Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Now I got to ditch my steamer, not enough room for my jars!
    #2617017 - 04/29/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, I just got my jars in the mail today. So I tried to see how many I could fit into my steamer and I managed to just barely get three in.

So now, of course, I'm going to have to ditch the steamer and go with one of my much larger pots.

I was thinking about putting a small wash cloth or two on the bottom of the pot, stack my jars in there (4 on 4 or 3 on 3), and fill the water a little over 1in. up the side of the bottom jars. Then I guess just put it on high until it starts to boil and then put the temp on low so it can simmer for about 1.5 hours.

What do you guys think of this set up? Am I missing anything important? Will a few small wash clothes be enough to protect my jars?

Thanks,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNickster_154371
entheogen enthusiast
Male
Re: Now I got to ditch my steamer, not enough room for my jars! [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2617117 - 04/29/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yea My friend does the same thing, but with a normal pot of boiling water and a tight fitting lid. Youll be fine, you'll probably really only need one small wash cloth to protect the jars on the bottom, but thats it.

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Re: Now I got to ditch my steamer, not enough room for my jars! [Re: Nickster_154371]
    #2617226 - 04/29/04 05:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

One last thing, should I place the jars in once the water is already boiling or beforehand?

Thanks for the reply,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

OfflineTheDrugStore
Shroomer

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: Now I got to ditch my steamer, not enough room for my ja [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2617306 - 04/29/04 06:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Place jars beforehand, fill till the water is half way up the jars. Personally i dont stack jars ontop because the jars ontop are not getting boiled in the water. i just try and fit as many jars i can and if i need to do more i do so after the first batch is done with.

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation