Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleSonOfAHooker
chingchong
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: COGSx86]
    #26131290 - 08/11/19 04:36 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

near the middle there may be a pin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDinosaurMage
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one (Pressure Cooker Question??) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26133040 - 08/12/19 10:26 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Hi! I’m new, quick question because I either haven’t came across it in posts yet, and/or have not been able to find an answer I understand through googling.
Is there a way to use an electric pressure cooker to do canning for the jars? The only I’ve seen that gets to 15 psi is an instant pot max. It’s only a 6 quart.
I don’t have access to a stove for the amount of time needed to sterilize/sanitize the jars.
Might be a stupid question, but TIA!
-DMage

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: flowchart all in one (Pressure Cooker Question??) [Re: DinosaurMage]
    #26133243 - 08/13/19 04:57 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't try using one of those digital electric PCs. And I don't see people having much luck with them

OfflineForath
Stranger
Re: flowchart all in one (Pressure Cooker Question??) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26133997 - 08/13/19 03:37 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Bod I'm a big fan and learned a bunch through reading your teks. I recently tried some pre-sterilized grain bags and tried to inoculate straight through the bag filter and everything would go smooth until I get green and grey wispy growth on top the time it should be pinning. I got some agar and all the supplies to do that. Turned my big mono tub into a SAB and got some shoeboxes that were pretty tall to support tall growth. I was reading about how some people take 2 shoeboxes and tape them up with one upside down. I seen this size and thought it was perfect.

I made my agar in my new pressure cooker.

Used my inoculating loop on them and got these.

So I gave up on those grain bags and made my own quart jars. Bought some whole oats and hydrated, dried them, and sterilized them.

Now I know how to slice and drop the agar to the grains but what's my best next move? Is 2 quarts a shoebox enough spawn with my coir? I'm trying to maximize the use of my 4 shoeboxes and also increase my findings with these plates to see which is better. Can I store the plates in the fridge to halt growth while my bulk grows so I know which one to transfer to more agar or grain to grain? Should I just noc up all 7 grain jars with plate B from my image that shows the best growth?

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: flowchart all in one (Pressure Cooker Question??) [Re: Forath]
    #26134035 - 08/13/19 03:55 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Forath said:
Now I know how to slice and drop the agar to the grains but what's my best next move? Is 2 quarts a shoebox enough spawn with my coir? I'm trying to maximize the use of my 4 shoeboxes and also increase my findings with these plates to see which is better. Can I store the plates in the fridge to halt growth while my bulk grows so I know which one to transfer to more agar or grain to grain? Should I just noc up all 7 grain jars with plate B from my image that shows the best growth?

I can tell you my best move...snag agar wedge with scalpel, open grain jar, drop agar wedge in jar. I use a SAB or FH.

2qts for one shoebox is perfect actually.

Storing a culture plate in the fridge will slow thing down a bit. You can always continue making transfers after the bulk grow is complete. Look up culture slants too.

Plate B looks like a good candidate.

Honestly bro, you got a good starter here just make sure to vent that PC for 10 minutes before adding the weights. :goodluck:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

Contamination after shaking? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26151839 - 08/25/19 04:48 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, I'll start off by saying i use polyfil lids for all of my jars, masters/receivers and millet and oat. I read this thread lightly when starting and just saw that you use SFD's mostly. My question is, how likely would it be for my grains to contaminate due to shaking? Not shaking in and of itself, but would the grains knocking against the polyfil be hazardous? Obviously the colonized grain is moist and thriving with micro-organisms, and it's occurring to me that the largest contam vector on a jar is the filter... so how likely is it that im picking up contam during shaking, due to contact with the polyfil? The jars are really full, I fell slightly short on the measurements for my receiving jars.

Is there any particular reason you moved away from the poly? It works great for me most of the time, but the myc is looking kind of sketchy after heavy shaking; disorganized, very pale, not "flowing". Any ideas? Got 3 masters i haven't shaken and if my chances of fruiting them go up if i just dont shake them, well then im gonna do that.

--------------------
If the thunder don't get ya, the lightning will.
In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face.
Trade List
Forever giving away prints. PM at anytime for a free print.

Edited by jbgtaa (08/25/19 04:49 AM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Contamination after shaking? [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26151977 - 08/25/19 07:33 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Sfd lids look nicer. They both work and can be shook

Offlinejunk_f00d
 User Gallery

Re: Contamination after shaking? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26164159 - 09/01/19 05:17 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Mr. Bod, on the topic of lids, why do you not use unmodded ones? Is it not less work for the same result?

Edited by junk_f00d (09/01/19 05:18 PM)

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

Re: Contamination after shaking? [Re: junk_f00d]
    #26164232 - 09/01/19 06:10 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

junk_f00d said:
Mr. Bod, on the topic of lids, why do you not use unmodded ones? Is it not less work for the same result?

?? What? Bod literally wrote the tek for unmodified tubs, so what are you talking about?
EDIT: sorry I forgot we were talking about jars. I think a lot of people flip the jar lids, but even that isn’t enough GE without a filter hole. There’s no way you could use a completely unmodified jar lid unless you left the band off which is just a terrible idea, I would think. There might be someone who does it that way

--------------------
Trade List

Edited by jbgtaa (09/01/19 06:12 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26165081 - 09/02/19 10:07 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

junk_f00d said:

I don't like them :shrug:

Offlinejunk_f00d
 User Gallery

#26165743 - 09/02/19 06:05 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I think a lot of people flip the jar lids, but even that isn’t enough GE without a filter hole. There’s no way you could use a completely unmodified jar lid unless you left the band off which is just a terrible idea, I would think. There might be someone who does it that way

Pastywhite has a popular tek for using unmodified lids. I've started using unmodded plastic lids with them loosened a little bit. Though I still use my old filter hole lids too though because I have a shitload of them laying around. I've haven't noticed a difference yet.

Edited by junk_f00d (09/02/19 06:40 PM)

Offlinejunk_f00d
 User Gallery

Re: Contamination after shaking? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26165749 - 09/02/19 06:09 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Given the penchant for simplicity in other teks (e.g unmodded tubs, etc) I thought you'd love them, what's not to like? Did you ever notice a difference in colonization time / health? Just curious.

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

#26166085 - 09/02/19 11:06 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

junk_f00d said:
Given the penchant for simplicity in other teks (e.g unmodded tubs, etc) I thought you'd love them, what's not to like? Did you ever notice a difference in colonization time / health? Just curious.

Edit your op instead of posting twice. Also, polyfil is cheap as fuck and it doesnt take any extra time to poly your lids if you just do it during the grain cycle. Youre already going to be sitting around for 3 hours, just put some poly in some holes. It's kind of relaxing. That being said, i personally dont see any reason to use unmodified lids, no matter how simple they are. The added security of even just polyfil makes it worth it to me to add it. Your spawn is the most important part of your grow. just my 2 cents tho.

Im not trying to say at all it doesnt work. Im just saying its a very small amount of work for adequate peace of mind of good spawn

--------------------
Trade List

Edited by jbgtaa (09/02/19 11:09 PM)

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
    #26167088 - 09/03/19 02:59 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quick question,

Are These PTFE filter disks workable? Meaning are they reusable. . .

I’m looking to purchase 100 or so and can’t bring myself to by from amazon.

Is there a recommended minimum thickness? Those in the link are 140 - 190 um I guess that the thickness will impact reusability. . .

supplemental question. . . Am I looking for hydrophobic filters? Would these need a foil layer when PCing?

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Offlinemartinchill
Shroom Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Contamination after shaking? [Re: Bobbit]
    #26168987 - 09/04/19 03:27 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

How does this look I may have some contamination. The humidity in my my grow room is nonexistant so I have had to mist and waft the air around a bit. Had some temperature swings the ac went out for a day and it got above 80 for 30 minutes or so I ran a small window unit for an hour to drop the temperature back to the 70s. Things looked dry so i had to mist. But I think I may have f'd something up somewhere let me know what you think.

--------------------
Just a man who is looking to go from Black and White to Technicolor.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/usergallery.php?gallery=466000

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
The subject line doesn't need to change [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26169139 - 09/04/19 04:51 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Spot looks goofy keep eye on it

Offlinemartinchill
Shroom Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: The subject line doesn't need to change [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26169276 - 09/04/19 06:04 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Sure will. Thanks for the reply.

--------------------
Just a man who is looking to go from Black and White to Technicolor.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/usergallery.php?gallery=466000

Offlinehappytoad
Stranger
Re: The subject line doesn't need to change [Re: martinchill]
    #26179728 - 09/10/19 01:23 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Day 8 after spawning - how we looking? I'm super excited. 5qt oats to 5qt cooked coir.

Big ass water beads but I don't see pooling besides the sides of the tub.

Oats inoculated via syringe.

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: The subject line doesn't need to change [Re: happytoad]
    #26181249 - 09/11/19 07:52 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Bod. I hope you are well.
So I was thinking about building a flow hood. Since I want to start doing some bags. I have done a handful of them in my SAB but it's a pain to do so.

A 24"x24" would be nice for bags I'm sure. But I have very limited space.

I had an idea tho. Shouldn't it work just as good to have a 12"x24" flow hood and just place the bags on a lower level then the flow hood is at. So that the top (opening) of the bags is in the flow of the hood?
Seems to me it should be no problem what so ever? I understand that if you grow a lot this will be a small pain maybe but for someone only growing for myself and family and filling a 4 tier GH. It should work great I think/hope.

Just wanted to ask so that I'm not missing anything before making the decision to order everything.
Maybe one of you guys are already doing this?

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: The subject line doesn't need to change [Re: Puduwoke]
    #26181282 - 09/11/19 08:08 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Hey Bod. I hope you are well.
So I was thinking about building a flow hood. Since I want to start doing some bags. I have done a handful of them in my SAB but it's a pain to do so.

A 24"x24" would be nice for bags I'm sure. But I have very limited space.

I had an idea tho. Shouldn't it work just as good to have a 12"x24" flow hood and just place the bags on a lower level then the flow hood is at. So that the top (opening) of the bags is in the flow of the hood?
Seems to me it should be no problem what so ever? I understand that if you grow a lot this will be a small pain maybe but for someone only growing for myself and family and filling a 4 tier GH. It should work great I think/hope.

Just wanted to ask so that I'm not missing anything before making the decision to order everything.
Maybe one of you guys are already doing this?

You could have a 12x 24 wirh 2 holes so you can move the blower from north to east if you get my drift then have a plug for the hole.  The you could stand it up on for taller stuff.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck