Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
I think this round is over.
    #26145448 - 08/20/19 09:06 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I've been tripping on and off for a long time. Now I'm moving into an off phase again. It's funny, it's not fear or apprehension, but I just don't want to trip anymore. I can't talk myself into it and even if I do take psychs they are kinda trivial. Not really exciting at all.

My last big break was for several years, I actually forgot all about them in that time. Now it's happening again.

Guess it's good to reset anyway.  :peace:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Edited by Northerner (08/20/19 11:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: Northerner] * 2
    #26145872 - 08/21/19 08:48 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I take breaks all the time and I have a decent stash so I can wait for a year or longer if I want to. I trip on LSD maybe every month or so. I do MDMA monthly maybe, sometimes bi-monthly (probably too much, but I weigh it and never more than 200-250mg, sometimes I do 300, but realize it was too much,lol). I plan on a cactus trip on memorial day weekend up in the mountains at a cabin.

--------------------

Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26145879 - 08/21/19 08:52 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Wonder if There's something Missing.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: heatlessbbq]
    #26146745 - 08/21/19 06:20 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I've slowed down a lot over the last couple of years trex, just a handful of psych experiences and about the same same with MDMA. I've got no shortage of things to consume either.

A friend recently gifted me a foot of really thick Eileen, reckons it's tried and tested freaking awesome. Still I find myself not really interested. It'll just go in the freezer. I'm sure the time will come. 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years in the future.

We've got a whole long life to get trippy, no need to burn the candle the whole time.

--------------------

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: Northerner]
    #26146766 - 08/21/19 06:32 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Your stash must stank. Prayers for the Aussies.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: Icon]
    #26147269 - 08/22/19 12:39 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
    #26147286 - 08/22/19 01:09 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Cactus just sitting in the freezer...I relate lol. No real interest in psychs whatsoever right now. I expect to return to it in a few years. For now, other things seem to call. Just gotta flow with it. Will probably drop once or twice a year to keep the cobwebs at bay in the meantime...

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26147309 - 08/22/19 01:46 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

It's always good to slow down sometimes. Like you say, we've got a whole lifetime. There's no hurry. I think it's a healthy decision :thumbup:

One of the things I regret about the past is using too many psychedelics too frequently. I wish I had put more time between experiences.

Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: nooneman]
    #26147533 - 08/22/19 08:26 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Everything in it's place.

Took a 3-4 year break from psyches; except Cannabis. Knowing LSD was messing Me up.
Half way through; quit 'the weed', thinking it was hindering My service.
Realized quickly that Cannabis was necessary in My life [at that time]...
...and started smoking Cannabis again.

Now I have both LSD and Cannabis back in MY life.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: heatlessbbq] * 3
    #26148825 - 08/22/19 11:01 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Took a ten year break once - just stopped dead, no particular reason I recall.  When I came back to it it was better than ever. 

IME your sober mind should be equally appealing as your tripping mind is or something's wrong that needs fixing. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26148991 - 08/23/19 06:02 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I always wonder from different perspectives what seems to be 'too frequent'. I try and trip every other weekend one day out of it. Sometimes I can't get to it. I enjoy having a few free hours enjoying myself by myself.

Spend all that time working and dealing with whatever else is going on in your life. But also, I do enjoy bike riding and working out.. playing disc golf and stiff blah blah... so if it's a nice day out the active stuff usually wins and the shrooms stay on the back burner

I guess it's all about balance. Almost can't have that "addicted" feeling to them(even though they're not addicting, they can sound awesome quite often).

But I do enjoy giving myself about two weeks or a month between trips. Now people who say they were doing them too much.. I wonder if they were doing them once a week.. twice a week? Or do they think once a month is too much??

I guess that's all perspective and how you hold yourself day to day.

But a break never hurt no one. You'll come back to it like a new man.

--------------------
:greyalien:

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26149000 - 08/23/19 06:11 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

You got a good on your shoulders Northerner, I say do what feels right bruva

--------------------

Rate me here

Edited by Citizen X (08/23/19 07:14 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: Citizen X]
    #26149058 - 08/23/19 07:17 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

3 days with no puffs of pot or slivers of blotter, maybe after a few more errands, exercise, and some zazen -- or maybe not.

I had some historical periods where abstinance was essential, and it can be enjoyable too. depends on where you are at, and how your body/mind responds to exposure to psychs.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26149142 - 08/23/19 08:32 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms came back into my life in March, and dare I say I needed them.  I tried taking them as frequently as I could, starting with twice a week, then weekly, then biweekly, then I found myself taking an entire month off.

I've spent the last seven weeks microdosing once a week, starting with .3 grams, moving up to a full gram the last time.  (Once a week was just what my intuition told me to try, and it seems to work just fine for me.)

I can honestly say that the more I use mushrooms, the less I use mushrooms.  And that's wonderful, honestly.  I think that means they're having the intended effect.  I haven't drank a drop in over two months, I've begun an intensive fasting/exercise protocol, and I now recycle everything I can, just to name the big positive behavioral changes. 

I've often thought, assuming one doesn't have any depression or addiction issues that need resolution, that everyone should have a massive, ego-shattering dose of mushrooms once a year on their birthday.  That might be enough for most people.  Unfortunately, we live in a very sick society, so people might need to take them more often until they get sorted out, but. 

I'm reminded of Terence McKenna saying that if he tripped two or three times a year, he felt like he was hitting it pretty hard. 

It seems that you got what you needed for now.  Very wise to step away.

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: PrimeNumber] * 2
    #26149179 - 08/23/19 08:59 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimeNumber said:
Mushrooms came back into my life in March, and dare I say I needed them.  I tried taking them as frequently as I could, starting with twice a week, then weekly, then biweekly, then I found myself taking an entire month off.

I've spent the last seven weeks microdosing once a week, starting with .3 grams, moving up to a full gram the last time.  (Once a week was just what my intuition told me to try, and it seems to work just fine for me.)

I can honestly say that the more I use mushrooms, the less I use mushrooms.  And that's wonderful, honestly.  I think that means they're having the intended effect.  I haven't drank a drop in over two months, I've begun an intensive fasting/exercise protocol, and I now recycle everything I can, just to name the big positive behavioral changes. 

I've often thought, assuming one doesn't have any depression or addiction issues that need resolution, that everyone should have a massive, ego-shattering dose of mushrooms once a year on their birthday.  That might be enough for most people.  Unfortunately, we live in a very sick society, so people might need to take them more often until they get sorted out, but. 

I'm reminded of Terence McKenna saying that if he tripped two or three times a year, he felt like he was hitting it pretty hard. 

It seems that you got what you needed for now.  Very wise to step away.

I don't even feel like people even need a ego shattering experience. Sure, it might make you never needing nor wanting to ever take mushrooms again.. but I do believe a lot of magic happens in the more recreational doses (2/4g). You can really ponder your thoughts without being completely lost and still having a sense of self therefore you can really incorporate your thoughts that you've had into your every day life. Even if it's being nicer to someone you're kind of an asshole too. Or to start recycling remaking little donations to help better this world we live in.

I think it all has it's own purpose, regardless of whatever dose it may be! But I do completely understand what you're saying.

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast] * 2
    #26149456 - 08/23/19 11:55 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

There is no best way.  Intuition guides pretty reliably IME.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26149544 - 08/23/19 12:52 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Meh.  Fadiman says to wait at least a month between trips, if not six. 

I wish I would have read that a year ago.  I think he's right.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: I think this round is over. [Re: PrimeNumber] * 2
    #26149555 - 08/23/19 01:02 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I agree, the longer the wait the better the trip.

--------------------

InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26149576 - 08/23/19 01:19 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Don’t put the cactus in the freezer, root that baby out. Couple of 3 years and if you decide to trip again, you will all set.  πŸ‘

Quote:

Citizen X said:
You got a good on your shoulders Northerner, I say do what feels right bruva

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
There is no best way.  Intuition guides pretty reliably IME.

Agree to both.

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I agree, the longer the wait the better the trip.

.... waits for John_1098 to respond. 😝

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: I think this round is over. [Re: Shr00mEater] * 2
    #26149877 - 08/23/19 05:23 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for all the support guys. It's great to hear from people who know what's what in this journey.

I've already got another piece of that cactus growing, this bit was given to me as a dose. Such a dope bit of cactus. Check it out against an egg carton.

Last time I had a break for about four or five years and when I came back it was like the first time again. I had another full blown psychedelic romance for a few months. Was so good, the beauty and awe, but with more experience made it safer psychologically. No moments of doubt even on very high doses. The trips were better than ever before.

That amazement has faded for the moment though. The antidepressant qualities are still there, but not the same wonder.

I am reinvented again. Good times.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom