but that was the only way to get me out of all of my shit at that point in time. there is no short cut to having spiritual experiences by taking or popping pills and other crap. it might open your mind for things to come but certaintly no short cut because after the trip you might feel good but nothing in your perception would have changed in the next months to come and you are just chasing you tail going around and around in circles trying to learn the same lesson over and over again

--------------------

Anonymous

#2615232 - 04/29/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

on a personal note, i have to go to a drug rehab counselor by order of the court when i got busted for selling pot.  This lady knows damn well i dont need to see her ass, but makes me come and pay her for nothing anyways, and it pisses me off. but i go in there all radiating positive vibes anyways.  All i do is talk about my spirituality to her, its like wtf does this got to do with drugs?  sure she tells me weed a a hallucinogen and that some people get addicted, but i told her ass i am not one of them.  she showed me a picture of a half glass of water, a full glass of water and a damn near empty glass of water and compares it to our dopamine and seratonin levels in the brain.  she told me the full glass is when we are on drugs, the half is what it normally should be and the empty glass is what it is like after we use drugs and that is why we feel all drained.  But i explained to her that i was never all drained and depressed with my use because of how spiritual i am.  I told her its like i am on that ecstasy drug all the time, but sober just becuase i am intune with the light of god(the love!). and she KNOWS this and has nothing to say to contradict this, but makes me go see her anyways, it is totally ignorant of her to make me come in and see her.  i am passing all drug tests as i am not using because i dont want to go to jail(im on probation obviously) over a lil weed.

point is, yes, atleast lets get a therapist that is wiser than ourselvese on such matters as well being and self control.  i mean she was telling me her beliefs and shit, but i sense it all, she was basically saying "this is right, right? you do agree right?"....just not saying it straight up.  i aint trying to be arrogant either, i just know shit like this, it aint hard to spot in people.  and i scared her a few times with some of the shit i said about love and oneness and my out of body experiences.  i feel fear and nervousness(not my own) too, its like a deep beat of my heart, when i am totally calm, i got it next to this bitch today at the park when i said something to her, i think i made her nervous or made her feel stupid, lol oops, i just feel their feelings sometimes out of nowhere over my own calmness, what else can i say to describe it?  its psychic awareness, i aint stupid, it is because i have quieted my mind and thus i feel others feelings, and many times even over their own feeligns, i feel their deep down true feelings even when they have them hidden with drugs.  prolly cuz of obes, or nde, i dont know, im not normal human anymore, im all 'tweaked', but im down with it....sometimes.  sometimes i see things that i dont want to even see and it hurts me, but i have to hide it cuz otherwise people will wonder wtf is wrong with me.  there is no way any therapist could explain half the shit i feel spiritually, unless they were on my level or even deeper of a level...they are definitely out there of course, but around here i dont fucking think so.  I honestly(maybe arrogantly) believe i was sent to this woman, not her to me, to teach her a few things.  because she is pretty open minded, but i think with the things i talk to her about i am opening it further for the better, and that is one of the reasons i have to see her ass so fucking much when SHE KNOWS GOOD AND WELL I DONT NEED TO FUCKING BE THERE, WTF!!!???  who is counseliing who here?  why am i paying her? what is this shit?  i dont need a therapist. i am my own therapist.  im like ravus :laugh: :heart:

Anonymous

#2615246 - 04/29/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

there is no short cut to having spiritual experiences by taking or popping pills and other crap. it might open your mind for things to come but certaintly no short cut because after the trip you might feel good but nothing in your perception would have changed in the next months to come and you are just chasing you tail going around and around in circles trying to learn the same lesson over and over again

well its certainly not my, nor ravus' fault if you dont learn your lesson the first time around.  or maybe when you did it all you did was numb your pain, im talking about actually finding an answer and healing yourself, not just hiding behind drugs.  if yoru going to listen to your heart, atleast dont forget what it says. :tongue:

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #2615261 - 04/29/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i have never done any of those things because i know that it can fuck you up in someways. i have found my answers for now and am healed learnt my lessons and many of them, but i am just saying that there are easier ways then just taking drugs to try and find your answer and self healing

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #2615265 - 04/29/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like you need to see if you can change your theraphist because you need it badly if you have to pay big time for the sessions you would at least want to take something away from the session

--------------------

Anonymous

#2615363 - 04/29/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

she is the most spiritual in the whole place, this other fool that did my drug evaluation thinks you can put god in your pocket, im thinkin wtf the whole time, he says he believes in a pocket god, i have no fucking idea what he is on.  :confused:  the rest have to be totally nuts...she is about the only sane one i can go to.  or that atleast wouldnt think my obe's are just from some crazy drugs im taking or have taken, she atleast understands they are totally natural and real, not some hallucination.

and yes i agree that drugs arent the best way to deal with problems, i was pretty much just upset you say you were sad for him, that was mean man...you dont have to diss him to make your point or anything.  You made him out to be some kind of loser that does what he said he would try first.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #2617596 - 04/29/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah sorry i should have worded it better sorry about that. i don't think anyone is a loser i accept everybody as they are it mighten have not seemed like that last night but i truely do.

--------------------

Edited by spudamore (04/29/04 04:57 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2618036 - 04/29/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I went for counseling years ago. It was very helpful. I sort of counselor hopped until I became lucky and found one at least as smart as me, he could help me get grounded. Some people can do it on their own, some of us need someone to run things by. If you don't have anyone smart enough in your life to talk to you on your level, then by all means pay someone to do it.

I recently went to counseling for 6 months after my marriage ended. She was really smart. Helped a lot.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds