Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineavocados
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again?
    #26164545 - 09/02/19 12:18 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I tried marijuana edibles for the first time last year November, and I had the funnest time. I haven't done many drugs but started enjoying edibles a couple of times a week for months.

I would usually have about 100-150mg of THC in a brownie for a decent high.

It was July this year that I had had a 3-4 week break from any marijuana at all, and I purchased some more edibles to have.

This particular day I had a bit of anxiety, I was sleep deprived as I had worked night duty the night before, and had discussed some very heavy traumatic stuff that night, so a lot was on my mind.

Anyway, my partner and I eagerly eat 200mg THC each, which we have had before for a very fun, strong high.

I think though because of the background of anxiety, sleep deprivation, and having had a 3-4 week break, my tolerance had dropped.

The first hour or so was fun but then I entered 8 hours of hell.
I was very paranoid, and I experienced acute anxiety (chest pain for example, which I have never experienced before in my life).
Everything I thought of was menacing and terrifying, I was so frightened I was going to live like this for the rest of my life, having induced psychosis or something.

Now, about a month and a half later, I really miss edibles and I want to try it again but I get anxious remembering that experience...
Also, since then I have experienced my first panic attacks without being under the influence of any drugs, which I haven't experienced before.

I guess I'm keen to hear what other people think, and whether they have been in similar situations, and whetehr they went back to it and it turned out okay.

I am guessing it really depends on person to person... It's just so hard to find good information about it because a lot of health websites I find seem to have a bias against the use of drugs at all.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts/similar experiences. :smile:

Edited by avocados (09/02/19 12:25 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: avocados]
    #26164559 - 09/02/19 12:30 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

It was definitely the tolerance break that is a strong dose for little tolerance I'd only take that much if I have been smoking daily for a few weeks and even then I'd just take 150 just try again at like 75mg. If you are like me they really don't do anything until they are really strong there is no moderate intoxication with edibles it's like medical dose and at some point between 100 and 250mg it becomes a tripping dose but that probably wouldn't happen if I ate it more often I rarely use edibles

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: sk8fast]
    #26164579 - 09/02/19 12:54 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Lol, 200mg is enough to knock a lot of stoners I know on their ass even with tolerance. Yes it's safe, just keep it at 50-75mg next time

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: bloodsheen]
    #26165225 - 09/02/19 01:42 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bloodsheen said:
Lol, 200mg is enough to knock a lot of stoners I know on their ass even with tolerance. Yes it's safe, just keep it at 50-75mg next time

For me, just the thought of someone else eating 200mgs is frightening. I cut 10mg gummies into smaller pieces lol

They’re not store bought so I don’t really know for sure the dosage but half of one is more than enough for me. The thought of eating 20? Holy fuck.

--------------------
Space is the Place

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #26165227 - 09/02/19 01:43 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I'm the opposite. Something is wrong with my body chemistry and I can't eat weed. I took 450mg once and went drinking and bowling. Fun night but I've been much higher after a good dab

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: avocados]
    #26166386 - 09/03/19 08:34 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

The problem with edibles is it's easy to have an expectation of what you want but the fact is it's a different substance we are ingesting than we have when we smoke. It has different effects, and as much as I want to just get to where I wanna be, at a certain point the shit is just gonna knock you on your ass in a weird way. Maybe you will "trip out" in some small way, more likely you're gonna pass out or feel "too high" without having the familiar characteristics of smoking/vaping. 200mg is quite a bit, that is an all-day-smoker dose. I could take it, but I'm an all-day-smoker. I would suggest just taking less, and if possible, smoking really levels out the high. Both together is really quite supreme.

Offlineavocados
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26187194 - 09/14/19 02:40 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Yeah I was normally taking 150mg per high, it was fun mostly for a 6 hour strong high. Had once before had a lot of fun with 200mg also. This time I think it just knocked me out because of the circumstances...

I think I'm gonna stick with smoking it for now. Even half a cone gives me some mold anxiety for part of the buzz now...

--------------------

the world is abundant

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #26188484 - 09/14/19 07:03 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I get completely stoned off a 10mg gummie

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Offlinemeowjinx
Stranger
Male
Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: 5150]
    #26188593 - 09/14/19 08:02 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

I live in a state where it's still illegal, so I used to buy edibles from a girl in her early 20s lol

One time I mixed edible brownies with a bottle of wine, speed, codeine, and xanax. Stupid, I know. I blacked out and ended up in the hospital. Then a few months later it sort of happened again. This time I hadn't taken any codeine or xanax, but I still panicked. I thought I was having a heart attack. I called an ambulance, but by the time they got there I realized I was fine and made up a story to get them to leave

Moral of the story, don't mess around with edibles unless you make them yourself or buy them from a legit business. I have no idea what the girl's baking methods were, but there was a wide variability in potency and it bit me in the ass

I've had a sketchy history with weed. Sometimes it's a blast, but sometimes I think I'm having a schizophrenic episode. It's why I could never be a daily user. If you live in a legal state, then I say go for it. Just start with a low dosage. You can always take small portions to test it out

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Marijuana edibles gave me a panic attack, is it safe to try again? [Re: meowjinx] * 1
    #26190215 - 09/15/19 06:49 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Yep,there was a guy who used to sell brownies near the farmers markets around Seattle,3$ ,so strong,first time I ate one felt like I was on haldol ,took me like double the time to get back to my spot

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being