Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Mushroom Trip On Queer As Folk
    #2614035 - 04/29/04 01:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

On the last episode of QAF, Emmit goes to a Radical Faery fest. in the woods as an attempt to get in touch with himself after a bad breakup with his partner who became addicted to methamphetamine after losing his job. Going as a cynic, he's turned off to the hokey new-age scene, but while sitting alone in despair he's offered a mushroom (it's portrayed as a fresh mushroom that looks stuffed and gourmet, he doesn't realize it's psychedelic) After taking the shrooms, he starts wandering through the woods and there's a great techno-ized Grace Slick song as the trees gust w/ with wind and turn from summer to autumn and a hypnogogic imagery appears. Bedazzled he goes farther into the woods and meets an old man who asks him to help build a circle of stones and imparts some wisdom onto him, his name was Harry - During the last scene of the gathering, the members are gathered in the circle they built sharing their heart songs, and Emmit shares some of his experiences, and the leader gives a dedication to the founder Harry Hayes. Emmit asks where Harry is, the guy who built the circle, and somebody keys him in the Harry had passed away 2 years ago.

Anyways, if you get On Demand TV & Showtime, you can watch it, if it interests you. I must say I got a kick out of the episode.

Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Mushroom Trip On Queer As Folk [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #2621247 - 04/30/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i LOVE Queer as Folk! i have all 3 seasons on DVD and i have a QAF night every monday where a bunch of girls (and even Odin once) come to watch the show. we are all addicted to the show and no one has Showtime, so we are going to have to wait for season 4 to come out on DVD. our last QAF night was last monday... we were so sad that we have to wait a while before we have more QAF parties.

Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot. - Niel Gaiman

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology