Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStu1234
Disco Stu

IYO.......Chanterelle cultivation
    #26139561 - 08/17/19 09:03 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Afternoon all from a very hot day in the South of France. So basically we come out here every year, same location,
same Chanterelle spots. This year however it has been hot hot hot with very little rain fall which obviously is having a huge knock on effect for all the wild mushrooms. Today though on a visit to the local market, a guy was selling fresh Chanterelle mushrooms, like he must have had a few thousand of them. So I got thinking, if he knew where they came up each year in the wild, watered the areas to keep moist, would this have the same effect as rainfall???... If not I don't understand where he was getting them from as not an easy mushroom to grow indoors???

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMr. Funguy
Quasi Frodo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Terra
Re: IYO.......Chanterelle cultivation [Re: Stu1234]
    #26139612 - 08/17/19 09:56 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I dont see an issue.

--------------------

InvisiblebobwastakenS
under construction
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: IYO.......Chanterelle cultivation [Re: Mr. Funguy] * 1
    #26139676 - 08/17/19 10:42 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Indoor cultivated and wild foraged mushrooms can often be distinguished from one another with cultivated mushrooms being free of insect/weather damage and typically of more consistent size.

It's certainly possible to influence the fruiting of wild mushroom patches by watering.

While I've never hunted Chanterelles in France I have spent time hiking The Alps during the summer. Very beautiful countryside with extreme weather fluctuations. I've encountered some very promising microclimates and temperate forests at higher altitudes. Steep valleys protected from the winds and midday heat bearing an abundance of fungi in places. If the wild season is typically underway this time of year I'd wage the man at the markets knows of some early fruiting spots unburdened by the hot and dry spell you're experiencing at your annual location.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation