Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFireyOne
Stranger
 User Gallery
My First Mushroom Finds! Can You Help Identify?
    #26133054 - 08/13/19 12:40 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Hi! I was exploring forests of Northern Minnesota, and found a few mushrooms I was hoping you might help identify. I have pictures. They were in a moist pine forest full of ferns-- cool and temperate. (Cool by night, 70s in temp by day.)

First, I think I found a light-colored variety of Amantia Muscaria, but am not sure about it. What do you think? Here are three pictures. (Is this a good kind, or the kind that can kill you?) It has white gills underneath, as pictured, and a reddish-orange-yellow top. The width of the cap was 2-3 inches.

Next, I found something I have no idea about. It's basically an orange, fungal mass and was able to be picked as one piece. Any ideas about this one? It's about the size of my hand, and doesn't seem to have any discernible shape. There were a lot of these in the same area.

Finally, I found a teeny little one. :smile: It has white gills underneath, also. It's only a few centimeters wide.

Thank you for any help with identification, as this is my first mushroom hunt ever, and I'm excited by cautious. If you have any questions I haven't covered, this is my first time and I'll answer.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: My First Mushroom Finds! Can You Help Identify? [Re: FireyOne]
    #26133534 - 08/13/19 12:09 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Amanita muscaria guessowii
Hypomyces lactifluorum
Russula

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification