Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZisch
Stranger
Cobweb mold or mycelium
    #26128399 - 08/09/19 11:18 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Hey,
I've been reading on this site for quite some time and often got many helpful informations! Because I couldn't find any real definitive answers to my current problem I figured I might aswell start posting myself :smile:

So I set up my first mushrooms (after having great success with grow kits) following this tek:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=40988
I messed up a little with the water because I added some after I put the brown rice meal in with the verm, which made it kinda "mushy" but I made it quite nice again by adding some clay substrate for plants.
I sterilized using a regular pot, because I wasn't ready to invest in a PC just yet.

I inoculated (4 days ago) each of the plastic containers with 10cc. In each syringe I dissolved one whole spore print. I thought "why not, more is better" but I'm not so sure anymore, so if you could provide me with information on that and if it may be even harmful I would be thankful.

But now the real problem. I noticed some white fluff in one of the smaller boxes and thought of it being cobweb mold. I took it out with sterile tweezers and put a little salt on top. I'm quite confident that I can control it so that the mycelium will grow strong and produce mushrooms.
Yesterday I started seeing white fluff with similar texture in my big box, but instead of being on the surface it was in the corners where I inoculated. Today it made its way up and is on the surface as well. I know that at that point I can't do much if it's that deep in the substrate, but I wondered if it was really cobweb mold, since I read that that stuff only grows on the surface.
I attached some pictures, so maybe some of you can help me find out if it's mycelium or some kind of mold. Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZisch
Stranger
Re: Cobweb mold or mycelium [Re: Zisch]
    #26129443 - 08/10/19 07:59 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, nevermind... Today it showed its true form to me: Pinmold. I'm just gonna toss them. Still I would like to know if using one whole spore print with 10cc of water per box has any negative side effects I might not be aware of.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder