Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCristianosolo
 User Gallery

True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem?
    #26141222 - 08/18/19 11:00 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

As the title say , is it true that eating 1 gram of dry caps i can have a stronger experience that eating a gram of dry caps and stems?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: Cristianosolo]
    #26141240 - 08/18/19 11:12 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

It is always fun to experiment. :smile:

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: Cristianosolo] * 3
    #26141267 - 08/18/19 11:26 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

No it's a myth. The alkaloids are spread evenly through the whole fruit.

-

Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: Pandemoon] * 1
    #26141348 - 08/18/19 12:14 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

source *locked*: http://

"shrooms are for your head and stems are for your body."

What if the caps actually may be stronger?

I am certain 2 grams of caps will getcha going way faster and will be a lot more provoking...
Rather than 2 grams of stems of the same batch.

Edited by heatlessbbq (08/18/19 12:17 PM)

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: heatlessbbq] * 1
    #26141397 - 08/18/19 12:47 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

The consensus hangs around the notion that only scientific equipment can tell enough difference to care. :cookiemonster:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: heatlessbbq] * 2
    #26141442 - 08/18/19 01:07 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
No it's a myth. The alkaloids are spread evenly through the whole fruit.

-

^this

Quote:

heatlessbbq said:

Quote:

source *locked*: http://

"shrooms are for your head and stems are for your body."

What if the caps actually may be stronger?

I am certain 2 grams of caps will getcha going way faster and will be a lot more provoking...
Rather than 2 grams of stems of the same batch.

"shrooms are for your head and stems are for your body."... That's one of the most silly things I've ever heard, I heard that stuff years ago when I first started to get into psychedelics and it never made sense to me then, and it still doesn't, there is nothing to back up the idea that stems give a body high and caps give a head high/visuals...That makes no sense at all.

There is no difference between the alkaloids in the stem and the alkaloids in the cap.

They both contain the same active components, so there is no way for stems to only give a "body high" and for caps to give a "head high".

Some analysis shows that caps can sometimes contain slightly more, but it is an incredibly minuscule difference. Eating 3g of stems won't be any different than eating 3g of caps.

Quote:

R.I.P.Zappa said:
The consensus hangs around the notion that only scientific equipment can tell enough difference to care. :cookiemonster:

And this^

-OM

--------------------

InvisibleKaruna
 User Gallery

Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: Cristianosolo] * 1
    #26141578 - 08/18/19 02:20 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

With psilocybe cubensis, the caps have been shown to contain more psilocybin than the stems, albeit in varying amounts.

Below is a table created from data gathered in the study Morphological and chemical analysis of magic mushrooms in Japan, which shows an average 30% difference in caps vs stems. It appears some samples used were quite different (possibly degraded) and affected the results, yet is still an interesting study which shows that from the samples used, over a 3.5g dose of cubensis, the amount of psilocybin in the caps vs stems differed by a minimum of 2.8mg and maximum of 28mg, averaging at 10mg. A 1g dose would've been 0.8mg, 8mg and 2.9mg respectively. The study to me shows that if you want consistent doses, it's probably best to use the whole fruit body rather than separate the stems and caps.

Quote:

Occurrence and use of  hallucinogenic mushrooms containing psilocybin  alkaloids
The  part  of  the  mushroom  that  has  been  analysed  may  also  influence  the  level  of  psilocybin  and  related  compound  detected.  Wurst  et  al.  (1984)  reported  that  caps  contain  more  psilocybin  than  stems.  Similar  findings have been reported by Beug and Bigwood (1982)*, Gartz (1987a, 1987b),  Keller  et  al.  (1998),  Gartz  and  Müller  (1989),  and  Gurevich  (1993).  Even  lower  levels  are  found  in  the  mycelium  (Gartz,  1986b;  Kysilka  and  Wurst,  1989;  Keller  et  al.,  1998).  Other  investigators  have  found  marginal  difference  in  psilocybin-  and  psilocin-content  in  the  hat  and the stipe for some mushroom species (Tsujikawa et al., 2003).

*In the 'Beug and Bigwood, (1982)' study, the caps of psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) were measured to be around 44% stronger.

These are the two mushrooms I've personally used and researched the most, so I'm not sure if this applies to other psilocybes.

Edited by Karuna (08/18/19 02:39 PM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: Karuna]
    #26141963 - 08/18/19 07:00 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Those are some great statistics and resources, thank you for sharing/posting that!

It's true that the caps contain marginally more, but the stems still contain plenty, and in larger fruits the stems often weigh more than the caps. It's silly to eat only the caps when the stems contain plenty too. A lot of people think they should just eat the caps and that the stems are worthless, unfortunately.

The amount of psilocybin varies dramatically from fruit to fruit. The large swing of potency in that graph looks normal. Potency 10x higher than average happens in about 1 in 100 isolates.

Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #26142018 - 08/18/19 07:56 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

R.I.P.Zappa said:

Such regard to the human intellect and psyche.

OfflineCristianosolo
 User Gallery

Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: heatlessbbq]
    #26143933 - 08/20/19 05:34 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Thank , very interesting

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: Cristianosolo]
    #26143938 - 08/20/19 05:38 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I remember when I was under the impression that caps had more activities than the stems.

I eat it all. Never fails me lol.

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: True or false that cubes cap has more psilocibine than the stem? [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26145287 - 08/20/19 07:14 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I tried the experiment for myself years ago. I couldn't tell the difference.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate