Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGardener
Stranger
Loc: UK
Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ?
    #2612468 - 04/28/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

just wondering..

(don't ask me to tell you more about ADD, google it)

Do you think (if you have ADD or Dyslexia) that mushrooms (aftet the trip) reduce the symptoms?

--------------------
(a F1 bmw engine of the 80's would produce 1500bhp from 1500cc at 11000rpm and 5.5 bar pressure)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: Gardener]
    #2612496 - 04/28/04 07:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nope.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineGardener
Stranger
Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2612689 - 04/28/04 08:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That was enlightening..

--------------------
(a F1 bmw engine of the 80's would produce 1500bhp from 1500cc at 11000rpm and 5.5 bar pressure)

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
    #2612699 - 04/28/04 08:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You did kind of ask a yes or no question.

I wouldn't know how to answer. I would assume no, however.

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

OfflineGardener
Stranger
ADD symptoms similar to trip symptoms? [Re: Bonez420]
    #2612825 - 04/28/04 08:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think i discovered a theory about many things

That combines the following things:

amphetamines
near death experiences
mushrooms and psy drugs
out of body experiences
watching your life as a f.forward movie when u think you will die
ADD&ADHD
Dyslexia
and some more...

I started to write this post but then i started to realize stuff, so i will just have to think about it some more and maybe publish it as an article somewhere else in shroomery or else.

No i didnt take anything before writing this post (not even coffee)

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2612857 - 04/28/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What is ADD?

The sheer inability to concentrate on anything?

Hyperactivity?

A label teachers put on kids who don't "behave"?

A checklist of symptoms that your doctor checks to see if you have and if you do, he gives you drugs for them?

I only ask because I am not convinced "ADD" is a single distinct disorder. I think its a nebulous label that is insufficiently descriptive of a wide range of personalities.

Also: Does being a pothead exempt you from potential ADD status? I think it's hilarious when people who are stoners say they have ADD. Maybe you can't concentrate in class 'cause yer high.....

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: Viveka]
    #2612859 - 04/28/04 08:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My thoughts exactly.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineGardener
Stranger
Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2612896 - 04/28/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i have smoked like 6 whole splifs in my life, i'm 24 now, so i dont think ADD was caused because of weed. I only found out that i have ADD now, but a doc asked me if i did this and that in my early childhood, and he made me understand that it's genetic.

Chiefthunderdog: No offence, but please try to express your self with more than a yes or a no.

Let me think about this a bit more...

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2613186 - 04/28/04 10:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know what else you wanted me to say......you asked if mushrooms could cure add/dyslexia (two very different things) and I answered with my opinion.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2617489 - 04/29/04 06:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

im not sure about ADD, but here at the U of A they are doing a study to see if it helps with OCD (obsessive compulsive dissorder)...i think they have treated like 8 patients so far, cant really remember exactly...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineGardener
Stranger
Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2617560 - 04/29/04 06:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i was just about to go to sleep

What does the A stand for?
How did they treat it?
Did they use mushrooms?

----------------------------------------------------------
And my theory about some things like OBE's Death, Brain function, SHrooms, ADD

A bit incomplete..

I have ADD, and after having mushrooms (like last time i had 15g of fresh cubes which is not a lot, 2ndlevel) next few days i did NOT have the ADD symptoms.

What is ADD
------------------------
ADD or sometimes known as ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is treated with methamphetamine, called retalin. It basically stimulates the part of your brain that controls your brain. what comes in and out. If that part doesnt work, you can't focus, for example if you want to read your homework, u tend to daydream (similar think happens when u have mushrooms), be aware of the other senses (clock ticking might put you off from reading) even if u don't want to. like mushrooms. You are suddenly become super aware of the things around you, without trying. Similar in ADD, u cant focus, your mind does it's own things-daydreams, listens when u want to look, etc-

ADD is more common in young kids

Cause of ADD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"In the brain, ADHD is commonly associated with malfunction of frontal networks, but research on its underlying neuropsychology has so far failed to produce consistent results. Our studies found that boys with ADHD were significantly more impaired on neuropsychological tests that explore frontal lobe functioning, and those with a family history of ADHD were most impaired."

Cure of ADD symptoms
The most common drug used to fight the symptoms of ADD is Ritalin (Methylphenidate) which is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant. It has effects similar to, but more potent than, caffeine and less potent than amphetamines.

Last year 208,000 prescriptions were made in UK (around 55million population)

Methylphenidate is chemically quite similar to highly addictive cocaine, is not addictive when taken in pill form. Although in my personal experience cocaine is not addictive, but I have some friends that are addicted to it mildly. But I don?t think can addict to anything.

Although Ritalin has been used for more than 40 years as a successful treatment for ADHD, minimal information has been gathered to date on exactly how the drug works in the brain, outside of limited animal studies. This latest study, on humans, indicates that Ritalin significantly increases levels of dopamine in the brain, thereby stimulating attention and motivational circuits that enhance one's ability to focus and complete tasks.

Ritalin also works to suppress "background" firing of neurons not associated with task performance, allowing the brain to transmit a clearer signal. "Random activation of other cells can distract you, and children with ADHD are easily distracted," she said. "Ritalin suppresses that background firing and accentuates the specific activation, basically increasing the signal-to-noise ratio and increasing a child's ability to focus."

Mushrooms, ADD,
When I have mushrooms what happens?
You can hear better (or think so)
Why do you think you can hear better? Because you can hear your breathing or your heart? Or the air conditioning? Or your clock ticking? By the way I have a G-Shock and in absolute silence I can hear it when I?m very calm and put my ear on it.
So in other words you can?t hear better, it?s just that senses bypass your brain filters.
Same thing happens with ADD. You can hear everything. When you have mushrooms it?s nice, but when you have a deadline, it?s not that nice. Imagine that you have your final year report to submit tomorrow and have 1000 words to go and someone puts mushrooms in your food. You will start to freak out because you have a task to do and can not concentrate to do it. You get distracted by everything, your mind wonders everywhere. That?s what happens with me and ADD. When I get down to do a difficult assignment I can?t do it. I find it ridiculously impossible and get pissed off about it. It?s only when the deadline is very near and all the adrenaline flows in to my brain (a stimulant) that I get the enlightment and everything just seems to work out and I can work really fast.

After having mushrooms (level 2) next few days) I?m able to focus and be very organized. I have such clarity. My short memory is much better. I flow between tasks, big or small flawlessly. Why is this I don?t know. A week or 2 after I had a nice trip I studied and passed all my exams. Then failed a coursework. And the assignment was last year?s exam,..

Mushrooms OBE , near death experiences, death
Most people know, OBE stands for Out of body experience. I Never had one but I think I know how it works.

I believe in simple terms brain is like a spider web with the thought, being memories and memories being thoughts (just like light is a particle and a wave at the same time) as water drops. There is mist (sort term experiences) and rain drops (bigger experiences). If there is to much mist there is condensation on the web (if u experience something too much or many times you will remember it)
I?m making stuff up as I write?

Drops can go from one to another and combine or split. But only with the use of the spider and/or a new string. So a new strin can cut a drop in half. At the center of the web its the spider and the exit.

Mushrooms shake this web, so drops start to drip (memories-thoughts, which from now on I will call them memoughts). No you will not loose the memought if it drops, only if it dries out.

So mushroom shake your brain web and memoughts start to drip a lot, it?s more like a rain. You are the spider and you try to catch them but you cant, there are too many?

Your ghost (see Ghost in the Shell) and when I say ghost is what some mean your soul is the spider.

If the spider goes to the top of the web it can see better. So that part it?s the vision. Another part it?s the hearing etc

People with ADD can?t go very far, They go around the center of the web and because of that they tend to feel all the edges of the web at the same time and get confused. (cant concentrate)

With shrooms something similar happens. Its just that the memoughts are too many, they drop very fast

DEATH, OBE

When u die you die because your brain dies or it thinks it does. The web weakens and collapses, merging all your thoughts into 1, when this collapse happens, all your memories mix, become a stream, and you can no longer tell the drops apart. I think that?s when
OBE comes into play. You will never see something that you don?t have information to make up. So if the drop that was about playing EA games F1 2004 and the feeling of pressure on your feet from standing mix, it will mix them as best as possible. It will lok for reference in the game to your feet for example. The pressure on the pedals. So you will think that you are pressing the pedals. So what happens when you press the pedals? You will hear the engine, the engine then accelerates etc, and all the other memoughts will quickly merge and make a experience a small stream.

When you die you will get something similar to a blue screen of death (Google it if you don?t know)
You will get a screen with a few numbers that represent a lot of stuff on your pc

Similarly when dying your brain does a memory dump

I obviously wrote too much (1300 words or so)

I will stop here

I hope all this will make you think.

This is posted in a forum to help me evolve it

References

http://www.bnl.gov/bnlweb/pubaf/pr/2001/bnlpr011501a.html

--------------------

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2620250 - 04/30/04 08:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ADD or sometimes known as ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is treated with methamphetamine,

After having mushrooms (level 2) next few days) I?m able to focus and be very organized. I have such clarity. My short memory is much better. I flow between tasks, big or small flawlessly. Why is this I don?t know. A week or 2 after I had a nice trip I studied and passed all my exams.

Ritalin is methamphetamine? cool; we used to buy it over the counter in Panama where the mushrooms grew big as saucers.

Yeah I remember being more focused for like a month after a low level trip. Nice web anology. You may be on to something

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: Viveka]
    #2620325 - 04/30/04 09:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Actually recent studies suggest that ADD is a thyroid disorder - a metabolic disorder.

--------------------

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2620425 - 04/30/04 10:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Actually the best cure for ADD is a bloody good hiding! :wink:

OfflineDF2K
Me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land before time
Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: Jackal]
    #2621077 - 04/30/04 01:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ritalin is NOT methamphetamine

THIS is ritalin:

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/methylphenidate/methylphenidate.shtml

were'd you get your mis-information?

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: DF2K]
    #2621818 - 04/30/04 03:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

ADD doesn't exist in the first place.
So I'd say no.

On the other hand, if people wih "ADD" learned to "Chill The Fuck Out" from shrooming, then maybe...

--------------------

OfflineHerbgrower12
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can cubensis cure Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia ? [Re: aje]
    #23748173 - 10/18/16 10:14 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

I personally learned to "Chill The Fuck Out" on LSA and LSD and I still believe it gave me a better insight on things before I gave them two lysergamides a go after being diagnosed with ADHD. Ive also tripped on LSA when I was 13. Both helped me. Good Luck!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience