Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Success! Signs of life My first grow! * 1
    #26146153 - 08/21/19 11:41 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Finally! After two weeks of worry that I did something quite wrong as I saw no progress or new growth of mycelium on the top of my substrate I finally see some pinning going on. Last night zero pins. Today I count 25 pins. Im so happy Im like a new parent. Thanks to all for your feedback during this time. Pics below

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: Wavebeam]
    #26146190 - 08/21/19 12:00 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Good job man! That's always an exciting part, regardless of how many times you do it! But, the first one is always the cherry popper.

Looks beautiful! What species?

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26146198 - 08/21/19 12:05 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Its golden teacher. I went with GT because in my research it was often cited as the easiest strain to grow and it is the only strain Ive actually ingested so far.

Ive suffered depression all my life. In January this year a close friend gifted me 2 grams of GT. I was free of depression for the first time in my life. Injust tur50 y/o this year. The significance is impossible to describe.

So off I went into researching psilocybin. And now today August 21st Ive got my first pins. I feel like a new daddy today. Im so happy!

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
    #26146251 - 08/21/19 12:38 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wavebeam said:
Its golden teacher. I went with GT because in my research it was often cited as the easiest strain to grow and it is the only strain Ive actually ingested so far.

Ive suffered depression all my life. In January this year a close friend gifted me 2 grams of GT. I was free of depression for the first time in my life. Injust tur50 y/o this year. The significance is impossible to describe.

So off I went into researching psilocybin. And now today August 21st Ive got my first pins. I feel like a new daddy today. Im so happy!

Which method did you use? I've also suffered from depression my entire life I think. I want to grow some to medicate myself. It's beginning to interfere with many aspects of my life (I'm in my 50s).

OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: VP123]
    #26146274 - 08/21/19 12:56 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

To ingest I got some dried golden teacher mushrooms and my first dose was 2 grams. After that I ingested 3.5 g of gt 4 weeks in a row. Ive not taken any more since as I was developing a tolerance but Im still depression free.

To grow I used spore syringes in rye berry bags. Then I allowed them to fully colonize before transferring them to pasteurized coco coir vermiculite mixture in a mono tub fruiting chamber. Below you will see pics of each major stage.

Review my threads to follow my journey

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

#26146284 - 08/21/19 01:00 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Great. I was considering the pf tek. Not sure yet what method to select.

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

#26146300 - 08/21/19 01:08 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I will look at your threads. Than you

OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#26146390 - 08/21/19 02:00 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

You're welcome

InvisibleBazongo
Stranger

#26146486 - 08/21/19 02:59 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

VP123 said:

As a new grower myself I highly recommend grain bags over PF tek. Apparently people here hate spore -> grain but I think it's snobbish reasons because spore-> agar ->grain is highly recommended but it just adds an extra step for reasons that are not very important (faster uniform growth and less risk of contam).

If your different bags colonize at different times just use a smaller container... same if one gets contaminated. So to me spore-> grain is the ideal newcomer tek

Offlinebadsponge
 User Gallery
Loc: SoCal
    #26146492 - 08/21/19 03:03 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wavebeam said:Ive suffered depression all my life. In January this year a close friend gifted me 2 grams of GT. I was free of depression for the first time in my life. Injust tur50 y/o this year. The significance is impossible to describe.

Same story as me! I was also severely depressed, tried shrooms 4 years ago. In a few hours, they did what decades of traditional therapy failed to do. Now I grow and life is awesome!

Offlinein_dot
Shake N' Bake
Male

Loc: East Coast
Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: Bazongo]
    #26146495 - 08/21/19 03:04 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bazongo said:

As a new grower myself I highly recommend grain bags over PF tek. Apparently people here hate spore -> grain but I think it's snobbish reasons because spore-> agar ->grain is highly recommended but it just adds an extra step for reasons that are not very important (faster uniform growth and less risk of contam).

If your different bags colonize at different times just use a smaller container... same if one gets contaminated. So to me spore-> grain is the ideal newcomer tek

While I can agree that spore to grain may be more friendly to newcomers that don't want to hop right into agar, I highly disagree agar is an "extra step for reasons that are not very important".  I'd say if you really want to get into the meat and potatoes of growing, agar is one of the most important aspects of the hobby.

So please don't spread misinformation like this to another newcomer:cheers:

--------------------
Loneliness is a term used by those that aren't comfortable with themselves
Once one conquers loneliness, others are never needed to find happiness

Edited by in_dot (08/21/19 03:05 PM)

Offlinebadsponge
 User Gallery
Loc: SoCal
Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: in_dot]
    #26146498 - 08/21/19 03:08 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

in_dot said:
Quote:

Bazongo said:

While I can agree that spore to grain may be more friendly to newcomers that don't want to hop right into agar, I highly disagree agar is an "extra step for reasons that are not very important".  I'd say if you really want to get into the meat and potatoes of growing, agar is one of the most important aspects of the hobby.

So please don't spread misinformation like this to another newcomer:cheers:

Yeah, can't agree with this enough. Calling agar an extra not very important step?! Uh, so much no. That's insane.

OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: badsponge]
    #26146553 - 08/21/19 03:40 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Cheers

Offlinein_dot
Shake N' Bake
Male

Loc: East Coast
    #26146556 - 08/21/19 03:41 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Good luck man and keep us updated.  You'll see those things explode in size now that they're pinning.

--------------------
Loneliness is a term used by those that aren't comfortable with themselves
Once one conquers loneliness, others are never needed to find happiness

OfflineTattersail
Female User Gallery

#26146683 - 08/21/19 05:32 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Looks like a great first grow! Hoping for lots of big shrooms for ya.

--------------------
LAGM2021
Trades

We may lose or we may win, but we'll never be here again

OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: in_dot]
    #26146690 - 08/21/19 05:35 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Man you are not kidding. Since I posted this thread another 12-15 new pins sprouted up and theyre all getting big like twice the size since first posting this.

OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: Tattersail]
    #26146692 - 08/21/19 05:36 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. Since first posting this thread this morning another 12-15 pins sprouted up and theyre all growing like weeds.

Offlineoldie
Truth Seeker
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: badsponge]
    #26146710 - 08/21/19 05:53 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Same story here, isn't that amazing.
I too have had success spore to grain in my first few projects but I think the real path to success, deeper understanding and mastery involves getting into agar.  Why not give yourself more control over the medicine you are growing?

--------------------

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: Bazongo]
    #26147411 - 08/22/19 06:14 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bazongo said:
Quote:

VP123 said:

Agar helps an extreme amount. When I first started I did spores > grain and it's not effective whatsoever. I mean I think I had 3 out of 9 jars make it out.

It's always better to be safe with it. These are things you start doing later on in the process. After doing cakes, I moved to shoeboxes doing the standard spores to grain and then moved to agar to grain.. and will never look back.

It's almost too easy not to do it. It's also really fun doing transfers and seeing new growth on plates as well allows you to take clones of big clusters in any fruits you may have.

Highly recommended.

Congrats on your grow OP. Looking forward to seeing the finished flush!

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineWavebeam
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Success! Signs of life My first grow! [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26147761 - 08/22/19 10:37 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Since posting this yesterday morning there has been a gigantic burst of new growth. Oh what a difference a day makes. Check out the difference between yesterday and today gy following my posts by date. This is this morning 24 hours after yesterdays pic.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck