Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! * 1
    #26125644 - 08/07/19 01:29 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

So I recently picked up a presto that's induction compatible to try it out and see how much faster I can get it to my usual 17-18psi.
In comparison I've used the old presto with a 1800w standard cooktop and also poured in almost boiling water prior to getting it on the cooktop to speed up the process...and despite that it was impossible for me to get it pressurized to 15psi in under 45 minutes..

Yesterday the induction presto arrived..and I tried it out instantly.

With about 1.5-2 quarts of 50c water, it took me......5 minutes to get it to 15 psi....no joke.
And by get it to 15 psi I mean from actually turning on the cooktop with 50c water inside it to the point that it reaches 15psi.

The stove was my standard stove with a booster function which is what I used at the moment. So today I tried it on my separate cooktop that's used for growing stuff only, and I clocked it in at approx 12 minutes to 15 psi.

Edited by Throwawaygrower (08/07/19 01:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

Loc: In your MOM's poop shoot
Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: Throwawaygrower]
    #26125667 - 08/07/19 01:37 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

What is the model number for the Presto?

OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: Funky Monkey]
    #26125671 - 08/07/19 01:39 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

#26125687 - 08/07/19 01:45 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Yoooo, I am definitely getting one of those when the day comes I'm not working on a gas range at the place I'm at now. I love induction cooktops for this kind of shit, I have a couple of good ones in storage. I might actually go pull them out and buy this so I can run my PC(s) in a bag room and not have to hear the never ending "tss..tss..tss..tss..tss..." of the pressure cooker as I am in the main part of the house watching tv and doing other stuff. The lady will thank you as well. :thumbup:

OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

#26126354 - 08/08/19 02:23 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Induction is for sure the way to go if you want accuracy and speed.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #26126427 - 08/08/19 05:15 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

You're venting it for ten minutes before putting the weight on right?

OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26126537 - 08/08/19 07:34 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Yes of course. This was just a test to see how fast it actually can get up to temp. Venting is excluded in the times presented above. I tried it today again with almost 4 quarts of water and it was at 18psi, venting included in 20 minutes.

InvisibleSir Pentinite
Stranger all the time.

Loc: ation Location Location
    #26126585 - 08/08/19 08:18 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a little confused....you have an electric range, but it's not an induction range, right? Does it have the flat top or exposed coils?

From what I can tell, the induction Presto has a totally flat bottom, so what you may be seeing is simply better contact with the heating surface of your stove. My regular 23qt has a stepped bottom, but the burners on my gas range are 30,000btu(≈8,800W equivalent) so it doesn't really matter.

--------------------
"I thought to myself 'Boy, I'm sure glad there's nobody here to see this because this is exactly the sort of thing that gets people riled-up and they assume you're dying and that something has to be done. Where if you're alone, you know, you either come through it or you die, but in any case you avoid the fuss.'"
- Terrence McKenna

OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: Sir Pentinite]
    #26126604 - 08/08/19 08:27 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

If you're talking about ceramic stovetops then yes, but that's irrelevant.
Induction works completely different from both gas and ordinary stovetops in the way that a magnetic force heats the actual vessel. So there's no contact per se to consider.

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

#26126781 - 08/08/19 11:05 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

:whathesaid:

I like my induction surfaces. Besides this hobby, if you like cast iron cooking they are dope for that too. Very versatile.

But when I get my big boy pants on with this hobby I'm getting the AA 75x. That bad boy is a plug-in electric. Set your timer(s) and go on about your life. You can be out running errands, sleeping, whatever. Boss shit.

OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

#26126963 - 08/08/19 01:32 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

yeah a 75x is a different ballgame..

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #26127158 - 08/08/19 03:37 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

The 25x takes forever to heat up. Its underpowered imo. Idk about the 75x I've never owned that one but I know someone who has one that never used it because its a pain in the ass time wise. He owns a brewery and uses a presto instead for all the qc work.

OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26128541 - 08/09/19 12:44 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
The 25x takes forever to heat up. Its underpowered imo. Idk about the 75x I've never owned that one but I know someone who has one that never used it because its a pain in the ass time wise. He owns a brewery and uses a presto instead for all the qc work.

I've never tried an AA either but I don't think I can motivate that purchase with the induction presto being available. Maybe it's different in the US but for us europeans, this is godsent.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: Throwawaygrower] * 1
    #26130271 - 08/10/19 07:56 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

what exactly is different about an induction PC?

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #26130526 - 08/11/19 12:11 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Funky Monkey said:
I like my induction surfaces. Besides this hobby, if you like cast iron cooking they are dope for that too. Very versatile.

But when I get my big boy pants on with this hobby I'm getting the AA 75x. That bad boy is a plug-in electric. Set your timer(s) and go on about your life. You can be out running errands, sleeping, whatever. Boss shit.

Quote:

Throwawaygrower said:
I've never tried an AA either but I don't think I can motivate that purchase with the induction presto being available.

The more I think about it... I already have the induction tops, and with timers this is a much cheaper "set and forget" kind of thing if I can get it streamlined correctly... I think to be prudent I will be trying the induction first, and see how it goes.

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:

The metal on the bottom of the pot allows you to use induction cooktops, which will not work with a standard pot. They heat VERY FAST. The cooktops contain coils made of a magnetic material. When current passes through the coil, it produces a magnetic field that transfers to the pan above it – and only the pan. The pan and its contents heat up but neither the cooktop nor the air above it becomes hot. When the pan is removed, the energy transfer stops, and the surface is once again cooled to the touch. It's super safe. You can place a paper towel across the top of the cooktop between the surface and the pan. The paper towel will not get hot (no fire risk) and it will not inhibit the magnetic field required to heat the pan. (Why no burned paper towel, or food or what have you? They don’t conduct electricity – They aren't magnetic.) And for growers looking for the most energy-efficient products, induction offers an opportunity to reduce energy consumption by 10 to 20 percent over a more conventional type of stove. :thumbup:

The induction presto might not be as big as a AA tank, but the redeeming qualities seem plentiful enough to give it a shot. The more I think about it the better it sounds.

OfflineThrowawaygrower
Secret ninja
I'm a teapot

#26132146 - 08/12/19 11:29 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I have mine dialed in so it goes between 18-19psi without any hissing..just stays there, set and forget.

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26132154 - 08/12/19 11:42 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Presto now has an induction PC...and it's awesome! [Re: JHOVA]
    #26132193 - 08/12/19 12:12 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JHOVA said:
Quote:

Psilosopherr said:

Quote:

The metal on the bottom of the pot allows you to use induction cooktops, which will not work with a standard pot. They heat VERY FAST. The cooktops contain coils made of a magnetic material. When current passes through the coil, it produces a magnetic field that transfers to the pan above it – and only the pan. The pan and its contents heat up but neither the cooktop nor the air above it becomes hot. When the pan is removed, the energy transfer stops, and the surface is once again cooled to the touch. It's super safe. You can place a paper towel across the top of the cooktop between the surface and the pan. The paper towel will not get hot (no fire risk) and it will not inhibit the magnetic field required to heat the pan. (Why no burned paper towel, or food or what have you? They don’t conduct electricity – They aren't magnetic.) And for growers looking for the most energy-efficient products, induction offers an opportunity to reduce energy consumption by 10 to 20 percent over a more conventional type of stove. :thumbup:

The induction presto might not be as big as a AA tank, but the redeeming qualities seem plentiful enough to give it a shot. The more I think about it the better it sounds.

thanks for taking the time to explain that btw funky monkey.

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

#26132369 - 08/12/19 02:12 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

:goodday:

OfflineKing0fthajuice
Colors
Male

Loc: Wild Like Volusia in the 80s
    #26142492 - 08/19/19 08:15 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Thinking bout grabbing this rn, I have a nusave2  and it would help so much if I could just slap it on there. I don’t have a stove so I have to go to my grandparents and grandma keeps bitching about the oats “I’m allergic” I need my Benadryl, I kicked her out the chair and said shut up grandma; me and grandpa first bumped then went and smoked a cigarette.

No but for real grandma says she’s allergic and I’m tired of using their energy, who know she might be allergic I just think it bothers her.  They always tell me they don’t care and I really don’t think they mind.
but the whole timing and having to be done and cleared out by 1pm I can barely get one batch of jars done and I just feel intrusive.  I know she don’t want to come home from work to that shit but she’s pretty cool.
because she was always been against all mushrooms and now she’s even stopping me showing me mushrooms she finds and asks about them.  She a cool old witch

--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Edited by King0fthajuice (08/19/19 03:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies