Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMcGrimm
Professor of Peace

Is this a good PC that can play anything? * 1
    #26170582 - 09/05/19 12:41 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I am looking at buying a "refurbished" PC.  This one is still under $2k by a few hundred.
I am not a savvy with PC hardware and do not feel comfortable, nor do I have the time to build one myself

Id love a laptop, but they are expensive and usually shit...

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7 6950X 10 Core
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X99 DELUXE
MEMORY: 32GB DDR4 2400MHZ
SSD: INTEL 750 SERIES 800GB SSD
PSU: Corsair HX1200i 1200W
WIFI: DUAL BAND PCIE WIRELESS CARD
SOUND: ZXR SOUNDBLASTER SOUND CARD
COOLING: Corsair H100i v2 Liquid cooler

--------------------
In Peace or Pieces we shall move forward.

Grimm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMescawin
Stranger
Re: Is this a good PC that can play anything? [Re: McGrimm] * 1
    #26170623 - 09/05/19 01:00 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

That is paying too much for a new pc with those compnents, much less a refurbished one. Ask on a computer forum like pcpartpicker.
If ur gonna be spend that much, buy your compnents separately and pay a computer friendly friend you know or a craigslist vendor to assemble the parts.
I would recommend AMD over Intel btw based on the philosophy of the corporations, but also bc the newer AMD Ryzen 9 has more performance than the top of the line intel CPU and it's cheaper as well.
If ur gonna spend like 2k on a pc, u should be getting at least the RTX 2080 graphics card maybe a RTX 2080 Ti.
Build your own PC or pay someone to help you do that.

You also never mentioned the purpose of the machine. Is it for gaming, do u do any photo editing, do you want it to be ready and capable for VR like the Valve Index?

Edited by Mescawin (09/05/19 01:02 PM)

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Is this a good PC that can play anything? [Re: Mescawin] * 1
    #26172132 - 09/06/19 09:14 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

OP definitely build your own. Basically all there is to it is screwing a motherboard into a case and then sticking things into the motherboard.

btw a 1200w PSU is beyond overkill for a single GPU build.

Quote:

Mescawin said:
That is paying too much for a new pc with those compnents, much less a refurbished one. Ask on a computer forum like pcpartpicker.
If ur gonna be spend that much, buy your compnents separately and pay a computer friendly friend you know or a craigslist vendor to assemble the parts.
I would recommend AMD over Intel btw based on the philosophy of the corporations, but also bc the newer AMD Ryzen 9 has more performance than the top of the line intel CPU and it's cheaper as well.
If ur gonna spend like 2k on a pc, u should be getting at least the RTX 2080 graphics card maybe a RTX 2080 Ti.
Build your own PC or pay someone to help you do that.

You also never mentioned the purpose of the machine. Is it for gaming, do u do any photo editing, do you want it to be ready and capable for VR like the Valve Index?

The new Ryzen CPU's have had a pretty shitty launch. It's been almost 2 months and people still can't get advertised boosts or they're like me and idle voltages stay permanently stuck above 1.4

--------------------

Edited by yeah (09/06/19 09:34 AM)

OfflineMcGrimm
Professor of Peace

Re: Is this a good PC that can play anything? [Re: yeah] * 1
    #26180425 - 09/10/19 07:41 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Man.  This is all really good info.

I really appreciate it guys.  I guess I have some more reading/learning to do.

But that Xidax lifetime parts and service does sound nice.

Thank you for all the info.  I will be asking questions again in the future

--------------------
In Peace or Pieces we shall move forward.

Grimm

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Is this a good PC that can play anything? [Re: McGrimm]
    #26191764 - 09/16/19 01:02 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Definitely agree with everyone here. For around $2,000, you can build your own brand-new PC. Building PC's isn't that hard. You just have to be familiar with all the components of a PC and how they work together. Since you listed the specs of this computer, it looks like you already have a basic understanding of the components.

Combability is an important aspect. Make sure the video card, motherboard, CPU, RAM memory, HDD and Power Supply Unit all work correctly together.

That being said, that computer is definitely powerful without a doubt. But you can build your own that could be even better with the same money.

Typically, you spend the most on the GPU, then a little less on the CPU, little less for Motherboard and a little less on the RAM memory. PSU and HDD usually don't cost a lot unless you have multiple graphic cards. GPU is your main component that should be the best of the best you can afford. CPU is a close-second in importance.

Some great sites to look at PC components is TigerDirect, eBay and Newegg.

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Is this a good PC that can play anything? [Re: McGrimm] * 1
    #26192061 - 09/16/19 03:29 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gmtJ7T

I started an over the top build for you. Haven't checked motherboards max ram speed or if the cooler is compatible.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale