Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleInvisible_Woe
 User Gallery

Loc: Mabase
Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. * 1
    #26170300 - 09/05/19 11:35 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2019/09/04/michigan-electronic-cigarette-vape-ban-flavored-nicotine-laws-gretchen-whitmer/2209688001/

Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products.

In response to what she deemed a “public health crisis,” Gov. Gretchen Whitmer called the ban an effort to protect Michigan kids from the harmful effects of vaping.

After the announcement, several health organizations praised the move, vape advocates fired back, and many Michiganders were left with questions.

Here's what we know about the ban.

What vape products will be banned?

Flavored nicotine vaping products will be banned in retail stores and online, according to the emergency ban.

It also bans the use of misleading marketing of vaping products, including the use of terms like “clean,” “safe,” and “healthy,” according to a press release issued by Whitmer.

Additionally, Whitmer ordered the Michigan Department of Transportation to enforce an existing statute to prohibit the advertising of vapor products on billboards.

The ban is an addition to the senate bills Whitmer signed in June clarifying that it was illegal to sell e-cigarettes and non-traditional nicotine products to minors.

Michigan's administrative rules process

Whitmer ordered the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) to issue emergency rules banning e-cigarettes.

The move comes through Michigan's administrative rules process, allowing state agencies to create regulations or policies that, once authorized, act as laws.

Whitmer was sworn in as Governor of Michigan in January of 2019.

Why ban vape products now?

MDHHS Chief Medical Executive, Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, made a finding that youth vaping constitutes a public health emergency.

Whitmer has expressed that her “number one priority is keeping our kids safe,” according to a statement from Whitmer.

"Our kids deserve leaders who are going to fight to protect them. These bold steps will finally put an end to these irresponsible and deceptive practices and protect Michiganders’ public health.”

When does the ban start?

The vaping ban has not been officially filed but will be effective immediately once complete in a few weeks.

Once filed, it will last six months, Whitmer's spokesperson said.

Michigan businesses will be given 30 days to comply with the new regulations.

Emma Keith, Detroit Free Press, contributed to this story.

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInvisible_Woe
 User Gallery

Loc: Mabase
Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: Invisible_Woe] * 3
    #26170303 - 09/05/19 11:36 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Knock knock

Prohibition doesn't work.

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Molecular (Creating, Watc...
Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #26170357 - 09/05/19 12:19 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Black Markets are good for your kids. You don't want a controlled, safe, jail-free market do you?

Michigan has always been at the forefront of fucking up. Especially the war on citizens through drugs. I believe they were the first to put mandatory sentencing into place for cocaine/crack. Where they made 1 gram of crack cocaine equivalent to 100 grams of powder cocaine.

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

InvisiblePsychoReactive
CocaTea.com
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: O_Dweeds] * 1
    #26170431 - 09/05/19 01:16 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Vapes are common everywhere now, I prefer them around me than cigarettes. :shrug:

--------------------
https://drivenanddesired.com

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #26170734 - 09/05/19 04:00 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Even the tobacco flavored ones ?

Thats gay

--------------------
You tryna' find a misses
I'm tryna' find them riches
So I started pimpin'
learnt how to monetize my bitches

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: stzacrack]
    #26170792 - 09/05/19 04:24 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

kids
kids
kids

18 year olds arent kids

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: Konyap]
    #26170815 - 09/05/19 04:32 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

But dude, youve gotta think of the children

Won't somebody please think of the children?!

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: bloodsheen]
    #26170817 - 09/05/19 04:32 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

But cigarettes are legal in all 50 states. Makes sense

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: bloodsheen]
    #26170821 - 09/05/19 04:34 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

It's not like they'd be able to ban alcohol in any shape or form so they go after vapors

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #26170897 - 09/05/19 05:07 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Reminds me of all of the people who keep trying to tell me about how smoking tobacco leaf is totally safe, as long as you use a briar pipe.

Quote:

O_Dweeds said:
Black Markets are good for your kids. You don't want a controlled, safe, jail-free market do you?

Safe is one hell of a stretch, even if it's just from a QC standpoint.  And the idea that any of this ever flew in the face of Big Tobacco is just silly.  There's no safe way to consume nicotine, and breathing PEG really isn't that great for you.  If you don't believe me on either account then you're free to go check the literature yourself.

And yeah alcohol does bad things to your body if you develop a habit, but comparing it to nicotine is sort of like comparing marijuana to heroin.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#26170917 - 09/05/19 05:14 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bloodsheen said:
But cigarettes are legal in all 50 states. Makes sense

Yeah, and the tobacco companies have been scared shitless about the fact that kids don't want to start smoking cigarettes.  That's why companies like Philip Morris invest their money in products like Juul.  Harm reduction be damned, killing their customers is literally a part of their business model (i.e. they don't deny it, they actually consider themselves to be in the business of killing their customers).  Vape products are practically designed to avoid any sort of prompt, scientific scrutiny.

OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Molecular (Creating, Watc...
Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: chibiabos]
    #26171150 - 09/05/19 07:11 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Reminds me of all of the people who keep trying to tell me about how smoking tobacco leaf is totally safe, as long as you use a briar pipe.

Quote:

O_Dweeds said:

Safe is one hell of a stretch, even if it's just from a QC standpoint.  And the idea that any of this ever flew in the face of Big Tobacco is just silly.  There's no safe way to consume nicotine, and breathing PEG really isn't that great for you.  If you don't believe me on either account then you're free to go check the literature yourself.

And yeah alcohol does bad things to your body if you develop a habit, but comparing it to nicotine is sort of like comparing marijuana to heroin.

Physically safe. Regardless if it is safe in its pure form Black Market Creates a Market where the majority of products sold are cut to some degree. Frequently with unsafe actives. On top of when anything is added without ones knowledge their body may have some kind of dangerous reaction.
Controlled market ensures the food/drug you are consuming is what you are buying. Regulating it so that the buyer knows the exact quantity/purity.
Then the legal aspect. We are throwing humans in cages for what they choose to ingest.
If someone wants to consume something and the act is not preventing anyone else from making their own choice that also isn't an act that prevents others from their freedom of choice then who is anyone to throw them in a cage?!

Also, all I commented on was the same big picture reality of what prohibiting food/drugs has. Never said anything about any specific molecules.
It is you who needs to both read more and fully look at our complete history; then
"check the literature."

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

Edited by O_Dweeds (09/05/19 07:25 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: chibiabos]
    #26171232 - 09/05/19 08:05 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:

Quote:

O_Dweeds said:

Not all vape juices contain PEG or any of the sketchier alternatives to VG/PG.

Quote:

Ehh, you can drink yourself to death in a single night if you are unlucky/stupid. I've seen people get severe alcohol poisoning and it is not pretty. They are apples and oranges but the point is alcohol is widely available and accepted despite being very toxic.

Safe is also pretty subjective in the end. As far as drugs go nicotine is fairly safe, smoking isn't the safest but is far from the worst habit unless seriously overdone. And pure nicotine is certainly a lot safer then nasty mass produced tobacco full of synthetic fertilizers and other nasty shit that make normal tobacco combustion look like a vitamin shot.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: musiclover420]
    #26171253 - 09/05/19 08:18 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Nicotine is probably safer than alcohol in the end. Both are brain poisons but nicotine doesn't ruin your whole life, it's the cigarettes that kill you.

They just found the culprit for those people getting sick, it was from vitamin E oils in cheap weed vape pens. So Michigan banned something with literally zero proof of its danger and zero studies as to how many people it's helped

I might still smoke cigs today of it weren't for vaping

--------------------

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: musiclover420]
    #26171274 - 09/05/19 08:36 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

There is way too much for me there to tackle in any reasonable amount of time, but what on Earth makes you think that nicotine isn't toxic, that any of those other polymers are any better for you (not that I was even referring to toxicity in the first place, but I could honestly see how polyethylene glycol is the least toxic of those three considering how they're actually put together) or that they haven't been switching to things like vegetable glycol because it makes it easier to put otherwise defective products out on the market?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #26171370 - 09/05/19 09:32 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
There is way too much for me there to tackle in any reasonable amount of time, but what on Earth makes you think that nicotine isn't toxic, that any of those other polymers are any better for you (not that I was even referring to toxicity in the first place, but I could honestly see how polyethylene glycol is the least toxic of those three considering how they're actually put together) or that they haven't been switching to things like vegetable glycol because it makes it easier to put otherwise defective products out on the market?

Where did I say nicotine isn't toxic? Ever hear of water toxicity? Something being toxic on it's own isn't that big a deal, things like alcohol are severely toxic and can cause all sorts of nasty issues.

Can't say I've heard of nicotine causing DT's or any of the other issues that stem from alcohol abuse :shrug:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26171594 - 09/06/19 12:41 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Does this include menthol or natural mint flavors? I'm not a constant nicotine vaper, but I've bought a few over the years, got into building my own coils for a bit...and I've mostly stuck to mint/menthol because I was well aware of the dangers associated with many of the flavors used, and even as the leaders of the industry dropped the ingredients with known health concerns, lots didn't(include large companies mass producing cheap proprietary vapes).

Mostly we just don't know anything about the effects of vaping many of the flavor ingredients...and I know menthol/mint extracts aren't always safe as air themselves(although there is some evidence suggesting possible positives of mint), but its at least well researched and we know what to expect with it.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26171947 - 09/06/19 08:55 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Alcohol has a hell of a negative safety profile. I mean, at least past a few drinks. From the user to those around the user.

And honestly *does* make violence more likely. If you havent figured that out, get black out drunk and have someone insult you.

Addiction, hangover, feeling fucking poisoned the next day. Nicotine is more just addictive for no reason, and the Cigs contain carcinogens, and lots of em. But you dont even get high at all. Its a very unsatisfying product. Like if you were to drink water, and it just made you more thirsty

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Today, Michigan became the first state to ban the sale of flavored vape products. [Re: Fractal420]
    #26171965 - 09/06/19 09:13 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
    #26172070 - 09/06/19 10:38 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

O_Dweeds said:
breathing PEG really isn't that great for you.  If you don't believe me on either account then you're free to go check the literature yourself.

I have read a ton on this and its not what makes vaping bad for you. They used to use it in hospitals before UV light became the standard for removing viruses from the air and the ISS has it in the air for removing viruses to this day.

There's a study done way back in the B&W days where they exposed mice to huge amounts of PG fog (PEG is rarely used in vapes) and the only side effect was the mice didnt die from the flu like the ones without the PG vapor :shrug:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service