Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | Next > | Last >
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #26145340 - 08/20/19 07:47 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Makes the most sense if you’re a white supremacist.

“We used slave labor and imperialism to become rich and powerful so let’s lock in the score here so nothing can change.”

Makes sense if you're an US citizen and care about your fellow citizens and nation as a whole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: qman] * 1
    #26145371 - 08/20/19 08:04 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

“We used slave labor and imperialism to become rich and powerful so let’s lock in the score here so nothing can change.”

Makes sense if you're an US citizen and care about your fellow citizens and nation as a whole.

You are right.

Every nation has atrocities. We shouldn't obsess over guilt. We shouldn't be self loathing.

America is beautiful. It's the best damn country out there.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: XUL]
    #26145542 - 08/20/19 11:28 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: koods] * 1
    #26145733 - 08/21/19 06:02 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Shut up, Koods. There are good people on both sides, just admit it already.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: qman] * 3
    #26145767 - 08/21/19 06:48 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Not as a whole lmao. A decade ago y’all were convinced Obama was gonna enslave white people but now I guess you’ve made peace with the fact that you’ll have to be around black people (as long as you don’t see any white women dating them).

You know, if you used your actual opinions you wouldn’t trip over your own dick trying to save face so often.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#26145841 - 08/21/19 08:19 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Not as a whole lmao. A decade ago y’all were convinced Obama was gonna enslave white people but now I guess you’ve made peace with the fact that you’ll have to be around black people (as long as you don’t see any white women dating them).

You know, if you used your actual opinions you wouldn’t trip over your own dick trying to save face so often.

Nice strawman, I always suggested Obama (which he was) was nothing more than a puppet, so that's a major fail.

You should also realize that economic nationalism doesn't suggest certain demographics won't segregate themselves based on race, ethnicity, religion and many other social factors.

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #26146120 - 08/21/19 11:24 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
I don't know what can properly measure the results, but the best solution is to stop having children involved in this whole process.

By this, do you mean that children should not be placed into these camps or that children should not participate in seeking asylum?

Going off your earlier statements I will assume you refer to the latter option. Asylum is a legal process where persecuted foreigners seek protection within a sovereign nation; why should children be excluded from seeking this protection? Is it because the conditions created by the US immigration system are conditions that no child should be put through?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this an implicit acknowledgement that the conditions in these camps function as a deterrent for those seeking the legal right to asylum?

Furthermore, you previously stated that it is currently impossible for you to know the effects of family separation (and other immigration policies of the USA), with regards to defining the policy as good or bad. Yet, you now appear to be expecting migrants to not only be able to know the effects of these policies, but also understand that these effects will be bad for them and should function as a deterrent. Why do you expect foreigners to have a better understanding of US domestic policy than you currently exhibit?

In my mind this conversation is being to circle itself. You might not want to explicitly admit it, but you clearly are displaying an understanding that the conditions created by US immigration policy are bad enough to function as a deterrent for legal asylum requests. You have been trying to obfuscate responsibility by talking about how we can't know the original intent of the lawmakers nor quantify with any certainty the resulting effects, but I think this is more due to your refusal to admit support for a policy that functions as a deterrent for immigration via child abuse.

Earlier you stated "but if it was meant to be a deterrent, that needs to stop". This seems to be placing the focus on intent, but what about a policy that - regardless of intent - still functions as a deterrent? Does it still need to stop?

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: qman]
    #26146317 - 08/21/19 01:18 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Nice strawman, I always suggested Obama (which he was) was nothing more than a puppet, so that's a major fail.

You should also realize that economic nationalism doesn't suggest certain demographics won't segregate themselves based on race, ethnicity, religion and many other social factors.

So if I search your post history I won’t find comments about Obama inciting BLM terrorism?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #26146399 - 08/21/19 02:05 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

qman said:
I don't know what can properly measure the results, but the best solution is to stop having children involved in this whole process.

By this, do you mean that children should not be placed into these camps or that children should not participate in seeking asylum?

Going off your earlier statements I will assume you refer to the latter option. Asylum is a legal process where persecuted foreigners seek protection within a sovereign nation; why should children be excluded from seeking this protection? Is it because the conditions created by the US immigration system are conditions that no child should be put through?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this an implicit acknowledgement that the conditions in these camps function as a deterrent for those seeking the legal right to asylum?

Furthermore, you previously stated that it is currently impossible for you to know the effects of family separation (and other immigration policies of the USA), with regards to defining the policy as good or bad. Yet, you now appear to be expecting migrants to not only be able to know the effects of these policies, but also understand that these effects will be bad for them and should function as a deterrent. Why do you expect foreigners to have a better understanding of US domestic policy than you currently exhibit?

In my mind this conversation is being to circle itself. You might not want to explicitly admit it, but you clearly are displaying an understanding that the conditions created by US immigration policy are bad enough to function as a deterrent for legal asylum requests. You have been trying to obfuscate responsibility by talking about how we can't know the original intent of the lawmakers nor quantify with any certainty the resulting effects, but I think this is more due to your refusal to admit support for a policy that functions as a deterrent for immigration via child abuse.

Earlier you stated "but if it was meant to be a deterrent, that needs to stop". This seems to be placing the focus on intent, but what about a policy that - regardless of intent - still functions as a deterrent? Does it still need to stop?

Is it not possible for adults to seek asylum and then return to their children regardless of the outcome?    Or are they using children to their advantage in this whole migration mess?

Let's be perfectly clear here, myself and others don't believe these people are genuine refugees that are seeking political asylum.  The fact that the US is even entertaining this whole flood of economic migrants is the reason why we have the mess we do today.

And yes, by now I do expect these economic migrants to understand the risk they put themselves and their children under in an overwhelmed immigration system.

"Does it need to stop?"

Many things need to stop, the first issue is not bringing children into the equation at all. I have no issue with alternative solutions when it comes to the children, but all I have heard of is complaining but zero solutions. And no, automatic entry into the US is NOT a solution.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#26146409 - 08/21/19 02:10 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

So if I search your post history I won’t find comments about Obama inciting BLM terrorism?

Sure, when it came to Obama agitating race relations, he had free rein.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#26146458 - 08/21/19 02:47 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Ah so me pointing out you don’t care about a unified nation of citizens isn’t a straw man after all.

--------------------

Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #26146461 - 08/21/19 02:48 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Why do any of us even debate with qman anymore? :rofl:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: twighead] * 2
    #26146601 - 08/21/19 04:09 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Since I can't deplatform them antifascist style and I don't want their lies to go uncontested, I have to settle for exposing them when I have the time and will. I benefit in that it strengthens any weakness in my own arguments and general debate style by allowing me to try out different approaches against the same arguments over and over again. And maybe, just maybe, they'll grow a sense of shame one day and give up their schtick

In this case particularly, I couldn't ignore qmans righteous indignation towards being depicted as someone who views child abuse as a useful tool for enforcing immigration law in the quote below.

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/court-says-detained-migrant-children-must-get-soap/ar-AAFQZGj?ocid=spartandhp

This one is a little more nuanced, and I'll have to elaborate for the people who don't have time to read the links.

The 9th Court of Appeals dismissed an appeal in which the administration's lawyers argued that a 1997 ruling that guaranteed humane treatment for the detained did not include providing soap and toothpaste and prohibiting intentional sleep deprivation, because that ruling did not explicitly list those things.

I hadn't heard about the sleep deprivation techniques since Guantanamo Bay. The children were expected to sleep on concrete floors in cold conditions without blankets under bright lights.

"The judges appeared incredulous during the hearings" suggesting that no normal person would consider these conditions humane.

This will be a big blow to qman who has maintained that child abuse is useful tool in our efforts to enforce existing immigration laws, in that it would motivate the brown skinned to stay away from our borders.

Really, I stated child abuse is a useful tool for enforcing immigration laws?  I don't recall posting anything stating that, you wouldn't be creating a false narrative because you disagree with me on some issues, would you?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #26146724 - 08/21/19 06:03 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Ah so me pointing out you don’t care about a unified nation of citizens isn’t a straw man after all.

Hmm, stirring the racial pot is equal to "Obama was gonna enslave white people". :rolleyes:  Yeah, it's still a strawman.

And where were you when Obama was doing all of this racial BS?  Denouncing or embracing it?

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #26146732 - 08/21/19 06:09 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Since I can't deplatform them antifascist style and I don't want their lies to go uncontested, I have to settle for exposing them when I have the time and will. I benefit in that it strengthens any weakness in my own arguments and general debate style by allowing me to try out different approaches against the same arguments over and over again. And maybe, just maybe, they'll grow a sense of shame one day and give up their schtick

In this case particularly, I couldn't ignore qmans righteous indignation towards being depicted as someone who views child abuse as a useful tool for enforcing immigration law in the quote below.

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/court-says-detained-migrant-children-must-get-soap/ar-AAFQZGj?ocid=spartandhp

This one is a little more nuanced, and I'll have to elaborate for the people who don't have time to read the links.

The 9th Court of Appeals dismissed an appeal in which the administration's lawyers argued that a 1997 ruling that guaranteed humane treatment for the detained did not include providing soap and toothpaste and prohibiting intentional sleep deprivation, because that ruling did not explicitly list those things.

I hadn't heard about the sleep deprivation techniques since Guantanamo Bay. The children were expected to sleep on concrete floors in cold conditions without blankets under bright lights.

"The judges appeared incredulous during the hearings" suggesting that no normal person would consider these conditions humane.

This will be a big blow to qman who has maintained that child abuse is useful tool in our efforts to enforce existing immigration laws, in that it would motivate the brown skinned to stay away from our borders.

Really, I stated child abuse is a useful tool for enforcing immigration laws?  I don't recall posting anything stating that, you wouldn't be creating a false narrative because you disagree with me on some issues, would you?

But your encouragement of continuing the migration into the US with children is perfectly noble, despite the fact that the system is completely overburdened with the status quo.  That makes you a better person in your mind?  I don't think so.

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26146791 - 08/21/19 06:52 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

How weak minded is he who seeks to "deplatform" his opponents for political opinions. It's words bud words.

One thing the Right could learn from the left is be completely intolerant of your opponents views and cede no ground.

Here's a good video on the domestic terror group Antifa. The video depicts the violence, death and destruction they have been causing in the past couple weeks. Starring our favorite rape metal Satan worshiper Connor Betts (He/Him). Poor guy was radicalized by Jared Holt on twitter. JH would like and retweet him regularly. Perhaps Right Wing Watch should be put on a watch list for suspicious characters by the FBI. maybe red flag the entire organization take their guns away and research where their money is coming from.

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#26146802 - 08/21/19 06:59 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Hmm, stirring the racial pot is equal to "Obama was gonna enslave white people". :rolleyes:  Yeah, it's still a strawman.

And where were you when Obama was doing all of this racial BS?  Denouncing or embracing it?

So it’s somehow unfair of me to say you have a deep seated resentment of black people when you claim all you require for compassion is US citizenship (an already ghastly claim).

Also, I’m smart enough to see the difference between acknowledging institutional racism as a problem (Obama) and encouraging it (Trump).

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26146824 - 08/21/19 07:17 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Connor Betts (He/Him)

What’s the he/him shit?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: koods]
    #26146827 - 08/21/19 07:18 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

How weak minded is he who seeks to "deplatform" his opponents for political opinions. It's words bud words.

Trump does that all the fucking time.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Humans of the Right Wing: A Compendium [Re: koods]
    #26146838 - 08/21/19 07:25 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

it's common on twitter for communists to state their preferred pronouns. Connor Betts had HE/HIM.

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies