Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJustAnotherHB
Stranger
GF isn't into expanding her mind
    #26160091 - 08/30/19 12:05 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

So my GF of a few years isn't exactly into expanding her mind with psychs. Due to reasons in life I haven't tripped since I have been with her. However, I would like to take a good dose of shrooms here soon. With that coming up I have mentioned it to her. I have said how important dosing at least 4 times a year is good for me from the beginning and she is fine with it. But, now that it is coming up when I can do them again she is acting standoffish about them and doesn't want to trip sit me.. which is fine. However, if I have a heroic dose (as described by Terrance McKenna) I would want a sitter for the first time. She has said no in her own words since she is bad at saying no. So, now I come across this dilemma. It is important, to me, to have a SO that wants to expand their minds with me rather than is against what my religion is (dosing and becoming one with everything and the universe). Outside of that, she is really good to me and I just have to decide shrooms or the girl I feel like. What do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: JustAnotherHB] * 5
    #26160122 - 08/30/19 12:52 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

You don't want a trip sitter with no experience anyway. They are likely to hurt you more than help. Just do them away from her, it's a personal experience anyway. Seems ridiculous to make a mountain out of this mole hill. It's 6 hours out of every three months, if you even do it that often. Your SO doesnt have to share all your interests.

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflineDarwin23
INFJ
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: JustAnotherHB] * 2
    #26160123 - 08/30/19 12:53 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I would suggest just doing it separate from her. We don't need to do EVERYTHING with our spouses. Certainly, I have no interest in Gossip Girl but my fiancee loves it. I think the fact that she seems so anti-drug but at the same time, is okay with you doing it, just not sitting you, says she's a supportive spouse.

--------------------

Take a look at my journal

Offlinethisbliss
Stranger

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: JustAnotherHB] * 1
    #26160127 - 08/30/19 12:54 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Why not both? My girl is more against them than ur girl sounds so I just do them when she's not there. She has her own equally wacky way of looking at the world and I leave her to it. Yea it would b nice if we both tripped but Ive learned to just leave it.

In ur case it sounds like she could be persuaded maybe? In which case after you've been tripping would be a good time to treat her like a queen. Show her by actions not just words that this stuff really can make you a more better loving person.

Anonymous #1

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: thisbliss]
    #26162441 - 08/31/19 01:36 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I would say do it away from her. If I was in the same situation I know while tripping I would get the feeling of being judged wether she was or wasn't. Not to mention if you take a heroic dose and start to freak out is she not going to know what to do and just call 911?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: Anonymous #1] * 2
    #26162754 - 08/31/19 05:13 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

You don't need a trip sitter lol. You can get your own blankets and make your own coffee when you come down.

OfflineHappyHigh
Stranger

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26163460 - 09/01/19 07:16 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

My wife also has drawn back from psych's She had one bad trip on 1g and hasn't returned yet. But i realize this is what i want, Just last night it was 11:45 and she got out some snacks. I on the other hand set up our bed with some extra pillows n covers for a dmt ride. she instantly had a side comment" o your not gonna snack with me"... *inside rage* had to tell my self don't let her mess with you, she made 2 more comments about how late it is. I return with it will take you longer to eat 3 scoops of ice cream than my 3 hits of this..... end of convo! everyones happy. WORTH IT!!!

--------------------
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offlinetesttesttest
Stranger
Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: HappyHigh]
    #26166193 - 09/03/19 01:08 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Like others say. It's a mistake to expect your partner to be a copy of you. Shared interests/hobbies are for friends. Partners are for building a shared life, the warmth of a shared home etc. - basically the boring stuff plus sex.

The drug of choice for most men is alcohol - they just accept that their wives are not going to come out to the pub most of the time - especially for heroic sessions. That's not what wives/GFs are for.

Anonymous #2

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: testtesttest]
    #26168559 - 09/04/19 10:40 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Sharing interests and supporting eachother in a healthy way are two different things. That being said there has to be more to it. Either OP hasn't taken the time to or has taken the time to show her what sitting would be like and made a fool of himself. My wife always wants to be around if she can when I'm doing my things. Shes always a little disappointed when I want to do it alone. That's because I'm awesome when I'm tripping, worst case I ask for a blanky and a water. Other than that I'm cuddly and having nice conversations with her. If she had a problem with that I'd think she was a bitch. But then again if she's got some trauma from daddy or mommy acting the fool on drugs around her then maybe some compromise is more than worth considering. It's a shame too, because a good trip together can be good for a couple. It's like going through a survival situation together. My wife is a bad girl and I love her for it

OfflineJustAnotherHB
Stranger
Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: JustAnotherHB]
    #26168945 - 09/04/19 02:58 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I appreciate the feedback and life experiences from everyone. If she never comes around to it then I just have to be okay with that. She wanted to do it this last weekend but our source ended up coming out dry. She is just so iffy about it but only the right time will tell if she wants to. I understand the iffyness since I feel like we all are kind of scared of them at the start (bad trip, throwing up, etc). I just won't push doing them together.

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
Sharing interests and supporting eachother in a healthy way are two different things. That being said there has to be more to it. Either OP hasn't taken the time to or has taken the time to show her what sitting would be like and made a fool of himself. My wife always wants to be around if she can when I'm doing my things. Shes always a little disappointed when I want to do it alone. That's because I'm awesome when I'm tripping, worst case I ask for a blanky and a water. Other than that I'm cuddly and having nice conversations with her. If she had a problem with that I'd think she was a bitch. But then again if she's got some trauma from daddy or mommy acting the fool on drugs around her then maybe some compromise is more than worth considering. It's a shame too, because a good trip together can be good for a couple. It's like going through a survival situation together. My wife is a bad girl and I love her for it

Quote:

JustAnotherHB said:
Due to reasons in life I haven't tripped since I have been with her.

How in the world could I show her if I haven't been able to do them? I am very glad you have been able to show your wife. However, my gf is more of an experience to learn type of girl and she is so iffy about even being in the experience (even just trip sitting me). I want to be able to show her but I have no idea how I will be since I have never tripped around a significant other..just friends.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: JustAnotherHB] * 2
    #26168954 - 09/04/19 03:07 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Seems to me you should find some time to go solo. Having a sitter is really not necessary and can be potentially counterproductive IME.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Anonymous #2

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: JustAnotherHB]
    #26169074 - 09/04/19 04:20 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

With some things you can only make guesses unless more is told. Or maybe that's my problem. Regardless, try and be creative. I'd probably try a hike with her and just take a small ass dose and not tell her. But that's just me lol

OfflineHappyHigh
Stranger

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #26172017 - 09/06/19 07:52 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Seems to me you should find some time to go solo. Having a sitter is really not necessary and can be potentially counterproductive IME.

what he said i just had a crazy dmt ride i wasn't ready for. It was grand and if i had yelled for a companion i don't think it would have been half as great.

--------------------
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: HappyHigh]
    #26177380 - 09/09/19 09:56 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

If she isn't downright opposed to you doing them, just find another sitter or do it solo. It's perfectly fine if she chooses not to participate.

Offlinebizbizbiz
Stranger
Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: Adas]
    #26180624 - 09/10/19 09:53 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Good luck /b/ro

Invisiblelighthouse09
Stranger thats mr. stranger
 User Gallery

Re: GF isn't into expanding her mind [Re: bizbizbiz]
    #26180676 - 09/10/19 10:36 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I feel you man i have never had a gf who will trip w me though and just accept it as is. Thats what freinds are for though but yea i am trying to get my gf to try a gram sometime but i dont push it maybe if me and friends is all doing it she will join but i doubt it. Wont stop me :eek:

--------------------
<--This fuckin guy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Shroomism, automan, yogabunny, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
743 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.